Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2013, 11:09   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
It is a dealers edition. Spot kit as he has put it. Nissan has not come with sport edition.

I agree the crash guard look way off. Duster type crash guard won't suit the Terrano : )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Hideous!! Its already a smart vehicle and there is no need of these accessories. Besides, the one that have been fit make it look cheap!

And Rs.49k for all that? The side-step & bull-bar (front-rear) put together is no more than 11k if you bargain. The leather seats (am sure they are leatherite) for another 6.5k. Maybe they have thrown in a few bits like stickers etc for another 2.5k. My guess is it all cost them around 25k max and like all dealers (recent case being Ford dealerships), these guys are robbing the customers by quoting twice that.

And the nerve of it, they call it the "Sports Edition". LMAO!

P.S. - I'd seen a similar job on the SAIL Hatch at a GM dealer. Lots of wood finish, roof rails etc and it looked equally ridiculous.
Yes it's the Sports KIT and not a Sports EDITION. It is a dealer specific option. Yes, it looks hideous in person. The build quality of the Sport kit is cheap and not worth the 49k they're asking for it - the dealership has managed to make the good looking Terrano silly by loading it with these unrequired bling add-ons. Fortunately, the Terrano is available without the Sport Kit.
Old 16th October 2013, 13:59   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Hadn't you booked the XUV500 and had posted that it was in transit? When is the Terrano expected?

Two competing SUVs in your stable - should make for one nice head to head comparison
I apologize for having unintentionally misled fellow bhpians here. I did originally booked Terrano, but upon taking a look at interior space, non conformation on delivery dates, I had cancelled. This was 2 weeks back and am still waiting for the refund cheque. However, surprisingly I got a call from Nissan customer care on my purchase of the vehicle which I refuted and now this kit.
But what I wanted suggest was the nice touch Nissan has added by sending the kits even before the delivery. Although I am a mistaken recipient.

To add further my parents were visiting and are considering their next buy...who knows my dad may go for this compact SUV just because he was slightly impressed with kit.
WheelWake is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2013, 14:15   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelWake View Post
To add further my parents were visiting and are considering their next buy...who knows my dad may go for this compact SUV just because he was slightly impressed with kit.
Then you must attach a few pics of the kit. This is an official Terrano thread, so by all means it should have pictures of things Nissan is doing with Terrano
Old 16th October 2013, 14:21   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
Some how I feel that the price difference between equal models (say Duster RXL and Terrano XL RS 75000) is compensated by additional equipments (Driver Airbag, ABD + Brake Assist + EBD, Seat Belt Reminder and slightly better looks and better interiors).

The difference between Nissan 85ps XLplus (10.65) and RXL Optionpack (10.98) of Duster is only Reverse Parking Sensors + Media NAV plus in Duster.

So a careful choice may really bring down the difference I hope.
11,13,500 is what I have in my price list for 85XL+ in Bangalore.
XL-D(85 PS) variant is around 35K less OTR - with no passenger airbag + no alloys.

Confused on whether to pay the extra and go for the +

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelWake View Post
Just today I received a Welcome Nissan family kit. It consists of key chain, key holder, t shirt, Schaeffer Pen

Nice touch. If anybody is interested can post the pics too.
Got mine a couple of weeks back. Didn't make me feel a whole lot special(price-list was shocker) , but got my family excited though. Then I guess it has worked for them.

Last edited by aah78 : 18th October 2013 at 18:24. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 16th October 2013, 17:15   #125
BHPian

Just wondering if anyone has done a comparison of the top end models of duster and terrano (110 bhp) and check what the differences are apart from Rs. 28000 price tag.

I could notice few:
1. Sat nav is missing in the terrano.
2. Steering mounted controls missing in the terrano.
3. Leather upholstery provided in the terrano.

Also does anyone has a price list of the accessories for the terrano?
Old 16th October 2013, 23:34   #126
BHPian

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-image3238008976.jpg

Saw this Range Rover Sport picture on Twitter. notice the alloy wheel design! Quite similar to something I can't seem to remember! :P
Old 17th October 2013, 17:13   #127
BHPian

Does it make sense to book the Terrano now and get the delivery in December or get the delivery in January so that we get a 2014 make?
Old 17th October 2013, 20:12   #128
Senior - BHPian

Terrano Deliveries begin. Scene from a Nissan Dealership in KL:

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-1271138_686928811318570_1369023383_o.jpg

Source: Nissan FB
Old 17th October 2013, 21:47   #129
P76
BHPian

Went to Avenue Nissan Dealership at Ambattur Indl. Estate, this was my 5'th visit to the showroom, twice when the vehicle was still not in the showroom, and went there twice again to check out the vehicle after the launch. Today, finally to book the car, Met the sales executive whom I had interacted before, enquired about test drive, to which he said the test drive vehicle was yet to arrive. Requested for a brouchure, to which he showed the placard placed in front of the vehicle in the showroom.

Anyways since I was decided on going in for the Terrano, I filled out a cheque for Rs.25000/- and he was filling out the order booking form. Opted to book the XV Diesel 110 PS variant with ex-showroom price of Rs.12,14,862. The Insurance amount quoted by the dealer was Rs.35474. Though it seemed pretty reasonable, I wanted to get the Insurance cover myself, as I usually do for my other vehicles, and the person doing it is a close friend of mine. The Sales Executive said that Nissan insists that the dealer provide the Insurance for the Terrano, and that I cannot take a cover myself. I tried to justify my stand that I was not going to drive away the car without Insurance, and also pointed out that my agent does deal with all the insurance companies that the dealer has affiliation with. He then went to the Manager's cabin, and then returned, only to say 'no'. His manager also repeated the same nonsense that Nissan insists that Insurance cover be provided by the dealer for the Terrano, and added that only customers of 'low-value' cars like Micra could take Insurance cover themselves.

I was tired of this, and said I would not like to go ahead with the booking in that case, for which the sales executive promptly returned my cheque, without showing any remorse.

I simply took back my cheque and walked out of the showroom. Did the fellow Bhpians who have booked the Terrano enquired about the Insurance cover at their respective dealers?. I am quite sure Nissan would have no say in this. The dealer instead of being content with the margin out of the sale of the car, is greedy to extract more out of the customer. Even if the difference amount may be as little as Rs.1000, I think we have the right to choose the Insurance for the car purchased out of our money.
Maybe Avenue Nissan is overwhelmed by the great response for the Terrano. (Though the showroom was deserted on all my visits). Still remember the swarm of customers in showrooms when the Duster and Ecosport were launched. Shot out a mail to Nissan, lets see their take on this!

Last edited by Rehaan : 17th October 2013 at 23:38. Reason: Adding line breaks between paragraphs for readability.
P76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2013, 22:19   #130
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abh1nav View Post
Attachment 1153659

Saw this Range Rover Sport picture on Twitter. notice the alloy wheel design! Quite similar to something I can't seem to remember! :P
Alloys are similar to Ford Ecosport .
Old 18th October 2013, 02:35   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balechaparka View Post
Alloys are similar to Ford Ecosport .
Sense the sarcasm sir. This was posted on the Terrano Thread !!
Old 18th October 2013, 13:24   #132
BHPian

Terrano Welcome Kit

Contents: Brochure, Tshirt, Pen, Keychain, Card holder & "My Next Car Is Terrano" sticker

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-terrano_kit.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by P76 View Post
Shot out a mail to Nissan, lets see their take on this!
Where did you address your concern? Let us know how it goes. We have the right to choose our own insurance. Surprised they were Ok to see a booking taken back cause of this!

Last edited by Rehaan : 18th October 2013 at 15:46. Reason: Merging consecutive posts
anil_neo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2013, 14:51   #133
BHPian

Accessories List from Shawar Nissan Bangalore. Apologize for the bad quality Xerox, but that's what they give their customers
Attached Files
File Type: pdf AccessList.pdf (1.13 MB, 823 views)
Old 18th October 2013, 15:40   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by P76 View Post
Went to Avenue Nissan Dealership at Ambattur Indl. Estate, , I wanted to get the Insurance cover myself, as I usually do for my other vehicles, and the person doing it is a close friend of mine. The Sales Executive said that Nissan insists that the dealer provide the Insurance for the Terrano, and that I cannot take a cover myself. I tried to justify my stand that I was not going to drive away the car without Insurance, and also pointed out that my agent does deal with all the insurance companies that the dealer has affiliation with. He then went to the Manager's cabin, and then returned, only to say 'no'. His manager also repeated the same nonsense that Nissan insists that Insurance cover be provided by the dealer for the Terrano, and added that only customers of 'low-value' cars like Micra could take Insurance cover themselves.
Still remember the swarm of customers in showrooms when the Duster and Ecosport were launched. Shot out a mail to Nissan, lets see their take on this!
Dear fellow BHPian , I happen to have a very close friend in the company and I shared your post with him , I am sure this will be taken up by them soon. Nissan is trying hard to work in an ethical manner and do business with good customer satisfaction, hoping that they succeed.
Old 18th October 2013, 15:43   #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by P76
I was tired of this, and said I would not like to go ahead with the booking in that case, for which the sales executive promptly returned my cheque, without showing any remorse.

I simply took back my cheque and walked out of the showroom.

Good decision taking the cheque back. If this is the dealers attitude at the time of booking a vehicle, I can imagine what the service experience will be.....

I do hope Nissan steps in and curbs the arrogance of some of these dealerships. They better do that quickly before the Novelty of the Terrano wears of and the customer is king again. Will be interesting to see the dealerships and Nissan's response to an impending XUV W4 launch in the marketplace. Though the segment/target customer etc. may be different the pricing (if the reviews are to be believed) may be compelling for a lot of prospective Terrano buyers.

On the subject of Insurance, when I bought my XUV early this year I had a quote of around 49k from the dealer and I got an online quote for about 35k from Royal Sundaram for the same coverage. Thankfully, the dealer promptly matched that and I was smiling ear to ear. So its not a 1000 rupee game as you will imagine. The stakes are high

Last edited by Rehaan : 18th October 2013 at 15:45. Reason: Please use the QUOTE button to reply. See the FAQs for more info.

Most Viewed