Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2015, 23:09   #676

Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitish.arnold View Post

But from a last few weeks, the glow plug light is coming on in the dashboard, and then big drops in acceleration and mileage are experienced.

after halting for some time, the light disappears, but comes back on after some time.
I had a similar issue with my friends VW Vento TDI a few months back on my drive to Bangalore. The glow plug light came up and after a couple of kilometers, the car could not rev above 2K RPM. It just jerked like how a bike would feel when its about to be in reserve fuel the moment the RPM needle reached 2K. Im not sure if there was excess consumption of fuel but lack of performance was evident. (Imagine driving on Bangalore-Hosur road at 60Kmph since that was the maximum speed the first 4 gears were able to take you when you shift at 2K. Honestly i felt like the car was crawling The 5th gear could hardly be engaged as it was too weak to pull the car even on slight ascents) We stopped the car, called the VV helpline and talked to a service guy and he said it might be due to adulterated fuel. Took it to VW service station in Bangalore and they said the fuel pump is damaged and the fuel filter had some metal residue in it. Got it repaired and claimed the Rs.70,000 on Insurance.

I think it could be due to fuel adulteration from the pump you recently filled. Anyways make sure to ask the service supervisor to inspect the fuel filter, fuel high and low pressure pumps and also your engine cylinders at the service station ASAP !
rDx07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2015, 17:03   #677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rDx07 View Post
I had a similar issue with my friends VW Vento TDI a few months back on my drive to Bangalore.
ohh..need to get my fuel pump checked i guess.
you got 100% insurance claim on this part??

Last edited by ampere : 1st July 2015 at 21:22. Reason: Removed bulk of the quoted thread
Old 2nd July 2015, 10:28   #678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTerrano View Post
Congratulations! Welcome to the Nissan family! Looking forward to your pics and review
Here it is 12days old and clocked 1200kms,
pics courtesy Sagar rawool
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Terrano : Official Review-1.jpg  

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-2.jpg  

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-5.jpg  

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-7.jpg  

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-8.jpg  

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-01.jpg  

Last edited by johnda : 2nd July 2015 at 10:33. Reason: spell
johnda is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 11:26   #679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnda View Post
She's a beauty! Congratulations!
So what did you finally settle on? 85ps? 110ps?
RedTerrano is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 14:13   #680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTerrano View Post
She's a beauty! Congratulations!
So what did you finally settle on? 85ps? 110ps?
Thanks! its the 85psi, infact the "groove" comes only in the 85psi, and its an expansion of the XL(O)
https://www.nissan.in/vehicles/new/t...e-edition.html
I added the rear spoiler, navigation, parking sensors n reverse camera, side step and some chrome (front grill, Ovrms, tail gate entry)

Driving in the rains, i have a considerable amount of tar on the sides!
Old 4th July 2015, 20:01   #681
BHPian

Dear Friends,

I have a Bronze Grey Terrano-2015. I am unable to decide the color/pattern of seat and steering covers, also the color of universal arm rest. I have shortlisted few, attached here for your suggestion.

I am interested in Black/Dark Grey/Silver seats considering our conditions, however, this color is being opposed by wife and kids, they are towards Beige/Grey combination. I am inclined to agree Beige/Grey or Beige/Black looks rich and roomy compared to darker shades.

Pls help me to decide, best color combination of seat, steering cover and armrest.
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Terrano : Official Review-terrano_seatcovers_1.jpg  

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-terrano_seatcovers_2.jpg  

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-terrano_steering_covers.jpg  

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-terrano_armrest.jpg  

Old 6th July 2015, 12:55   #682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rDx07 View Post
I had a similar issue with my friends VW Vento TDI a few months back on my drive to Bangalore. The glow plug light came up and after a couple of kilometers, the car could not rev above 2K RPM.
So, I spent a whole day at Nissan workshop overlooking exactly what they were doing, that is just guessing the problem, test drove almost 100 kms in 5 times to ensure if the problem is gone.

They reprogrammed my ecu, and unblocked the air pipe that is connected to the air filter unit in the end, and now the beast is never out of breath even at 130-140kmph.

Hope, if any terrano owner faces the same problem, my reply would clear his and the mechanic's doubt, saving precious time as well.
Old 10th July 2015, 01:34   #683
BHPian

Quote:
Hi John,
Congrats for your purchase.
Did groove version has central locking with alarm?
Old 10th July 2015, 17:28   #684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by divyankar View Post
Hi John,
Congrats for your purchase.
Did groove version has central locking with alarm?
Yes Divyankar, it comes with central locking with the buttons on the key itself. but no alarm! infact this is the XL(O) the top end in the 85psi category with the special addons.
Old 10th July 2015, 18:42   #685
BHPian

Quote:
Yes Divyankar, it comes with central locking with the buttons on the key itself. but no alarm! infact this is the XL(O) the top end in the 85psi category with the special addons.
Ohh it does not have buzzer.. Remember in the advertisement Sushant presses the key and it beeps, may be its for advertising purpose only. My duster does also not have buzzer so I fitted autocop but the buzzer sound is shrill that's why i am looking for some decent (sound) buzzer.
Old 22nd July 2015, 18:15   #686

Dear Terrano owners,

I need to buy a center Arm rest for my Terrano. I will probably buy the universal arm rest available in Amazon. If there are other better places to buy please suggest.
Also can someone guide me as to where I can get that fixed?. I did check with Surya Nissan, my dealer, but he has not done anything like this before and did not sound confident enough.
Old 29th July 2015, 16:22   #687
BHPian

Dear ArunP_Terry You can get the universal armrest fixed by any mechanic with a drill, or even DIY. I am not a Terrano owner, but I fixed it in my Gypsy myself.
Only beware, the sellers at AMAZON send any colour they choose. The armrest, and its storage compartment are very useful, but the construction is cheap and rickety !
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Terrano : Official Review-04.11.2014a.jpg  

SnakemanJohny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2015, 14:01   #688
BHPian

a stroll in the woods in monsoon is refreshing,
especially on 4 wheels
P.s. Finally Marked (LIVE TO DRIVE)
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Terrano : Official Review-11224623_1026458370699178_3754800147497783481_n.jpg  

Old 4th August 2015, 10:09   #689
Distinguished - BHPian

Words fail me. The Nissan India website 'Offers' page has not been updated since May 2015! And they expect savvy Indians to buy their products. Someone should get shot for such lapses.

The specific link also been removed from their site for the last week or so but very much an active URL:
https://www.nissan.in/Offers.html

Last edited by itwasntme : 4th August 2015 at 10:10. Reason: Clarity
Old 20th October 2015, 13:23   #690
BHPian

Has anyone read about the review of Nissan in Deccan chronicle today. As a existing owner of a Terrano, its quite sad to read . I am very happy with my car and have no complaints . I really wonder where Nissan is headed the company seems to be concentrating only on Datsun and there has been no news about Nissan products, the Duster has been continously updated while Nissan is lagging behind.What is this about bad brakes has anyone else experienced bad braking I found the brakes pretty decent.
terra85 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed