Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2014, 14:31   #2596

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
No point in getting HID without projectors, you will blind the oncoming traffic and the spread would be poor as well.

So, what's the next option. I am finding it very difficult to manage with the stock headlamps.
Old 14th August 2014, 16:46   #2597
Senior - BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
... The right ORVM closes a bit delayed (when I say bit delayed, it's not even 1 second). In fact the sound of closing the ORVM's makes me understand that there is a slight delay.

Peninsular Honda service is saying that this is normal and they checked in other VX variants as well and this delay is observed. I also checked this out and found this is appearing in another VX variant as well. They also told me they will get a confirmation from Honda as well.
Even I had observed this as reported in my earlier post. It now looks more like a "feature" than a "bug"
Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
3. The front power door mirrors motor doesn't turn on simultaneously, the left mirror opens/closes sooner than the right mirror....
Old 14th August 2014, 16:51   #2598
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After pairing the phone to the Head unit, if you make a call, the mute option shows up on the screen.

All you need to do is turn the "List/Push/Select" left round knob clockwise to highlight the mute option on the screen (displayed with a checkbox to its left).

Now you can conveniently toggle the mic to mute/unmute by just pushing the button (ie., one push for mute and one push to unmute).

I'll show it in pics after I capture them.
I've attached the pictures to illustrate the use of the LIST/PUSH/SELECT button as a "Mute/un-Mute" button.
Attached Thumbnails
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-mute_step1.jpg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-mute_step2.jpg  

Last edited by for_cars1 : 14th August 2014 at 16:55.
for_cars1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th August 2014, 19:44   #2599
KRN
BHPian

Quote:
I've attached the pictures to illustrate the use of the LIST/PUSH/SELECT button as a "Mute/un-Mute" button.
Thanks for_cars1! for the pictures. I have a similar use case as yours (calls that require me to be on mute most of the time, with ability to unmute quickly when required). A direct mute physical button would have been anyday better, but I guess this option is not too bad either
Old 14th August 2014, 21:33   #2600
Senior - BHPian

I wanted to move a household mini fridge by taking it along in the boot. But the loading area is narrower than the dimensions of the fridge. Its small and light weight but a bit wider to load from behind.

Yesterday I suddenly realized that if the rear seat backrest can be temporarily removed, I can load the fridge from there because it should be wider from inside, and then put back the seat.

My question is, how easy is it to remove the back seat rest and put it back in place ? I want to load the broader luggage from inside.

Wish Honda atleast provided the ability to fold the seat forward, if split folding seats is asking for too much. I believe they have provide the split seat/foldable rear seat in the east Asian variants (Malaysia/Thailand)
Old 14th August 2014, 21:38   #2601
BHPian

Good news for those who were looking for maxpider 3d mats for 2014 city.They have arrived finally. I am taking it from torque indiranagar.
Vahanam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2014, 23:17   #2602
BHPian

Took another long trip today.

Route: Trivandrum - Charumoodu (Near Kayamkulam), Main Central Road (MC Road).

Drive Style : 'D' mode only with a good amount of usage of paddle shifters. ECON mode ON only when there was a traffic block. AC automatically set from 22 - 25 degress full time.

Traffic Conditions : 75% close to highway conditions (lot of curves and narrow raods in MC road). 25% city drive with about 15% bumper to bumper conditions.

Distance Covered : 215 kms to and fro

Avg FE at end of journey: 14.2 kms/l

Maximum on MID displayed during journey : 15.6 kms/l

Passengers : 5 (4 Adults, 1 kid)

Luggage : Half load on the onward journey. Close to Full Load on return journey. Included some heavy weight items.

Let me tell you very honest. The handling of the car is way way way better than Fluidic Verna (not 2014 with suspension modifications, I've not driven it). Steering is weighing up on speeds. I never felt nervous in the curves and braking is also very good. Acceleration is just superb.

Thoroughly enjoyed the drive until there was a small accident back at Trivandrum City. Too much block and one reckless Maruti Versa driver hit on the Front Left Side bit of bumper and the metal part (slight dent as well) and sped away in a very dangerous manner. Going to claim insurance since I've taken bumper to bumper insurance. Aware that NCB will be cut next time. This is going to be second claim (had a nick before as well and had to paint it since it was a metal part).

Filed a complaint at Traffic Police with the vehicle number. The police assured me that they will be caught.
Old 16th August 2014, 07:17   #2603
BHPian

Quote:
My question is, how easy is it to remove the back seat rest and put it back in place ? I want to load the broader luggage from inside.
I think it just a push fit arrangement. While fixing seat covers they left the back seat buckles in the back side and when I pointed it they simply lifted back seat rest up, brought the buckles up and placed the back rest in place.
Seran Manian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2014, 09:56   #2604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahanam View Post
Good news for those who were looking for maxpider 3d mats for 2014 city.They have arrived finally. I am taking it from torque indiranagar.
Can you please share the price. I checked up in chennai the dealer asks for 7350 including courier charges.
Old 16th August 2014, 10:43   #2605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
Can you please share the price. I checked up in chennai the dealer asks for 7350 including courier charges.
Cost is 6255 after discounts. Let me know if you need any help
Vahanam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2014, 11:00   #2606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahanam View Post
Cost is 6255 after discounts. Let me know if you need any help
Thanks a lot. I asked for black set as I thought the beige ones will get dirty very soon. I sure will get in touch with you once I finalise. Thanks again for the feedback.
Old 16th August 2014, 11:11   #2607
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot. I asked for black set as I thought the beige ones will get dirty very soon. I sure will get in touch with you once I finalise. Thanks again for the feedback.
Color is your choice. Beige goes very well with honda city. There are posts with pictures on how good the beige mats look even after getting dirty. Look for the kagu thread. There are some CR-V beige mats in that thread which shows how good they are. I chose beige after seeing those pictures. Look for those before you finalize black

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post3359532

Last edited by Vahanam : 16th August 2014 at 11:23. Reason: Url added
Vahanam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2014, 12:14   #2608
BHPian

http://indianautosblog.com/2014/08/2...hailand-141563

Honda Thailand launches CNG variant of the City. No mention of any Indian launch.
Old 16th August 2014, 17:24   #2609
BHPian

Honda City : Official Review

Can someone who has purchased the 3D maxpider mats confirm how many pieces we get for the rear carpet? Is it one full unit for the rear or do we have 3 carpets ..one for each side and one for the bump between the seats? Also... Are the edges folded and sealed/glued/stitched ( like the ankle ends of our jeans) or are the edges left open ( in a way that shows the layers of the composite)? I'm asking as I need to know which ones are original v/s which ones are excellent fakes....

Last edited by vsathyap : 16th August 2014 at 17:39.
Old 17th August 2014, 12:06   #2610
BHPian

Quote:
I saw the 3D mats for the 2014 City listed on Ebay for 6850. You may like to check that out.
outdoorlover is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed