Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-101.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 3403296)
In other news, Honda shipped 9,518 units of the City in March 2014! Their total domestic sales for the month stand at a whopping 18,500 units. Wait for our full sales thread to follow.

Ford should learn how to clear the order backlog. They love the EcoSport so much they're unwilling to give it away to customers :Frustrati

The two sides of my coin are:

I waited for 5 months for my Ecosport delivery and cancelled in Dec 13 when they said deliveries will be in 2015 (a delay of 18+ months adding the initial wait)

In the first week of December 13 I booked for VX CVT with a promised delivery of Feb/March but now I may get my delivery in May, as informed today... thats 6 months of wait. :Frustrati

So I have a different experience than many of the happier souls here

Completely frustrated and family says that we just keep waiting for our car. Its taken all the exictement away of getting the new car.

So, today is 1st April.
Did honda raised prices or any news when it will be raised?

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMJ (Post 3403446)
The two sides of my coin are:

I waited for 5 months for my Ecosport delivery and cancelled in Dec 13 when they said deliveries will be in 2015 (a delay of 18+ months adding the initial wait)

In the first week of December 13 I booked for VX CVT with a promised delivery of Feb/March but now I may get my delivery in May, as informed today... thats 6 months of wait. :Frustrati

So I have a different experience than many of the happier souls here

Completely frustrated and family says that we just keep waiting for our car. Its taken all the exictement away of getting the new car.

Oh my god !! You cannot be serious ! How can a mass car company expect people to wait for 18 months for a car !! This is no handmade Rolls Royce. What is going on at Ford? Are they seriously constrained of capacity? I don't see that many Ecosports on the road.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nik_kapur (Post 3403691)
Oh my god !! You cannot be serious ! How can a mass car company expect people to wait for 18 months for a car !! This is no handmade Rolls Royce. What is going on at Ford? Are they seriously constrained of capacity? I don't see that many Ecosports on the road.

Ford thinks they are manufacturing Rolls Royce's indeed. I booked an Ecosport in August 2013. I was told in December that my car will be delivered by end 2014 or early 2015, which was a ridiculous wait. Thank You Ford, I am now a very happy owner of a Honda City.

Ford did extensive market research and ad campaigns to promote the EcoSport brand!
When they got it set up, seems they just became greedy in cashing up through exports.
They once killed a product (the new fiesta) through overpricing, and now this, losing a good chunk of customers due to a huge order backlog.
I wonder what the business analysts at Ford are thinking/reporting!

March sales of Honda City!!!
9518 UNITS
Holy God!!!
7184 in January, 7213 in February, and now this

That probably is more than the cumulative sales of the competitors (Vento/Rapid, Verna, etc) in that segment

Quote:

Originally Posted by vish_wagon (Post 3403696)
March sales of Honda City!!!
9518 UNITS
Holy God!!!...

FREAK!! :Shockked: Close to 10K units of a 10L car?! Guess that's a record in the industry! No one else have managed such a feat I guess. And this too with quite a backlog up Honda's sleeve.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 3403455)
So, today is 1st April.
Did honda raised prices or any news when it will be raised?

Well they did not reveal the new prices yesterday. Maybe 1st April wasn't a very good day to do that lol:

but just got off a call with my SA. He says that as per the Sales manager the price increase is around 8-10K. He was not sure whether it was Ex-Showroom or On-Road cost but should be getting an updated price list by afternoon.

Also, checked up on the Honda Site and it shows "Prices are under updation".

So I guess the prices are surely increasing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tejas08 (Post 3403894)
Well they did not reveal the new prices yesterday. Maybe 1st April wasn't a very good day to do that lol:

but just got off a call with my SA. He says that as per the Sales manager the price increase is around 8-10K. He was not sure whether it was Ex-Showroom or On-Road cost but should be getting an updated price list by afternoon.

Also, checked up on the Honda Site and it shows "Prices are under updation".

So I guess the prices are surely increasing.

Damn it. As the delivery date is still not confirmed i will have to pay the amount with the price rise. Well, i hope there is some silver lining somewhere in this.

Hi fellow petrolheads, am well an truly excited to be a part of Team BHP finally. I have never experienced such a stringent scrutiny for entering a community but then thats what keeps the quality of interaction at such high levels.

So first things first - have booked a VX CVT and right now am on a two calls per week regime with my dealer, waiting to have some semblance of guidance on when will I finally be able to wade through crazy traffic without giving my left leg a workout. Will keep everyone posted as I ramp up the calling regime.

So finally changed my wheels, went to buy 15 inches but seeing both of the rims side by side i could'nt help but pick 16 inchers, so finally its riding on 16 inch HRS Alloys and the tyres are Yokohama A Drive R1s (205/50 R16) , ride quality has noticeably improved and so has the grip. Steering feels better now and everything feels proper , the 175s were a total spoilsport and were taking a lot from the ride! As of now the tyres are on the silent side but nowhere as silent as the michelins, ride is sufficiently soft too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocketscience (Post 3404147)
So finally changed my wheels, went to buy 15 inches but seeing both of the rims side by side i could'nt help but pick 16 inchers, so finally its riding on 16 inch HRS Alloys and the tyres are Yokohama A Drive R1s (205/50 R16) , ride quality has noticeably improved and so has the grip. Steering feels better now and everything feels proper , the 175s were a total spoilsport and were taking a lot from the ride! As of now the tyres are on the silent side but nowhere as silent as the michelins, ride is sufficiently soft too.

Looks brilliantclap:. Incidentally, i have selected these too along with a few others for my car. Do share how much tyre and alloys costed you.

The revised prices are updated on the Honda Website. In Mumbai, The VX MT Petrol is INR 10.33 lacs now. Including the metallic color charges it should be INR 10.41 lacs ex showroom.

I think i will have to pay about 15K additional for the on road price.

From booking the car in Dec 13, i have already seen two price revisions and there is no sight of the car yet.:Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by pats (Post 3404276)
I think i will have to pay about 15K additional for the on road price.

From booking the car in Dec 13, i have already seen two price revisions and there is no sight of the car yet.

Same with me buddy. Although I didn't book as early as December-2013 but have seen Two price revisions from the time I decided to buy the car.

As per my calculations, the price for V MT petrol in Mumbai would shoot up by Approx. 12K. The excise duty benefit was of 18K Approx. for V MT Petrol. 66% of the benefit already washed away.:Frustrati

It seems that Honda has hiked the prices of the City only. There seems to be no price hike in Amaze and Brio.:deadhorse

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocketscience (Post 3404147)

Looks Awesome. I guess this is the spec that Honda is using for the City in Malaysia :D 205/50R16 tyres should have costed quite a bit. Do let us know how much you managed to get for the trade in of your older tyres and the cost for the new ones as well.

Just checked the updated prices.
SV I-dtec has been raised by just 5k so not a big deal :-)

The worst is for V variant. People who changed their bookings to V cos it was under 10 lac will suffer. They had raised 10k for it and now it's more than 10 lac ex-showroom, so higher tax bracket.