Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2014, 23:41   #2431
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakv View Post
Hi - i have experienced the same (i would call it "twitching" at high speeds) at speeds of 80-90 on the Bandra Worli sea link - things i didnt experience in my Maruti Zen!
I had a similar experience, but at a higher speed on outer ring road with two people on board. I thought it was due to high cross winds as I haven't faced such issue at higher speeds with 5 people on board and boot full of luggage.

Will take the car again this weekend on the ORR to test this issue.

Anybody else facing similar issue? Is something wrong with the dynamics of the new Honda city?

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 31st July 2014 at 09:09. Reason: Please refrain from mentions of high speed / speeding.
Old 31st July 2014, 01:24   #2432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
That said the VX is really loaded so you may feel that you lost out on gadgets.

If you can wait and are not in urgent need of the car then be patient. But if you need a car then go for the SV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap View Post
Once you get your hands on the steering wheel, I am sure you will start enjoying the supreme comfort. Don't deny your self that comfort for 4 long months :-)
Hi thanks for the suggestions, so after a lot of thought i have decided to wait it out for the VX. A few reasons for my waiting are the fact that i am not going to be in my city for the next 2 months so i won't need the car then.
The accessories i was adding up costed about 65000, in the end i felt putting in another 1.20 i was getting a lot more for a car i will own for at least 5 years.
the final reason, though i'm sold on Honda city, its the arrival of the ciaz. In a few weeks we will know what its like, it gives me the option to check it out.
Old 31st July 2014, 06:50   #2433
BHPian

The following posts as well as those by others point to serious quality issues and aerodynamic problems of the City.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakv View Post
Hi - i have experienced the same (i would call it "twitching" at high speeds) at speeds of 80-90 on the Bandra Worli sea link - things i didnt experience in my Maruti Zen! This is shocking to say the least, not to mention the water leakage that has cropped up this week in my car as well just as it did in my colleagues'. This is terrible quality, unexpected from Honda - they should be ashamed of making such a vehicle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by feroz_009 View Post
I had a similar experience, but at a higher speed of 140+ on outer ring road with two people on board. I thought it was due to high cross winds as I haven't faced such issue when I hit 160 with 5 people on board and boot full of luggage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aditto View Post
Even I have experienced server lateral swaying in moderate highway winds along the Hyderabad Outer Ring Road. I was crusing between 80-110 kmph. I had never experienced anything like this before in my Figo.

I wonder if it is due to the steering, or tyres or something to do with aerodynamics of the car! It is scary. Haven't driven over 110kmph yet, waiting to do that post 1st service.
Can someone tell me if wider tyres have solved this problem.
Old 31st July 2014, 09:57   #2434
BHPian

I haven't experienced any twitching. I am running on 205/55-R15.
One disappointing thing is sound insulation. Lot of road noise filters in the cabin. They could have done a better job in that department.

There was a water leakage problem on the passenger side. I was afraid it was the rain water seeping in, but it turned out to be a bent AC drain pipe.

BTW, Honda is changing 'Reverse brake light switch assembly' on some of the models. When the dealership punched in my engine number the message popped up to change the said part. I am not exactly sure what it is.

Mod Note: Post edited. Team-BHP strongly discourages unsafe driving practices that put yourself and other road users at risk. Please do NOT post about illegally high speeds on public roads.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 31st July 2014 at 13:00.
SumitBahl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2014, 11:15   #2435
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
BTW, Honda is changing 'Reverse brake light switch assembly' on some of the models. When the dealership punched in my engine number the message popped up to change the said part. I am not exactly sure what it is.
Thanks for the info. I am heading for the 3rd Service in the next 10 days. Will ask them about this! This is the first replacement info I have heard so far on the new City.
Old 31st July 2014, 12:28   #2436
BHPian

Quote:

My car is on wider tyres (Michelin Primacy 3ST 195/60 R15). I think the issue that day was due to heavy cross winds.
Old 31st July 2014, 13:31   #2437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilagdr View Post
No they dont (i'm running on 205 50 R16) , they do make it very stable at high speeds as opposed to 175 section tyres (some people have reported the car shakes above 'very high speeds') but my car was affected by not so heavy crosswinds , this should'nt be confused with bad dynamics because apart from this the car can handle even bad roads at high speeds without loosing its composure and body roll is minimal too.
Old 31st July 2014, 14:38   #2438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilagdr View Post
I have shot a mail to Honda. Let's see what comes of it.
Hi Anil, Did you got any reply from Honda? Pls share.
Old 31st July 2014, 17:27   #2439
Distinguished - BHPian

In case people do not know (I did not know about this until today), Honda has a few OEM accessories for the City 2014. I am sure that the radiator grille will find most customers:

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-2014.jpg

Other accessories are spoilers, side skirts, etc.

Last edited by saket77 : 31st July 2014 at 17:40. Reason: Grammar correction
Old 31st July 2014, 17:28   #2440
BHPian

Yousivakutty
No, they haven't bothered to reply to my mail so far shall update here if they do so.

Last edited by anilagdr : 31st July 2014 at 17:29.
anilagdr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2014, 19:36   #2441
BHPian

I called my dealer in Trivandrum today and spoke to the top boss. I asked whether he had any info regarding Honda stalling the production of city in favor of the Mobilio. He told that he had no such info and he was also honest enough to tell me that Honda has not given any allocation to Kerala for the month of Aug. So in any case a delivery is not possible in August. He told I am No. 6 in waiting list for the V diesel and that he'll give me a call once they get to know the allocation status for Sep. So theoretically I should get the car either by Sep end or October depending on the stalks they get.

Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP
Old 1st August 2014, 03:17   #2442
BHPian

Hello All,

I searched for some news about this stop in production of the City, and seems to be that the production will not completely stall but would be moving to the plant in Rajasthan as the Mobilo production is expected to utilize the entire facility in Noida. From what I read and understood they were using the Noida plant exclusively for the City and the Tapukara plant for the Amaze & Brio. So I guess the transition would impact the production but should not stall it completely.The wait times may shoot up and as already pointed by a few here the wait time will surely cost Honda some customers moving towards the much expected Ciaz or for the better diesel engine in Verna.

cheers,
pdma.
Old 1st August 2014, 23:10   #2443
BHPian

Where in Kochi, 3D Kagu mats available; preferably around Vyttila?
Looking for the CVT.
Old 2nd August 2014, 00:13   #2444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiny View Post
Where in Kochi, 3D Kagu mats available; preferably around Vyttila?
Looking for the CVT.
Not exactly in Vytilla but I usually get floor mats from a place called Kar+ which is located opposite the theatre Saritha Savitha Sangeetha. The place generally keeps stock of 3D mats too. Suggest you give them a call and check. Maybe they can source it for you if required too.
275BHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2014, 22:39   #2445
BHPian

Today came to know from the dealer that I will not get my car this month. Since it is difficult to manage till October -December without a car, cancelled the city booking and booked a Verna.

Most Viewed