Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2016, 22:21   #721
BHPian

Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

I got a call from my service center 2 days ago asking me to visit the service center for anti rust protection as a part of their recall program. Has anyone else received a call too.
Old 22nd April 2016, 12:38   #722
BHPian

Hey Guys,

Hope all of you are enjoying driving your Terrano. I've been meaning to write an ownership review for a long long time; however could never get a chance to really spend some time writing it. Maybe one day I'll have something to share.

Anyway, I thought of sharing what I already have. I got my Terrano 85PS XL-D on 26th Jan 2015. It's been more than a year and the car has been doing really really well. Super control, suspension, the ruggedness, and the looks have kept me happy. Though I really miss steering control (since I usually drive alone), but then it's OK.

I've been tracking the mileage I've been getting, and here are some actual trends. Thought it might help someone make a buying decision based on real figures.

Name:  Snap 20160422 at 12.33.40.png
Views: 8167
Size:  36.5 KB

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-snap-20160422-12.06.16.png

Overall Average Mileage: 15.09 Kmpl

Driving conditions include:
  • Mumbai & Thane
    Air conditioner - Always on (Can't remember if it was ever turned off)
    Daily office commute of 52 kms - back and forth; includes both city traffic and highway stretch
    3 long road trips - Once to Mahabaleshwar, once to Goa and once to Gujarat-all the way till Somnath
    Tire pressure - 32
    Normal Diesel - Never used Premium (not sure if it really has any advantage)

I'm not sure if this is the best it could offer and I'm sure other owners have received better numbers. The car has been serviced once (around 11000 kms) and the next one is due when I clock 20k.

Fortunately/Unfortunately the dealer from whom I purchased the car (Kamla Nissan) is out of business, and now I'll have go to Ritu Nissan (any feedback/thoughts of this dealer in Mumbai/Thane).

Well, that's all folks. I'll post some problems I've been facing to get some suggestions. I'd like to verify first if they were already discussed.

Happy Motoring..!
DharmeshGohil is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th April 2016, 17:11   #723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by terra85 View Post
I got a call from my service center 2 days ago asking me to visit the service center for anti rust protection as a part of their recall program. Has anyone else received a call too.
I have a 2015 Terrano, I haven't received any call.

Which service center at Bangalore called you?
Is it specific to some batch of vehicles or for all?
Old 27th April 2016, 19:56   #724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummer View Post
I have a 2015 Terrano, I haven't received any call.

Which service center at Bangalore called you?
Is it specific to some batch of vehicles or for all?
Mine is a july 2014 model i service the car at hosur as i stay outside most times and its more convenient i.e marvel nissan they told its some corrosion related issue for door sills.
Old 27th April 2016, 22:21   #725
BHPian

Quote:
Mine is a july 2014 model i service the car at hosur as i stay outside most times and its more convenient i.e marvel nissan they told its some corrosion related issue for door sills.
Thank you terra85.

I sent a mail to Shahwar Nissan asking about this anti rust protection, they replied saying my car doesn't fall under the campaign and hence they didn't call me!!

Nissan recall means, it should be applicable for all vehicles manufactured in a particular year or batch or something like that, but I didn't understand their reply, I will anyway speak to them tomorrow.

btw, I stay close to Bannerghatta road, going to Shahwar Service Station at Nandudurga road is a nightmare, I want to try Surya Nissan on Hosur road.

How is the feedback on Surya Nissan OR Marvel Nissan at Hosur?
Old 28th April 2016, 12:45   #726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummer View Post
Thank you terra85.

btw, I stay close to Bannerghatta road, going to Shahwar Service Station at Nandudurga road is a nightmare, I want to try Surya Nissan on Hosur road.

How is the feedback on Surya Nissan OR Marvel Nissan at Hosur?
I havent tried surya nissan but marvel is fine. They are slower than shahwar as its a smaller operation . if you want synthetic you have to get it ordered prior itself.
Old 29th April 2016, 07:59   #727
BHPian

Quote:
I havent tried surya nissan but marvel is fine. They are slower than shahwar as its a smaller operation . if you want synthetic you have to get it ordered prior itself.
Thanks. I will try one of these for my next service.

