Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2015, 08:58   #646
BHPian

Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rDx07 View Post
Haroon, neither the Duster nor the Terrano comes with pre-wired relays. So firstly you will have to fix an extra bracket for the horn (there is a provision already given for fixing an extra bracket without any welding) and then get a relay too for the twin horn.

True, the grill and the front bumber being a single piece have to be removed for a horn replacement and it can easily be done by any technician since its held by 8 Torx screws (a screw head characterized by a 6-point star-shaped pattern)- 2 under the bonnet, one on each wheel arch and 4 under the front bumper along with clip type locks on the sides i think. I had fixed a Fog lamp since i have the base XE variant. Costed me Rs. 500 an year back on labour for the Fog lamps, so the Horn replacement should stay below Rs. 500 for the labour, relay and the wires since its a very simple process IMO.
Hi i just wanted to clarify i got a bosch dual tone horn fitted all you have to do is get the grill removed and not the bumper, the guy told it's actually much easier than the duster . hope this helps.
terra85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2015, 14:20   #647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rDx07 View Post
Haroon, neither the Duster nor the Terrano comes with pre-wired relays. So firstly you will have to fix an extra bracket for the horn (there is a provision already given for fixing an extra bracket without any welding) and then get a relay too for the twin horn.

True, the grill and the front bumber being a single piece have to be removed for a horn replacement and it can easily be done by any technician since its held by 8 Torx screws (a screw head characterized by a 6-point star-shaped pattern)- 2 under the bonnet, one on each wheel arch and 4 under the front bumper along with clip type locks on the sides i think. I had fixed a Fog lamp since i have the base XE variant. Costed me Rs. 500 an year back on labour for the Fog lamps, so the Horn replacement should stay below Rs. 500 for the labour, relay and the wires since its a very simple process IMO.
Thanks rDx07. So I have to get an extra relay. As for the bumper the mechs removed the top 2 screws and then told me the points of the remaining 6 screws like you said and thats when I called off the mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by terra85 View Post
Hi i just wanted to clarify i got a bosch dual tone horn fitted all you have to do is get the grill removed and not the bumper, the guy told it's actually much easier than the duster . hope this helps.
Thanks terra85. If this is indeed true, can you give me the details of the place/contact no in Blr, where you got the work done.
Haroon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2015, 18:58   #648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haroon View Post
Thanks rDx07. So I have to get an extra relay. As for the bumper the mechs removed the top 2 screws and then told me the points of the remaining 6 screws like you said and thats when I called off the mission!

Thanks terra85. If this is indeed true, can you give me the details of the place/contact no in Blr, where you got the work done.
Its called junction its near 7th block adigas should cost 800rs or so . I will try to get you the number if I have it.

Last edited by terra85 : 30th January 2015 at 19:00. Reason: correction
terra85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2015, 16:55   #649
BHPian

Terrano / Duster - correct tyre pressure

Does anyone know the correct tyre pressure for a Nissan Terrano (Duster too, since they are the same family)

My user manual says, I need to consult the sticker on the door. There isn't one. I called up the dealer and he told me 'Sir take it to the pump, they will know'.

I searched around and figured out the range is 30-35 psi. That is not really helpful. Currently I fill in 33 psi and am OK with the grip/mileage/bounciness balance. Is this correct?

I also noticed, both my front tyres tend to lose air more than the rear ones. In fact I had observed the same with my Wagon R. Is this normal? If yes, what is the explanation for this? Don't all the tyres travel the same distance, resulting in the same wear and tear?

Any expert insight would be most helpful.
Old 22nd February 2015, 19:38   #650
BHPian

Re: Terrano / Duster - correct tyre pressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTerrano View Post
Does anyone know the correct tyre pressure for a Nissan Terrano (Duster too, since they are the same family)

My user manual says, I need to consult the sticker on the door. There isn't one. I called up the dealer and he told me 'Sir take it to the pump, they will know'.

I searched around and figured out the range is 30-35 psi. That is not really helpful. Currently I fill in 33 psi and am OK with the grip/mileage/bounciness balance. Is this correct?

I also noticed, both my front tyres tend to lose air more than the rear ones. In fact I had observed the same with my Wagon R. Is this normal? If yes, what is the explanation for this? Don't all the tyres travel the same distance, resulting in the same wear and tear?

Any expert insight would be most helpful.
I have a Duster and 29 psi is recommended by Renualt. I usually go for 30 psi all 4 tyres and check after a month or so. By that time it reduces to about 28 psi. Initially I kept it at 33 and found the car to be bouncing more than my liking. My car is usually occupied by 2 of us and minimal luggage so for similar conditions I'd suggest you try 30psi and you may find ride quality to better than what it is at 33.
amit1234singla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2015, 11:00   #651
BHPian

Dear Friends,

I was inquiring about availability and discounts on 2014 Terranos (Diesel). Not getting much information.

Anyone has done any further deep dive into this, what are the pros/cons, what is the discount, is it worth, what to look for, how to proceed?

I am ok for any Terrano diesel model except XLD (I need 2 Airbags ).

I am based out of Bangalore, it would be great if there are any pointers.
Old 12th March 2015, 11:43   #652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummer View Post
I am based out of Bangalore, it would be great if there are any pointers.
I am a Terrano owner since 1 year.
In Pune there are only 2 dealers and I went with the one who gave me professional and better service. (No discounts available. I was told it is a new car, much in demand so hard luck)

From my experience, the 110ps is not really meant for city driving. Turbo lag below 2.5K RPM and hard clutch. But on the highway she is smooth as silk. I recently went to Mumbai from Pune, a journey which usually takes 4 hours min. I made it in 2 1/4 hours! The fact that I started off at 5 helped a bit, but the car was a major factor.

Having lived in B'lore for 1 year, I am aware of the traffic woes. You might want to choose between 85/110ps accordingly.

I know this is not exactly the information you asked for, but I hope it still helps.

The Terrano is an awesome machine. I am sure you will enjoy it.

Last edited by RedTerrano : 12th March 2015 at 11:43. Reason: corrected typo!
Old 13th March 2015, 10:23   #653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTerrano View Post
I know this is not exactly the information you asked for, but I hope it still helps.
Thanks RedTerrano, I drive everyday for about 30-40 kms in thick Bangalore traffic and highway about 600 kms once in a 2-3 months. Hence I am also thinking of XL D Plus (85 BHP) for having better city driveability.

Currently I drive the Hyundai Verna (SX ABS Diesel 110BHP), I hope 85 BHP Terrano doesn't disappoint me.

I am on the look out for 2014 Terrano as Nissan Customer Care told me about 85k discount on last year models, but dealer says 25k, not sure what to do.
Old 13th March 2015, 11:03   #654
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Currently I drive the Hyundai Verna (SX ABS Diesel 110BHP), I hope 85 BHP Terrano doesn't disappoint me.
With the 85 you will find:

- Supremely comfortable to drive on city traffic and ghat roads
- Because it gets you power at the lowest of RPMs.

What it lacks is the top end grunt. In other words, when you are in an open 4-lane, and you want to go harder, you will find the engine straining beyond a point. Its ideal for cruising at 100/105. Beyond that you can actually feel the engine straining.

If you are cruiser/sedate driver on the highways, its ideal. Its drivability in city traffic is something I would not sacrifice for the highway.

PS: Folks have added engine mods to fix the top end issue.

Last edited by ampere : 13th March 2015 at 11:18.
Old 27th March 2015, 20:52   #655
BHPian

I received a call from Nissan dealership today saying there are a few 2014 Limited Edition Terranos are available with some cash discount, but as per Team-BHP, there were only 450 such vehicles were made!!!

Does this mean Nissan was not able sell 450 Limited Edition Terranos? I can't believe it, something is missing here

Sales exec is going to call me again on Monday with more details of available variants, discount, colours etc, however he gave a hint that 85 BHP may cost ~14.10 Lakhs with all discounts

I guess, I can get recently refined 100 BHP Duster for that price bracket.

Is that a good deal OR wait for new launches from other manufacturers OR go for 2015 Duster?

Pls advise.

Mod Note: Team-BHP strongly discourages unsafe driving practices that put yourself and other road users at risk. Please do NOT post about illegally high speeds on public roads.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 21st April 2015 at 10:12.
Old 27th March 2015, 21:54   #656
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks ampere. I normally drive around 140 kms/hr on 4 lane open highways (Bangalore-Mangalore Highway and Bangalore-Pune Highway) in my Verna.

Does 85 BHP Duster OR Terrano fulfil this need?
If you want to cruise at such three digit speeds, you will need the 110 version. 85 will strain to get there. Also note Duster/Terrano have higher GC. So you should take those high speed requirements accordingly.
Old 28th March 2015, 11:55   #657
BHPian

Quote:

I received a call from Nissan dealership today saying there are a few 2014 Limited Edition Terranos are available with some cash discount, but as per Team-BHP, there were only 450 such vehicles were made!!!

Sales exec is going to call me again on Monday with more details of available variants, discount, colours etc, however he gave a hint that 85 BHP may cost ~14.10 Lakhs with all discounts

Pls advise.
Sorry for playing spoil sport but you need to bargain with the sales guy. There are better discounts on offer from Nissan . I have been pushing hard both Nissan and Renault guys.
For Nissan Terrano110 PS (2014 model) i have an offer for Rs 13.5 Lakhs on road in Raipur and this includes the dealer fitting Alloy wheels, rear spoiler, smoky headlamps, multimedia NAV and side skirts.
Keeping in mind that Bangalore OTR is generally higher, I feel you can easily bargain for a 110 PS Terrano for Rs 13.2 Lakhs On road (without any fitment)
Tell the guy you are getting good offers from Renault. March closing , you will get a good deal
Old 29th March 2015, 12:24   #658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkghai View Post
Keeping in mind that Bangalore OTR is generally higher, I feel you can easily bargain for a 110 PS Terrano for Rs 13.2 Lakhs On road (without any fitment)
Tell the guy you are getting good offers from Renault. March closing , you will get a good deal

Thanks ampere and nkghai, let me try my luck tomorrow.
I will surely update the forum.
Old 30th March 2015, 23:06   #659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkghai View Post
For Nissan Terrano110 PS (2014 model) i have an offer for Rs 13.5 Lakhs on road in Raipur and this includes the dealer fitting Alloy wheels, rear spoiler, smoky headlamps, multimedia NAV and side skirts.
Sales exec called me promptly, I explained him about your deal at Raipur. Considering higher rate + taxes at Karnataka, he offered 13.94L for the same model.

According to him XLD THP 110 PS (2014) comes with only driver side airbag, but I need 2 Airbags and ABS, I don't mind not having alloys, I can buy alloys of my choice later. So I had to look for XVD THP 110 PS (2014), which comes to 14.9L after discounts.

XLD Plus 85 PS (2014) comes to 14.2L after discounts, which still seem high.

Still waiting for the sales exec to come back with revised quote. Meanwhile I will try with Renault.
Old 31st March 2015, 12:18   #660
BHPian

Quote:

Still waiting for the sales exec to come back with revised quote. Meanwhile I will try with Renault.
Great .
The ex show room price as per website ex Bangalore for XV model is Rs 12.83 Lakhs. Add RTO and Insurance as per prevailing rate and reduce Rs 85000/- which is minimum discount . If bargained hard it can go upto 1 Lakh
Should give you a fair idea

All the Best

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks