Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-185.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsathyap (Post 3525534)
Does anybody know how to delete paired devices on the Honda HFT? Looks like my car's audio system was paired with a few devices before delivery and I don't want them to be listed in the Bluetooth menu. I just can't seem to find a way to delete / unpair devices.

I have a 'V" variant and have successfully deleted a paired phone from my system. Just fiddled with the Menu and did it. It was quite easy actually.

Quote:

Originally Posted by knight.rider (Post 3525900)
Just a thought it may work. Try removing the connections from the battery. It always resets the audio and mid in my i20. This may sort you out.

This is not needed, the Menu does the job.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anilagdr (Post 3525993)
I have a 'V" variant and have successfully deleted a paired phone from my system. Just fiddled with the Menu and did it. It was quite easy actually.

Even in the SV there is an option to delete a device although it is not seen on the first screen that appears on BT setup. Just turn the knob and you can see the option to delete a device.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsathyap (Post 3525534)
Looks like my car's audio system was paired with a few devices before delivery

Hello vsathyap ,

I somehow find this awkward. By any chance did the dealership play the bad known game here of pushing a test drive car , Iam not sure if there is any way to get this verified.Hope the vin number was cross checked and pdi was thoroughly done in this case so that this doubt can be partially eliminated.
I recall an experience of a member here with the linea , where he was sold the same car he test drove and he realized this after the delivery as his number was showing up in the paired devices of the car which he did during the test drive.
I see some answers posted for this question and I hope the issue is fixed now and you are able to pair new devices.

Cheers,
Pdma.

Sure shot signs of a 'Display car'. In fact this is a good way of verifying if it's a fresh car during you pre-delivery check! There's absolutely no explanation/excuse a dealer can give if multiple or even one other device is paired. This can get really ugly in the future with respect to your ownership experience. You guys can refer to how one poor fellow was duped with a Maruti Kizashi in the ownership threads.two words. Horrible situation.

^^ One reason for having devices paired before delivery can be due to dealership drivers who take the car to RTO for registration.
During PDI of my XUV I had checked the infotainment system and found no phones were paired, however when I went for delivery found two devices paired. The sales guy agreed it was used by their drivers when they take the vehicle for registration.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdma (Post 3526045)
By any chance did the dealership play the bad known game here of pushing a test drive car , Iam not sure if there is any way to get this verified.Hope the vin number was cross checked and pdi was thoroughly done in this case so that this doubt can be partially eliminated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pixantz (Post 3526576)
Sure shot signs of a 'Display car'. In fact this is a good way of verifying if it's a fresh car during you pre-delivery check!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpksuhas (Post 3526615)
^^ One reason for having devices paired before delivery can be due to dealership drivers who take the car to RTO for registration.
During PDI of my XUV I had checked the infotainment system and found no phones were paired, however when I went for delivery found two devices paired. The sales guy agreed it was used by their drivers when they take the vehicle for registration.

I have done the PDI and although I did not check the music system, I'm pretty sure its not a "display" car. My reasoning is this:

All this makes me believe that there were a couple of dealership drivers who had paired their devices with this car during their runabouts to/from the dealership/stockyard/shop.

That said, ironically, I still havent figured out how to delete devices.:Frustrati. Can someone take the troubles to guide me step by step? I'd be really thankful.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsathyap (Post 3526798)
I have done the PDI and although I did not check the music system, I'm pretty sure its not a "display" car.

Good for you. Others are not so lucky. Enjoy your ride :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsathyap (Post 3526798)
I have done the PDI and although I did not check the music system, I'm pretty sure its not a "display" car. My reasoning

That's definitely good news. I guess it is more of a case what was mentioned by mpksuhas which cannot be ruled out.
For the rest of the folks I would sincerely advice to get this check added during PDI so that unnecessary surprises can be avoided.

cheers,
pdma.

I own a July 2014 Honda City , i-vtec, V-variant.

Yesterday I found out that my car's bonnet does not shut tight. I could insert a finger and lift the bonnet couple of centimeters and touch the bonnet lock inside . I could not unlock the bonnet lock from outside though .

I walked around my parking lot trying to lift the bonnet of other cars , just to be sure that it is actually an issue .My 15 y/o Santro does not have this big panel gaps or any niggles of this sort.

I know with the new honda city the quality of Honda is not what it used to be , but still want to know if this is same for others as well.I am a regular follower of tbhp Honda City threads and do not remember anyone reporting this issue yet .

I am planning to report it on the second service and would like know if anyone else in this forum had faced this issue and what might be the possible remedy to it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by knight.rider (Post 3524233)
Hey everyone. It's been two days since I emailed the honda CRM regarding my dealer them continued postponement of a delivery date and the sales advisor has started to avoid my calls even though I called once a month. There is still no communication from the dealer and just one automated reply from the CRM email address.

Yesterday I received a call from the dealership. Surprisingly they were questioning me why you email the CRM. Then later the HR intervened and gave 3rd October as the dispatch date from the factory. Let's hope it goes well. Today I received an apology and reassuring email from Honda. Looks like they have a good outlook towards things and the morons at the dealer level spoil the customer experience.

Quote:

Originally Posted by R.G (Post 3527195)

Yesterday I found out that my car's bonnet does not shut tight. I could insert a finger and lift the bonnet couple of centimeters and touch the bonnet lock inside . I could not unlock the bonnet lock from outside though .

I am planning to report it on the second service and would like know if anyone else in this forum had faced this issue and what might be the possible remedy to it.

No, Mine shuts well. There is a gap in the centre to insert your hand up to the palm, when it is shut (Due to the design - may some sort of Air intake?). I was able to push or pull the bonnet release lever and the bonnet did not get released. Also I was not able to lift the bonnet even by 2 or 3 mm.

May be your bonnet was half closed last time when it was closed? They suggest to drop the bonnet from about a foot high while closing rather than manually pressing it hard down.

Your comments please...

Quote:

Originally Posted by knight.rider (Post 3527496)
Yesterday I received a call from the dealership. Surprisingly they were questioning me why you email the CRM. Then later the HR intervened and gave 3rd October as the dispatch date from the factory. Let's hope it goes well. Today I received an apology and reassuring email from Honda. Looks like they have a good outlook towards things and the morons at the dealer level spoil the customer experience.

Ciaz effect.
Anyhow, its good that they are following up complaints, whatever the reasons are.

Quote:

Originally Posted by R.G (Post 3527195)

Yesterday I found out that my car's bonnet does not shut tight.

I am facing the same issue & would report it in the 2nd service.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seran Manian (Post 3527558)
Also I was not able to lift the bonnet even by 2 or 3 mm.
Your comments please...

Does that mean the bonnet lifts up a bit in your case ? For me , the bonnet can be lifted a bit and I could not find any other car for which this happens.

Air intake feature or not , I would want the bonnet to sit tight once it is closed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by R.G (Post 3528697)
Does that mean the bonnet lifts up a bit in your case ? For me , the bonnet can be lifted a bit and I could not find any other car for which this happens.

Air intake feature or not , I would want the bonnet to sit tight once it is closed.

No it was tight. At both ends bonnet hood sits on the engine bay outer casing tightly, but in the centre, above the grill there is a gap (about 1 inch or more ) by design through which I was able to access the bonnet release lever, was able to move the lever, it had no effect on the bonnet hood and the hood was sitting tight.
I could only open it using the bonnet lever from inside the car and now moving the bonnet lever relased the hood.

In essence with me all is fine like any other car :).