I spoke to Shahwar Nissan regarding anti rust protection campaign.

They are calling car owners based on the VIN numbers provided by Nissan and my VIN doesn't appear in the list it seems.
Old 3rd June 2016, 21:30   #728
BHPian

I had received a call from Shahwar Nisaan about the Free Check-Up Camp from 10th May to 17th May. I took an appointment for 14th May Saturday and went there.

There were too many vehicles that day but I could see the crew were trying their best to keep the customers happy. Nissan does things but never gets noticed or doesn't bother to get visibility.

I would say it was decently organized, with lots of games for kids like shooting balloons, dart board, archery, music, dance, tattoo, lucky dip etc. Free health check up was also arranged, eyes check up, ECG and blood donation. Even the lunch was arranged.

I got my original horn changed to SKODA type paid Rs.1250. I got Rs.500 coupon in lucky dip which I used on amazon.

Got the Terrano checked, washed, interior vacuum done and also exterior polishing done. They said oils topped up, I am not sure. Vehicle was glittering when came out.

Only concern was, it took almost full Saturday and they should have informed me about the event plan, kids zone so that I could have planned well. Nevertheless, it was a great effort by Nissan, big thanks

Here are some pictures:

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-img_3771.jpg

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-img_3659.jpg

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-img_3658.jpg

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-img_3660.jpg

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-img_3655.jpg

Interestingly modified Datsun Go - front view:
Nissan Terrano : Official Review-img_3657.jpg

Interestingly modified Datsun Go - side view:
Nissan Terrano : Official Review-img_3656.jpg

My new horns:
Nissan Terrano : Official Review-img_3663.jpg

Last edited by hummer : 3rd June 2016 at 21:58.
hummer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2016, 20:51   #729
Distinguished - BHPian

Nissan India will launch the Terrano EasyR AMT variant during the festive season ahead, most possibly in it's 110PS variant.

Quote:
As seen in the new Duster, the Terrano is also expected to get the AMT transmission upgrade on its 110bhp variant. This could also mean using the safer CMO10 engine compartment and T4 electrical and electronics architecture.

The new Terrano variant from Nissan is not expected to get fresh design upgrades for its exterior, however the interior might get minor upgrades in the form of revised upholstery. Speaking about features, the new Terrano might get touchscreen music system with navigation and automatic climate control. It is likely the automaker will introduce the new Terrano variant sometime during the festive season this year.
Carwale
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th August 2016, 21:49   #730
BANNED

Any news of AWD launch...?
Old 13th September 2016, 15:48   #731
BHPian

Four reasons to wait for the Nissan Kicks (Terrano replacement)

The Nissan Kicks just got launched in Mexico for 283,900 pesos (INR 10,04,566.86), after being revealed and launched in Brazil earlier this year (April-May 2016). Based on the Nissan V platform, it was first previewed by the Kicks concept shown at the Sao Paulo Motor Show in 2014. Manufactured in Mexico, and restricted to the Latin American market for now, the Kicks is headed to India next year. In case you're contemplating to pick up the Terrano soon, hold on to your horses and get acquainted to the Kicks first.

Kick-ass looks

While the Terrano is a Duster spin-off and looks like one, the Kicks's all-new, contemporary appearance is ready to kick some rival bottom. The Kicks has been designed in Japan at Nissan's Global Design Center, with inputs from the brand's design teams in San Diego and Rio de Janeiro. Up front, Nissan's signature, chunky V grille dominates the fascia, and is accompanied by a pair of crisply styled headlights that integrate seamlessly with the flared fenders. The compact SUV also sports a cool, floating roof and boomerang-shaped tail lamps at the back. Size wise, the Kicks slots in between the Juke and the Qashqai, while compared to the Terrano, the Kicks has a more compact footprint.

Terrano trumping interiors

Unlike the Terrano's cabin, which is merely a glorified version of the Duster's, the Kicks gets an all-new cabin. The dashboard looks more present-day than the Terrano's, with its full length trim insert, piano black finished surrounds for the outermost HVAC vents, a flat bottomed steering wheel and a 7-inch touchscreen for the infotainment system bang in the middle. Higher variants even get a fully digital instrument cluster with a large, seven-inch TFT display. The seats are upholstered in leather, while the second row seats can be had with a 60:40 split. The Kicks's 432 litre boot, however, is a tad less accommodating than the Terrano's, which is rated at 475 litres. All in all, compared to the Terrano, the Kicks's interiors will be a superior place to be in.

Equipment galore

The Latin American Kicks comes loaded with a host of features, but it remains to be seem how many of those trickle down to the India-spec Kicks. In Brazil and Mexico, the Kicks can be had in three grades: Sense, Advance and Exclusive. The Sense grade is equipped with features like 4-speaker sound system, front airbags, ABS with EBD (Electronic Brake Force Distribution) and BA (Brake Assist), while the Advance grade adds LED signature lamps, fog-lamps, automatic headlights and parking sensors. The Advance grade will spoil you with automatic climate control, leather seats, a more premium sound system, and the aforementioned seven-inch TFT display for the instrument cluster, along with the 7-inch touchscreen equipped infotainment system with navigation and NissanConnect. The Advance grade also get driving aids like Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC), Integrated Dynamic-control Module (IDM), Active Trace Control (ATC), Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB) and Around View Monitor (AVM).

More power

In Latin American markets, the Nissan Kicks is powered by a 1.6-liter petrol engine that produces 118 hp at 6,300 rpm and 149.14 Nm of torque. This naturally aspirated four-cylinder engine, also found in the Nissan Juke, can be had with a 5-speed manual transmission or Nissan's XTRONIC continuously variable transmission. There is no diesel engine on offer for the Kicks yet. It still remains to be seen if this petrol engine makes its way to the India bound Kicks or not. However, for India, the possibility of 1.5-litre 108.5 hp K9K diesel engine from the Terrano/Duster being shoehorned into the Kicks's engine bay seems high. When it arrives in India next year (2017), the Nissan Kicks will be considerably altered to suit Indian tastes. We even hear that the India-spec Kicks (codename: Nissan Nissan PB1D) could be underpinned by a different platform altogether - the Renault-Nissan Alliance's CMF-B.

Nissan Kicks Image Gallery

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-17701_701508a9_147368759095_640_2285.jpg

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-22157_eabc7c5a_147368758260_640_4023.jpg

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-24661_5df5531c_147368761157_640_3599.jpg

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-33136_ecf0d6db_147368760743_640_3598.jpg

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-35310_338483b0_14736876162_640_35910.jpg

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-42745_50a09b21_147368762059_640_35911.jpg

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-68527_427eaf3f_147368758657_640_4264.jpg

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-51305_9ecefac7_147368759936_640_3597.jpg

Last edited by ampere : 15th October 2016 at 17:59. Reason: fixing the quote tags. Please don't copy paste from a word editor.
gurthvader is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th September 2016, 12:20   #732
BHPian

Has anyone got the Nissan Genuine Accessory backup camera installed? The camera gets installed above the rear number plate and for display there is an electro chromatic mirror which replaces the IRVM.
Old 4th October 2016, 14:57   #733
Distinguished - BHPian

Terrano EasyR AMT teased on Nissan India's official Twitter page.

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-untitled.jpg

Nissan India will be launching the Terrano AMT by the end of this week or early next week, at an expected price of around Rs 12.5L-13L, ex-showroom Delhi. (Source)

Cars will reach dealerships nationwide by end of next week.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2016, 02:31   #734
BANNED

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 21st November 2016 at 12:48.
ridinthru' is offline   Received Infraction
Old 13th October 2016, 19:08   #735
BHPian

Nissan-launches-Terrano-AMT-at-Rs-13-75-lakhs

More details on Terrano AMT launch

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...w/54831743.cms

Last edited by ampere : 15th October 2016 at 18:00. Reason: Please add more details to the post
nitishk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks