Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2014, 16:41   #226
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.6L GT TDI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjubp View Post
VW palace cross and whitefield (Bangalore), both of them add the discount to exshowroom price and and pass on the road tax benefit.

When three of us brought out Ventos in December, we got the road tax benefit and insurance premium benefit, as the ex showroom price got reduced.
That's good to know. May be some palm greasing. My comment was based on the information from the Prerana Motors (TATA) sales head that Karnataka RTO does NOT allow the deduction of discounts from the ex showroom price.
Old 11th March 2014, 21:25   #227
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
That's good to know. May be some palm greasing. My comment was based on the information from the Prerana Motors (TATA) sales head that Karnataka RTO does NOT allow the deduction of discounts from the ex showroom price.
Palm Greasing what is that
I am a customer, suppose to be the most important person visiting the car show room. Sorry I never do that. My experience with Tata, Maruti and Toyota is that they would not reduce the ex-showroom price. Where as VW does it for every customer.
Old 12th March 2014, 08:57   #228
Distinguished - BHPian

Polo facelift could debut with the latest 1.4TDI engine. With VW strategy for emerging markets being stalled for now, the thought of the group is to have one product with less varaints in major components. Makes sense though for having the latest technologly available in all markets. If we get this then expect the following

1. A more efficient, lower NVH engine compared to the speculated 1.5TDI ( downsized existing 1.6TDI)

2. All future VW products will have the 1.4 TDI and it makes it more easier on product rationalising and reducing global variants ( Taigun, 2015 Polo, etc)

3. Future products will be based on the MQB platform and it makes sense for having the 1.4 which is compliant to this platform

So it looks like VW will have the bigger picture and IMO will bring in the 1.4TDI on the Polo and Vento for the Indian market.

Cheers!
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2014, 10:00   #229
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

So it looks like VW will have the bigger picture and IMO will bring in the 1.4TDI on the Polo and Vento for the Indian market.

Cheers!
What's the source of the news? I haven't read this anywhere.

The 1.4 TDI is a 3 cylinder mill so I seriously have my doubts since the 1.2L 3 cylinder motor has earned a not so good reputation.

The Polo maybe ok but a 12L sedan with a 1.4L 3 cylinder engine is going to be out of place in the segment vs the Verna, New City and the likes.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2014, 10:43   #230
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
What's the source of the news? I haven't read this anywhere.
The 1.4 TDI is a 3 cylinder mill so I seriously have my doubts since the 1.2L 3 cylinder motor has earned a not so good reputation.
Volkswagen has introduced the 1.4 liter-3 cylinder TDI turbo diesel motor on the 2014 Polo Facelift. This engine is available in 75 PS, 90 PS and 105 PS states of tune.
So there is a possibilty of using the same in the Vento too or the speculated upcoming< 4 m sedan.

Here is one of the links to this,
http://www.cartoq.com/volkswagen-pol...india-in-2014/

Cheers!
Old 12th March 2014, 11:02   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Volkswagen has introduced the 1.4 liter-3 cylinder TDI turbo diesel motor on the 2014 Polo Facelift. This engine is available in 75 PS, 90 PS and 105 PS states of tune.
So there is a possibilty of using the same in the Vento too or the speculated upcoming< 4 m sedan.

Cheers!
Not sure about the authenticity of this report. Most other media have been discussing about 1.5L 4 POT engine. Accepting a 1.5L on a Vento in particular, after "tasting" 1.6L, itself is difficult.

It will be a disaster for VW in Indian market, if this news is true.
Chethan B G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2014, 11:11   #232
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Not sure about the authenticity of this report. Most other media have been discussing about 1.5L 4 POT engine. Accepting a 1.5L on a Vento in particular, after "tasting" 1.6L, itself is difficult.
The 1.6TDI are being phased out internationally, replaced by the 1.4TDI.

Quote:
As for the diesel, Volkswagen is again getting rid of older units. The 1.2 TDI three-cylinder and 1.6 TDI four-cylinder are gone, replaced by a three-cylinder 1.4 TDI, with 75 and 90 PS. Being the only engine we've never heard about, this is easily the most important new engine. Why? Because the 1.6 TDI is on a lot of other cars, including mass-market models like the Skoda Rapid and VW Golf.
http://www.autoevolution.com/news/20...nes-75656.html

Last edited by volkman10 : 12th March 2014 at 11:22.
Old 12th March 2014, 12:00   #233
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Palm Greasing what is that
I am a customer, suppose to be the most important person visiting the car show room. Sorry I never do that....
Palm greasing (bribing) the RTO (by dealers). I didn't mean you / customer does it.

Quote:
...My experience with Tata, Maruti and Toyota is that they would not reduce the ex-showroom price. Where as VW does it for every customer.
If ONLY VW is doing it, there is NO way I would be inclined to believe it's legal! This is one chance no one would miss as dealer does NOT get benefited from the ex showroom price deduction or RT associated with that.
Old 12th March 2014, 13:37   #234
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post

Even I very much doubt the authenticity of that link. Going back to 3 pot motor is suicidal for a car that is just about managing in monthly sales.

Mind you not a single person complains on the Vento's 1.6L efficiency so getting these engines for better FE is a moot point.

The easier option will probably be to get the 1.5L 4 pot engine i.e. same 1.6L engine with a reduced stroke so that displacement is within 1.6L.

Quote:
The 1.6TDI are being phased out internationally, replaced by the 1.4TDI.

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/20...nes-75656.html
These 1.4L TDI engines are Euro 6 compliant means they will have a DPF. In India there is no DPF in any of the VW cars as emission norms are not as strict, DPF is expensive to replace and adds a heavy cost on the car.

If at all the 1.4L makes it to India, it will be on the new Polo based on MQB and definitely not on current one.
Vid6639 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th March 2014, 18:44   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
Not sure I understood this, when I spoke to the SA today he mentioned a 30k cash discount + 40k since its 2013 make which should bring the ex-showroom down to 7.3l, any reduction in taxes should be on top of this.
Hi. I spoke to SA at Palace cross he said that 7.3l is not possible and I have to mention he then proceeded to show me out quite rudely. Could you pm your SA's name and telephone number I would like to talk to him and close the deal ASAP.

Palace Cross VW gets a big thumbs down in terms of customer satisfaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltronics View Post
Which dealer are you talking with ? I am in touch with Apple - ORR Whitefield and as late as last week, I was told there are quite a few colors left and I for sure remember White as one of the colors since we also had an argument about not selling TD car.
Do keep us updated about the latest offerings and well if we are more in number, we can think of negotiating better on 2014 vehicle.
Could you give me the contact person you are in touch with? Are you interested in buying the GT? Let me know if you're we could ask for more discounts.

Last edited by D'Artagnan : 16th March 2014 at 18:51.
Old 16th March 2014, 21:21   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Artagnan View Post
Hi. I spoke to SA at Palace cross he said that 7.3l is not possible and I have to mention he then proceeded to show me out quite rudely. Could you pm your SA's name and telephone number I would like to talk to him and close the deal ASAP.

Palace Cross VW gets a big thumbs down in terms of customer satisfaction

Could you give me the contact person you are in touch with? Are you interested in buying the GT? Let me know if you're we could ask for more discounts.
Dont recollect his name but this is the dealership (Apple auto I think) on ORR, just after you descend from the flyover onto ORR from KR Puram.

Would have loved to go for a 1.6 but cant at this stage
Old 31st March 2014, 18:10   #237
BHPian

Was all set to book the 1.2 TSI (an auto is a must) and then comes this news of 1.5 with the 6 speed DSG. When I asked, the salesman said cryptically, 'wait till May and watch'.
d_himan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2014, 06:13   #238
Distinguished - BHPian

Could turn out to be a long wait. Even the Autocar article talks about the TDI +DSG combination first arriving in the Vento late this year and then the Polo sometime next year.
Old 3rd April 2014, 23:43   #239
BHPian

1.5 tdi with dsg would be ideal - the tsi is too too sensitive to throttle inputs, drive sedately and you can get 14-15, drive hard and you'll end up between 8-9 !!
Old 8th April 2014, 17:14   #240
BHPian

Took delivery of my flash red GT TDI on Friday 4th April from Apple Volkswagen, Whitefield. This comes 3 weeks after we bought a highline petrol polo from the same dealer.

The petrol will go to my parents while I will drive the GT I was quite impressed with the Polo after driving the petrol (which I used daily for 3 weeks), the only thing that I felt was lacking is power. So for me it boiled down to either the GT TSI or the GT TDI when the time came. My main reason for picking the GT TDI is that I wanted a manual gearbox. In fact, I didn't even take a test drive of the car before I took delivery. I have done a little over a 100 KM so far and things are settling down with the car. Initially I felt the gears to be a little tight but it seems to have loosened up a bit now. Shifting from reverse to first is still a bit tight though. I have only driven it in the city so far but will be doing a highway run soon enough.

I have done the following to the car so far:
1. Headlight bulbs changed to Osram NightBreaker Unlimited 55/60.
2. Tires changed to Yokohama S-Drives 205/55R15
3. 3M paint sealant, under chassis coating
4. 3M CR-70 sun film for the front wind screen only
5. Changed the stock speakers to Focal integration series components in front and coaxial at the back in stock location

I want to upgrade the head unit too but the only thing that is stopping me is that the steering controls will no longer work if I do.
Hells_Fury is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks