Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2014, 13:29   #616
BHPian

Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

Took a test drive of Terrano 110 at Goa dealership. The SA explained all the features of the vehicle. To me, the interior and features feels a generation behind. The feel of the switches and dashboard plastics is not suitable for a vehicle costing close to 14 lacs. The biggest joke, I feel, is the way driver seat height is adjusted. The test drive itself was just about 3 kms. I felt the clutch really hard.I requested the SA for a longer test drive and that too on a rough road. But she simply refused saying as per management policy. She even asked me to drive the vehicle on the far left of the road to feel the rough road. I simply walked away disappointed.

Currently I am using Civic and Santro and looking for a compact SUV. I liked Yeti a lot. It fulfills all my requirements. But only problem is price.

Feeling confused.
Jayant..B is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2014, 09:29   #617
BHPian

Hey Guys,

So the SA called me to offer his final price for the Terrano 85PS XL Plus. Offered Rs. 12,66,308.00 which includes about 39k for LBT (due to the place where I Live) but does not include insurance. I told him if I get the insurance from my bank, they give me a 0.25% discount on the loan interest.

The price also includes, all handling charges, Extended warranty, Anit-rust & Paint protection.

And he did throw in some freebies - mat, mud flaps & Body cover.

Net-Net---The price came down by almost 60k in 2 weeks. I'm sure he trying to clear his stock or meet his end of the year sales targets. I told him the registration should happen in Jan'15.

Tempted to book it, but still thinking. None of the owners have responded yet to my previous post.

Old 7th December 2014, 20:20   #618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DharmeshGohil View Post
Tempted to book it, but still thinking. None of the owners have responded yet to my previous post.

According to CarDekho ix25 might have a starting price of 8L
http://www.cardekho.com/carmodels/Hyundai/Hyundai_ix25

I agree with @Ampere on waiting for early next year and not take a hasty decision. The Car prices may not see any upward movement soon. It is only getting more competitive which is good for Indian consumers
Old 8th December 2014, 18:42   #619
BHPian

I have noticed that the paint on my Terrano near the bonnet is a little rough it is noticed only by running my hands want to know if others also have had any problems, i dont know what to do i dont want a repaint can anyone offer a solution as to how to deal. I had called nissan who told to bring the vehicle for inspection.
terra85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2014, 19:41   #620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by terra85 View Post
i dont know what to do i dont want a repaint can anyone offer a solution as to how to deal.
Get an exterior polishing and paint sealant done. 3M Care or dedicated paint job guys might do a better job compared to the Nissan service who are very busy on the floor and may not be able to give the love the car needs.

Last edited by HillMan : 8th December 2014 at 19:42.
Old 9th December 2014, 08:54   #621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
Get an exterior polishing and paint sealant done. 3M Care or dedicated paint job guys might do a better job compared to the Nissan service who are very busy on the floor and may not be able to give the love the car needs.
Thanks Hillman, i have got it done 3M guys have told it isnt the paint, its the metal which is unfinished hence in a dilemna.
Old 20th December 2014, 21:28   #622
BHPian

Finally booked my Terrano 85PS XL+.

I'm happy and the wait is on. Planning to take delivery on 26th Jan 2015.

I wanted to check if any owners have fitted their Terrano with front and rear guards. Yeah, I'm talking about the stainless steel ones.

I've seen some good ones, but not sure if they would look good on this car.

Thanks
Old 22nd December 2014, 21:26   #623
BHPian

Looks like Terrano AWD isn't that far.

http://www.cartrade.com/car-bike-new...on-126643.html

I'm not sure if these are just rumors, as a few weeks back I read that the AWD wasn't on the cards for at least a year.
Old 26th December 2014, 16:58   #624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DharmeshGohil View Post
Finally booked my Terrano 85PS XL+.

I'm happy and the wait is on. Planning to take delivery on 26th Jan 2015.

I wanted to check if any owners have fitted their Terrano with front and rear guards. Yeah, I'm talking about the stainless steel ones.

I've seen some good ones, but not sure if they would look good on this car.

Thanks
Congrats on booking the Terrano! Welcome to the club.
I would advice against the front guard. The sensors of the airbags are placed somewhere behind the front bumper. If, hope not, there is an event of a front collision, the front guard would most probably come in the way of sensor. As a result, the airbags might not open.
Hence i say, please don't go for the front guard.
However, the rear guard shouldn't be an issue. Get those alloy ones. They look really good.
Old 26th December 2014, 17:53   #625
BHPian

Can anybody tell whether it's possible to increase the power of the 85PS Terrano via a remap or some other sort of tuning? As it uses the same engine as the 110PS, i was wondering whether it would be possible to tune the 85 to a something more punchy....say 100PS?
Old 26th December 2014, 17:57   #626
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepakS View Post
Can anybody tell whether it's possible to increase the power of the 85PS Terrano via a remap or some other sort of tuning? As it uses the same engine as the 110PS, i was wondering whether it would be possible to tune the 85 to a something more punchy....say 100PS?
As far as my understanding goes, the turbo is different. That itself would be a major road block to extract the output by just a remap. So you should confirm on this first with a workshop person.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2014, 23:15   #627
Team-BHP Support

Some of the the 85 BHP Duster guys have remapped it. But do note as Jaggu said its fixed geometry turbo for 85 as against the 110 which has the variable geometry turbo.

Check this thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3284801
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2014, 08:28   #628
BHPian

Quote:
As it uses the same engine as the 110PS, i was wondering whether it would be possible to tune the 85 to a something more punchy....say 100PS?
As fellow bhpians have said the engines are different.

85ps engine is already at its optimum tune, so messing with power is risky for the gear and other components.

If you want to extract more through tuning then 110ps is a better option as it has stronger components and a variable turbo. It has more bandwidth for increase in power.

Last edited by HillMan : 27th December 2014 at 08:30.
HillMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2014, 17:40   #629
BHPian

Quote:
I would advice against the front guard. The sensors of the airbags are placed somewhere behind the front bumper. If, hope not, there is an event of a front collision, the front guard would most probably come in the way of sensor. As a result, the airbags might not open.
Hence i say, please don't go for the front guard.
Thanks Deepak. After some research, It's indeed not recommended to go for front bull guards. Not only they would come in the way of the sensors, but would also affect the chassis in case of a collision.

So have dropped the idea.

Quote:
However, the rear guard shouldn't be an issue. Get those alloy ones. They look really good.
Do you know of any brands or have any pictures of the alloy ones?
Old 1st January 2015, 11:11   #630
BHPian

^^ Since you have researched a bit on them , hence this question..
Does a Rod/bar type front accessory (commonly called as Dog Guard) also interfere ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks