Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2013, 21:09   #301
BHPian

Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anil_neo View Post
Terrano Welcome Kit

Are we still getting this welcome kit from Nissan on booking a Terrano? Dhruvmalik - Any comments?

Note from Support - Please avoid quoting an entire post as it inconveniences our mobile and small screen users. Thanks!

Last edited by n_aditya : 19th December 2013 at 08:21.
Old 17th December 2013, 06:30   #302
BHPian

My Dealer is close to 80 km's away so I havent even gone there yet, just spoke over the phone and booked it.

Test drove it at the dealerships around here and got all the insight from them.

I am taking delivery in Jan, so Ill see if I get it.

Will also call them up and ask them where is my Welcome Kit.
Old 18th December 2013, 15:51   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix_Nemo View Post
Thanks Hillman. Got quotes from TATA AIG (28 k) and ICICI (40k) for zero dep for same IDV. I am unable to understand this huge difference in two quotes, although ICICI guy is claiming that this would be the most hassle-free insurance with multiple claims every year. What makes me wonder is that whether this difference of 12k is worth it, I mean how many times do we claim our insurance more than 1-2 times a year.
It is important to understand the insurance riders, not just the IDV. I have taken TATA AIG bumber to bumper for around 32k. Shahwar was quoting 48K for the same (no idea how this works for them)

Arrived at the 1k mark yesterday. Nissan is offering a free checkup at 1-month or 1k. Visited the Shahwar service center on Nandhi durga road last weekend and they performed some sanity checks. Didn't have time for a wash, so the entire activity was completed in 15min. I have some travel coming up this Saturday and needed a quick check anyways.
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Terrano : Official Review-speedo.jpg  

anil_neo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2013, 17:19   #304
BHPian

Guys got the VIN number today from the dealer, would need help in decoding MDHHSNAW5DC004074. when i tried decoding this, it comes to Mar 2013 which sounds weird to me. Need Help
Old 18th December 2013, 18:23   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Guys got the VIN number today from the dealer, would need help in decoding MDHHSNAW5DC004074. when i tried decoding this, it comes to Mar 2013 which sounds weird to me. Need Help
Just got a shock...

Nissan is raising their prices effective Jan 2014 (http://www.nissan.in/en-IN/News/Niss...uary_2014.aspx)

You have to make the full payment by Dec 30th for the old price quoted to be applicable.

Just got off the phone with the Bank, Dealership and all. Going to make that full payment in a few days and take delivery in Jan 1st. Vehicle is already here.
dhruvmalik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2013, 18:51   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvmalik View Post
Just got a shock...

Nissan is raising their prices effective Jan 2014 (http://www.nissan.in/en-IN/News/Niss...uary_2014.aspx)

You have to make the full payment by Dec 30th for the old price quoted to be applicable.

Just got off the phone with the Bank, Dealership and all. Going to make that full payment in a few days and take delivery in Jan 1st. Vehicle is already here.
This is exactly the reason why I am taking the delivery of the vehicle in Dec , although i wanted to do it next year but i just don't want to pay an extra 25-50K for no extra benefits.
Old 18th December 2013, 19:48   #307
BHPian

Quote:
I was looking around and couldn't find a code for Month on the Nissan VIN.
It only got me the year. No month.

http://myvindecoder.com/nissan-vin-decoder/
Nissan Terrano : Official Review-nissanvindecoder.jpg
http://vindecoder.eu/check-vin/MDHHSNAW5DC004074
Nissan Terrano : Official Review-vindecoder_eu.jpg
Old 18th December 2013, 19:55   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
I was looking around and couldn't find a code for Month on the Nissan VIN.
It only got me the year. No month.

http://myvindecoder.com/nissan-vin-decoder/
Attachment 1180123
http://vindecoder.eu/check-vin/MDHHSNAW5DC004074
Attachment 1180124
Thanks Hillman. I got the same thing, when i tried matching it with other manufacturers, it turned out to be march for the 11th alphabet.

To avoid all the confusion, i have asked for Form 22 from the dealer and am going for the PDI on Friday morning. They wanted me to do it tomorrow evening, but i guess waiting a day and doing it during daylight is more sensible. Your thoughts?
Old 18th December 2013, 20:34   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Your thoughts?
March is not a possibility. I don't believe any Terrano would have waited that long. Here, 11th Alphabet is mentioned as India. Based on info from two different sites. May be they don't encode month of manufacture anymore.

More info on VIN:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle...ication_number

PDI, always do it in day light. For that matter even vehicle delivery after service. I'd prefer before the Sun goes down.

Last edited by HillMan : 18th December 2013 at 20:46.
Old 19th December 2013, 07:51   #310
BHPian

So after speaking with the Dealer, The Bank, and the Family we are going to take delivery Jan 1st, but will go do all the paperwork on the 28th and pay the call off in full.

Will carry that TeamBHP Checklist with me.
Old 19th December 2013, 11:26   #311
BHPian

Finally, I was able to decode the VIN. In one of the threads regarding VIN decoding on Tbhp, i found out that 11th alphabet actually means December, I am glad that its built this month only. For the next step, I am a little unclear and would need advice. When do we make the full and final payments? Is it after the PDI is done or after they are done with the registration of the vehicle. My car loan is finalized and that would be disbursed to the dealer directly by the bank once I make the payments that are remaining from my end.
Old 19th December 2013, 13:59   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Finally, I was able to decode the VIN. In one of the threads regarding VIN decoding on Tbhp, i found out that 11th alphabet actually means December, I am glad that its built this month only. For the next step, I am a little unclear and would need advice. When do we make the full and final payments? Is it after the PDI is done or after they are done with the registration of the vehicle. My car loan is finalized and that would be disbursed to the dealer directly by the bank once I make the payments that are remaining from my end.
I just came back from my Bank and after getting all the details from the dealership, here are some points I could share.

1) The payment will be done by the bank either by giving you a Demand Draft which you pay to the Dealership or the Bank will transfer the funds to the dealership's acc.

2) The payment has to be done either BEFORE or After you do the Pre Delivery Inspection (Make sure its Before Dec 30th so the new rates dont apply)

3) The registration will be done by the RTO Rep from the dealership ONCE the payment is made.

My car was also built in December as I saw the dealer invoice.
dhruvmalik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2013, 21:18   #313
Distinguished - BHPian

The Nissan Terrano on display at the Kempe Gowda International airport, Bangalore, clicked today early in the morning.

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-dscn1163.jpg

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-dscn1164.jpg

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-dscn1165.jpg

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-dscn1166.jpg

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-dscn1167.jpg

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-dscn1168.jpg

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-dscn1169.jpg

No indicators located in the SVM's. This one is evidently the top variant.

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-dscn1170.jpg

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-dscn1171.jpg

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-dscn1172.jpg

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-dscn1173.jpg

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-dscn1174.jpg

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-dscn1175.jpg

It shares so many spares with its cousin, the Renault DUSTER.
As a child I would see Dodge and Fargo trucks (both were were made by M/s Premier Automobiles Ltd, Kurla, Bombay) that appeared alike and were also almost the same and would wonder as to why Fargo (the less known of the two) was copying a design and marketing it using its own credits ? As Dodge was a known brand, the blame would be apportioned by Master Anjan on the less known Fargo, as the copycat....

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 19th December 2013 at 21:20.
anjan_c2007 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2013, 21:50   #314
P76
BHPian

You kindled my childhood memories too anjan!. There used to be three vehicles badge engineered actually. Dodge, Fargo & Desoto. Except for the badging, all vehicles were the same. I remember having a great time with my brother as to who guessed the right name- Dodge, Fargo or Desoto first when it approaches on the opposite side of the road.
Premier Automobiles had the distinction of assembling another set of badge engineered twins - Plymouth Savoy and the Dodge Kingsway in the mid 1950's.
P76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2013, 22:30   #315
BHPian

Need an input from Terrano 110ps owners. Most would have TDed the Duster as well.

So, does it have the turbo lag similar to Duster 110ps ? Do you see any noticeable difference?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks