Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2013, 23:20   #106
BHPian

Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

Pricing is a major detractor for Terrano though the Design has improved tremendously over its sibling Duster.

Ecosport at current price and feature list looks more a Value for Money option.
Old 13th October 2013, 13:56   #107
BHPian

Went to check out the Terrano in flesh yesterday at RC Nissan, Delhi, but somehow I wasn't too impressed with the car. I visited Renault showroom just before visiting Nissan, and realized that the changes aren't that impressive, which make me pay a premium for it over the Duster.

Also, another important thing that both me and me dad noticed, is that the door handles on the Terrano are quite flimsy, and not as good as on the duster, even though they look similar. This was confirmed today when the Duster was brought to our place for a test drive and I specifically checked the door handles.
Old 13th October 2013, 15:10   #108
BHPian

Some how I feel that the price difference between equal models (say Duster RXL and Terrano XL RS 75000) is compensated by additional equipments (Driver Airbag, ABD + Brake Assist + EBD, Seat Belt Reminder and slightly better looks and better interiors).

The difference between Nissan 85ps XLplus (10.65) and RXL Optionpack (10.98) of Duster is only Reverse Parking Sensors + Media NAV plus in Duster.

So a careful choice may really bring down the difference I hope.
Old 14th October 2013, 09:54   #109
Senior - BHPian

Finally got to visit the local Nissan dealership yesterday. And this is what was in store!

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-img_20131013_063618.jpg
Nissan Terrano : Official Review-img_20131013_063338.jpg
Nissan Terrano : Official Review-img_20131013_063430.jpg
Nissan Terrano : Official Review-img_20131013_063530.jpg

On display was a "Special edition" Terrano with the "Sport" kit. The Sport Kit has add-ons/accessories/stickers as visible in the pictures + leather interiors. Price of the kit is marked at 49,000/-

Even though the dealership has a TD vehicle available, they're not allowing a TD quoting that it can only be availed after the "Official launch" on the 17th of this month!

I was given the option of booking it now with a delivery some time in December. There is already a 2-month waiting period as officially declared by Nissan.
9thsphinx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2013, 14:13   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
Finally got to visit the local Nissan dealership yesterday. And this is what was in store!

Attachment 1152471
Attachment 1152472
Attachment 1152473
Attachment 1152474

On display was a "Special edition" Terrano with the "Sport" kit. The Sport Kit has add-ons/accessories/stickers as visible in the pictures + leather interiors. Price of the kit is marked at 49,000/-

Even though the dealership has a TD vehicle available, they're not allowing a TD quoting that it can only be availed after the "Official launch" on the 17th of this month!

I was given the option of booking it now with a delivery some time in December. There is already a 2-month waiting period as officially declared by Nissan.
Hmm. I kind off feel the body art conflicts with the styling of the vehicle. 49K??
Old 14th October 2013, 14:54   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Autocar India says that Nissan is offering a third row seat as an option. While it isn’t a full-sized seat, it should suffice for children.
Hi @rajeev k

The 6th seat as they call is also available in Duster, & I believe, it costs under Rs7.5K, thus there are no surprises here, & is as bad re comfort (thigh support) as in the Duster. Just to add on you have to purchases the seat fastening bolts, etc separately.

However, in Duster as in Terrano, this seat is side-facing (prone to motion sickness & neck/ back problems), & not secured by any seat belt. Moreover, one cannot get it endorsed in RC, because it would entail separate approval (after testing by the RTO IMO). Further, there would be problems in claiming Insurance, if God forbid there is an accident. Hence, this is more of a problem rather than an utility of any sort.

I would suggest not to waste money for this.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2013, 16:16   #112
BHPian

Excellent Review. Great Job!!!

This was a good chance for Nissan to come up with a ergonomically superior product, along with the looks and safety features. Guess, Renault must have had a say in not allowing such changes!!!

But anyway, atleast it looks more formidable compared to the Duster.

Hope this works wonders for the partnership.

Last edited by aah78 : 14th October 2013 at 19:40. Reason: Please limit smileys to 2/post. Thanks!
Old 14th October 2013, 16:59   #113
Senior - BHPian

A lot of people ask why the Terrano's rear leg room wasn't increased (as Nissan should be aware of feedback about the Duster).

This is not as simple as it looks like. If Nissan were to push the rear seat a bit more backward, the seat width would have reduced due to the intruding wheel arch. This would have made it a comfortable two seater and a cramped three seater (at the rear). Solving this would require (expensive) extending of the wheel base.

Last edited by jinojohnt : 14th October 2013 at 17:03.
Old 14th October 2013, 21:45   #114
BHPian

Thanks for this brilliant and detailed review Aditya.

The Terrano comprehensively scores over the Duster in terms of looks and styling. However i am not able to bring myself around to its price. When you are paying that kind of money you do expect things like steering mounted controls. It is evident that Nissan has worked on the feedback the Duster got for its interiors and styling. Wish they had done a little more!
Old 15th October 2013, 17:10   #115
BHPian

Just today I received a Welcome Nissan family kit. It consists of key chain, key holder, t shirt, Schaeffer Pen

Nice touch. If anybody is interested can post the pics too.
WheelWake is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2013, 17:18   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelWake View Post
Just today I received a Welcome Nissan family kit. It consists of key chain, key holder, t shirt, Schaeffer Pen
Interesting, pretty nice touch indeed. Nissan is all out to woo its customers
Congrats for pre-booking Terrano. Is the kit customized with customer name or is it general merchandise?

Last edited by HillMan : 15th October 2013 at 17:19.
Old 15th October 2013, 17:50   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelWake View Post

Nice touch. If anybody is interested can post the pics too.
Hadn't you booked the XUV500 and had posted that it was in transit? When is the Terrano expected?

Two competing SUVs in your stable - should make for one nice head to head comparison
Old 16th October 2013, 10:52   #118
P76
BHPian

Hi 9thsphinx, are those "Accessories" provided by Nissan or the Dealer? Those front and rear crashguards and the side steps spoil the Terrano's good looks. The side steps may be useful for Suv/Muvs' like the Scorpio, Innova, Safari, but what purpose does it serve in the car-like Duster/Terrano?. They will only hinder easy ingress/egress of passengers.

Last edited by P76 : 16th October 2013 at 10:54.
Old 16th October 2013, 11:01   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by P76 View Post
Hi 9thsphinx, are those "Accessories" provided by Nissan or the Dealer? Those front and rear crashguards and the side steps spoil the Terrano's good looks.
It is a dealers edition. Spot kit as he has put it. Nissan has not come with sport edition.

I agree the crash guard look way off. Duster type crash guard won't suit the Terrano : )

Last edited by HillMan : 16th October 2013 at 11:04.
Old 16th October 2013, 11:02   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post

Attachment 1152471
Attachment 1152472
Attachment 1152473
Attachment 1152474

Hideous!! Its already a smart vehicle and there is no need of these accessories. Besides, the one that have been fit make it look cheap!

And Rs.49k for all that? The side-step & bull-bar (front-rear) put together is no more than 11k if you bargain. The leather seats (am sure they are leatherite) for another 6.5k. Maybe they have thrown in a few bits like stickers etc for another 2.5k. My guess is it all cost them around 25k max and like all dealers (recent case being Ford dealerships), these guys are robbing the customers by quoting twice that.

And the nerve of it, they call it the "Sports Edition". LMAO!

P.S. - I'd seen a similar job on the SAIL Hatch at a GM dealer. Lots of wood finish, roof rails etc and it looked equally ridiculous.

Last edited by Nilesh5417 : 16th October 2013 at 11:03.

Most Viewed