Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2013, 20:43   #241
BHPian

Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
I told this to Ampere who tried it on his 2012 85 PS Duster but it did not work. The Duster manual also has no mention of this.
Good to see the feature in Terrano. The switch in Duster is not the bell type (spring action). Its like the On Off. Press one side to Lock and the other to unlock.

Hope to see it as an add-on accessory for Duster in future.
Old 29th November 2013, 21:34   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anil_neo View Post
Accessories added - Projectors for the doors (Nissan), Mirror blinkers, Exhaust extension, Extra horn.
Hi Anil,
Congrats!!

How is the Mirror blinkers added to existing mirror. Could you please share that info, photographs if any.
How was the wiring done? Specifically, how did they hook them up to the turn indicators?

Last edited by sumeshmani : 29th November 2013 at 21:52.
Old 1st December 2013, 18:50   #243
Senior - BHPian

Saw a base version Terrano yesterday. It had all black interiors. Even the seats were black. Never knew the Terrano came with black interiors. Looked great inside.
Old 3rd December 2013, 15:26   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Good news for Terrano owners. One of my VP's has just taken delivery of 110PS XL version Nissan Terrano.
Just to confirm, this is available on the 85PS Terrano as well. One of the first features I configured from the manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
Hi Anil,
Congrats!!

How is the Mirror blinkers added to existing mirror. Could you please share that info, photographs if any.
How was the wiring done? Specifically, how did they hook them up to the turn indicators?
The mirror blinkers were added by the dealer and it was listed under the Nissan accessories list (not Non-Nissan). Cost me Rs.4500 for a set. Will post pics soon.

Just got a fresh scratch on the driver door (right below the mirror). Happened while it was parked outside the house and no one was around. It is too deep for the rubbing compound to fix. The metal is bit dented as well (looks like some one used a key or something).
Old 4th December 2013, 09:43   #245
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw a white Terrano today with aftermarket black/dark alloys (with spacers), A/T tyres plus auxiliary lights.

Looked premium, very butch and miles better than the current Duster's looks in my opinion.

Incidentally, got a breathless call from Renault yesterday saying that Duster prices are likely to go up by 30k from 2014. Tactics to clear current pre-facelift stock plus fear-mongering I assume.
Old 4th December 2013, 10:54   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Incidentally, got a breathless call from Renault yesterday saying that Duster prices are likely to go up by 30k from 2014. Tactics to clear current pre-facelift stock plus fear-mongering I assume.
Is there any confirmed news of the facelifted duster being launched in India anytime soon.

If Renault does get the facelifted version to India in 2014, it will hurt Terrano sales for sure.
Old 4th December 2013, 11:12   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyPope View Post
Is there any confirmed news of the facelifted duster being launched in India anytime soon.
There is no confirmation on when the launch will be in India. But someplace I read it is around 2015.

So the guess will be it is late 2014 or early 2015, and following year you may see a face lifted Terrano
HillMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 12:30   #248
Distinguished - BHPian

Actually common sense says that it should come sooner rather than later. After all, RHD Dusters are exported in huge numbers from Chennai.

While I admit there are big differences in mechanicals (DPF, 4x4, ESP type safety features) between the Indian and UK-bound ones, Renault may simply take the step of finishing off old component stocks and building the face-lifted ones for us Indians too.

Will also turn the spotlight back on Duster rather than the Terrano :-)
Old 4th December 2013, 13:01   #249
BHPian

Terrano has bridged the gap for novelty factor with a fresh face. It needs time to settle in. The volumes have steadily increased. Terrano already made it to top 20 sellers in November. At this time there is no competition for these vehicles in its class.

2015 will see some new comers. I am sure Renault will wait for it rather than giving out a new launch and make it stale when the competition hits.

Last edited by HillMan : 4th December 2013 at 13:04.
Old 4th December 2013, 13:54   #250
BHPian

Frankly speaking, there is nothing much in the facelift other than new lights and grill, even the bumpers are the same. what needs to be seen is whether Renault will change the dashboard If they do then Terrano will be on the backfoot.
Old 4th December 2013, 22:49   #251
Senior - BHPian

Saw a reddish maroon terrano upclose today. Its a really good looking car ! I own a duster and i would trade in one for the much better exterior styling anyday. I expect the Terrano to sell in large numbers for at least 2-3 years.
Old 5th December 2013, 14:01   #252
BHPian

This is one of the side mirror (with indicator lights) I fitted as an accessory. You can also see the scratch made right below. Have been parking the car in the porch since then

I also got some projector lights for the front doors. Haven't seen them a lot around here, so fitted them instead of led scuff plates.
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Terrano : Official Review-20131204_113058.jpg  

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-20131204_113124.jpg  

anil_neo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 17:49   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anil_neo View Post
I also got some projector lights for the front doors. Haven't seen them a lot around here, so fitted them instead of led scuff plates.
The projector lights on the door look cool. Is it an official Nissan Accesory or aftermarket?

Wonder if there is a similar one available for Ecosport.
Old 5th December 2013, 18:07   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyPope View Post
Wonder if there is a similar one available for Ecosport.
The ghost lamps are available for most manufacturers.

I am sure, it should be available with auto accessories shop near you. Otherwise, here is a link from eBay.

Last edited by HillMan : 5th December 2013 at 18:11.
HillMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 20:02   #255
BHPian

I am totally confused about the color. Is there any valid reasoning to not go for Black?

I am getting the XL Petrol for 10.95 On Road with the standard accessories and 4th year warranty (Family Dealer).

Art Leather Seats, 3M Coating, Leather Steering Wheel and Rear Camera w/ Sensor is what I am going for.

All accessories are 50% off.

Help me decide a color in the next 2 days, I have to book it since no one really wants Petrol, they wont be able to sell it off so I have to be precise.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks