Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2021, 09:28   #841
BHPian

Re: Queries in 'Ask the gurus' section

Dear Gurus,

Some of the bulbs on the stop lamp (brake light) on the roof spoiler have gone bust. Heard that only the defective bulbs can be replaced.

Has anyone ever heard of it or any idea who would such a job?

Or to just replace the light itself, hoping any of the accessories shops should do it, I think. Please share if anyone of you is aware of an accessory store who might have stock of this brake light.
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Terrano : Official Review-20211025_090957.jpg  

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-20211023_095042.jpg  

Old 9th November 2021, 18:51   #842

Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by chittylights View Post
Hi All - thanks so much for your responses - trying to get hold of the Terrano AMT for a test drive and I'll take it from there!
Couldn't get the Terrano for a test, but got the 2016 Duster AMT - the drive was very nice, however at a reasonably comfortable seating position I had the steering wheel pressing against my knees. Had to take the seat all the way back (the legroom behind was then unusable) and even then had to sit with my legs splayed outwards quite a bit. Headroom was ok - I had a few inches to spare, though it was constantly on my mind (probably because of the comments on here ).

Either way, sadly a "no" - the search goes on (unless the newer iterations of the Duster have got the seat/steering adjustments much better).
Old 26th December 2021, 11:04   #843
BHPian

Folks,

I'm looking to purchase a used Terrano for my Dad. The vehicle will mostly be running in hometown (coastal KA). The nearest big city is Mangalore but I'm not quite sure of Nissan SVC presence there. Doesn't show up on the website atleast.

I am yet to test drive any of these. Will be checking out a couple of vehicles this week.

1. I'm finding a number of ads on the classifieds for ~2015 models for 4.5-5 L. Is this a good price for purchase?

2. What are things to look out for during inspection. All cars are diesels (both 85 PS and 110 PS with anywhere between 60k - 90k on the Odo?

3. Average service costs? Also, will Renault showrooms entertain servicing of a Terrano? The closest Renault SVC is at Udupi which saves me having to go to Mangalore.

4. FNG recommendations for Terrano along the coastal belt?

Thanks in Advance.
Old 8th February 2022, 00:11   #844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
Hi guys,

Can any let me know which is the AC relay in the pic? I was trying to figure out from the terrano owners manual. Where nothing is mentioned about the fuse/relays on engine bay.

Attaching pic:

Attachment 2132091

Attachment 2132092

Appreciate any inputs.
Again facing strange AC issue would need help identifying the relay.
Old 27th April 2022, 16:52   #845

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
Just got the 50,000 kms service done on the Terrano at Surya Nissan, Marathhalli.

As usual, brilliant work done. All tasks explained thoroughly. Their attention to detail is exemplary. They were even checking if the ICE was playing every radio channel properly!

I am not able to understand from where people had bad experiences with Nissan service. It has been three years now and Nissan's service has been way better than Trident/Advaith Hyundai when I had the Verna for 10 years!
I can only imagine that, probably only happens in Bangalore or other states except Delhi.
I have 2014 Terrano XL Plus 85 and unfortunately my experience hasn't been any where near to comfortable/happy with service from Nissan service centre at Okhla. Its like dealing with goons.

I am due for my service and thinking if I should try the service centre in Gurgaon or just go with local mechanic.

Any suggestions from nearby Terrano/Duster proud owners would be welcomed.
Old 27th April 2022, 17:17   #846
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albatros_Ankit View Post
I am due for my service and thinking if I should try the service centre in Gurgaon or just go with local mechanic.
Some time back, I had exactly the same question. As per the collective wisdom of TBHP, friendly neighbourhood garage is definitely recommended.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...-workshop.html (Nissan: Authorised service center or independent workshop?)
Old 1st May 2022, 11:15   #847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albatros_Ankit View Post

Any suggestions from nearby Terrano/Duster proud owners would be welcomed.
I had my first service outside a Dealership in nine years recently at Sportech Greater Noida. It shows on Gomechanic Lux as well. The owner, Harsh, a young enthusiast, is a thorough professional and gentleman, and most importantly, honest about the work.
My Terrano 110 had regular service, the windshield was replaced, and a humming noise was diagnosed as a front wheel bearing noise. They replaced it, TD’d, and themselves declared the noise is still there. They bought another piece and replaced it. It was a mistake from the supplier's end, and bearings are expensive (17k for a Pair for OEM and 6.5K for the dealer supplied). Ironically, the second too couldn't reduce the noise, which came down to the diagnosis of tyre noise. They didn't charge for either pair!
I'm not sure if it's a regular thing, but I never witnessed such behaviour from dealership service at Nissan, Mahindra, Maruti or TATA.
aastiksaluja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2022, 12:34   #848

Quote:
Originally Posted by aastiksaluja View Post
I had my first service outside a Dealership in nine years recently at Sportech Greater Noida. It shows on Gomechanic Lux as well. The owner, Harsh, a young enthusiast, is a thorough professional and gentleman, and most importantly, honest about the work.
My Terrano 110 had regular service, the windshield was replaced, and a humming noise was diagnosed as a front wheel bearing noise. They replaced it, TD’d, and themselves declared the noise is still there. They bought another piece and replaced it. It was a mistake from the supplier's end, and bearings are expensive (17k for a Pair for OEM and 6.5K for the dealer supplied). Ironically, the second too couldn't reduce the noise, which came down to the diagnosis of tyre noise. They didn't charge for either pair!
I'm not sure if it's a regular thing, but I never witnessed such behaviour from dealership service at Nissan, Mahindra, Maruti or TATA.
Woah, that's an interesting one. Very unusual for a service guy/owner to say, hey the new part isn't functioning as expected so will remove it for free of charge.
Impressive I must admit.
Also, I've recently moved to Gurgaon, thus looking for some local independent workshop suggestions around this side.
Old 19th May 2022, 14:36   #849
sbm
BHPian

Hi guys! I have been hunting for a new/used car for a while now and felt like finalising a car many times but later backed off due to various reasons. Recently I spotted a 2018 85Ps XL plus Terrano on a used car platform. It's a second owner car with 46000km on the odo. I took a TD and felt that the car is in good shape. Engine was smooth, clutch was light and there were no noises from the suspension. Overall the car felt well maintained even though it's with a second owner now. I have a few doubts for which I need your help.

1. Spare parts- Although there is no Nissan service centre is my city, there is a Renault service centre. Do Renault guys provide service/spare for the car? Even if they don't provide service, do they sell parts on the counter? I can find good mechanics in the city but main concern is parts availability.
  2. There is no service history available. The first owner sold the car in 2019 after an year of purchase and the second one has been getting it done outside since then. He says that he gets all the service related parts from Renault ASS. Any other ways to get an idea of actual kms the car had run?
  3. Asking price is ₹685000. Do you guys think it's too much? I considered a similar 2017 Duster priced at ₹7 lac a while ago. I offered 5.5 but the owner was not ready so I had to let it go. Considering that this one is second owner car, what should be my offer? The car is in good condition prima fascia. Also, is there any chance of getting any resale value at all when I sell this car after 5yrs?
  4. Owner has mistakenly damaged the paint on both side front fenders and some part of bonnet by using some shining liquid the pics of which I have attached. What cost should I offset for this paint job and is it even easy to find this paint?

I want to disclose that I am simultaneously looking into both used and new cars. Right now no new car is fitting my requirements and that's why trying to find something in the used space which I can drive for the next 5yrs. I am considering this car for its diesel engine and superb suspension. Do you guys thinks it's a good idea to invest in a discontinued car?

Last edited by ampere : 14th November 2023 at 09:09.
sbm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 16:55   #850

Nissan Terrano : An Underestimated Beast

First of all, a disclaimer…I am not a 4 wheeler expert like so many others we find, especially on the “Tube” these days. This is just my version of the love I share with things with wheels that I have tried to express here.
Also this post might be a little delayed (pun intended ) since the terrano is now discontinued but still wanted to share my 2 cents worth.

I have always been a vehicle aficionado (anything with Wheels!!) but I have never been a speed freak… nah! Driving (or riding) for me is just being in the moment … not competing with anyone… not racing, but to be in a trance like moment where you can only hear your thoughts, the sweet rumble of your engine and the wind gushing by…ROADS are irrelevant.

I wanted to start earning as soon as I completed my education, solely so that I could get hands on my own vehicle and kickoff the journey. In fact I purchased my first bike 6 months into my 1st job and my first car, 2 years into my first job (Imagine the savings I did to accomplish this - no vada pao for 2 years)

It’s been almost 20 years now that I started working, and my first car believe it or not was a second-hand Ford Ikon 1.3 Petrol that gave a lousy mileage of 6kmpl!!!!!
I know the reactions I am getting now when you read this cause that’s the same response I got when I told people about it. But I guess that purchase only showed my motor philosophy. I don’t want to own a very reliable car or a car with outstanding mileage or a “Value for Money” car or for that matter follow the crowd, but a car that had some personality, which stood out on its own!!

Since then, I purchased a more sensible (just an excuse) but an ever-exciting option nonetheless, the Maruti Suzuki Swift 1.2 Petrol Zxi (writeup to follow soon).
Which brings me finally to my current love and the hero of the topic, the Nissan Terrano 1.6 Petrol, my “Hermit”. You beauty (whistling)!!!

This was always my eventual goal to buy a SUV or a compact one for that matter, but not something that could necessarily climb rocks (read.. Jeep)!!! But something more suited to my demure stature (you see I am 5’6”)
In 2017 when I finally decided to take this plunge, I had a very small pool of vehicles to choose from. My list of suspects included (and not in the exact pecking order per say)
• Honda BR-V
• Renault Duster\ Nissan Terrano Petrol
• Skoda Fabia
• Isuzu D Max V Cross
Looks like the cast of the Brady bunch eh!

Although this list doesn’t conform to a single vehicle type (although they certainly fall in the SUV category in some way or the other), they all had something in common…Character! (The Thar never made it to the list cause it was more a impractical 2 seater back then and I would have been kicked outta the house!)

I ruled out the Fabia eventually as it was almost getting phased out at that time and Skoda as we knew was a bit difficult when it came to maintenance and spares. The Honda BR-V (people may call it a soccer mom’s car for all I care) had a reliable engine and the looks and stance of that car still held good for my liking. But it was the 3rd row that led me to drop this car although to was a close second in the race to purchase. The Isuzu was… well a pipe dream that I just had to have and although it did not fit my budget, it was a hoot and a half to drive!! The leaf spring suspension, the basic plad cabin and the pickup styling... no wonder it was being sold as a lifestyle vehicle. But the high cost, the impractical mileage returns (yeah yeah... I still do consider mileage though I denied it previously... guilty as charged) and most importantly the behemoth size… Parking would be hell in Mumbai, eventually led it to it becoming a dream for the future.

And that brings us to the “car” of the hour, the Terrano. I test drove the Terrano as I knew the duster and it shared the same underpinnings (I still don’t get this complicated relationship that auto motive manufacturers seem to get in sharing a platform as can also be seen with the Baleno). And I just wanted to have the experience of owning a Nissan (too many Fast and furious movies I guess, read Nissan 370Z)

Look wise, I would give both the Terrano (and the Duster a 9/10). The Terrano felt a bit more “Butch” as compared to the duster back then. The whole body looks so balanced, right from the massive but subtle rear end, to the sloping but gradual side profile with the roof rails, the massively wide bonnet and the linear front not forgetting the slightly bulged out wheel arches for an offroader look…Ah! It’s just purrrfect!!!

The entry and exit angles of this car (marketed as a road-based SUV) could give many a so-called off-roaders a run for their money and so would the ridiculous ground clearance (205mm), which was primarily one of the reasons I brought it to avoid scraping Mumbai’s notorious underbelly scrapers (the Speed bumps).
And although this isn’t a 4x4, this two-wheel drive has suspensions which are unbelievable and are an absolute hoot with them handling Indian roads as though we are driving off the German autobahn! It’s Strut and Torsion setup of the front and rear suspensions, puts many other higher priced SUV’s to shame with its performance. And perfectly complimented by the in today’s world rudimentary, Disc and Drum front and rear brake setup.
The interior is so simple and clean and the absence of most electronic wizardry (something that I must mention nowadays has robbed most of us from the pure pleasure of driving) besides your standard ABS, EBD (Electronic brakeforce distribution for the uninitiated like me), Power steering, 16” tubeless rims and Power Windows, make it the perfect man-machine combination with no out of world intervention between that bond(ELECTRONICS!!).

The boot is another notable mention with 475l of usable space…WHAAT!!

However, there are a couple of things which just lead to me falling short of calling this vehicle a “PERFECT” drive.
One, the absence of driver side safety airbags (it is a big miss for such a huge vehicle, one that may probably compel me to upgrade) and the second (probably more important being a petrol head!) is the subdued power output of a 102bhp from a 1.6L Naturally Aspirated engine ☹ I may try and address this however in the near future, read tuning!

The torque is amazing on this can and although it’s a behemoth at 1.7 tons, it’s 145NM worth of torque can still pull you out of tricky situations when needed...speaking from experience!
However, DO NOT BUY this car if you are looking forward to a very relaxed, automated, robotic driving experience where you put it into drive mode and you get from A to B!
Buy it only if you want to feel connected to your machine and i control over every aspect of it’s behavior, be it changing gears and holding the clutch and brake while you go over a slope (no hill assist!) or just pushing the pedal to the floor to cruise at 130 odd KMPH on the long highways while manually adjusting the AC to set the mood! It’s the sheer simplicity of this beast that causes it to be so endearing!
It is a driver’s car for sure if my 5+ years of owning this beast has taught me anything.

Maintenance wise (read service and spares), its nothing out of the ordinary and does not cost a huge bomb. I have had only one service bill of 12K+ rupees till date and that too because rats chomped away to glory at my engine ignition wires. It also helps that duster and Terrano share the same spares, so if it’s not available with Nissan, you may get it at Renault.

This models now off production with the Nissan Kick (followed by the Nissan magnate) replacing it. However, I don’t think they can ever replace the true driving experience this car provided ever… period!
I love this car to bits and I know I wouldn’t trade it for the world!! (Not even for a Fortuner)
Till next time!!

- TheMotoWanderer

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-terrano_6th.jpg

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-terrano_5th.jpg

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-terrano_4th.jpg

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-terrano_3rd.jpg

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-terrano_2nd.jpg

Last edited by benbsb29 : 9th November 2022 at 06:24. Reason: Non forum characters deleted + corrected formatting. Please avoid using excessive dots in your post.
deb_sen is offline   (8) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 19th December 2022, 00:27   #851

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
I so want to share with all you that how wonderfully my 2014 Nissan Terrano XE is performing, have already covered 1,38,000 Kms with it. Still drives like a charm, feels like it will last me for eternity but I won't share all this as I don't want to jinx it.

Touchwood.

PS: I ditched Nissan A.S.S in favour of FNG and it works wonder, super cheap and no headaches.
Great to hear this. I have bought a used Nissan Terrano 85ps '15 made. It has done 85k kms. The car is clean and had proper Nissan ASS service history and thus I went for it. I thought this was a pretty reliable car. But while going through the threads I am quite worried if my Terrano would cause me any troubles.

Kindly share me some tips for long life of the car since I am planning to drive it for atleast 50 to 70k kms.

My observations of the car - The clutch felt a little hard (drivable though). Brakes were very weak. Other than that the car drove very well.

TIA.
Old 23rd December 2022, 18:10   #852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
My key buttons were going bad.

Hope the post will be useful for those looking for easy fix.
My button on the replacement key started going bad again, maybe it is sweat or heat.

Got myself a silcon key cover. Let me see how this holds up.

Keycare® silicone key cover for... https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07TMY8YN4?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Issue:

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-e53b3fb31be74aa79fd45a248221043b.jpeg

Pics after putting it on:
Nissan Terrano : Official Review-9b8ff84a5dcd40528cf79fc778620714.jpeg
Nissan Terrano : Official Review-ded7fb290a91409d90f3438fd3b4dd19.jpeg
Nissan Terrano : Official Review-df988fbe5b0f48d1837ce7e04f005cbe.jpeg

For those facing hollowed out button, would recommend buying the hardshell and then add the cover on top to prevent button degradation.
Old 25th December 2022, 09:53   #853

Bought a Pre worshipped car - Nissan Terrano XLD

Greetings fellow bhp-ians!

After months of mental toil, I have found my love in a Pre-worshipped Nissan Terrano XLD. The car is '15 made and has clocked 83k kms.

My journey to the Terrano:

I have always been a very confused person while choosing my car. My shortlist has always been a mix of cars from different categories since the car didn't have any purpose to solve. The only criteria I had was to buy a driver's car with a good GC and also with a decent FE (hence it had to be a diesel). So my primary search was to buy a fiat (punto/linea) since they handle great (my previous car was a petrol figo and I loved the way it handled and drove - except for the not-so-powerful engine).

My quest to find a well maintained fiat took close to a year and Still I wasn't happy with any of the cars I TDed. They were either abused, or poorly maintained or just not available for sale

So I slowly started TDs of the other cars in my list -
1. S Cross 1.3D
2. Duster 1.5dci
3. Figo 1.5tdci

I liked all the above cars for one reason or the other but they just didn't make it to my home for obvious reasons - the Scross was way out of my budget, the figo 1.5tdci was amazing to drive but the issues reported by 1.5tdci owners scared me off the figo.

The duster made it to my list as it was good to drive and also had a good GC and the k9k diesel had a good reputation. Though I liked the duster, the Injector issues and the EGR issues that are said to peep in after 80 to 90k kms left me worried and made me stay away from the duster.

I came across a Nissan Terrano that was up for sale. I had never driven a Terrano untill then. But I was pretty sure it was just another duster with a Nissan badge. I spoke to a couple of mechanics and somehow they all were more likely to recommend a Terrano over a duster any day. When I asked why, they told the Terrano has seen lesser issues when compared to the duster. I didn't do further research and went straight away to TD the Terrano.

May be because of the intro I was given, I seemed to like the terrano more than the duster (slightly better aesthetics). I loved how good of a mechanical package the terrano/duster were - I like it plain and simple - less drama (though many hate this, I seemed to like it).

The car had a proper service history and after an inspection I booked the car. Despite of having a proper service history, the car had it's own niggles - creaking noise here and there, hard clutch etc. Otherwise, the car was amazing to drive (it is the 85ps variant). The hydraulic steering amused me but it takes some time to adjust to (coming from an EPS). But I feel the steering feel is not consistent throughout the travel - in the middle it feels vague but on turns it feels like it handles well. I will leave this doubt of mine to be answered by experts.

reasons I chose the Terrano:

1. The Looks - Definitely Masculine
2. The k9k engine - even though I have never owned one, the reputation it has gained gives me hope.
3. I heard it throws decent FE numbers (would love to hear your's)
4. The drivable nature - almost no lag
5. Spacious
6. Humongous boot space (I love it even though I don't have a need for it yet)

I welcome advice and suggestions on how to ensure a happy relationship with a Terrano, tips on maintenance, good and bad to expect from the car etc.

I am planning to drive it until the odo reaches 1.5L at least. Wish me luck and make me wise. Thanks in advance.
barath_rudraksh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th January 2023, 20:40   #854
BHPian

Both terrano and duster shared the sames k9k engines. Stay away from the 110ps k9k 6 gear model of both duster and terrano due to costly injector trouble. Both cars are bullet proof otherwise, although service cost is on higher side in authorised service centres. The 85hp engine has better city drivablity and better fuel economy.

Last edited by AntPaul : 4th January 2023 at 20:47. Reason: Adding more information
Old 20th January 2023, 16:18   #855

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb_sen View Post
Nissan Terrano : An Underestimated Beast

First of all, a disclaimer…I am not a 4 wheeler expert like so many others we find, especially on the “Tube” these days. This is just my version of the love I share with things with wheels that I have tried to express here.
Also this post might be a little delayed (pun intended ) since the terrano is now discontinued but still wanted to share my 2 cents worth.
All through this thread, I felt like reading something that I wrote myself. When you said "but to be in a trance like moment where you can only hear your thoughts", all I could think of was how perfect you conveyed a feeling that I have been trying to express all my life. Great write up. Thanks

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 20th January 2023 at 16:25.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks