Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-143.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 3465097)
Had some hiccups related to the delivery of my car. They were giving us Red color but My father was adamant that it has to be in White color only so we had to ask for the interference of a relative who is at a high post in Honda. Result, dealer has stated we will get the car in the first lot of July itself. Confirmation of date will be done on 2july when they receive their monthly schedule.
So hopefully should get in first week of July.

Aah-I hope your long wait is fruitful soon :) Its good that you got them to commit now. With Mobilio launching soon, I think there will be longer wait times for the City.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsrivatsa (Post 3465191)

Aah-I hope your long wait is fruitful soon :) Its good that you got them to commit now. With Mobilio launching soon, I think there will be longer wait times for the City.

Right. That's what was at the back of my mind too. I have noticed this with Honda dealers in particular that whenever you involve a higher official or shoot them some mails things progress at a faster rate. Otherwise, they are kinda arrogant.

3 whole months after I booked the car, FINALLY my City iDtec VX (Golden Brown) has been allocated and is on its way down to Pondy! The guys at the dealership say they can try and deliver it on 4th/5th July, and I'm already too excited about it! The next 6 days are gonna be frustratingly slow, for sure! The City's gonna be the first car that I'm buying completely on my own! :)

Looking forward to posting my ownership experience once I get my hands on her. Planning a long drive from Pondy to Trivandrum via Kochi the very day I get the car. That should give adequate time to judge how it holds up.

Quite surprisingly (and yes, annoyingly), my brother-in-law, who booked the City V in the same colour in Trivandrum, one month after I booked mine in Pondy, got his car delivered today. :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by krishnadevjs (Post 3465462)
3 whole months after I booked the car, FINALLY my City iDtec VX (Golden Brown) has been allocated and is on its way down to Pondy! The guys at the dealership say they can try and deliver it on 4th/5th July, and I'm already too excited about it! The next 6 days are gonna be frustratingly slow, for sure! The City's gonna be the first car that I'm buying completely on my own! :)

Congrats. Waiting for the ownership experoence.

Quote:

Planning a long drive from Pondy to Trivandrum via Kochi the very day I get the car. That should give adequate time to judge how it holds up.
Sure, but do you plan to go for an extremely sedate highway driving and give your car a thorough running-in? And I presume the first servicing will be in TVM since the odo would cross the service barrier if you return to Pondy without having it done. Am I right?

Quote:

Quite surprisingly (and yes, annoyingly), my brother-in-law, who booked the City V in the same colour in Trivandrum, one month after I booked mine in Pondy, got his car delivered today. :Frustrati
I booked my city VMT @ TVM in mid April and havn't yet got it. When did he book his? Was it iDtec?

Quote:

Originally Posted by anilagdr (Post 3466069)
Sure, but do you plan to go for an extremely sedate highway driving and give your car a thorough running-in? And I presume the first servicing will be in TVM since the odo would cross the service barrier if you return to Pondy without having it done. Am I right?

Yes, am generally a sedate driver, but planning to be even calmer this time. Would not be crossing the 70-80 limit.

The first servicing would be in Tvm, as I'm planning the Pondy-Kochi-Tvm route, which in itself is some 800 km, and am planning a week at home in Tvm, which would easily take it over 1,000. Anyway, the service schedule is valid across India, so that's alright! :)

Quote:

I booked my city VMT @ TVM in mid April and havn't yet got it. When did he book his? Was it iDtec?

I guess he booked somewhere in beginning to middle of April itself. It was approximately one month after me. And yes, it's a Honda City iDTec V Golden Brown Metallic. I think it was at Peninsular, but I'm not sure. Where did you book it?

ATB for your car delivery! Who knows, we may meet up at the Honda showroom itself, when you come to take delivery of your car, and I to give it for the first service! :)

Quote:

Sure, but do you plan to go for an extremely sedate highway driving and give your car a thorough running-in? And I presume the first servicing will be in TVM since the odo would cross the service barrier if you return to Pondy without having it done. Am I right

The highway driving should not be a problem, the I-DTEC clocks 100 kmph at 2000 rpm - so it should be a good drive. The point about the service barrier needs to be validated. 1000 kms is the service barrier and what the Service Station told me is that they provide a grace of 100-200 kms max and beyond that it would be a problem for them as well. I went for 1st Service at 1100 kms.

Quote:

Originally Posted by krishnadevjs (Post 3466102)
Where did you book it?

ATB for your car delivery! Who knows, we may meet up at the Honda showroom itself, when you come to take delivery of your car, and I to give it for the first service! :)

I booked it @ Perfect Honda and it would be a pleasure if luck permits our meeting. clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsrivatsa (Post 3466227)
The highway driving should not be a problem, the I-DTEC clocks 100 kmph at 2000 rpm - so it should be a good drive.

Oh good, then that's taken care of. vsrivatsa, krishnadevjs is planning his service @ TVM - so no probs there too.

So finally after about 4 and a half months of wait got my silver VX CVT ivtec delivered. Had to escalate to Honda with a 7 day ultimatum, got the order canceled with the current dealer, got a new booking done and the car got delivered in 2 weeks flat. Luckily post that the process was just seamless and had a hassle free experience till the delivery. Stock tyres were Michelins (Lucky me) and got them upsized to Primacy 3ST 195 60R15. Got 3D nomad mats from 3M Car care in Thane for about and now wondering whether underbody anti rust and paint sealant is a worthwhile investment. Anti rust probably yes but not too sure about the paint sealant treatment. Inputs welcome :).

The drive is just great with the acceleration smooth. One thing I have noticed though that car behaves much better over the road undulations, speed bumps etc with the full load i.e 5 inside. Will try and post some pictures later...for now just enjoying the ride and as they say patience and perseverance pays :).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jyotil (Post 3466330)
Got 3D nomad mats from 3M Car care in Thane for about and now wondering whether underbody anti rust and paint sealant is a worthwhile investment. Anti rust probably yes but not too sure about the paint sealant treatment. Inputs welcome

Congrats sir for the acquisition of the second most awaited car in the Indian automotive industry, first being the Ford EcoSport.

Coming to the 3M questions, I will say go ahead with the underbody anti-rust treatment (5 year warranty) but the paint sealant may help. 3M says it lasts for around an year but the reality is it lasts no more than 5-6 months in our environmental condition.

So the pick is yours, though I did get the Paint sealant treatment - Essential (Medium category) since mine is a hatchback (Swift ZDi) that costed me Rs 3696/-. The cost may be around 4K as your car is a longer hence more effort and resource usage.

Anurag.

Quote:

So finally after about 4 and a half months of wait got my silver VX CVT ivtec delivered. Had to escalate to Honda with a 7 day ultimatum, got the order canceled with the current dealer, got a new booking done and the car got delivered in 2 weeks flat. Luckily post that the process was just seamless and had a hassle free experience till the delivery. Stock tyres were Michelins (Lucky me :)) and got them upsized to Primacy 3ST 195 60R15. Got 3D nomad mats from 3M Car care in Thane for about and now wondering whether underbody anti rust and paint sealant is a worthwhile investment. Anti rust probably yes but not too sure about the paint sealant treatment. Inputs welcome :)

Hey! Congratulations on getting your new car! Hope it brings you loads of fun times!

The Anti-Rust treatment from 3M, is basically for countries with very low temperatures. In such places, they put salt on the roads to de-ice it, thereby leading to salty water on the roads. The salty water splashes up against the underbody, thereby hastening the rusting process. To prevent this, they use underbody coating. I don't think it's gonna be snowing in Thane, any time soon. So, the primary function of Anti Rust Treatment is not gonna be there for anyone in the warmer parts of India.

However, an additional feature of the Anti Rust Treatment is that it deadens the sound from the noise, since the compound is a form of rubber. This leads to a quieter drive. Plus, it prevents chipping damage to the underbody (again, not such a big advantage).

The Paint Sealant from 3M lasts for about 6 months only. The better option would be to go with the stock coating, and do a treatment at 3M, a few months down the line. In fact, if you are into regular cleaning and waxing of your car, even that won't be required. Would suggest the Paint Protection Film though, especially in damage prone areas like the bumpers and ORVMs.

Happy Motoring! :)

Quote:

So finally after about 4 and a half months of wait got my silver VX CVT ivtec delivered. Had to escalate to Honda with a 7 day ultimatum, got the order canceled with the current dealer, got a new booking done and the car got delivered in 2 weeks flat. Luckily post that the process was just seamless and had a hassle free experience till the delivery. Stock tyres were Michelins (Lucky me) and got them upsized to Primacy 3ST 195 60R15. Got 3D nomad mats from 3M Car care in Thane for about and now wondering whether underbody anti rust and paint sealant is a worthwhile investment. Anti rust probably yes but not too sure about the paint sealant treatment. Inputs welcome :).

The drive is just great with the acceleration smooth. One thing I have noticed though that car behaves much better over the road undulations, speed bumps etc with the full load i.e 5 inside. Will try and post some pictures later...for now just enjoying the ride and as they say patience and perseverance pays :).

Hearty welcome to the CVT club :) and many congrats. It's a great balanced car and you will find out why after a few days of driving.

