Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2014, 09:27   #3061
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorKK View Post
Hello friends!! Got the delivery of my Red Queen on the 23rd,the Diwali day!!
Congrats Doc. Have a happy and safe driving.
Old 27th October 2014, 14:46   #3062
BHPian

Re: Honda City : Not the Honda City it used to be

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9tMax View Post
Honda's QC surely seems to be on a downward glide.

Had test driven 2 City idtec at 2 different dealers during the weekend. Was having a serious intention of seeing her in my garage in the next few months. But sorry to say that they just didn't feel the way a `Honda' used to feel before.

In one car there was an amber color "PGM FI" warning light lit up on the instrument panel while driving. On asking the sales guy he said - hold your breath - "Sir, this is normal. It shows that fuel is getting supplied to the engine."
I felt it completely useless to even argue with this guy.

In the 2nd car at another dealership there was some serious rusting on the front left door hinge bolts.

And both the cars were sounding much worse than even a thoroughly beaten up Indica diesel. I know many idtec owners here have said on this thread itself that the sound of their new engines are much much lower than the TD vehicles. I only hope and pray that it indeed remains so over the years.

Plus - we have already started seeing quite a few reports about various niggles on the new City in this thread itself.
Belt and pulley problems in the age old and reliable ivtec engine ??? Come on Honda - what have you done in the name of cost cutting?

No offense to any City owners here. I myself went for the TD with serious intention of making this my next car. But now I have to look somewhere else I guess.
My Honda City TD vehicle was having a punctured tyre as well as seat belt warning light and sound never goes off. Sales guy said its faulty and due for service. I took TD from Dakshin Honda (Hosur Road Bangalore).
arunkk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2014, 23:17   #3063
BHPian

Quote:
Hello friends!! Got the delivery of my Red Queen on the 23rd,the Diwali day!!
Great news, have loads of happy miles together. Please try to post a few pictures if you can, also what are the accessories you bought for her.
Old 28th October 2014, 07:11   #3064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilagdr View Post
Great news, have loads of happy miles together. Please try to post a few pictures if you can, also what are the accessories you bought for her.
Thank you 😊 I got the floor mats and parking sensor free from the dealer. Apart from that,bought an idol of Lord Ganesha and Krishna( was lucky to get both in a single unit). Got a steering wheel cover( beige) as I felt the steering to be very thin and lacked good grip. Planning to buy scuff plates online.
I am facing a small issue. My Galaxy Note 2 connects well with the car and making and receiving calls is wonderful but the ICE does not read my phone book or call logs. It says,this feature is not compatible with this phone. Is anyone having the same issue with Samsung phones? My wife's Moto G connects well with no issues as with Samsung.
P.S Somehow I am not able to upload pics,it says 'user may not have permission to access this feature' Any idea what is the issue? I have uploaded pics earlier with no issues.
Old 28th October 2014, 10:12   #3065
BHPian

@doctorkk, my note 2 is on the latest firmware update, my issue is that calls are going smoothly but the music is choppy. It's as if its out of range. Using usb mostly. My s4 mini runs good with it.
Old 28th October 2014, 13:30   #3066
BHPian

All the best DoctorKK. Keep us posted of her performance. We would love to see some spics too and if possible a separate thread to share the experience. All the best again.

Quote:
I am facing a small issue. My Galaxy Note 2 connects well with the car and making and receiving calls is wonderful but the ICE does not read my phone book or call logs. It says,this feature is not compatible with this phone. Is anyone having the same issue with Samsung phones? My wife's Moto G connects well with no issues as with Samsung.
Doc, there is a small android app called Bluetooth Phonebook costing less than Rs 200. You download it to your Galaxy and then try. For me it worked well with Sadeigo 530 after that.

Sorry Mods, I missed to combine the posts.

Last edited by moralfibre : 28th October 2014 at 16:52. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 28th October 2014, 14:52   #3067
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
What has worked for me is to adjust/set the driver seat upright and sit as far back into the seat as possible ensuring that the lower back is supported by the seat with the seat sides hugging the back.

Earlier, I used to recline the seat a bit more which robbed the lower back of adequate support on long drives (> 4 hours), a more upright posture has now ensured adequate lower back support.

I've driven upto 650 KM at a stretch mulitple times, sitting on just the bare seats with the lower back pushed into the seat, and have no issues with the back.
I have a late 2012 model City. I do have a sensitive back, and I do agree with the highlighted parts of the above quote (in bold). I guess, I may have the back reclined perhaps just a bit more than most people do, but in this car I have less recline than I had in my earlier cars. Regarding the point about sitting as far back as possible in the seat is the key to having no back pain, at least in this car, I think. I have no idea though how much the driver's seat of the 2014 version differs from that of the previous version I have.
Old 28th October 2014, 16:42   #3068
BHPian

Received a call from the dealer yesterday that my VX CVT has arrived. Will do the PDI and then send the car for registration. The sales guy wanted to know what accessories I want for the car. Apart from the usual ones he is offering 'Carpet Lamination'. Does anyone here know what this is?. I have never come across this accessory here on the forum and whether it is worth going for it?.
Old 28th October 2014, 20:29   #3069
BHPian

Guys
Has anybody seen intermittent/occasional sluggishness in the City iDTECH? I have occasionally seen it and I have also seen a huge cabin noise during those bad days of the car.
I have kept note of all the Odo readings when I felt this performance setbacks. Will talk to Honda ASC on my next visit very soon.
Any inputs would be great.
Thanks
Harpreet
Old 28th October 2014, 20:38   #3070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpshah68 View Post
Received a call from the dealer yesterday that my VX CVT has arrived. Will do the PDI and then send the car for registration. The sales guy wanted to know what accessories I want for the car. Apart from the usual ones he is offering 'Carpet Lamination'. Does anyone here know what this is?. I have never come across this accessory here on the forum and whether it is worth going for it?.
Hi
Well the car comes with a carpet which laminated by default. Therefore just FYI he is not offering anything new.
All,
Am I missing something here?
Old 28th October 2014, 21:09   #3071
BHPian

Quote:
Apart from the usual ones he is offering 'Carpet Lamination'. Does anyone here know what this is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
Hi
Well the car comes with a carpet which laminated by default. Therefore just FYI he is not offering anything new.
All,
I think I know what this is. The first time I heard about it, I was also clueless till I saw a picture. See here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3538123
Old 29th October 2014, 00:27   #3072
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Guys
Has anybody seen intermittent/occasional sluggishness in the City iDTECH? I have occasionally seen it and I have also seen a huge cabin noise during those bad days of the car.
I have kept note of all the Odo readings when I felt this performance setbacks. Will talk to Honda ASC on my next visit very soon.
Any inputs would be great.
Thanks
Harpreet

Occasionally, yes. And it can be attributed to adulterated or old fuel filled up on the odd occasion. Fill some fresh diesel and it goes back to normal.
Old 29th October 2014, 08:49   #3073
BHPian

Quote:
First of all congrats of the arrival of your car. You just got yourself a beauty.

Just Exaggerating. It's a great car no doubt.

Quote:
Hi
All,
To mpshah & harpreet,

The Car comes with a beige carpet. Carpet lamination is something you over the beige carpet to keep it clean. There are two materials that can be used lamination. Plastic or Art-Leather. Post that you could use simple 4 piece Floor-Mat sets in your car.

I had earlier thought for lamination but I did not go for any carpet lamination. Instead opted for 3M nomad mats which are cut to shape of the foot-wells.

The other option is 3D Floor Mats. But I haven't heard anyone on the forum who has yet seen branded 3D Floor Mats for the Honda City 2014.

Carpet lamination has its advantages as well as disadvantages.
Old 29th October 2014, 09:13   #3074
BHPian

Quote:
I am using a Galaxy Note (GT-N7000) and it works well. Although once in a while it does give me some trouble and does not connect with the car. Does not give me any error. Just says "Phone not found". It is like it will either connect and run smoothly or not connect at all.
Old 29th October 2014, 13:42   #3075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
First of all congrats of the arrival of your car. You just got yourself a beauty.
=============
Carpet lamination has its advantages as well as disadvantages.

Thanks tejas08. Done the PDI today. Overall the car seems ok except that the right rear mudflap was hanging loose. Have drawn their attention to the issue that it should be rectified before delivery. Tyres are stock Michelin so waiting to see how they are in city driving since I don't have much of highway driving.
tejas08 if you could tell me the advantages and disadvantages of carpet lamination it would be easier for me to take a call on it.

Most Viewed