Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-193.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SumitBahl (Post 3542864)
I recently noticed uneven panel gaps on the boot lid.
Can someone else confirm if its same with their car or my bootlid got misaligned.

Hello Sumit,

Ravenavi captured the panel gaps in his ownership thread so there is no mis alignment on your car , its plain quality issues.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aviator1101 (Post 3538736)
I have booked VMT petrol in bathinda in september and the dealer has quoted the following :-
Ex showroom price = 831579/-
Comp Insurance (1yr) = 21575/-
Ex warranty (1/2 yr) = 7975/-
logistic charges = 4000/-
RSA = 4600/-
Anti rust treatment = 6940/-
Temp regn = 1000/-registration = 38000/-
Are these charges reasonable and compulsory?
Advise please

I got my 2014 City I-VTEC VXMT UTM thorough Deep Honda, Bathinda on 21st September. I tried to dodge the logistic charges but in vain. The dealer offered no discounts whatsoever. Overall experience was really good with Deep Honda. I highly recommend them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gurnoor_singh (Post 3543109)
I got my 2014 City I-VTEC VXMT UTM thorough Deep Honda, Bathinda on 21st September. I tried to dodge the logistic charges but in vain. The dealer offered no discounts whatsoever. Overall experience was really good with Deep Honda. I highly recommend them.

What is Anti rust treatment? Is it under body protection? If it is under body protection, then it will cost only 3500 from 3M.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adarsh76 (Post 3543217)
What is Anti rust treatment? Is it under body protection? If it is under body protection, then it will cost only 3500 from 3M.

I believe 3M offers two types of Under Body Protection plans , one with 5 years guarantee which cost Rs.3500 and the other with 2 years guarantee which costs roughly about Rs.1900.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adarsh76 (Post 3543217)

According to my SA, 3M treatment includes underbody protection and paint protection for 5 years.

Hello All ,

Some information I received today. One of my friend is taking the delivery of his Sv IDtec this weekend and during a conversation with his SA today , he was informed that the dealership is expected to receive 100 cars next month. Looks like Honda is now desperately trying to catch up with the backlog to avoid frustrated customers switch their bookings to Ciaz.
As already discussed the strategy of stalling the production of the flag ship product to make way to Mobilo was a dud right from the inception of the thought.
IMO the damage is done to an extent and lets see how Honda now tries to keep up.In the meanwhile with 6000 cars lying in the stockyard from a month Maruthi also failed to grab the opportunity by delaying the launch of Ciaz.

However on the positive note the wait time is expected to come down drastically and all those who have been waiting for the delivery since ages can expect to see the car in your garage soon.

Cheers,
pdma.

Have a 2012 Honda City V MT. About a week ago, started hearing some noise like, 'gghhaad, gghhaad, gghhaad, gghhaad......". In addition, there is some vibration from the front left tyre (I feel) and steering vibrates slightly.
This occurs only at slightly higher speeds, e.g. about 40 - 50 kph. Below this speed, there is relative no noise and not much vibration.

Went to Honda ASC. The technicians were super busy, hence the supervisor agreed to come with me for 'test drive'. After he heard the sound and vibration, he said, probably the 'bearings' of front left wheel may need replacement. On top, he said that genuine Honda parts bearings per wheel costs INR 7K. Since technicians were busy he said to drop off the car next week for them to inspect. I hope the bearings are fine and something minor. INR 7K is rather high. He thinks it may be the bearings that got damaged due to water getting in.

I am confused, since other than regular car wash, I have not driven thru' any major water puddles other than regular rains. Also the car is just 2 years and I drive pretty sedately considering bad roads with potholes.

please: Any idea what could be the cause of this noise and slight vibrations at higher speeds? Thanks in advance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by geotracks (Post 3544893)
Have a 2012 Honda City V MT. About a week ago, started hearing some noise like, 'gghhaad, gghhaad, gghhaad, gghhaad......". In addition, there is some vibration from the front left tyre (I feel) and steering vibrates slightly.
This occurs only at slightly higher speeds, e.g. about 40 - 50 kph. Below this speed, there is relative no noise and not much vibration.

Went to Honda ASC. The technicians were super busy, hence the supervisor agreed to come with me for 'test drive'. After he heard the sound and vibration, he said, probably the 'bearings' of front left wheel may need replacement. On top, he said that genuine Honda parts bearings per wheel costs INR 7K. Since technicians were busy he said to drop off the car next week for them to inspect. I hope the bearings are fine and something minor. INR 7K is rather high. He thinks it may be the bearings that got damaged due to water getting in.

I am confused, since other than regular car wash, I have not driven thru' any major water puddles other than regular rains. Also the car is just 2 years and I drive pretty sedately considering bad roads with potholes.

please: Any idea what could be the cause of this noise and slight vibrations at higher speeds? Thanks in advance.

Before anything, I would suggest wheel balancing. Get wheel balancing and alignment done and then see if the symptoms persist.

Quote:

Originally Posted by geotracks (Post 3544893)

To the best of my understanding there is an issue with the bearings as mentioned by the service center as well. Here is a video which explains this more and Iam sure it would be helpful.

Kindly have these issues addressed at the earliest as this will effect the other components of the suspension if delayed to an extent.

I know 7 K is not a small amount , if you are ok you can try some open options available in the market , the quality may not be the same however some of them offer a 1 year warranty. I had the same issue in my previous car 2008 Verna and I went for the option outside the Authorized service center as the price was close to half and I got a 1 year warranty as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NTX1-NctEg

Cheers,
pdma.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdma (Post 3544978)
To the best of my understanding there is an issue with the bearings as mentioned by the service center as well. Here is a video which explains this more and Iam sure it would be helpful.

Kindly have these issues addressed at the earliest as this will effect the other components of the suspension if delayed to an extent.

I know 7 K is not a small amount , if you are ok you can try some open options available in the market , the quality may not be the same however some of them offer a 1 year warranty. I had the same issue in my previous car 2008 Verna and I went for the option outside the Authorized service center as the price was close to half and I got a 1 year warranty as well.

Cheers,
pdma.

Thanks to both, @pdma & @adimicra

Went to HONDA ASC. The problem was the stock MRF ZVTZ, left rear tyre went out of shape. The technician said, this could be due to bad road and the car may have hit a big pothole. To think back, yes, roads in the area where I drive are VERY VERY bad with lot of construction and rain water damaged roads. Sometime the roads are so bad I have to go at 5 kmph and yet the cars on those roads jolt around. There was an instance where the car with full load, about a month ago at very low speed hit a very very big pothole with a 'thud'. I think that could have been a contributing factor.

In summary, they put the spare wheel and the problem went away. Total cost INR 1,185 for wheel alignment & wheel balancing. The CITY now drives like a charm.

However, I am surprised that the MRF ZVTV went 'out of shape' only after 18K kms. My Getz's original Goodyear tyres lasted for 7 years and 50K+ kms. Recently changed them with Yokohama tyres.

Question: Do the MRF ZVTVs have much lesser durability...I mean 2 years and 18K kms is not that long.

Finally the dealer called up today and gave me the VIN number. Can anybody help decode......MAKGM654JE4000778. Thanks in advance

Quote:

Originally Posted by aviator1101 (Post 3546452)
Finally the dealer called up today and gave me the VIN number. Can anybody help decode......MAKGM654JE4000778. Thanks in advance

Here is the info using this Vin Link myvehicledetails

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-info.jpg

Good news for ANHC E/S/SV variants holders,

CASKA has just launched the Headunit for ANHC 2014 with the Piano black finish in centre facia.

It Touchscreen with Mapmyindia Navigation, DVD Player, USB Port, Bluetooth, Steering mounted Audio and phone controls, integrated reverse camera, Tire Pressure monitoring system (optional) and parking sensors (optional)

Ofcourse its very expensive, saw the catalogue in Privilege Moto Mall Chennai, he quoted me cost of 48K including installation

No plans to buy at the moment, out of budget for me

Quote:

Originally Posted by malgudi (Post 3546501)
Here is the info using this Vin Link myvehicledetails

Attachment 1294408

Thanks a ton. Anything else I should be very critical about before taking delivery of the car, especially because I read somewhere on this site that one needs to be extra cautious about the first lot of cars delivered from a new plant, given that Honda has shifted its plant to Rajasthan. Pl advise

Quote:

Originally Posted by aviator1101 (Post 3546626)

Thanks a ton. Anything else I should be very critical about before taking delivery of the car, especially because I read somewhere on this site that one needs to be extra cautious about the first lot of cars delivered from a new plant, given that Honda has shifted its plant to Rajasthan. Pl advise

Congrats!
Don't worry and just follow the Holy grail of Team-BHP PDI list and you will be good to go.