Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-144.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 3466727)
Has anyone gone for a Horn change till now? The OEM horn is downright pathetic and even a cycle won't move.

Need suggestions which horn will suit best without tampering with warranty. I live in NCR so a loud horn is an important necessity.

Try the Skoda type or Roots that comprise of 'Low tone and a High tone'.

I have the roots on my Karizma R since 5 years and they have held together well without any issues and do help in getting the road ahead clear.

Anurag.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jyotil (Post 3466330)
So finally after about 4 and a half months of wait got my silver VX CVT ivtec delivered. Had to escalate to Honda with a 7 day ultimatum, got the order canceled with the current dealer, got a new booking done and the car got delivered in 2 weeks flat. Luckily post that the process was just seamless and had a hassle free experience till the delivery. Stock tyres were Michelins (Lucky me) and got them upsized to Primacy 3ST 195 60R15. Got 3D nomad mats from 3M Car care in Thane for about and now wondering whether underbody anti rust and paint sealant is a worthwhile investment. Anti rust probably yes but not too sure about the paint sealant treatment. Inputs welcome :).

Congratulations on your new beauty! Did you get the regular nomad matting or 3D Nomad Mats? Could you share photos and cost if possible? I booked my VX CVT in April and have been promised delivery in August or early September.

I am a newbie and this is my first posting!

Quote:

Originally Posted by adarsh76 (Post 3466711)
The drive was completely in D mode without any use of paddle shifts. I am planning to start using the S mode and paddle shifts only after the first service is completed today and when required.
One advice, if you feel there is a rubber band coming in and the speedo displays blue consistently, just take of the foot from the accelerator for a second and it's gone. This happens mostly when there you have to do a steep climb from low speeds.

Thanks a lot. I booked my SV CVT two weeks back and I'm expecting delivery this Thursday. I'm excited. Will be posting my reviews too once I get it. Also I'm getting a feeling that the so called RubberBand effect is a CVT characteristic and not a negative thing about the car. Its just the way the transmission works. Also the torque converter seems handy.

Hello Friends,
Finally I got the delivery of the my Silver SV i-dtech from Courtesy Honda. I booked this on Tuesday and the car was delivered to me in flat 5 days.
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20140701-09.14.02.jpg
Will post my ownership thread very soon.
Regards
Harpreet

Quote:

Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi (Post 3467481)
Hello Friends,
Finally I got the delivery of the my Silver SV i-dtech from Courtesy Honda. I booked this on Tuesday and the car was delivered to me in flat 5 days.

Will post my ownership thread very soon.
Regards
Harpreet

Congratulations once again Harpreet.

Thanks for the teaser picture. Have a long mile munching ownership.

So has the waiting period come down or is it only for the SV variant?

Anurag.

Quote:

Originally Posted by krishnadevjs (Post 3466454)
Hey! Congratulations on getting your new car! Hope it brings you loads of fun times!

The Anti-Rust treatment from 3M, is basically for countries with very low temperatures. In such places, they put salt on the roads to de-ice it, thereby leading to salty water on the roads. The salty water splashes up against the underbody, thereby hastening the rusting process. To prevent this, they use underbody coating. I don't think it's gonna be snowing in Thane, any time soon. So, the primary function of Anti Rust Treatment is not gonna be there for anyone in the warmer parts of India.

However, an additional feature of the Anti Rust Treatment is that it deadens the sound from the noise, since the compound is a form of rubber. This leads to a quieter drive. Plus, it prevents chipping damage to the underbody (again, not such a big advantage).

The Paint Sealant from 3M lasts for about 6 months only. The better option would be to go with the stock coating, and do a treatment at 3M, a few months down the line. In fact, if you are into regular cleaning and waxing of your car, even that won't be required. Would suggest the Paint Protection Film though, especially in damage prone areas like the bumpers and ORVMs.

Happy Motoring! :)

Thanks Krishna...i tend to agree that it isnt going to snow anytime soon in Thane...infact right now even few showers of rain would suffice though :). Am planning to get into a monthly regime of cleaning and waxing the car. Hope that would suffice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 3466370)
Congrats sir for the acquisition of the second most awaited car in the Indian automotive industry, first being the Ford EcoSport.

Coming to the 3M questions, I will say go ahead with the underbody anti-rust treatment (5 year warranty) but the paint sealant may help. 3M says it lasts for around an year but the reality is it lasts no more than 5-6 months in our environmental condition.

So the pick is yours, though I did get the Paint sealant treatment - Essential (Medium category) since mine is a hatchback (Swift ZDi) that costed me Rs 3696/-. The cost may be around 4K as your car is a longer hence more effort and resource usage.

Anurag.

Thanks Anurag...Probably I will opt for the antirust treatment as it has an additional benefit of damping the road noise. Hope that works.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bookr (Post 3467006)
Congratulations on your new beauty! Did you get the regular nomad matting or 3D Nomad Mats? Could you share photos and cost if possible? I booked my VX CVT in April and have been promised delivery in August or early September.

I am a newbie and this is my first posting!

Thanks Bookr and welcome to the club!! I got the 3D Nomad Mats @ Rs. 5892. They have a 3 / 5 offer where if you opt for 2 additional treatments like paint sealant & underbody antirust coating then you get 10% off on the total bill. Will try and post photos for the Nomad Mats. The beige ones go well with the interior.

And the City does it again.

7723 Cars sold in June-14. Thats the sixth month in a row with 7K+ City sold.

https://www.hondacarindia.com/mediaC...aspx?pr_id=308

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 3467483)
Congratulations once again Harpreet.

Thanks for the teaser picture. Have a long mile munching ownership.

So has the waiting period come down or is it only for the SV variant?

Anurag.

I was at Whitefield Honda-Bangalore today to enquire about City. I was told that for Diesel V MT, the waiting period for any colour is at least 3 months.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tejas08 (Post 3468018)
And the City does it again.

7723 Cars sold in June-14. Thats the sixth month in a row with 7K+ City sold.

https://www.hondacarindia.com/mediaC...aspx?pr_id=308

This month it will cross the 50,000 Units Sold mark for sure. I wonder if this is the fastest ever 50K mark for a car in the C2 Sedan Segment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsrivatsa (Post 3468414)
This month it will cross the 50,000 Units Sold mark for sure. I wonder if this is the fastest ever 50K mark for a car in the C2 Sedan Segment.

At least I can't think of any other car that would have sold such numbers so fast in the C2 segment.

The closest competitor would have been the Verna (Only Hyundai has the capacities to deliver such numbers)

The VWs & Skodas don't have the capacity to manufacture so many C2 segment cars regularly month on month. Toyota never had a good enough car to take over this segment.

It actually only leaves Maruti Suzuki. SX4 has been a dud. So unless there has been a car before the SX4 in C2 segment from MSIL which sold more than 50K units in 6 months (Which I have my serious doubts), City has to be the fastest selling C2 Segment car. (Reaching 50K inside 7 months)

Hey Guys,

Has anybody else faced issue with the stock music system loosing time and saved FM stations. My 45 days old SV MT i-VTEC City's stock music player is getting reset overnight or when it is off for some longer duration. Is this normal behavior or should i get it checked ? I believe this problem started only few days back and i remember it was working fine at least till the last week.

Also I am hearing some squeaking noises from the dashboard while driving on rough & bumpy roads (e.g the kind of stretch we have on ORR in Bangalore between Bellandur Flyover and Agara Flyover). I think the noise is coming from the silver colored panel covering the central console near the AC vents.

Thanks

Found this article on the new CVT technology employed in Honda City 2014 and why it's more reliable than the earlier generation CVT.

http://tovahondafan.blogspot.in/2014...lures-for.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapnCook (Post 3468499)
Hey Guys,

Has anybody else faced issue with the stock music system loosing time and saved FM stations. My 45 days old SV MT i-VTEC City's stock music player is getting reset overnight or when it is off for some longer duration. Is this normal behavior or should i get it checked ? I believe this problem started only few days back and i remember it was working fine at least till the last week.

Also I am hearing some squeaking noises from the dashboard while driving on rough & bumpy roads (e.g the kind of stretch we have on ORR in Bangalore between Bellandur Flyover and Agara Flyover). I think the noise is coming from the silver colored panel covering the central console near the AC vents.

Thanks

The clock (as well as tuned stations memory) is maintained in the background by the Cars Battery. Looks like you have a loose connection in the connector or wire from battery to your Music system. Your ASS will sort it out easily. The same thing happens if the battery terminal is removed and re connected.

There is a price increase for the Honda city effective this month . My SA says it is to the tune of around 7000/- for the iDtec VMT :Frustrati. Anyone with more info?

Quote:

Originally Posted by anilagdr (Post 3468923)
There is a price increase for the Honda city effective this month . My SA says it is to the tune of around 7000/- for the iDtec VMT. Anyone with more info?

Oops, pretty fast I see with the price hike.
Now will this hike be only for new bookings or the old bookings that haven't been delivered also get the price hike?

Anurag.