Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2015, 13:43   #631
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepakS View Post
Can anybody tell whether it's possible to increase the power of the 85PS Terrano via a remap or some other sort of tuning?
Basic engine architecture and block, head, etc are shared. However, piston, connecting rods, crank shaft etc are different/stronger for 110. Remap will increase bhp, but you will loose your bottom end torque which is what makes the 85 very drivable in the cities.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2015, 14:39   #632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
^^ Since you have researched a bit on them , hence this question..
Does a Rod/bar type front accessory (commonly called as Dog Guard) also interfere ?
As far as I know, Dog guards are some sort of fence which prevents the animal to move from the back to the front or the other way around.

If you are referring to something that will be attached in the front, I bet it will be secured by fastening it to the chassis.. This is not recommended. Since a collision would definitely affect the chassis as it would take majorityof the force.

As long as it is not fixed to the chassis (something glued/taped/screwed to the bumper), i dont think it should be a problem.

Hope this helps
Old 1st January 2015, 17:04   #633
BHPian

Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Basic engine architecture and block, head, etc are shared. However, piston, connecting rods, crank shaft etc are different/stronger for 110. Remap will increase bhp, but you will loose your bottom end torque which is what makes the 85 very drivable in the cities.
Thanks! I guess i'll stick to the stock 85PS then. Although very driveable in the city, it completely such on the highways. Also, as good as the low end torque is, it creates a very buzzing low frequency sound at low speeds.
Old 2nd January 2015, 17:53   #634

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
All Terrano Owners, how hard or soft is the clutch? Is it better than the Duster?
In my observation, I feel the Renault Duster has a softer clutch as compared to the Nissan Terrano. I drove my friend's Duster 85PS RXL Plus that had done 5000Km on the ODO from Bangalore to Cochin last week before Christmas and I felt the clutch was much more plusher in the Duster, which was a boon in stop-go traffic at Electronic city Toll, some parts of Salem and most parts of Cochin due to the Metro-Rail works. I personally own a Nissan Terrano XE 85PS having 10,000Kms on the ODO.
rDx07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2015, 13:12   #635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rDx07 View Post
In my observation, I feel the Renault Duster has a softer clutch as compared to the Nissan Terrano. I drove my friend's Duster 85PS RXL Plus that had done 5000Km on the ODO from Bangalore to Cochin last week before Christmas and I felt the clutch was much more plusher in the Duster, which was a boon in stop-go traffic at Electronic city Toll, some parts of Salem and most parts of Cochin due to the Metro-Rail works. I personally own a Nissan Terrano XE 85PS having 10,000Kms on the ODO.
I heard Renault is providing a fix for hard clutch issues. Anything similar offered for the Terrano? I am interested in the Terrano but as most of my commute will be within city limits, a vehicle with hard clutch will not do for me.
Old 23rd January 2015, 20:14   #636

Quote:
Originally Posted by suv100 View Post
I heard Renault is providing a fix for hard clutch issues. Anything similar offered for the Terrano? I am interested in the Terrano but as most of my commute will be within city limits, a vehicle with hard clutch will not do for me.
The hard clutch is something that we can get used to, but ladies would have a tough time even in medium traffic. As of now, there are no news of a plusher clutch setting for the Terrano from Nissan. If you live in Kerala, i don't think it would be a major problem when compared to the b2b traffic in Mumbai and Bangalore. I heard Duster AWD comes with a plusher clutch and better power delivery but costs around 14Lac+. Since you mentioned that most of your commutes will be within the city, i would suggest you to opt for the 85BHP XL model as it is very driveable in the city and fair enough on the highways as well, unlike the 110BHP, which suffers some turbo lag that's a bit irritating in the city.
rDx07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2015, 03:36   #637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rDx07 View Post
The hard clutch is something that we can get used to, but ladies would have a tough time even in medium traffic. As of now, there are no news of a plusher clutch setting for the Terrano from Nissan. If you live in Kerala, i don't think it would be a major problem when compared to the b2b traffic in Mumbai and Bangalore. I heard Duster AWD comes with a plusher clutch and better power delivery but costs around 14Lac+
Love my new 85bhp Terrano in most aspects, but my only gripe is the clutch. Not really the hardness, but in all my years of driving, its the first time on this new car I am finding in B2B bangalore traffic that my long foot gradually slides on the pedal and goes upwards by which time I can only depress the clutch about 90%. Dont know if the Terrano clutch pedal is small or its positioned in a different angle for my long foot. Anybody else with a similar problem??

Also another query- I wanted to replace the stock horn with a Hella or Bosch twin horn. I was told unlike the Duster, on this car you have to loosen the grill AND front bumper to reach the horn!! Is this true? Is there a pre-wired relay to accept the twin horn or do we have to fix a new Relay also?

Thanks for any pointers on the above

Last edited by Haroon : 28th January 2015 at 03:39.
Old 28th January 2015, 10:08   #638
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haroon View Post

Dont know if the Terrano clutch pedal is small or its positioned in a different angle for my long foot. Anybody else with a similar problem??

Also another query- I wanted to replace the stock horn with a Hella or Bosch twin horn. I was told unlike the Duster, on this car you have to loosen the grill AND front bumper to reach the horn!! Is this true? Is there a pre-wired relay to accept the twin horn or do we have to fix a new Relay also?

Thanks for any pointers on the above
Haroon, Congratulations on your car. Never knew you got a car in India and drive in it

Coming to your query, ask some one from Nissan to look into your clutch or at any FNG. Yesterday, in a friend's Scorpio, all the mechanic did was unscrew one nut and released some pressure and the clutch was back to being smooth. Maybe something as easy as this might be causing it. The 5 Speed 1.5 DCi has smooth clutch operation compared to the 6 speed one.

As far as horns go, from my experience, if the car comes with twin/dual horns as OE, chances are it has built-in relay. A competent car electrician will verify this. BTW, have a look at this thread if you would like to know a bit more about which horn to go for. The shop from where you get the horn might be having a guy who can do this.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2015, 10:32   #639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepakS View Post
Thanks! I guess i'll stick to the stock 85PS then. Although very driveable in the city, it completely such on the highways. Also, as good as the low end torque is, it creates a very buzzing low frequency sound at low speeds.
How can a remap reduce the low end torque? If the tuner knows what is he doing, a remapped car will be far better drivable than stock. My 85PS Duster is remapped and driving a stock 85PS and 110PS is very boring now.
Old 28th January 2015, 14:54   #640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Haroon, Congratulations on your car. Never knew you got a car in India and drive in it

Coming to your query, ask some one from Nissan to look into your clutch or at any FNG. Yesterday, in a friend's Scorpio, all the mechanic did was unscrew one nut and released some pressure and the clutch was back to being smooth. Maybe something as easy as this might be causing it. The 5 Speed 1.5 DCi has smooth clutch operation compared to the 6 speed one.

As far as horns go, from my experience, if the car comes with twin/dual horns as OE, chances are it has built-in relay. A competent car electrician will verify this. BTW, have a look at this thread if you would like to know a bit more about which horn to go for. The shop from where you get the horn might be having a guy who can do this.

Thanks Sheel. Yes, since I visit india once in 2-3 months I keep the car, but the battery is disconnected and car covered when I am away. I was planning on going to the service on my next trip but just put the query to know if anybody has had such a experience.

For the horn, I will check that link. Thanks (its indeed the 'skoda type' horn). Infact couple of good techs at the main car accessory hub of Bangalore (JC Road) mentioned about the bumper removal and hence I was not inclined on doing that on a new car! Whereas they told me on the Duster its just the grill to be removed. I will anyway check at the Service center if this is true. As for the Indian horns, I already have a indian made Hella on my GS and a Roots that I recently fixed on my Kawasaki Concours14 here in Saudi. Infact the BMW with its crazy 'canbus' taught me all the nuances of wiring/relays/power source/trigger source etc for the horn.
Haroon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2015, 17:45   #641
BHPian

Hi All,

Finally the wait is over and got hands on my new Terrano 85PS. Loved it..!

I really appreciate the efforts of all who reviewed the car and feel exactly the same. The ride Quality is great.

The clutch does feel hard and I'm hoping it should get smoother after the 1st checkup. Though I'll bring it up with the dealer when I meet them next.

Noticed a bunch of indicator lights on the display which are of no use. I guess the company uses the same system for most cars.

I quick question to the owners with the stock music system. Is there a way to mute/pause while playing a CD?
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Terrano : Official Review-myterrano85.jpg  

DharmeshGohil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2015, 12:53   #642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DharmeshGohil View Post
Hi All,

Finally the wait is over and got hands on my new Terrano 85PS. Loved it..!

I really appreciate the efforts of all who reviewed the car and feel exactly the same. The ride Quality is great.

The clutch does feel hard and I'm hoping it should get smoother after the 1st checkup. Though I'll bring it up with the dealer when I meet them next.

Noticed a bunch of indicator lights on the display which are of no use. I guess the company uses the same system for most cars.

I quick question to the owners with the stock music system. Is there a way to mute/pause while playing a CD?
Congratulations on your new car, as far as i know you just press the button in the centre which automatically mutes it.

off topic my car has done 6700 , Nissan has increased service interval to 1yr or 10,000 why is it different when compared to duster anyone?
Old 29th January 2015, 13:17   #643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by terra85 View Post
Congratulations on your new car, as far as i know you just press the button in the centre which automatically mutes it.
Thanks terra85.

Which center button are you referring to? There are 2 turn knobs with a button within them. One of them is Power and the other says "Enter". Pushing the Enter button while in CD mode just starts the same song again.

On the other hand, if I'm in Bluetooth AUX mode, then the Enter button Pauses/Mutes it. I'd like to have the same thing, but in CD mode.

Have attached a picture of the HU and hoping it's the standard across all variants.
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Terrano : Official Review-20150126_174248.jpg  

Old 29th January 2015, 17:18   #644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DharmeshGohil View Post
Thanks terra85.

Which center button are you referring to? There are 2 turn knobs with a button within them. One of them is Power and the other says "Enter". Pushing the Enter button while in CD mode just starts the same song again.

On the other hand, if I'm in Bluetooth AUX mode, then the Enter button Pauses/Mutes it. I'd like to have the same thing, but in CD mode.

Have attached a picture of the HU and hoping it's the standard across all variants.
Do you know what i havent ever played a CD will go do so i was only playing through USB and bluetooth.
Old 30th January 2015, 01:21   #645

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haroon View Post
Haroon, neither the Duster nor the Terrano comes with pre-wired relays. So firstly you will have to fix an extra bracket for the horn (there is a provision already given for fixing an extra bracket without any welding) and then get a relay too for the twin horn.

True, the grill and the front bumber being a single piece have to be removed for a horn replacement and it can easily be done by any technician since its held by 8 Torx screws (a screw head characterized by a 6-point star-shaped pattern)- 2 under the bonnet, one on each wheel arch and 4 under the front bumper along with clip type locks on the sides i think. I had fixed a Fog lamp since i have the base XE variant. Costed me Rs. 500 an year back on labour for the Fog lamps, so the Horn replacement should stay below Rs. 500 for the labour, relay and the wires since its a very simple process IMO.
rDx07 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks