Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2014, 12:53   #601

Hey guys, took my Terrano to Ladakh. The car performed decently at high altitudes. it did struggle a bit on certain sections but not much. Crossed almost all high altitude passes -- Khardung La, Chang La, Tanglang La etc -- and some really bad stretches.
kirren07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2014, 18:52   #602
BHPian

Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirren07 View Post
Hey guys, took my Terrano to Ladakh. The car performed decently at high altitudes. it did struggle a bit on certain sections but not much. Crossed almost all high altitude passes -- Khardung La, Chang La, Tanglang La etc -- and some really bad stretches.
Congrats kirren07 I own a Terrano and plan to do Ladakh trip next year from Bangalore.

1) What model of Terrano you have? 110 or 85 PS?
2) From where did you start?
3) Did you face any vehicle issue? Are there any authorized service centres around?
Old 8th October 2014, 19:33   #603

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acelerar View Post
Congrats kirren07 I own a Terrano and plan to do Ladakh trip next year from Bangalore.

1) What model of Terrano you have? 110 or 85 PS?
2) From where did you start?
3) Did you face any vehicle issue? Are there any authorized service centres around?
1) I have a 85PS
2) I started from Chennai on September 2
3) No vehicle issues, not even a flat tyre.
If you are going via Srinagar, the last authorised service centre is in Jammu, and if you are taking the Manali route, there's a service centre in Mandi, about 90km before Manali.
In Leh, there is no authorised Nissan service centre, but for minor jobs like break pad cleaning, air filter cleaning and water wash i went to Maruti service centre, and people there were very helpful.
kirren07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2014, 14:02   #604
Team-BHP Support

The Nissan Terrano has completed one year in India. To mark this occasion, the company has launched a limited edition of the compact SUV. Dubbed Anniversary Edition, the car features some cosmetic changes and addition equipment.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th October 2014, 15:32   #605
BHPian

Is it a vinyl wrapping or a paint job?
Eventhough the steps comes as standard, they had mentioned the GC the same as before.
It will definitely have less GC than the stock models.
::CMS:: is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2014, 13:37   #606
BHPian

I test drove a Nissan Terrano (just for fun) on thursday, but it looks like I am seriously hooked. Ever since then I have been spending time on team-bhp & on other sites trying to get an answer for the multi million question....Which is better ? The Terrano or the Duster.

Well going now to test drive the Duster and, to add to the confusion my wife prefers the looks of the Duster, while daughter & me prefer the Terrano.
rxpaul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2014, 18:51   #607
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anil_neo View Post
Got the seats done at Imperial Leather. Used Nappa leather and have to say, the workmanship looks professional. You be the judge.
The workmanship is good, but the material used is not Leather.
Old 11th October 2014, 20:50   #608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
The workmanship is good, but the material used is not Leather.
"Nappa leather" is faux leather. For 13k it is good value for money. Real leather is going to take the budget to 40k+
Old 11th October 2014, 23:55   #609
MAS
Senior - BHPian

All Terrano Owners, how hard or soft is the clutch? Is it better than the Duster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anil_neo View Post
"Nappa leather" is faux leather. For 13k it is good value for money. Real leather is going to take the budget to 40k+
OT: Nappa Leather is usually a soft type of genuine leather used for making soft articles such as Upholstery, garments, bags or shoes (for women). It is not a generic term for artificial leather replicas.
Old 13th October 2014, 21:14   #610

Has anybody tried fitting in DRL for their Terrano? Have been looking out for one - but not sure if I will be able to find the right one in Bangalore.
Old 29th October 2014, 09:44   #611
BHPian

In the Team BHP thread for Duster, I saw that Clutch replacement is being done under warranty free of cost for Duster which makes it lighter. ("they replace the clutch pedal assembly which has additional spring to counter the clutch heaviness to make it feel lighter")

Even though I do not feel that the clutch of Terrano as very heavy it is not light either. Is there any such clutch replacement (under warranty FREE OF COST which is supposed to make it lighter) available for Terrano 110 PS?
Old 5th December 2014, 18:29   #612
BHPian

Greetings, Owners of Nissan Terrano,

This is my first post to this forum. I've been using team-BHP for a long time to seek advice from tenured & experienced members.

After a 6 month's search, I have somehow zeroed on Nissan Terrano 85PS XL Plus version. I haven't booked it yet and would probably do it in the next couple of weeks.

After going through 41 pages of the AMAZING official review and a couple of other owners' reviews, I feel this vehicle best suits my requirements - Looks and performance. Features-wise though it's not the best, but I think I could live without them or fit something later.

Well, a question still haunts me - Is this car really worth it or should I wait more for something better?

Need your honest opinion - folks!

Thanks for your help.
-DG
Old 5th December 2014, 19:14   #613
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DharmeshGohil View Post
Well, a question still haunts me - Is this car really worth it or should I wait more for something better?
Next year the Hyundai iX25 comes into play. Of course I think it wont have the space of Terrano. Do you have that much time to wait ?
Old 5th December 2014, 19:38   #614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Next year the Hyundai iX25 comes into play. Of course I think it wont have the space of Terrano. Do you have that much time to wait ?
Hi Ampere,
It looks like there is still another year to wait and I don't think I should wait this much. God knows, I'll probably in the same dilemma next year

You never know this model could also be beyond my budget.

Thanks
Old 5th December 2014, 21:43   #615
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DharmeshGohil View Post
You never know this model could also be beyond my budget.
For sure it has to be in the same budget. Because the IX25 targets the premium X-over segment and it may not go beyond the Terrano, which you are targeting. With rumours heating up for IX25 stating an early 2015 release it definitely makes sense to wait for a couple of months on this. Anyway you would be buying it early next year only. the only point as I made earlier is that the iX25 may not have the same amount space the Terrano has to offer. You will have to check on that.

Last edited by ampere : 5th December 2014 at 21:45.

Most Viewed