Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2014, 04:14   #2911
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

I intend to do some accessory shopping for my ANHC in Kolkata. Please advise on places to buy leather feel seat covers, floor mats etc
Old 4th October 2014, 06:28   #2912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmitKumarVinay View Post
Harpreet,

As long as you get the right set of connecting kits and make sure no wire is being cut, you will be fine. The connecting kits are quite expensive, but it will keep the warranty in tact.

Regards,
Amit
Thanks Amit for the reply. Do the local car accessories shop have these kits ?
Sorry one more question: does scratching a wire insulation to get access to the wire conductor beneath amount to a warranty breach ?
Old 4th October 2014, 06:49   #2913
BHPian

Hello All ,

Long back in Feb ( Post # 818 Feb'14) , I posted some pics where I fiddled with the grill in Ms-paint to make it look a little better.

Reference to the same picture below

Looks like our anilagdr did similar partial masking of the grill in real which looks a lot better than the original one.
I requested him to share more details on the material used and some more pics of the masking, so that it is helpful for many others who may want to try something similar.

For sure I would want to do something about this hideous grill If I buy this car next year.

Picture of his car.

Cheers,
pdma.
Old 4th October 2014, 09:54   #2914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
Hello All ,

Looks like our anilagdr did similar partial masking of the grill in real which looks a lot better than the original one.
I requested him to share more details on the material used and some more pics of the masking, so that it is helpful for many others who may want to try something similar.

For sure I would want to do something about this hideous grill If I buy this car next year.

Picture of his car.

Cheers,
pdma.
pdma, I havn't done any masking so far. It is only the shadow effect in the photo, but as you said the looks appear quite appealing.
anilagdr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2014, 10:06   #2915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
Thanks Amit for the reply. Do the local car accessories shop have these kits ?
Sorry one more question: does scratching a wire insulation to get access to the wire conductor beneath amount to a warranty breach ?
They should do, but I wouldn't be sure of the authenticity . I would suggest you go for Connecting Kits and Cables from Focal.

Yes, scratching the wire insulation is considering tampering as well.

Please read this section for more details .

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...anty-faqs.html

Regards,
Amit
Old 4th October 2014, 10:07   #2916
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
Hello All ,

Long back in Feb ( Post # 818 Feb'14) , I posted some pics where I fiddled with the grill in Ms-paint to make it look a little better.

Reference to the same picture below

Picture of his car.

Cheers,
pdma.
In contrary, I quite like the chrome grill. I have the black city and goes really well with it. But, in a white car, the masking sure does look cool.

Regards,
Amit
AmitKumarVinay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2014, 13:55   #2917
Senior - BHPian

So, after doing 4500 kms the cumulative FE is 15-16 kmpl. All in the Delhi region. Is any i-DTEC owner getting better than this in our region cos I would like to know if I am doing something wrong and the average can be improved.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2014, 15:05   #2918
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
So, after doing 4500 kms the cumulative FE is 15-16 kmpl. All in the Delhi region. Is any i-DTEC owner getting better than this in our region cos I would like to know if I am doing something wrong and the average can be improved.

Consistently getting 21kmpl in NCR traffic over almost 15k km. AC on 100%. The best I have seen is 28kmpl over a 200km highway run. Mileage is all about driving style. Be gentle with the throttle and the car will reward you. Use the instantaneous FE bar indicator to guide you.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th October 2014, 16:00   #2919
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
Consistently getting 21kmpl in NCR traffic over almost 15k km. AC on 100%. The best I have seen is 28kmpl over a 200km highway run. Mileage is all about driving style. Be gentle with the throttle and the car will reward you. Use the instantaneous FE bar indicator to guide you.
That's really great figures. Are you alone in the car? Any luggage?
90% of the time there are at least 4 ppl with me with minimum luggage of 80 kg+ which I guess also hampers FE a bit. Also, I do some spirited driving in between.
Old 4th October 2014, 20:21   #2920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmitKumarVinay View Post
The leather seat looks real neat . I live in Chennai too. Looks like its definitely worth driving to Banglore to get me some Leather seats as well.
Definitely worth driving to Bangalore, as we don't have similar stuff in chennai
ckmraja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2014, 21:29   #2921
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
Sorry for the delayed response first of all. I went to Nainital from Faridabad. Roads are good except a 1 km stretch. And that was the most nasty one I have ever seen. As my car was fully loaded it scrapped the road few times. But I guess the roads were so bad that even my swift would have scrapped the road at all the occasions. Do you want me to send the detailed road Mao which I took for Nainital ?[/b]
I'm actually in sattal right now (15 km short of nainital). Will be leaving for delhi tomorrow morning. Can you pls tell me which route you took while coming back from nainital?
Old 4th October 2014, 22:11   #2922
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
That's really great figures. Are you alone in the car? Any luggage?
90% of the time there are at least 4 ppl with me with minimum luggage of 80 kg+ which I guess also hampers FE a bit. Also, I do some spirited driving in between.
I normally drive solo, or with one co-passenger.

On the occasions I have taken the car out, family+luggage, mileage has been around 19-21kmpl. So yes, weight matters. Otherwise, I tend to get 23-24kmpl on highways almost every time. I like to cruise lazily in sixth gear, with minimum effort of man and machine. That obviously helps.

Note that the rear tire pressure is to be bumped by 5psi if your car is being used fully loaded. Make sure you are doing that.
Old 4th October 2014, 23:06   #2923
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, had gone to Honda dealership to book City for my friend. I also had a personal interest since we will also be buying either Ciaz/City sometime in March next year.
What hit me was the obnoxious price of Honda genuine accessories. My friend booked Honda City VX MT Petrol and has opted for some accessories,whose total worth was 1.5lacs, some of whose quote given are-
1. Front Grill- Rs.15500
2. Door lower Garnish-Rs.21000-This is basically a door beading in chrome, like black door protector in Gi10
3. Door Sash Decal- Rs.15,000-This one is chrome strip around windows.
and others. I don't remember as I had a bad headache seeing the prices!!!

There was something called Aero Spoiler which we couldn't understand, whose price was Rs.57000.

Isn't it day light robbery?? Can any member confirm whether its genuine prices or is the dealer taking us for a ROYAL ride??

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th October 2014, 23:17   #2924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB16 View Post
I'm actually in sattal right now (15 km short of nainital). Will be leaving for delhi tomorrow morning. Can you pls tell me which route you took while coming back from nainital?
Hello TB16,

You may also check the below

Route : Sattal - Bhimtal - Haldwani -Rudrapur -Bilaspur - Kemri - Rampur - Muradabad - Ghaziabad - Delhi.

I found this in recent travelogue posted in the link below.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...r-kausani.html

Hope it is helpful. Drive safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Isn't it day light robbery?? Can any member confirm whether its genuine prices or is the dealer taking us for a ROYAL ride??

Regards,
Shashi
Hello Shashi,

The prices are definitely very high , however I guess they are priced that way from Honda and its not the dealer playing spoil sport here.

I found this link recently on olx just for the spoiler , you can call them for price if interested.

http://thiruvananthapuram.olx.in/new...-iid-699541480

Iam attaching the picture for your reference , from post # 590 in this thread originally posted by aniyahr on 18 Jan .

Cheers,
pdma.

Last edited by pdma : 4th October 2014 at 23:29. Reason: quoting leoshashi
pdma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2014, 23:50   #2925
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks pdma

Probably that's the reason showroom was ready to give discounts on aftermarket accessories, but not on the Honda Genuine Accessories. But the costs are way too high!!

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks