Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2021, 23:10   #826
BHPian

Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

My key buttons were going bad.

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-0326f6a1817f4246bf7d7a02271e4919.jpeg

Ordered the replacement case from Amazon. (For duster)

https://www.amazon.in/PERFECTSHOPPE-...nault%3ADuster

It comes with a Renault logo. So kept the back half of the my existing case and repalced only the top.

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-90b32191d7cc4c568ce789ae41550277.jpeg

I retained the original, this is one that comes. ( I was not happy with the nissan logo ones seen in amazon)
Nissan Terrano : Official Review-feba37c8eca74dcbacbbd44ad8803329.jpeg

Hope the post will be useful for those looking for easy fix.
SideView is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 10:29   #827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
My key buttons were going bad.

Ordered the replacement case from Amazon. (For duster)

https://www.amazon.in/PERFECTSHOPPE-...nault%3ADuster

It comes with a Renault logo. So kept the back half of the my existing case and repalced only the top.

I retained the original, this is one that comes. ( I was not happy with the nissan logo ones seen in amazon)

Hope the post will be useful for those looking for easy fix.
Same with mine, the old key rubber was torn very similar fashion to yours.

Bought the shell from Amazon (Few car accessories were asking around 600+ for those ) and removed the Renault logo side with my original Nissan logo one.

Since the plastic color was different due shell difference of old and new, I purchased this rubber cover and it is well worth it

Very premium feel and rubber quality and finish is also good. Apart from the dust magnet issue (the rubber is so grippy) I really recommend considering the damage to the actual key switches can be also reduced.

Amazon Link : https://www.amazon.in/StylishFlipKeys%C2%AE-Silicone-Cover-Nissan-Terrano/dp/B082ZWBQP3/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=terrano+key+cover&qid =1616388704&replacementKeywords=key+cover&sr=8-3&vehicle=Nissan%3ATerrano

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-img_20210322_102004.jpg

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-img_20210322_101954.jpg
starke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 23:48   #828
BHPian

Guys, going down the rabbit hole of youtube.
I noticed people talking about gear shift indicator via debugging low pickup issue, out of curiosity I checked if Terrano has it.

https://autoportal.com/img/new-cars-...o_Brochure.pdf

Voila it does. But I never noticed this.( not that i check my dash console always)

Any fellow Nissan XV premium owners noticed this?
Old 8th April 2021, 12:56   #829
Distinguished - BHPian

hi there fellow TBHP-ian ...

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-img_20210408_125327.jpg

btw, do cut the excess cable tag from the wheel caps
Old 3rd May 2021, 10:43   #830
BHPian

Did anyone try to install rear fog lamps? This seems like proper housing with options as Russian Terrano gets the same I guess.

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-nissanterrano18.jpg
Old 3rd May 2021, 13:06   #831
BHPian

Hi Fellow owners.
I need some help in upgrading my Terrano's lights. I had this planned for a while, but now one of my foglamps went dead.

I want to upgrade my foglamps with high intensity white light alternatives. This way I keep my original low/high beam yellow lights for foggy/rainy long distance touring and an addon white bright light for everyday use.
Since I'll get these updated aftermarket, I'm looking for something robust and reliable and not requiring many modification on fitting and electrical connection. I'm not an expert and do not know any reliable shops in Rudrapur region.

Any and all suggestions are welcome. Thanks.
aastiksaluja is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2021, 13:13   #832
BHPian

A small query for fellow Terrano owners. "1st Gear"

On my Terrano, when running in 1st gear in bumper to bumper traffic for a little while, after the road is clear to shift into second gear I have to use some extra muscles and then only it comes down from its first gear slot to the 2nd gear slot. All other gear changes from 2nd to 3rd to 4th to 5th are smooth.

Any ideas if this is a known problem on Terrano or anyone else has had this problem?

Thanks for your inputs
Old 23rd June 2021, 15:28   #833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haroon View Post
A small query for fellow Terrano owners. "1st Gear"

On my Terrano, when running in 1st gear in bumper to bumper traffic for a little while, after the road is clear to shift into second gear I have to use some extra muscles and then only it comes down from its first gear slot to the 2nd gear slot. All other gear changes from 2nd to 3rd to 4th to 5th are smooth.

Any ideas if this is a known problem on Terrano or anyone else has had this problem?

Thanks for your inputs

I'm having the exact problem in my Terrano, but it is not all the time, once in a month this comes out of nowhere. I gets panicked when it doesn't shift to 2nd. Still yet to find the reason/solution though
Old 26th June 2021, 00:41   #834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by starke View Post
I'm having the exact problem in my Terrano, but it is not all the time, once in a month this comes out of nowhere. I gets panicked when it doesn't shift to 2nd. Still yet to find the reason/solution though
For me also it started exactly like that. Now it has increased and happens everytime I drive for about 10-15 seconds or more in 1st gear.

My Nissan dealer in Bangalore is a stealer and so I was wanting to show it to a good private mechanic after getting some feedback here from people that may have had and repaired their Terrano, if any.
Old 26th June 2021, 12:13   #835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haroon View Post
For me also it started exactly like that. Now it has increased and happens everytime I drive for about 10-15 seconds or more in 1st gear.

My Nissan dealer in Bangalore is a stealer and so I was wanting to show it to a good private mechanic after getting some feedback here from people that may have had and repaired their Terrano, if any.

Since mine is in the initial stage, I can't go to any mechanic or svc since it may or may not reproduce the problem. For a safer side, it would be great if you could update here your progress with mechanic/svc so i can be prepared too. Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 15:41   #836
BHPian

Completed my 80k Service at Nissan svc.
Total bill came to 9k which included

Oil change
Air filter
Diesel filter
Cabin filter
Fluid topups
Radio antenna replaced (It went loose)

Brakes were too soft and spongy where svc recommended to change rear cylinders and front both rotors which I denied and got it adjusted at local FNG for 300 INR.

Did a 1000 Km trip after that and no issues so far.
Old 15th September 2021, 20:14   #837

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread - this is my first posting on Team BHP (thank you all for all the knowledge over the years), and I came here looking for existing opinions on the Terrano.

Combination of having become a parent + COVID cabin fever making me want to get out of the city more often, means I am looking at my first ever car purchase in my own right (though with my budget, it will be a used car).

I wanted something spacious that could handle some bad roads here and there, and preferably an automatic for city use.

I have come across a listing for a 2018 Terrano AMT with about 60,000 km in its backlog.

Just wondering if anyone on here has some ownership feedback on the Terrano AMT, and also whether the price is right (~9 lacs). I would be taking a loan to help pay for this, so don't have too much room for error with this purchase.

Also I am about 6'2" and test drove some of the Compact SUVs (Venue, Sonnet, Brezza, Ecosport) and found them all to be quite uncomfortable and tight - I am hoping the Terrano is better on this front.

My attraction to this car is based on the following:
- Cheaper than Cretas / Brezzas which are in any case 2-4 years older
- Automatic Dusters out there in this price range are all 2016 or older
- Better looking than the Duster
- More boot space than many other competitors
- (Seemingly) Slightly more spacious than other competitors

In advance - thanks for your time!
Old 16th September 2021, 00:01   #838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chittylights View Post
Also I am about 6'2" and test drove some of the Compact SUVs (Venue, Sonnet, Brezza, Ecosport) and found them all to be quite uncomfortable and tight - I am hoping the Terrano is better on this front.
Sorry to be the harbinger of bad news, but your height will be a problem.
I am 6' and my head almost touches the roof.
In fact I had to remove my sun visor (driver side) because it lined up perfectly with my eye line and impaired my view.

If you are planning for a Terrano, I suggest you do a test drive before you do anything else.
Old 16th September 2021, 12:02   #839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chittylights View Post
Sorry if this is in the wrong thread - this is my first posting on Team BHP (thank you all for all the knowledge over the years), and I came here looking for existing opinions on the Terrano.

I have come across a listing for a 2018 Terrano AMT with about 60,000 km in its backlog.

Just wondering if anyone on here has some ownership feedback on the Terrano AMT, and also whether the price is right (~9 lacs). I would be taking a loan to help pay for this, so don't have too much room for error with this purchase.

The Terrano AMT hardly took off and the car itself went out of production a few months later!. Will be tough to find too many ownership reviews anywhere on the web for the AMT.

The car on the whole is amazing and extremely reliable, no reason to believe the AMT will be anything different (assuming of course it is maintained well).

I am 6 feet and I have had ZERO issues with either the head room or leg room and a couple of my 6 footer (and a bit) cousins have also driven the Terrano for very long stretches with no complaints. The seat is always at its highest position. The seat is always pushed back almost fully and even a 6 feet 2 inch passenger behind has never complained either.

So IMO, the Terrano has a lot more space than you will imagine .

So you have to occupy the driver seat and make the decision.

Last edited by Nalin1 : 16th September 2021 at 12:11. Reason: Added a few more points.
Old 27th September 2021, 23:12   #840

Hi All - thanks so much for your responses - trying to get hold of the Terrano AMT for a test drive and I'll take it from there!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks