Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-103.html)

Congrats. I have booked the VX CVT as well. Wishing you all the best.

Got a spanking new white E MT iVtech. Got it immediately. No waiting period.

Got these accessories from Honda dealer itself.

1. Blaunpunkt Dual Din HU with Component speakers ( Tweeter + mid/woofer ) on all four door. Sounds better that the V variant. S audio is crap.

2. Remote locking ( Same as in V variant )

3. Reverse parking sensors with camera. Screen incorporated in IRVM.

4. Door Visors.

5. Honda branded PU seat covers ( Real leather not possible:- Mom refuses to sit on cow skin )

6. Basic stuff ( Mats/covers/mud flaps etc )

Acessories planned:

1. Black Carbon fibre vinyl on the hood and spoiler.
2. Alloys and tyre upgrade.

Waiting for the 1000 kms runin to complete before i rev the iVtech to its glory. Hopefully an ownership report will follow.

One thing that i noticed is when the car is hot and idling the engine has a slight ringing sound to it. Nothing too loud. You wont notice it until you open the hood. ( Inside the cabin you cannot hear engine when idling ) I am not sure if this the "natural" sound of the engine. My Santro never had a rining note while idling. Showed it to the dealer said it is
normal. iVtech owners do you also observe such a sound. when the car is idling after say at leaset 30-40 minutes of driving. Open the hood and listen closely. Do you notice a slight rininging sound.

Does the iVtech have a timing chain or belt. Could this noise eminate from the timing chain ? Am i being paranoid. The vehicle otherwise performs well.

Thanks outdoorlover and adarsh76!

@adarsh76: Do share what's the wait period. In Bangalore, (Whitefied Honda) I have overheard customers being told that it is about 6-7 months.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Random (Post 3406921)
Folks,
Taking delivery of my VX-CVT tomorrow. It's been a long wait from the time I booked. (10th Nov).

Congrats Random!!! It was a very long wait. Wish you good luck and many miles of happy driving... clap:

Well, I wonder how long I've to wait for my car. I had called up my SA and he said that waiting period for higher variants (V and VX) are longer. I wonder what kind of game plan is this... Last week they had an advertisement in print media promising immediate Ram Navami deliveries on lower variants. Did they miscalculate and ended up with overstocking lower variants?

Apart from that I would like to ask whether any of you guys are considering additional security measures for your ANHC? I mean, something like steering wheel lock or a gear shift lock? I know these can act as visual deterrents for a thief, but is it necessary or advisable to have such equipments when Honda has an identifier chip in the key and all? Can it help in discouraging before he tries to break in and alarm goes off? Please feel free to share your thoughts on your choice of accessories for additional security...

The delivery of my car was pushed down to July, I had no choice but to cancel the booking as i cannot wait for such a long time, The dealership attitude was a real pain. Hope i do not regret this later. Even with ramped up production i have been told Honda is limiting the VX models as they want to push out the low end models first. Even the sales guys are pushing the SV, V models. In search for a new car now :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by Random (Post 3407083)
Thanks outdoorlover and adarsh76!

@adarsh76: Do share what's the wait period. In Bangalore, (Whitefied Honda) I have overheard customers being told that it is about 6-7 months.

I have been quoted a waiting period of 6 months maximum. However, there are other factors depending on it. I booked the car on April 1. At that point of time, there were 18 customers who booked for the same trim VX CVT. Cancellation by any of them will result in higher priority for me. In addition to this, the dealerships get a free allocation of up to 3 or more cars every month and this will be allocated to the customer who is willing to pay either the full amount or the down payment amount. I could have got the SV CVT version, this month itself if I had paid any of those amounts.

Any ways, I need the car only during June last week (Auspicious time). However, a much better auspicious time is during November, so 6 month waiting period is also fine :). Not in a hurry. Probably all the new car weak points will be rectified by that time.

As of now, enjoying the drive with my 9 yr old Hyundai Accent GLE with up sized tires (Yokohama A1 drive).

Quote:

Originally Posted by JediKnight (Post 3407044)
Got a spanking new white E MT iVtech. Got it immediately. No waiting period......Does the iVtech have a timing chain or belt. Could this noise eminate from the timing chain ? Am i being paranoid. The vehicle otherwise performs well.

Intelligent decision. I could have gone like that customized way if there was a basic CVT version with the paddle shifts. Sadly, the paddle shifts are available only in the top end trim. How much did the accessories cost?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amarendranath (Post 3407295)
The delivery of my car was pushed down to July, I had no choice but to cancel the booking as i cannot wait for such a long time, The dealership attitude was a real pain. Hope i do not regret this later. Even with ramped up production i have been told Honda is limiting the VX models as they want to push out the low end models first. Even the sales guys are pushing the SV, V models. In search for a new car now :Frustrati

Since, you cancelled the booking nothing much to say. Wait for the new face lifted Volkswagen Vento.

Note from Team-BHP Support: Please use multi-quote instead of creating back-to-back posts in quick succession. Also kindly refrain from quoting entire large posts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amarendranath (Post 3407295)

I would have recommended you to keep your booking for an additional month to see if the situation improves and in parallel continue the hunt for other car options. Just to avoid restarting in the queue in case you decide to comeback!

Quote:

Originally Posted by adarsh76 (Post 3407298)
I have been quoted a waiting period of 6 months maximum. However, there are other factors depending on it. I booked the car on April 1. As of now, enjoying the drive with my 9 yr old Hyundai Accent GLE with up sized tires (Yokohama A1 drive).

Congrats on the Booking! I guess the waiting times on the City is also heading towards unbearable longish queue lines. With Mobilio planned for release from June, I do not see how Honda can shorten the wait times. I made a similar move, from an Accent CRDi to the City i-DTEC and must say, I am thoroughly enjoying the new City.

Till you get your hands on the car, you can keep reading about it on TeamBHP, the various ownership reports etc. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsrivatsa (Post 3407338)
I would have recommended you to keep your booking for an additional month to see if the situation improves and in parallel continue the hunt for other car options. Just to avoid restarting in the queue in case you decide to comeback!

Congrats on the Booking! I guess the waiting times on the City is also heading towards unbearable longish queue lines. With Mobilio planned for release from June, I do not see how Honda can shorten the wait times. I made a similar move, from an Accent CRDi to the City i-DTEC and must say, I am thoroughly enjoying the new City.

Till you get your hands on the car, you can keep reading about it on TeamBHP, the various ownership reports etc. :D

That's great. Honestly, do you think that the City has a powerful Engine than Hyundai Diesels? I had driven both Accent and Verna CRDi's and the Diesel City as well. I felt City Diesel was a little underpowered. Was surprised by the refinement of Verna CRDi.

But yes, you have to forget the handling and rear seat comfort part of the Hyundai's.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adarsh76 (Post 3407359)
That's great. Honestly, do you think that the City has a powerful Engine than Hyundai Diesels? I had driven both Accent and Verna CRDi's and the Diesel City as well. I felt City Diesel was a little underpowered. Was surprised by the refinement of Verna CRDi.

But yes, you have to forget the handling and rear seat comfort part of the Hyundai's.

I agree with you that the City does not give the adrenaline rush of driving a Verna Fluidic. But then I must say it dint end all that well for me with the Accent CRDi. The engine deteriorated at 98,000 kms and the SA said I had about 5000 km to make a change or re-work the engine. So I was forced to change car rather than making a peaceful decision. I possibly would have used the car for another year to clock 10 years if the Accent CRDi had continued on. This and the suspension problems of the Verna made me think beyond Hyundai and zoom in on the City. You can visit my ownership report of the New City here: URL

Another thing which keeps me happy with the decision is the unbeatable fuel efficiency the new City is providing :D

Just received the updated price list in Bangalore from Magnum. Very disappointed as there is no difference even after duty cut. I had booked for Petrol VX MT on Jan 24th and still waiting for delivery. General Manager from Magnum has promised delivery next month (May).

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsrivatsa (Post 3407460)
I agree with you that the City does not give the adrenaline rush of driving a Verna Fluidic. But then I must say it dint end all that well for me with the Accent CRDi. The engine deteriorated at 98,000 kms and the SA said I had about 5000 km to make a change or re-work the engine. So I was forced to change car rather than making a peaceful decision. I possibly would have used the car for another year to clock 10 years if the Accent CRDi had continued on. This and the suspension problems of the Verna made me think beyond Hyundai and zoom in on the City. You can visit my ownership report of the New City here: URL

Another thing which keeps me happy with the decision is the unbeatable fuel efficiency the new City is providing :D

Of course if you had a bad experience with a car, naturally that brand will be out of question. Most of the Accent CRDI's I knew lasted only 100,000 kms. The all new aluminium engine diesels of Amaze and City will definitely go way ahead. No worries of rust or anything unlike the previous generation diesels.

My Accent GLE is about to clock 110000 kms but as per hyundai service, there is no sign of any engine issues so far.

My driving will be ranging from 700 kms per month and occasionally 1500 kms a month. So, diesel is out of question and moreover I need an automatic badly. Enough pressing the clutch. Seems as an overall package including rear seat comfort and other features, Honda City IVTEC CVT is the only option.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsrivatsa (Post 3407338)

I somehow lost interest in the car itself due to the attitude of the dealership. Their false promises pissed me off. They started acting as if they were doing the customer a favour by selling the cars. Moreover the diesel city owners started complaining on various issues. No offense to anybody but the petrol city is being appreciated more than the diesel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amarendranath (Post 3407529)
I somehow lost interest in the car itself due to the attitude of the dealership. Their false promises pissed me off. They started acting as if they were doing the customer a favour by selling the cars. Moreover the diesel city owners started complaining on various issues. No offense to anybody but the petrol city is being appreciated more than the diesel.

Is there only one Honda dealer in Hyderabad? Just have a check with another dealership.

Just for the people in Trivandrum and nearby areas for their info. There is a second Honda Dealership which have come up in the Trivandrum Byepass road. Seems the construction is almost complete. Yet to be listed in Honda website. Dealership name is 'Perfect Honda'. I think they have in Gurgaon as well. Need to check with them if they have any freebies to offer. Peninsular Honda said 'No Freebies'.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amarendranath (Post 3407529)

Maruti and Hyundai are unbeatable in terms of how they treat the customer before and after sales. Coming from a Hyundai background this is something I noticed glaringly with Honda. There is no comparison. But then based on reading thru various posts on this forum, the others such as Skoda, VW etc. have larger horror stories. So, in comparison with a Maruti or Hyundai, this aspect is a compromise the moment we go with any other company.

In terms of the Diesel City, I haven't had any problems so far but its definitely under-powered in comparison with other cars in this segment such as the Verna or the Vento. For City driving its more than sufficient. For the highways, the statistics say it all, 0-100 for a Verna is something like 11 seconds while the City takes its own sweet time of 14+ seconds. The Petrol City on the other hand is a enthusiast's dream.