Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-190.html)

I have booked VXMT in Vapi and dealer had quoted the following in July :
Ex-Showroom : 11,35,000
Handling : 9,500
Ex-Warranty + RSA : 16,400

Is Handling charges payable? Should I go for ExW and RSA?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jesrani (Post 3537958)
I have booked VXMT in Vapi and dealer had quoted the following in July :

Yes, on all accounts. Try to fight with them on handling charges. They won't remove it but you can try to get the figure down or get some freebies instead.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jesrani (Post 3537958)

Hello jesrani,

EW definitely yes , just in case you are tight on budget then no issues EW can be bought anytime before the expiry of the initial warranty of 2 years /40K Kms.The price may vary a little depending on the time you are opting for it.

RSA well I advice you kindly check the radius for the support. Will they help us free of cost even if the car is stuck say on Highway or this support is only in the city limits. Please get this clarified based on that we can decide to opt for this or not. From your earlier posts its clear that the car will run on highways quite a bit. Also if they would provide RSA anywhere then I would suggest you to go for it as Rs 4600 is not too high for 4 years and when you are hitting highways frequently its always a safe bet.
If you are buying these two then please ensure that the EW & RSA certificates have the validly clearly printed on them when you are taking the delivery of the car.

On handling charges I agree with you , ideally this should be zero what is this 9K for.Anyways this topic has been a point of never ending debate on the forum and even though we have Delhi HC ruling (not sure if applicable for all states) asking dealers not to charge any such amount to the customers under a bulk heading this sick practice continues.
I advice you to ask for breakup of this 9K .Kindly get the breakup so that we can for sure negotiate to reduce this to the maximum there is no harm is trying after all its our hard earned money and every effort to save even a rupee is absolutely worth.

Please keep us updated on the negotiations / progress.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 3538051)
Yes, on all accounts. Try to fight with them on handling charges. They won't remove it but you can try to get the figure down or get some freebies instead.

Hey Harry ,

Quick one so I guess the Delhi HC ruling did not help you. Did the dealer just brush it off when you raised this , as I know that customers always kind of fight a loosing battle on the handling charges. kindly let us know mate.

cheers,
pdma.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdma (Post 3538057)
Hey Harry ,

Quick one so I guess the Delhi HC ruling did not help you. Did the dealer just brush it off when you raised this , as I know that customers always kind of fight a loosing battle on the handling charges. kindly let us know mate.

cheers,
pdma.

Nope. Dealer was not budging. In my case handling charges were 6200 and i wanted to escalate further but my father relented as we were already saving 15k through outside loan and insurance. So, he agreed to handling charges to avoid any future complications with dealer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdma (Post 3537800)
I also did some search on internet on the excise cut , however what I read and understood is that the exice duty wavier was always there and the new government extended the same until Dec 31 2014 for the benefit of the manufacturers. So I don't think there will be any additional price cut on the cars.

I would request other members to share any future information if available.

cheers,
pdma.

Well, I also searched for any such news on the net. One piece of information that I would like to share is that the price list given to me by the dealer quotes the ex showroom price of 'V' diesel as 10,33,500/- whereas it is showing 10,27,500/- on the honda website. Is there a drop of 6,000/- in the price? I don't know. But when I checked the onroad price of the vehicle on car wale.com ,it also showed the ex showroom price as 10,27,500/- but the on road price was the same as I had checked at time of booking in July (11,74,221/-) The website is showing an increase in road tax of the vehicle in Kerala of about 11,000/-

Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP

Quote:

Originally Posted by knight.rider (Post 3537817)
I am paying Rs. 3500 3rd party insurance instead of Rs. 33496 comprehensive insurance.

Not paying Rs. 10500 EW and 4600 RSA.

So, adding that up i am saving Rs. 45100.

My trim is SV CVT Taffeta White.

I guess not taking comprehensive insurance for a new car is not a good idea. It will pain if you have any small dent and have to pay from your pocket in a new vehicle. Only third party insurance is better if you have a very old car and you won't bother to get it repaired even if it gets a dent!!
One of my seniors took EW and it really helped him as his AC got some issues in 4th year and he got it replaced free( actual cost was 33,000/-!!) So, it's basically peace of mind if you have the EW. I would suggest to go for it,but all personal decision.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdma (Post 3538057)
RSA well I advice you kindly check the radius for the support. Will they help us free of cost even if the car is stuck say on Highway or this support is only in the city limits. Please get this clarified based on that we can decide to opt for this or not. From your earlier posts its clear that the car will run on highways quite a bit. Also if they would provide RSA anywhere then I would suggest you to go for it as Rs 4600 is not too high for 4 years and when you are hitting highways frequently its always a safe bet.

The T&C leaves a bit of ambiguity in terms of coverage. There is "all cities in India" in one paragraph and "on the roadside, on the highway" in the next. Our SA gave the assurance that it is "any road, anywhere, any time", I am hoping that is the case.

For me the reason for opting for it was the expectation that my wife may use the vehicle at times. At 1150 INR an year it justified the peace of mind.

PS: RSA and EW can be added at a later date.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoctorKK (Post 3538093)
Well, I also searched for any such news on the net. One piece of information that I would like to share is that the price list given to me by the dealer quotes the ex showroom price of 'V' diesel as 10,33,500/- whereas it is showing 10,27,500/- on the honda website. Is there a drop of 6,000/- in the price? I don't know. But when I checked the onroad price of the vehicle on car wale.com ,it also showed the ex showroom price as 10,27,500/- but the on road price was the same as I had checked at time of booking in July (11,74,221/-) The website is showing an increase in road tax of the vehicle in Kerala of about 11,000/-

The price indicated on the Website if Non-Metallic Colour (Tafeta White). When the price list appears there is a note at the bottom of the price list which says Rs. 6000 Extra for metallic paints (Anything other than White).

I guess you must have booked a metallic colour and hence the price is being indicated accordingly. In case, you have booked white then talk to the dealer.

I have booked VMT petrol in bathinda in september and the dealer has quoted the following :-
Ex showroom price = 831579/-
Comp Insurance (1yr) = 21575/-
Ex warranty (1/2 yr) = 7975/-
logistic charges = 4000/-
RSA = 4600/-
Anti rust treatment = 6940/-
Temp regn = 1000/-registration = 38000/-
Are these charges reasonable and compulsory?
Advise please

Quote:

Originally Posted by tejas08 (Post 3538559)
The price indicated on the Website if Non-Metallic Colour (Tafeta White). When the price list appears there is a note at the bottom of the price list which says Rs. 6000 Extra for metallic paints (Anything other than White).

I guess you must have booked a metallic colour and hence the price is being indicated accordingly. In case, you have booked white then talk to the dealer.

Yes you are right. I missed that part!! I have booked the red which is metallic and hence the difference of 6k. Hence no change in price of the vehicle. Knight rider please confirm if there is any change in the price quoted at time of booking and now at time of delivery.

Yes there is a difference of 5k in my case. I had asked about the difference between metallic and non metallic, at the time of booking and even now while paying for the car. But contrary to the price difference given here I was told that the prices are same for both versions across the honda range.

This is what I was quoted. What are RTO charges.
ex shworoom price
insurance
rto charges
depot charges
5 rsa and 2 years ext warranty
honda nill dep
total

When I bought my car 3 months back, there was a 6k Rs difference between white and other colors. All other colors are categorized as metallic.

About 3 months back, I had raised a query on the forums for the accuracy of the Fuel Economy being indicated on the MID.

I had some serious various once or twice. After which one of the BHPians had explained me about the speed of the petrol filling making a difference.

Post that, whenever I go to the Petrol Pump I make sure I tell the Attendant to fill it at the slowest speed. For the last 2 and half months, the accuracy of the MID with regards to the Tank-to-Tank method has been very good. I have not got any variation with is above +/- 5%.

Just wanted to add my two cents on the Accuracy levels of the Fuel Economy of the MID.

Mods - Sorry for the back to back post. But I could not locate the Edit Button on my screen. Also, if the link put up in my post is not acceptable, you can go ahead and delete the post.

Just searching through google for some cost of parts of the new City 2014, I found this link which gives an idea about the servicing costs of both Petrol & Diesel alongwith an expected price of parts replacement during regular servicing.

http://www.mycarhelpline.com/index.p...=758&Itemid=10