Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-188.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdma (Post 3533989)
Hello jesrani,

The car is Vx so it has everything that Honda wanted to throw in this model ,hence I personally don't think there are any additional accessories needed. Check the prices at the dealer for the scuff plates usually they are charging a bomb from what I read here. Since most of the folks are cautious not to loose the warranty they are paying the additional price to the dealer or buying stuff from the open market and using some good rapport to get it installed from the dealer. I would suggest to follow either of the 2 practices.

The choice of mats depends on what we are willing to spend, I think the after market definitely offers better options than the dealer.

If you are driving involves frequent highway runs , then yes as most of them have recommended it is better to have the headlamps upgraded.

Strictly IMO Michelin any day is better than bridge stone however in this case I don't think the SA can be of any help as none of us would know what shoes it comes with until the car lands at the stockyard .

cheers,
pdma.

Thanks.
I drive on highway every week so I need good headlamps. Headlamps upgrade should be from from dealer or outside? What lamps and wattage to use?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jesrani (Post 3533922)
I have booked VXMT Diesel in Vapi and delivery is in October or November. Are there any accessories that are must? I don't need extra speakers or anything fancy.
Thinking of scuff plates and good mats. Should I get these from dealer or elsewhere?
Is a lamp upgrade necessary?
I asked my Sales Executive about tyres and he said all top end had Bridgestones. I told him to inquire if Michellin option was available. Which would be better?

Scuff plates if illuminated ones need a power tap from Door Switches. So getting done with Dealer is better to manage warrantee issues. If normal un illuminates Scuff Plates are ok, You can do it your self or get it done outside.

Mats no issues at all. Many prefer 3D mats which wont slide around and will cover the sides better than 2D mats.

Lamp upgrade is a personal choice. I am comfortable with Low and High beams and don't even have Fog lamps in my model. Also I feel that lamp upgrade might create warranty issues and one has to confirm it with dealers.

I think lucky ones get Michellin XM1 and many prefer Michellin Primacy 3ST. But once again it needs dealer's ok.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsathyap (Post 3526798)
That said, ironically, I still havent figured out how to delete devices.:Frustrati. Can someone take the troubles to guide me step by step? I'd be really thankful.

If you have a 'V' variant, just lift the steering button that is used to make/answer calls. Thereafter you can navigate to bluetooth settings and delete a paired device.

Quote:

Originally Posted by knight.rider (Post 3534002)
Finally it seems that the wait is over. Got a call yesterday that they have the same trim in white ( I booked golden brown). Colour doesn't really matter at all. Everyone else in my family wanted white anyway.

Feels like a prayer has been answered! Thank you everyone for listening to my woes and helping me out.

Let's see how much I can haggle down. I don't want RSA and extended warranty. Insurance I always get 3rd party. Anyone else who got these removed?


Congrats!! Finally your dream comes true!
I gave a call to my dealer and asked them to confirm the delivery of my vehicle or else cancel my booking and let me book Ciaz if City is getting further delayed beyond Oct. The SA told that he would call me in some time and he did call in 10 min and confirmed the allocation of my vehicle( with a explanation that some 'other' customer has 'delayed' his delivery so they are confirming delivery of my vehicle in October!!)
The confirmed final date of delivery would only be available by this month end. Keeping fingers crossed!!


Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP

What is the current waiting period for the VX CVT here in delhi?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoctorKK (Post 3534720)
Congrats!! Finally your dream comes true!
I gave a call to my dealer and asked them to confirm the delivery of my vehicle or else cancel my booking and let me book Ciaz if City is getting further delayed beyond Oct. The SA told that he would call me in some time and he did call in 10 min and confirmed the allocation of my vehicle( with a explanation that some 'other' customer has 'delayed' his delivery so they are confirming delivery of my vehicle in October!!)
The confirmed final date of delivery would only be available by this month end. Keeping fingers crossed!!


Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP

Congrats for the confirmation of your delivery. I never knew pressure tactics could work in overriding booking priority. I am happy you managed this :), Best wishes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jesrani (Post 3534103)
Thanks.
I drive on highway every week so I need good headlamps. Headlamps upgrade should be from from dealer or outside? What lamps and wattage to use?

Honestly , I do not know what can be a suitable upgrade in this case. I would request other forum members to pitch in here and also the owners in specific if they can help in answering this query.

Alternatively you can check / post this query on the thread below.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ting-here.html

cheers,
pdma.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TB16 (Post 3534726)
What is the current waiting period for the VX CVT here in delhi?


Last time I checked around 20 days ago was 4 months. It may have increased since there is no city production in August.

As per reports the new facility is going to start the second shift it might help bring down the wait times. That and the Ciaz effect should help waiting periods

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alive2Drive (Post 3535330)
Last time I checked around 20 days ago was 4 months. It may have increased since there is no city production in August.

Yes it is still around that. My friend is planning to buy one VX CVT and he has gotten dates of January for delivery.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anilagdr (Post 3534993)
Congrats for the confirmation of your delivery. I never knew pressure tactics could work in overriding booking priority. I am happy you managed this :), Best wishes.


Thanks buddy 😊
Well I just told him honestly that I was willing to book Ciaz because I was getting a bit restless with the uncertainty of delay in getting the City. Many people in this thread had pointed out about the dealer being clueless regarding the delivery date which made me more skeptical!!
Although it's only a confirmation over phone and I hope no more politics is played by the dealer with me. So keeping fingers crossed.


Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoctorKK (Post 3535844)
Thanks buddy 😊
Well I just told him honestly that I was willing to book Ciaz because I was getting a bit restless with the uncertainty of delay in getting the City. Many people in this thread had pointed out about the dealer being clueless regarding the delivery date which made me more skeptical!!
Although it's only a confirmation over phone and I hope no more politics is played by the dealer with me. So keeping fingers crossed.


Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP

Would be much better for your peace of mind if you can get something in writing. Given that you mention they confirmed 'allocation', shouldn't they be in a position to give you the VIN of your car?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jesrani (Post 3534103)
Thanks.
I drive on highway every week so I need good headlamps. Headlamps upgrade should be from from dealer or outside? What lamps and wattage to use?

I have changed my bulbs to Osram nightbreaker unlimited - both hi (HB3, 60W) and LO(H11,55W). Although there is some improvement in both modes, I should think these as insufficient on a highway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao (Post 3535856)
Would be much better for your peace of mind if you can get something in writing. Given that you mention they confirmed 'allocation', shouldn't they be in a position to give you the VIN of your car?


Yes,very true!! Infact that is one reason I am keeping my fingers crossed. Don't know in what sense the dealer meant by 'allocation',whether the company has allocated or is it the confirmation from dealer side. I asked for VIN and the dealer told he would give it only by month end. Just hoping for the best!!


Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP

I am in the same situation as @Doctorkk, and I asked the same question to the dealer. He said that the VIN number is known when they receive the car. Is it true? Even I don't know. Hopefully be given to me on 2nd October. We hope to see it in our driveway on Dusshera, I.e. 3rd October.

I was given on road price as Rs. 11.15, now they are telling me to pay Rs. 10.46 on road. Why this difference? This question is still not answered. So I wont pay till they insist. Is it due to excise cuts? Also, they are saying that RSA, extended warranty and comprehensive insurance is compulsory. Does that mean that Honda is confident that the car will stop working all of a sudden in the middle of the road and the parts will stop functioning after warranty period? I asked them to give it as compulsory in writing.
Honda One2One confirmed this on the phone when they called me for feedback on my previous email regarding extended waiting time. But I don't trust a call centre girl, they give only scripted replies.


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:38.