Team-BHP - Nissan Terrano : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Nissan Terrano : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/142751-nissan-terrano-official-review-54.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SideView (Post 4635879)
Seeing a lot of terranos lately. Any hidden offers from nissan or stock clearance going on?

Hardly see any kicks though.

Ironically for Nissan, the Terrano outsold the Kicks last month! If I visited the showroom, I'd also pick the Terrano. It "looks" far more rugged and practical. Certainly must be carrying quite a lot of clearance offers. Seeing many new in Pune too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reinhard (Post 4636071)
Ironically for Nissan, the Terrano outsold the Kicks last month! If I visited the showroom, I'd also pick the Terrano. It "looks" far more rugged and practical. Certainly must be carrying quite a lot of clearance offers. Seeing many new in Pune too.

The Kicks triggered interest in many after a month and a half of announcing themselves as being the 'Official car of the World cup 2019'.

When they visited the showroom to check it out, the Terrano impressed them more as it is more rugged, better looking, seems more spacious and looks more of an SUV than the Kicks which looks more like a crossover!

And they ended up buying it!

Of course, I am assuming all of the above :D!

Yet another fantastic experience with Nissan Service! This time it was the monsoon check up camp at Surya Nissan.

Complete check up done at the camp. Got the wipers changed. There was an ugly scratch on the left rear door. Requested a touch up and it was obliged.

The Terrano continues to rock and blasts its way through Bangalore's white-topped roads, tarred roads, potholed roads, no roads, mud, craters etc!

Got the Terrano's tyres changed, opted tor Ceat Czar Sport. The only cosideration was price. This was the cheapest option available. Paid 6500/tyre. The added asthetic appeal which Goodyear AT brought is gone now.

Terrano is not doing serious milegae anymore. XUV is taking care of daily commute as well as long distance travel.

The wheel bearings were making lots of noise, borderline unbearable. Got those also replaced, car is now as silent as a diesel car can be.

My family and I went to test drive the Terrano a couple years back with the intention of booking it on that day. My parents and I really liked the Terrano and already accepted it as our next car. We also took a TD of the recently launched Ciaz that day and then headed to the nearest Nissan dealership(we live in Kerala). We talked to the sales agent about the car and also received a brochure. After having to wait 10-20 minutes, the dealership brought the TD vehicle from another dealership. When we saw the car for the first time, we were in love yet disappointed at the same time; the car looked gorgeous in red, however, the car was not well maintained as it was full of dust. We acknowledged that we will treat the car better and ignored how the paint had turned dull. Unfortunately the TD car's interior was also poorly maintained and we did not get the wow factor we had expected. The test drive went smoothly and all however it was probably the fear of what the car's interior could look like if not maintained really struck us. We decided not to book the car that day. My dad has a friend in the automobile industry and he shared with us how Nissan dealerships in Kerala overcharge services and repairs and he recommended we do not purchase the Terrano. My dad started thinking it was better to jump from the hatchback segment (we owned a Ritz) to a compact sedan segment (preferably Dzire) rather than to the compact SUV segment. We LIKE the Ciaz but we were sure that we would not LOVE it and thus we decided not to upgrade our car.

One day, my uncle and I went to drop my dad at the airport for his flight; on the way to the airport I noticed the recently launched Creta in a Hyundai dealership and immeditely told my dad to stop the car. We went in to check out the Creta and it was love at first sight. We had a serious discussion with the sales agent and promised him we will stay in touch. Once we continued our journey, we could not stop discussing about the Creta. 6 months later the Creta was parked at our house. To this day we do not regret choosing the Creta over the Terrano.

Dear Friends,

With a heavy heart, I had to let go of my Nissan Terrano on 29th Sep morning. It served flawlessly for ~4.5 years since day 1 till the last day. I had nothing to complain.

Good thing is it is handed over to a car lover. After a long drive to his home through NICE road & some bad stretches, he acknowledged ride quality, appreciated the maintenance of the car, for me that was the biggest price

I wish him happy and safe driving!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by hummer (Post 4667966)
Dear Friends,

With a heavy heart, I had to let go of my Nissan Terrano on 29th Sep morning. It served flawlessly for ~4.5 years since day 1 till the last day. I had nothing to complain.

Good thing is it is handed over to a car lover. After a long drive to his home through NICE road & some bad stretches, he acknowledged ride quality, appreciated the maintenance of the car, for me that was the biggest price

I wish him happy and safe driving!!

Hi have you zeroed down on your next vehicle as I am curious as to what can you replace it with. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by hummer (Post 4667966)
Dear Friends,

If the car gave you no troubles at all, 4.5 years is a very short duration to part company, isn't it? Unless of course its for logistical reasons like relocation / medical reasons keeping driving on hold etc. Otherwise the Terrano is one solid car & would give no reasons to replace!
Quote:

Originally Posted by terra85 (Post 4676145)
Hi have you zeroed down on your next vehicle as I am curious as to what can you replace it with. :)

+1 ! If buying a new car, Terrano wouldn't appear in most people's lists. But for someone who already has a Duster/Terrano (and the Safari Storme! :D) - not many other cars would actually feel desirable. The ride quality, bullet proof reliability & abuse friendly chassis in the Duster/Terrano are really trump cards! Owners would mostly let a Seltos/Creta/Hector overtake them on highway - and then smile to themselves happily! I'm sure of it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reinhard (Post 4676208)
+1 ! If buying a new car, Terrano wouldn't appear in most people's lists. But for someone who already has a Duster/Terrano (and the Safari Storme! :D) - not many other cars would actually feel desirable. The ride quality, bullet proof reliability & abuse friendly chassis in the Duster/Terrano are really trump cards! Owners would mostly let a Seltos/Creta/Hector overtake them on highway - and then smile to themselves happily! I'm sure of it.

ha ha ha! That is the Indian herd mentality. Somehow if something catches on with or without value, it continues all over!

The only negatives that I can think in the monster compact SUV from the 2013/14 models are-

Flimsy plastic quality on the control stalks and wipers
Lack of bottle holders in the rear and limited holders in the front
Lack of some gizmos

The interior plastic quality and missing features were fixed in the 2017 facelift including an AMT version.

Now if someone is so used to the OUTSTANDING ride quality, which vehicle will be the ideal replacement to match?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nalin1 (Post 4677510)

Now if someone is so used to the OUTSTANDING ride quality, which vehicle will be the ideal replacement to match?

Ride quality, trump card of the Terrano. After using it for 1.5 lacs kms, this year June I graduated to XUV5oo. There is not a single day of driving XUV which goes without missing the ride quality of Terrano.

Though I havn't let it go. It is still the part of the Garage, used by wifey as and when see feels like.

Recently got new tyres for it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by terra85 (Post 4676145)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reinhard (Post 4676208)
If the car gave you no troubles at all, 4.5 years is a very short duration to part company, isn't it? Unless of course its for logistical reasons like relocation / medical reasons keeping driving on hold etc. Otherwise the Terrano is one solid car & would give no reasons to replace!

+1 !

The only reason to sell Terrano was to buy a new Automatic car thru our lucrative company car lease policy. For daily commutation in Bangalore traffic I needed an automatic car badly. Unfortunately I had to postpone my new car buying due to personal reasons, otherwise finding a Terrano replacement would have been very tough !!

Here is my Terrano review:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ano-85-ps.html

Coincidentally, I received an offer for 2016 Duster RXZ AMT through a known contact, it was too sweet to miss !!!

Though Duster doesn't have the classier looks of Terrano, I didn't have to loose the familiar ride comfort, space, abuse friendly build, solid ASS from Renault, so I immediately closed the deal. It's almost like getting back my Terrano with an AUTO shift + few additional goodies.

It was well maintained, moreover I had some inclination towards Cayenne Orange color and that was the color of the Duster. I had to pay a bit more on top of my Terrano price, but it is worth it.

Additional features I got in 2016 Duster compared 2015 Terrano:

- AMT
- AVN - Navigation, Media, Reverse Cam etc
- Driver Armrest + Height Adjustment + Lumbar Support
- Cruise Control
- 110 BHP
- Steering mounted controls
- Automatic Climate Control

I want to change the alloys of Duster. I will write the ownership review in a while with pictures.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hummer (Post 4677935)
..Coincidentally, I received an offer for 2016 Duster RXZ AMT through a known contact, it was too sweet to miss !!!..

If you have no issues, may I ask the price at which you got Duster AMT RXZ.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hummer (Post 4677935)
The only reason to sell Terrano was to buy a new Automatic car thru our lucrative company car lease policy. For daily commutation in Bangalore traffic I needed an automatic car badly. Unfortunately I had to postpone my new car buying due to personal reasons, otherwise finding a Terrano replacement would have been very tough !!

Congratulations was thinking maybe the Kia Seltos was the only replacement in the same category. I am still planning to hang on depending on the fortunes of Nissan India[fingers crossed].:)

Hello,

There is a rumor that Volkswagen is going to launch T-ROC by the end of this year. It could be a potential replacement for Terrano: https://auto.ndtv.com/volkswagen-cars/t-roc

I want to exchange my 2016 Duster OEM Alloys (RXZ AMT - 3.5 years old, excellent condition) with Terrano OEM Alloys, pls message me if anyone is interested and I am ok to pay on top of exchange (with or without tires).

It was time for the "Happy with Nissan" camp in December again.

As usual, top class fabulous service from Shawar Nissan. Regular check up, topping up fluids and a thorough wash :thumbs up.

A little disappointed that there were no gifts this time stupid:.

Manufacturers that my family has had associations with in the last 13 years-

Hyundai
Mahindra
Skoda
Renault
Honda
Nissan

Nissan wins the service experience contest hands down!.