Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2014, 09:19   #2491
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorlover View Post
Both the mirrors of VX CVT open and close simultaneously though. Maybe it is a synchronisation issue on some cars that the service guys don't want to spend time on.
Thanks outdoor...this will be informed again to service. I will make sure that this is rectified.
Old 6th August 2014, 10:24   #2492
Geo
BHPian

Does Honda specify the duration of running-in for a new car? Either by kilometer or months? Like, 1000 kms, 5000 kms, 1 months, 3 months or something like that?
Old 6th August 2014, 10:38   #2493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
The front windows roll down with a jerky start. I had pointed this out in my first service. The SA told me that this is by design, and there is nothing they could do about it. I think this 'feature' is mentioned in many reviews on TeamBHP.

Has anyone noticed another stuff related to rolling up rear power windows? If the (stock) music player is on, I can hear a squeaky noise when the rear power windows reach the top. The SA told it is present in many (all, according to him) VTec City's. He said it is something to do with a relay cut off. Hard to believe explanations.
Your SA is misleading you here. I have no such Issues in my car(though it is DTEC, door and window mechanism would be no different from VTEC). Also I remember someone having this same issue and on opening the door pad it was found that one of the metal parts was touching the window mechanism sue to which there was jerk in his front door window. Suggest please insist on the SA opening the door pad and checking the clearance for the window mechanism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
I've logged 8,200 KMS on the ODO and will be heading for 3rd Free Service this Friday. Any tips, suggestions for what I need to ask them to check?
Am at currently 13K Kms and touchwood no issues as of now in my 6 months of ownership. Get the normal 3rd service done with oil change. Should be about 2.5 - 3K Rs for the service. Also my suggestion get only the alignment done from Honda. Balancing of tyres you can do outside (I did this).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishaanranderia View Post
by the way i just drove friend's city and found the ride to be very unsettled. every little bump could be felt, is it to do with the suspension or is it the tires to blame
Hope your friend got the tyre pressure checked post delivery. I had checked in my car immediately post delivery and tyre pressure was between 50 - 60 PSI (varying in each tyre). Have driven for 13K + KMS now on stock tyres/rims on varying conditions and I find it settled.

Last edited by malgudi : 6th August 2014 at 10:44.
malgudi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 11:29   #2494
Senior - BHPian

If any one has completed their 10k service kindly post the bill here so we can get a fair idea of the things done.
Thanks.
Old 6th August 2014, 11:36   #2495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
It is more due to the stiffened suspension. This move from Honda is to address the GC issues from the older version. If we notice there is no major difference in the GC numbers in both the cars, but the tweaked suspension in the current model is helping the car not to scrape its under belly.The tyres definitely have a role to play here as well because skinny tyres do not compliment the ride too well.
Cheers,
pdma.
Quote:
Originally Posted by malgudi View Post
Hope your friend got the tyre pressure checked post delivery. I had checked in my car immediately post delivery and tyre pressure was between 50 - 60 PSI (varying in each tyre). Have driven for 13K + KMS now on stock tyres/rims on varying conditions and I find it settled.
He has had the car for a month now and he feels the car has had a rough ride ever since he bought it. Definitely a bad sign considering the beautifully contoured roads of mumbai in the rain
Old 6th August 2014, 12:39   #2496
BHPian

This is mainly due to the reworked and stiffer suspension. I had a test drive of the car yesterday and since the rains have created bad roads, the car seems to be a whole lot rougher to drive
Old 6th August 2014, 13:29   #2497
BHPian

My car (SV CVT) just finished first service last week and yesterday the A/C stopped working

It does not cool at all. Just blows hot air. What happened to legendary Honda reliability and quality?
Old 6th August 2014, 13:32   #2498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennai-indian View Post
My car (SV CVT) just finished first service last week and yesterday the A/C stopped working

It does not cool at all. Just blows hot air. What happened to legendary Honda reliability and quality?
Which Dealer / Service Station? If you can share the info....
Old 6th August 2014, 13:33   #2499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
Which Dealer / Service Station? If you can share the info....
Capital Honda on OMR
chennai-indian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 14:05   #2500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennai-indian View Post
I have heard such issues crop up during monsoon. But nevertheless, unexpected on Honda's part.
Old 6th August 2014, 15:01   #2501

I booked a VX-CVT variant with Magnum Honda, Bangalore on 12th April with the Sales Contract indicating tentative delivery in October. The Sales Consultant orally assured that delivery should be possible in September but outer limit would be October. Even though I had been following the launch and wanted to book earlier I waited as I wanted delivery post April and was under the mistaken delusion that there would not be many bookings for the top variant.

I want to check with other BHPians if anybody else is in the same boat. The current news that there will be no production of the City during August due to Honda shifting production to its Rajasthan plant will cause further delays! However I will not cancel as I currently own a City and would not think of changing.

Would appreciate hearing the views of other gurus.
Old 6th August 2014, 15:09   #2502
Senior - BHPian

My Ownership review is finally Live - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ty-i-dtec.html
harry10 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 16:10   #2503
BHPian

My SV-iDTEC has arrived on 3rd and will be registered on 11th. Sales Coordinator has told me that it takes a week to register here in Chennai as against 3 days last month due to some change in RTO formalities. Hoping to to First PDI on 11th morning before registration and planning to take the delivery by 13th.

Have purchased a Blaupunkt Sandiego 530 with Navigation to replace the OEM Audio (with the approval of ASS only ). Planning for a reverse Cam integration to it.
Old 6th August 2014, 16:28   #2504
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
My SV-iDTEC has arrived on 3rd and will be registered on 11th.
Congratulations and best wishes, Seran Manian. I wish you and your new Honda City SV-iDTEC infinite miles with smiles.
  (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 16:35   #2505
BHPian

Talks have been on in our Forum that there might be a temporary halt in the production of New City. It is now confirmed.

http://indianautosblog.com/2014/08/h...apukara-140276

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks