Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2014, 08:46   #2986
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorlover View Post
Friends, did a 1000km over the Dussehra in visiting Shimla and beyond from Gurgaon on VX CVT. Got a mileage of 15 before starting the climb after Chandigarh. The average mileage over the entire trip was 13.8kmpl because of the extensive mountain driving. We were four people and had a loaded boot, but never felt starved for pulling power on the hills.
Great Outdoor...I too felt that there is no power slippage on full load (passengers and boot) on my VX CVT too. I even got a feeling that the car was more powerful when fully loaded.

That mileage is really healthy considering the mountain driving.

Last edited by adarsh76 : 14th October 2014 at 08:48.
adarsh76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2014, 21:10   #2987
BHPian

Quote:
I have a Jan-14 manufactured iVtec and the air intake is at a high level. Don't know if the issue is only with some earlier idtecs?
I would not expect this problem in an iVtec. The simple reason being that the iVtec is a proven engine with the 3rd generation. Had there been any problem with the iVtec engine, a lot of the 3rd Generation City owners would have already reported it. I do not remember anybody from the 3rd Generation City owners reporting such problems.

The iDtec is fairly new and Honda might still be struggling to find a good position to mount the iDtec in the engine bay (when I say good I mean the perfect balanced position). Also, if you look at the review at the start, the iDtec engine bay has hardly any space left whereas the iVtec engine bay has loads of space available.
tejas08 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2014, 22:36   #2988
BHPian

I have still not got over the fact that the boot cover of the city feels lighter than a tin sheet. Every time you try to slam it shut, you get reminded of it. Wish they had put a "Fragile- handle with care" sticker on it 😜
Old 15th October 2014, 00:02   #2989
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
Great Outdoor...I too felt that there is no power slippage on full load (passengers and boot) on my VX CVT too. I even got a feeling that the car was more powerful when fully loaded.

Adarsh, my odometer has clocked 7800kms now and I completed my 3rd service (6mo/ 10k ) in Aug end which involved lube oil change. The engine appears to have become smoother after the first oil change and that impacts the mileage positively.
outdoorlover is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2014, 04:56   #2990
BHPian

Hello All,

If anybody is looking for good seat covers in Hyderabad , kindly find the details below

Name :Ghouse
Contact Number : 98850-54080

He owns a workshop and caters to many dealers in the city who sell the same as dealer accessories at the showrooms.

A big thank you to our MOD mobike008 for referring him.One of my close collegue recently got the seats for his City done here and he is very happy with the quality.
The range starts at 4.5K , however he went a little up the ladder and paid 6.5k as he liked the quality better in that range.

He also got some floor mats from a different shop in the same street I can get the details if anyone is interested , he paid 2k for mats.

A few pics for your reference

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-hc-seats1-3.jpg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-hc-seats1-2.jpg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-hc-seats1-1.jpg

Cheers,
pdma.

Last edited by pdma : 15th October 2014 at 04:58.
pdma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2014, 09:36   #2991
BHPian

Quote:
Adarsh, my odometer has clocked 7800kms now and I completed my 3rd service (6mo/ 10k ) in Aug end which involved lube oil change. The engine appears to have become smoother after the first oil change and that impacts the mileage positively.
Cool...The free service schedules is really tight. 6 months and 10000 kms, I guess it should have been 1 year.

At second service, I had the drive belt change done due to the grinding like sound. Since then, I'm seeing quite a different FE behavior. The bumper to bumper FE displayed in MID is now 9.1 to 9.6 kms/l instead of the earlier 7.9 to 8.8 kms/l.

Also, the overall mileage has seen an improvement. Consistently getting 12.5 to 14.2 kms/l during my house to office trip daily. This was in the range of 10.9 to 12.2 kms/l earlier.

I have clocked 4500 kms now and the 3rd service is due next month end.
adarsh76 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2014, 09:56   #2992
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
I have a Jan-14 manufactured iVtec and the air intake is at a high level. Don't know if the issue is only with some earlier idtecs?

Friends, did a 1000km over the Dussehra in visiting Shimla and beyond from Gurgaon on VX CVT. Got a mileage of 15 before starting the climb after Chandigarh. The average mileage over the entire trip was 13.8kmpl because of the extensive mountain driving. We were four people and had a loaded boot, but never felt starved for pulling power on the hills.

I'm still on the stock Michelin XM1s that came with the car, but was quite reassured to see how the car hugged the curves on the mountains as we did the numerous S and hairpins. On the steep descents, used the paddle shifters to go down and hold onto gear 2 or 1 for activating engine braking. It was quite convenient to do.

We also took in as much of the fresh mountain air, whenever we weren't in the heavy traffic, thanks to the Sunroof.

Had used Amron backrests behind the back as I was not too comfortable earlier on my back during the last long drive that I took, probably because of the upholstery stuffing being too soft. This prevented any unwelcome back pains.

On the return back, we decided to visit Chail, and then take the road to Solan which eventually joins the Shinla-Chandigarh highway. Unexpectedly encountered a river that I had to wade through enroute. Was hesitant to attempt it initially but took the plunge after seeing an old Accent making it. Went across the river without an issue.

Overall, a satisfying drive.

Missed the 3rd SHR. Drooling on the images of harleys parked. My ride is getting ready now. Maybe in 1-2 weeks I will lay my hands on it! Exitement building up. But I really don't know how I will ride it. (since it has been a long long time riding a bike)
Guys, are you on Stock tyres or have you upgraded. Mydealer has still not responded whether they will upgrade the tyres and I don't want to take a chance to upgrade and void warranty. Are the stock tyres very bad??
jesrani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2014, 10:44   #2993
BHPian

There is some news around new Motevo touchscreen infotainment to be offered for City by dealers. Am really excited to know more details but also fear that it would be priced high by Honda. Can anyone throw more light in this regard?
Old 15th October 2014, 12:03   #2994
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesrani View Post
Guys, are you on Stock tyres or have you upgraded. Mydealer has still not responded whether they will upgrade the tyres and I don't want to take a chance to upgrade and void warranty. Are the stock tyres very bad??
I do not think the stock tyres are really that bad unless you cut into corners at high speeds (say above 65 km/h). There is a slight fit for grip when you cut into corners at those speeds. But it's not very bad.

Planning to upgrade tires at 10,000 kms or once this is fully worn out. Can't do high speeds in Kerala often, thanks to the roads here. Hence, did not upgrade tires at the time of buying.
adarsh76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2014, 13:13   #2995
BHPian

Quote:
Planning to upgrade tires at 10,000 kms or once this is fully worn out. Can't do high speeds in Kerala often, thanks to the roads here. Hence, did not upgrade tires at the time of buying.
For the Honda city, The primary reason to change is for looks. The second reason is for slightly lower NVH. Last reason is cornering and breaking. At least that is my thought process. And for a 10lakh car I don't mind spending an extra 20-30k on Tyres to make them look better. The skinny Tyres just don't look that good.
Old 15th October 2014, 14:00   #2996
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aga_sahab View Post
For the Honda city, The primary reason to change is for looks. The second reason is for slightly lower NVH. Last reason is cornering and breaking. At least that is my thought process. And for a 10lakh car I don't mind spending an extra 20-30k on Tyres to make them look better. The skinny Tyres just don't look that good.
Agreed completely. The looks will change on upgraded tires. NVH on my stock Goodyear tires is good, but on a highway with rough roads, road noise does creep in though not very uncomfortable.

Another thought which came to me for not upgrading is, since mine is a petrol engine, let the engine settle in along with the stock tires to get the optimal FE. This may not be correct but that's where my thought went.
Old 15th October 2014, 16:18   #2997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitgovil2311 View Post
There is some news around new Motevo touchscreen infotainment to be offered for City by dealers. Am really excited to know more details but also fear that it would be priced high by Honda. Can anyone throw more light in this regard?
Sumit,

Please check this discussion thread

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produ...ml#post3556294

I hope you find this useful.

Regards,
Amit
AmitKumarVinay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2014, 16:25   #2998
BHPian

Quote:
Agreed completely. The looks will change on upgraded tires. NVH on my stock Goodyear tires is good, but on a highway with rough roads, road noise does creep in though not very uncomfortable.

Another thought which came to me for not upgrading is, since mine is a petrol engine, let the engine settle in along with the stock tires to get the optimal FE. This may not be correct but that's where my thought went.
Wider Tyres will increase "rolling" friction and increase air drag. I believe that the difference might be as small as 0.5km/l for petrol. I firmly believe that if air pressure is kept properly(maybe slightly high) then at low speeds there might be no observable difference. It might be more at speeds above 80km/hr where air drag is a bigger factor. I doubt it will be any worse than a hyundai verna petrol.
If FE is priority, drive diesel.
Old 15th October 2014, 16:35   #2999
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aga_sahab View Post
Guys, I'm still on the stock Michelin XM1 that came with the car. I would definitely upgrade it to XM2 when the tyres have ran bald, but am a little apprehensive to upsize them on dia or width, lest Honda refuse warranty citing this as an excuse. I could definitely consider upsizing after the extended warranty period is over, but that will take a while. I have seen several mentions of warranty being void on changing dia or width- any definitive confirmations on that?
Old 15th October 2014, 19:34   #3000
BHPian

Honda City : Official Review

I have spoken to my dealer on several occasions and to different people in the dealership regarding void of warranty if I upgrade Tyres. Every time dealer has clearly told me that there would be no warranty issues. I am seriously considering an upgrade to 195, would welcome any other info on this.

Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP

Last edited by DoctorKK : 15th October 2014 at 19:54.

Most Viewed