I have done the 3M under body treatment as it's found to be good in high humid areas like Kerala. But the real advantage is the sound insulation especially the road noise but do not expect complete sound deadening. It's more like getting ourselves a belief of peace of mind.

Again welcome to the world of effortless driving...

Quote:

Originally Posted by adarsh76 (Post 3458673)
Ok, it seems that Honda is almost right for the FE claim. ECON mode off and AC set automatically at 24 all the time, I have got an MID Average value of 15km/l (highest so far) in 75% city and 25% highway conditions. The value finally settled down at 12 km/l in my bid to find a parking space. No harsh braking, but not a sedate driving as well.

Yes, it seems Honda is right atleast for now.

A long drive report on my VX CVT:

Route: Trivandrum - Cherthala - Trivandrum (390 kms round trip)
ECON Mode off all the time
AC set automatically at 24 degrees full time
Number of Passengers: 3 Adults including me and one kid.
Luggage: Half capacity of boot. Included some heavy weight items like Coconuts, Jackfruits etc :)

Driving Conditions: 2 lane highway (NH 47). 75% close to pure highway conditions, with braking frequently required due to the 2 lane conditions. Remaining close to city conditions with 10% bumper to bumper

Maximum FE shown on MID : 19.2 kms/l. Was consistently above 18 kms/l for 75% time of the journey
Least FE shown on MID: 13.8 kms/l during a consistent bumper to bumper traffic at Alleppey town
FE shown on MID at the end of round trip: 14.6 kms/l

Total distance covered so far : 1019 kms.

Given for first service today. Guess what, I am truly impressed with this machine. Well done Honda...

NOTE FROM T-BHP SUPPORT: Please avoid posting consecutively. Use the QUOTE + (MULTI QUOTE) and EDIT functions within 30 minutes of posting instead. Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adarsh76 (Post 3466646)
A long drive report on my VX CVT:

Route: Trivandrum - Cherthala - Trivandrum (390 kms round trip)

Driving Conditions: 2 lane highway (NH 47). 75% close to pure highway conditions, with braking frequently required due to the 2 lane conditions. Remaining close to city conditions with 10% bumper to bumper

FE shown on MID at the end of round trip: 14.6 kms/l

Total distance covered so far : 1019 kms.

Thanks, I have a few questions:

How often did you use the paddle shifts? And how much time did you spend in D mode vs S mode? How did you manage overtakes:
1. Overtaking slow moving line of trucks (D or S mode?)
2. Overtaking fast moving cars (D or S mode?)

What was the top speed you did?

Quote:

Originally Posted by aditto (Post 3466667)
Thanks, I have a few questions:

How often did you use the paddle shifts? And how much time did you spend in D mode vs S mode? How did you manage overtakes:
1. Overtaking slow moving line of trucks (D or S mode?)
2. Overtaking fast moving cars (D or S mode?)

What was the top speed you did?

The drive was completely in D mode without any use of paddle shifts. I am planning to start using the S mode and paddle shifts only after the first service is completed today and when required.

As mentioned, overtaking was also done in D mode. About 4 of the overtakes was not really planned and I had to press the accelerator a bit hard. Yes, there was a rubber band effect for a fraction of second but then it pulled and was able to overtake comfortably.

All the remaining overtakes (slow moving vehicles) were planned and there was no problem at all in overtaking.

Did not attempt to overtake fast moving vehicles as the car is new and the engine had to be allowed to run in for the first 1000 kms. Kept the top speed limited to 80 km/h. Probably 60% or less of the journey was at 80 km/h as there are limitations in driving too fast in 2 lane highways. Also, the speed limit in Kerala is 85 km/h on highways.

One advice, if you feel there is a rubber band coming in and the speedo displays blue consistently, just take of the foot from the accelerator for a second and it's gone. This happens mostly when there you have to do a steep climb from low speeds.

I did another 300 KM round one day trip and got an overall FE of 25 on the MID.

I'm not finding the lower back (lumbar) support adequate enough in the driver's seat in the Honda City. My back starts to feel a bit uncomfortable during long rides.
Feel like placing a small pillow at the lower part of the back rest to support the back.
Although softer seats in the Honda City feels more plush, I would have preferred a bit more stiffer seats with better lower back support.

My Palio's driver seat has excellent lower back support and stiffer seats which are more comfortable for long drives and I didn't face any back ache issues even after driving for 10+hours.

Has anyone gone for a Horn change till now? The OEM horn is downright pathetic and even a cycle won't move.

Need suggestions which horn will suit best without tampering with warranty. I live in NCR so a loud horn is an important necessity.