Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2014, 15:04   #271
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.6L GT TDI : Official Review

The new VW Polo sees cosmetic updates and the big news is that it gets an all-new 1.5-litre diesel motor.

Volkswagen Polo facelift prices

Polo 1.2 petrol: Rs 4.99 lakh to Rs 6.07 lakh
Polo 1.5 TDI : Rs 6.27 lakh to Rs 7.37 lakh
Cross Polo: Rs 7.90 lakh
Polo GT TDI: Rs 7.99 lakh
Polo GT TSI: Rs 7.99 lakh

(all prices ex-showroom, Delhi)

Facelifts of the GT TSI and TDI and CrossPolo are sepeculated a September launch

Tech details.
  1. VW Polo 1.2 MPI – 1,198 cc 3-cyl engine with 75 PS (73.94 bhp) @ 5,400 rpm and 110 Nm of torque @ 3,750 rpm and 5MT. ARAI efficiency is at 16.47 km/l
  2. VW Polo 1.5 TDI – 1,498 cc 4-cyl engine with 90 PS (88.73 bhp) @ 4,200 rpm and 230 Nm of torque between 1,500-2,500 rpm with 5MT. ARAI efficiency is at 20.14 km/l
  3. VW Cross Polo – Identical to Polo 1.5 TDI
  4. VW Polo GT TDI – 1,498 cc 4-cyl engine with 105 PS (103.52 bhp) @ 4,400 rpm and 250 Nm of torque between 1,500-2,500 rpm with 5MT. ARAI efficiency is at 19.91 km/l
  5. VW Polo GT TSI – 1,197 cc 4-cyl engine with 105 PS (103.52 bhp) @ 5,000 rpm and 175 Nm of torque between 1,500-4,100 rpm with 7-DSG. ARAI efficiency is at 17.21 km/l
http://indianautosblog.com/2014/07/2...acelift-137252

Last edited by volkman10 : 15th July 2014 at 15:11.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2014, 15:39   #272

I somehow get a 'cost-cutting' feeling by the looks of this 3 spoke steering wheel (Photo in Article link).
The running chrome bit on the grill look classy though.

http://www.thehindu.com/features/met...ampaign=social
Old 16th August 2014, 15:42   #273
BHPian

Hello everyone,

I have been frantically enquiring about the 1.5 GT TDI from VW dealers across the country but no one is able to give me any concrete info on the launch/delivery date.

Guys, I will really appreciate if you can share some info, if you have, regarding the launch.

Also, if you can help me choose between a GT TDI and 1.5 D Highline (only because the launch date of GT is not clear and I want a car soon)

Thanks.
Old 20th August 2014, 13:12   #274

I called VW Pune West A.K.A BU Bhandari today to enquire about the Polo GT TDI 1.6. A sales guy named Vaibhav Deshmukh spoke to me. He confirmed that the 1.6 has been discontinued and the face-lifted 1.5 GT TDI will be launched "soon". How soon ? He said it will take a wait of atleast 2-3 months. Also chirped this "Sir, company has not even provided test drive vehicle yet so you can imagine how much time it may take!"
"1.6 vs 1.5 not much difference Sir since even the 1.5 will be available in a 105 PS + 250 NM Torque tune"
Other info gathered: Will be available in 3 colours, White, Red, &, Grey. Black has been discontinued. Will have follow me home headlamps, flat bottom sporty steering wheel, some other steering mounted control which he could not explain properly.
I was told they were accepting bookings for the 1.5 and "some people have already booked". I took the latter with a sack of salt. People booking a car without taking a TD ??
Price: He said the new 1.5 GT TDI would set you back by 9.27 lakhs OTR, Pune, which I thought was rather high for a car with the added localization of an engine manufactured in Chakan, Pune.
Old 20th August 2014, 15:56   #275

Hi there,

First of all Great review:, My first post on the forum, so I'm not sure if this will be put up.
I have been extensively researching cars of late, especially the hatchbacks. I narrowed down my choices to two cars, the new polo TDI 1.5L and the GT 1.6 L TDi . Sure the GT is a better performer in terms of the engine and the ride quality but it still maintains the same old fashioned look in the interiors of that of an old polo. Although the new polo TDI is cheaper on the price and poorer on the ride quality but it's interiors have a very fresh look with the beige and black combination which looks very appealing.The new European model steering gives it all the more kick. Also the little tweaks to the front grill and the headlamps make it all the more stylish. I have two questions here for the BHP gurus is 1) Is the Polo GT tdi going to come with the European model steering anytime soon? 2)Is the new polo TDI if not equal but almost on par with the GT TDI wrt performance. 3) Is it worth going for Polo Gt tdi over the polo tdi . I actually need a combination of new polo's interiors with the GT's engine
Old 20th August 2014, 16:32   #276

Continuing from my last post.....

Wheelbase has been increased by 13 MM in the soon-to-be-launched 1.5 GT TDI.

Multi-Function-Display controls on steering wheel, which incidentally will be the same as in the European Polo GT. (Flat bottom)

Two new colours: Steel Grey & Copper Orange

All black interiors.

Redesigned front and rear bumpers. Rear bumpers to get reflectors.

More powerful headlamps (but no halogen, LED, or, projector headlamps)

Ambient light on drive and co-passenger side.
Old 20th August 2014, 17:50   #277
BHPian

Hi,

The new Polo GT TDI is coming in early September in 1.5 L in with 105 PS of power (the regular Polo Diesel has 90 PS of power). There will be no 1.6L TDI.

And yes, the GT TDI will come with flat bottomed steering wheel (the one you mentioned) with completely black interiors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtut View Post
Hi there,

First of all Great review:, My first post on the forum, so I'm not sure if this will be put up.
I have been extensively researching cars of late, especially the hatchbacks. I narrowed down my choices to two cars, the new polo TDI 1.5L and the GT 1.6 L TDi . Sure the GT is a better performer in terms of the engine and the ride quality but it still maintains the same old fashioned look in the interiors of that of an old polo. Although the new polo TDI is cheaper on the price and poorer on the ride quality but it's interiors have a very fresh look with the beige and black combination which looks very appealing.The new European model steering gives it all the more kick. Also the little tweaks to the front grill and the headlamps make it all the more stylish. I have two questions here for the BHP gurus is 1) Is the Polo GT tdi going to come with the European model steering anytime soon? 2)Is the new polo TDI if not equal but almost on par with the GT TDI wrt performance. 3) Is it worth going for Polo Gt tdi over the polo tdi . I actually need a combination of new polo's interiors with the GT's engine
Old 2nd September 2014, 14:45   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdgedNTaken View Post
I was told they were accepting bookings for the 1.5 and "some people have already booked". I took the latter with a sack of salt. People booking a car without taking a TD ??
I booked my GT TDI last year as soon as a little birdie here in these forums posted that dealers have started accepting bookings for the GT TDI model. I remember that there was no mention of this model anywhere officially and the first print ad only appeared about a week after its launch. Naturally with the GT TSI having insane waiting periods back then, I could not afford to test drive and then pre-book. In fact, VW Mumbai west did not even have a test drive GT TDI model long after its launch
Old 2nd September 2014, 21:11   #279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

So this means that the wheelbase of the gt tdi will be longer than the regular polo? Great if it is so but IMHO that this is not normally done.

Drive on,
Shibu.
Old 2nd September 2014, 22:19   #280
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Multi-Function-Display controls on steering wheel, which incidentally will be the same as in the European Polo GT. (Flat bottom)

All black interiors.

Redesigned front and rear bumpers. Rear bumpers to get reflectors.

More powerful headlamps (but no halogen, LED, or, projector headlamps)

Ambient light on drive and co-passenger side.
Increased wheelbase?

That won't happen for sure! Increasing wheelbase will require several mechanical modifications, and VW will not be able to offset the costs with just the limited numbers of the GT TDi.
Old 3rd September 2014, 20:46   #281
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...I was told they were accepting bookings for the 1.5 and "some people have already booked". I took the latter with a sack of salt. People booking a car without taking a TD ??...
Why are you surprised? If you see this forum, herds have booked some of the cars without even seeing the cars in person nor knowing the specs or even the price, by paying 50K to 1L.

Quote:
We already have the copper orange on the facelifted Polo right?
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2014, 13:15   #282
BHPian

Did I miss it or what, was there an official review of the new Polo?
Old 4th September 2014, 13:34   #283
BHPian

I've booked one. Drove the new polo 1.5 TDI. Liked the power. Figured GT would be even better. Wrote a 50k cheque then and there.
Old 4th September 2014, 13:39   #284
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyjee View Post
Did I miss it or what, was there an official review of the new Polo?
We don't have an official review but members have posted their test drive experience and previews on this thread (2014 VW Polo 1.5L TDI: Test-Drive Thread). BHPian Zigor has posted his ownership review here.

Do have a look-see.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 4th September 2014 at 13:40.
Old 4th September 2014, 16:26   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejoycjohn View Post
Anyway while on the topic of GT TDi, I did a small wrap on mine.
Attachment 1229430
Attachment 1229431
Did the chrome lining come out easily? I once tried to take it out but found it affixed very tightly to the plastic grille. Is it just glued to plastic or are there screws to be removed? Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks