Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2014, 21:41   #1981
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
Thanks outdoorlover and Anil. I just went for an underbody coating from 3M (considering the monsoons), 3D ALP mats (this was only available in Trivandrum) and door side protector.

3M under body (At Dealer) : 3500 (5 year warranty at all Honda showroom and 3M centres in India)
3D ALP mats (Car Shoppe, Trivandrum) : 3000
Door side protector (Car Shoppe, Trivandrum) : 450

Bumper to bumper insurance : Additional 5000
Thanks Adarsh for sharing these details. Could you pls PM me the address & Phone no. of the car accessories shop? What are ALP 3D mats? Is it a brand like Kagu or digifit?

I may get delivery next month. I just talked to the SA @ Perfect Honda.

Also pls tell me the OTR price of the vehicle.

Quote:
No it won't go the Tata way definitely.
I just hope so, even though I own a TATA car!

Quote:
Probably Honda does not have enough staff to look at these quality issues plus the huge production ramp up.
Now that is a serious issue that HCIL should address ASAP lest they lose out in the competition.
Old 2nd June 2014, 23:15   #1982
Senior - BHPian

Got a Jopasu car duster and Jopasu microfiber cloth for the car.

I've decided not to go with seat covers as the fabric feels quite nice. Realized that it will be quite tough to maintain the beige interiors, feels like its like a dust/dirt magnet.

I got Honda accessory floor mats, but it doesn't seem to cover the carpet area fully. The beige carpet exposed around the mats is sure to get soiled.

Got to know that Honda stopped providing the trunk mat since the Gen3 Honda city. So the trunk is bare without a mat and I'd like to have a mat on the trunk floor as well.
Are only the Trunk Mats available for sale for the Gen 4 Honda city ?

Last edited by for_cars1 : 2nd June 2014 at 23:18.
Old 3rd June 2014, 15:06   #1983
BHPian

Sigh! Can't help but envy the proud new owners in here!!

The Honda Dealer here has said that the allotment letter will arrive tomorrow, post which he can confirm if I have an allotment this month. As per initial commitment, the car is to be delivered this month.

Let's see... If it doesn't happen even this month, I may have to take a relook at the City and probably go for the new Toyota Corolla Altis or my personal favourite, the VW Vento.
Old 3rd June 2014, 19:20   #1984
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
Got to know that Honda stopped providing the trunk mat since the Gen3 Honda city. So the trunk is bare without a mat and I'd like to have a mat on the trunk floor as well.
+1 to that. I am also on the look out for good Trunk Mats. Does anyone have any recommendations? (Not the 3M Nomad Mats please - those are too expensive for the large area of the boot.)
Old 3rd June 2014, 19:47   #1985
BHPian

My SV MT has finally been allotted - it is a April manufacture & they are not telling me the make of the tyres as apparently they are not yet fitted as per the dealer. Should i be worried for any reason?
Old 3rd June 2014, 20:11   #1986
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnadevjs View Post
Sigh! Can't help but envy the proud new owners in here!!

The Honda Dealer here has said that the allotment letter will arrive tomorrow, post which he can confirm if I have an allotment this month.
Which is your dealer? which car have you booked and when? Anyway best wishes for a speedy delivery.
Old 3rd June 2014, 20:17   #1987
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilagdr View Post
Which is your dealer? which car have you booked and when? Anyway best wishes for a speedy delivery.
Capital Honda, Pondicherry. iDtec VX Golden Brown. Booked in March beginning.
Old 3rd June 2014, 20:58   #1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
Any updates from people experiencing the ringing/grinding noise from the drive belt on the Petrol City. I had the drive belt replaced under warranty. The noise went away for about 10 days. I had to go aboard for around 16 days. During this time the car was parked in a covered parking. On my returning back the noise is back.

There is no functional performance issue in the car. I mean at the moment the sound is just an irritant does not affect the performance of the car. But it does spoil the "feeling" of a new car especially when you spend a million bucks plus of you hard earned money. I have already been to the dealer 4 times for this issue. I just don't have the time and energy at the moment to chase them on this. I have decided to just live with the sound. In my case at least it is not audible inside.
I have been experiencing the same issue and it started after about 15 days me getting the car. I haven’t taken the car to the service center yet. Noise becomes very evident after driving for 10-15 Kms. Thought of trying this but not sure if it’s a fix. I could hear loud ringing noise when I reached home from work today. I left the ignition/engine ON, opened the bonnet and located the spinning drive belt on the left hand side of the engine bay. Grabbed a bottle of water and carefully dropped few drops of water directly on the spinning belt. Guess what, noise reduced after about 5 drops of water and it completely went quite after about 10 drops of water.

NOTE: Be very careful when dropping water on the belt as the motor next to the drive belt is exposed and winding inside the motor is visible.

My Take: It’s confirmed that drive belt is the one making that noise. It’s not a major issue as such. I feel it’s more to do with the drive belt quality. Experts please pitch-in.
Ranjit.Shetty is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2014, 00:09   #1989
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjit.Shetty View Post

My Take: It’s confirmed that drive belt is the one making that noise. It’s not a major issue as such. I feel it’s more to do with the drive belt quality. Experts please pitch-in.
Hello Ranjith / Jediknight,

Considering both the cars are new I don't think its an issue with the belt as such. There is a possibility that the belt is not fitted properly or the noise is from the related bearing.

I see that Jediknight got the belt replaced and still the problem persists , so my suspicion is more towards the bearing.

cheers,
pdma.
Old 4th June 2014, 00:33   #1990
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
I see that Jediknight got the belt replaced and still the problem persists , so my suspicion is more towards the bearing.cheers,pdma.
Well, it could still be a problem with the material used for manufacturing the belt, or a quality issue with the belt or even a mismatch between the belt and the pulley. That may be the reason a bit of cooling/lubrication or softening with a few drops of water helped reduce the sound. This is just my logic, but the reasons could be much varied and complex although those are less likely.
Old 4th June 2014, 09:31   #1991
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
Got a Jopasu car duster and Jopasu microfiber cloth for the car.

I've decided not to go with seat covers as the fabric feels quite nice. Realized that it will be quite tough to maintain the beige interiors, feels like its like a dust/dirt magnet.

I got Honda accessory floor mats, but it doesn't seem to cover the carpet area fully. The beige carpet exposed around the mats is sure to get soiled.

I would highly recommend to go with seat covers (Leather/Art Leather) preferably. If something drops (oil stains), it'll be really difficult to get rid of them and damage would have been done.

Even for floor mats, try to go for 3D/3M Nomad mats. It'll keep the underlying carpet clean.

I've got 3M Nomad mats and am really happy with it. For the trunk, I'm planning to go via DIY Nomad kind mats.
Old 4th June 2014, 12:02   #1992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
I've got 3M Nomad mats and am really happy with it. For the trunk, I'm planning to go via DIY Nomad kind mats.
Have you gone for any carpet lamination below the 3M Nomad Mats or you have just put the 3M nomad mats over the carpet.

I got the 3M nomad mats too, but the carpet below the seat and at the edges of the doors remains exposed and susceptible to spoiling.

If possible could you upload a snapshot of the 3M nomad mats installed, just so that I can check if I have it properly placed or not, not that I doubt 3M for installing that but just want to reconfirm.
Old 4th June 2014, 12:07   #1993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
Have you gone for any carpet lamination below the 3M Nomad Mats or you have just put the 3M nomad mats over the carpet.

I got the 3M nomad mats too, but the carpet below the seat and at the edges of the doors remains exposed and susceptible to spoiling.

If possible could you upload a snapshot of the 3M nomad mats installed, just so that I can check if I have it properly placed or not, not that I doubt 3M for installing that but just want to reconfirm.
It is just over the carpet. Some dust particles can actually go at the ends but thats very minimal and just needs vacuum clean once in 1-2 months or so. Most of the beating is taken at the areas covered by mat so you should be good.

Pictures available here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...ml#post3400298

If you are looking for a specific area, let me know and i'll try to take some additional pictures and post them
neel911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2014, 12:15   #1994
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
It is just over the carpet. Some dust particles can actually go at the ends but thats very minimal and just needs vacuum clean once in 1-2 months or so. Most of the beating is taken at the areas covered by mat so you should be good.

Pictures available here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...ml#post3400298

If you are looking for a specific area, let me know and i'll try to take some additional pictures and post them
Thanks. Mine's the same way as your pictures. I am only worried about the monsoons where the carpet on the vertical section on the door sides are exposed. They might get spoilt while getting in or out of the car on muddy patches of roads.

So ideally there really is no requirement for a carpet lamination after having the 3M nomad mats right?
Old 4th June 2014, 12:22   #1995
BHPian

Is that a typo error? VX Diesel OTR price in Mumbai is Rs. 13.5 lakh odd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesrani View Post
Hello everyone, we booked a Diesel Vx in Mumbai yesterday, Urban Titanium color. Expect to get delivery in 2-3 months max.
OTR price is Rs.12.53 Lakhs

Most Viewed