Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-183.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geo (Post 3522252)
I know this sounds a bit illogical, but give it a try :)

The voice levels are different for each source. So next time you call, please try moving the volume knob on the center console all the way up and give it a shot. I think there is some connection between the volume knob and your mic volume. Just a gut feel.

Thanks ;) I tried it didn't work. :(
Only the speaker volume got rally loud

Quote:

Originally Posted by knight.rider (Post 3520870)
Hi guys. The month long extension of waiting due to production stoppage is getting on my nerves. I booked mine, an SV CVT in May ending. Dealer still is clueless. Anyone else has the same problem? Anyone has any info regarding resume of the deliveries and how are the cars allotted to the dealers?

I had booked my SV CVT back in July from Arya Honda (Mumbai). After a month and a half of no response from the SA or anyone from the dealership I had to threaten them with a cancellation. Got this response the next day.

Quote:

[FONT=Verdana, serif][SIZE=3]On the basis of your signing the Sales Contract and confirmation of your preferred Model and Colour your car would [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, serif][SIZE=3]be available in the month of October[/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=3][FONT=Verdana, serif] 2014[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, serif].[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, serif]Tentative date w[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, serif]ill be informed by 1st week of October 2014[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, serif].
[/FONT][/SIZE]

Weird. I use the Bluetooth connectivity on a daily basis and only one specific person has complained so far. Everybody else thought it was normal. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bookr (Post 3522199)
Hi knight rider,

I had booked my VX-CVT in April and I just received a call from my SA that the car would be invoiced by Sep 23 with delivery during October first week after Registration. He also told me that the invoice would be from Noida. I am puzzled as I was under the impression that the City production had shifted to Tapukara plant in Rajasthan. Anyway I am quite eager to take delivery after the long long wait. I would suggest that you write to Honda directly asking them for the status. The email id is customer_relations@hondacarindia.com

Congrats! ! You finally are getting yours after 5 long months. The wait is getting really irritating day by day. My dealer told me that they are getting good numbers of amaze and mobilio from the company and city is totally stalled. With ciaz bookings already started, honda has something to ponder over. Ciaz looks good but should one go for it is hard to decide. Whenever I recall the history of maruti with sedans(viz baleno, SX4, kizashi or even vitara) I become sceptical.

Does anyone know what the 5 chimes during switch on indicate? I have asked the SA, but he was kind of clueless. He said I don't have to pay attention to them, and can crank even when the chimes are happening. I am curious to know what they mean.

Mod note: Back to back post, please use Multi Quote [Quote +] instead. Thanks.

Thanks @bookr just sent an email to the customer relationship mail address. Let's see what happens.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geo (Post 3522321)
Does anyone know what the 5 chimes during switch on indicate? I have asked the SA, but he was kind of clueless. He said I don't have to pay attention to them, and can crank even when the chimes are happening. I am curious to know what they mean.

This is your seat belt reminder.

Quote:

Try putting the seat belt on before switching on the vehicle, it should go away if it is what I think it is. I guess Honda is trying to make us all learn safe practices.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aditto (Post 3522257)
Thanks ;) I tried it didn't work. :(
Only the speaker volume got rally loud

I don't think the dealerships won't do anything unless they receive a workaround for this from Honda. May be you can try taking it to a good car audio sales and service shop and ask for an advice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adarsh76 (Post 3521844)
I Below are the AutoCarIndia figures for Petrol and Diesel respectively:

0-20 1.24 / 1.75 sec
0-40 2.50 / 3.69 sec
0-60 4.44 / 6.00 sec
0-80 6.95 / 9.92 sec
0-100 10.13 / 14.75 sec
0-120 14.64 / 21.54 sec
0-140 19.93 / 32.04 sec
0-160 29.16 / NA
0-180 44.16 / NA

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocketscience (Post 3521865)
i also said that overdrive's number (12.xx second) to 100 for the city diesel feels more believable than Autocar's 14.75 seconds , it does'nt feel 4 sec slower than petrol to 100.

Even I doubt Autocar's acceleration numbers. They have mentioned speeds beyond 140 kmph (160 and 180) as NA, so this might be Amaze's figures. Only the Amaze and Mobilio have their top speed restricted to 140kmph.
Unlike Amaze, the City Diesel does not have a speed limiter and its top speed is rated at 190kmph so mentioning it as NA for speeds beyond 140 is not true for City.

Overdrive has give the 0-100 acceleration figure as 12.8 sec for the City Diesel

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by knight.rider (Post 3522525)

If it is not the seat belt reminder you can always get some warning symbol in the speedo console to indicate the problem i hope.

Yes, it was the seat belt reminder. It isn't coming when I first wear seat belt and the insert the key.

Thanks guys!

I just wanted to share my experience with the new Honda City. The car overall is a beauty with brilliant riding characteristics for a person who mainly drives within city (me!), except for one niggle. After first servicing suddenly I had the driver door rubber beading coming off regularly. I told them at second servicing and they said they fixed it, the problem came back after two days and I went back to workshop got it fixed again only to have it return. This was really irritating, to have the beading come off regularly and the fix it back in position manually. I then shot off a strong mail to Honda, within 2 days the dealer called and this time they fixed it again (I wanted them to replace it , they took some snaps & said will send it to the company) so far it seems to be holding up and the problem has disappeared. This was an unnecessary irritation in an otherwise beautiful car

Hey everyone. It's been two days since I emailed the honda CRM regarding my dealer's continued postponement of a delivery date and the sales advisor has started to avoid my calls even though I called once a month. There is still no communication from the dealer and just one automated reply from the CRM email address.

Just a query.... If the company promises a delivery date but then postpones the delivery due to their own circumstances(as honda is doing right now), are the customers supposed to get any compensation for the same? After all we have paid 51k as booking and it is with the company for 5-6 long months. Any idea anyone?