Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2014, 12:05   #301
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Anyone close enough with the sales agent to get an early peek into the rates. With the rates to be disclosed tomorrow, I am sure dealers have got the price list by now!
Old 5th January 2014, 13:47   #302
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
Just got off the phone with my sales agent and he said that the Petrol cars will only arrive Feb end and i cannot expect my car (booked in Nov) to be delivered anytime before the 1st week of March. They have received only Diesel cars and do not expect anymore cars in January. Im in such a quandary now ! Sold my car in anticipation and now i won't have my own car until March! Maybe its time to look at the Vento TSI DSG once again.
Wasn't this sort of expected? Its the same everytime with a new car launch that matches people's expectations and is a hot seller. More so with the limited production capabilities of Honda, deliveries are going to take a lot of time. But since you have waited so long, you might probably want to wait a little longer because the VW ownership experience will be a lot different than Honda.
Old 5th January 2014, 15:38   #303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
Sold my car in anticipation and now i won't have my own car until March! Maybe its time to look at the Vento TSI DSG once again.
I suggest you to wait for Honda City instead of Vento which will be soon get a facelift/revamp.
Old 5th January 2014, 22:09   #304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post

Wasn't this sort of expected? Its the same everytime with a new car launch that matches people's expectations and is a hot seller. More so with the limited production capabilities of Honda, deliveries are going to take a lot of time. But since you have waited so long, you might probably want to wait a little longer because the VW ownership experience will be a lot different than Honda.
Went and saw the car this afternoon in the dealers stockyard and came out quite pleased. The seats are super comfortable, I want everyone to sit inside to feel how soft and cushiony they are. Overall the car looks like an evolution/facelift and not a new car. Still not complaining. Its got the typical roominess honda is famous for and I have now decided to wait for the March delivery. Owned a Honda and VW in the past and I dont believe VW scores badly on the service angle. They have been very good. The dq 200 dsg is what one has to worry about.
nik_kapur is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th January 2014, 00:43   #305
Senior - BHPian

So i saw every spec of the new city at the dealers godown and here are a few pointers-

All cars get the beige/grey/black combination interior.
The lower spec cars get a grey grill and not the chrome grill
shark fin antenna missing on the lower spec cars
The manual AC controls are a lot nicer than the present city, they are chunkier.
nik_kapur is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th January 2014, 14:55   #306
Distinguished - BHPian

Motoroids have confirmed, through an official invite sent to them, that the launch of the new 2014 Honda City will be happening on 8th January, and not on the 7th, as previously reported.

Name:  xnewhondacityindialaunch.png.pagespeed.ic.y77gwr0B0j.png
Views: 5315
Size:  13.3 KB

SOURCE - http://www.motoroids.com/news/confir...nch-january-8/
Old 6th January 2014, 15:00   #307
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Motoroids have confirmed, through an official invite sent to them, that the launch of the new 2014 Honda City will be happening on 8th January, and not on the 7th, as previously reported.

My dealer says that the launch will indeed by tomorrow, ie, 7th, at around 11:30AM.
They have just called me up and confirmed this and have also said that TDs will be given from tomorrow afternoon.
Old 6th January 2014, 15:09   #308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

That's strange. I just got a call from my dealer inviting me to the launch (at the dealership) at noon tomorrow.
Old 6th January 2014, 15:21   #309
Distinguished - BHPian

Magnum Honda in Bangalore have a Launch event tomorrow at 4PM.
The Sales Executive told that the vehicle will be available for Test drive after the event.
Below is the invite that they have sent today afternoon for all the people who have made a booking.
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-honda-city-launch.jpg

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 6th January 2014 at 15:29.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2014, 15:39   #310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
That's strange. I just got a call from my dealer inviting me to the launch (at the dealership) at noon tomorrow.

Same here. My dealers called me to attend it tomorrow and formalize my booking my filing in the variant and color choice.
Old 6th January 2014, 15:50   #311
BHPian

Yes , got a call from my SA as well.He informed me that the launch is tomorrow and by afternoon he will have all the details regarding OTR and any other details that I would be interested in.

cheers,
pdma.
Old 6th January 2014, 16:06   #312
BHPian

Even i have got an invite through email and phone call from Arya Honda Prabhadevi for attending the launch event tomorrow at 13.00 hours. The email confirms that the diesel car will be available for test drive post the launch.
Old 6th January 2014, 17:21   #313
BHPian

I personally dont like the chunky chrome grill, it looks little old and classic. love the interiors and fit and finish. hope it breaks the verna's sales and its sibling amaze
Old 6th January 2014, 17:32   #314

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post
Anyone close enough with the sales agent to get an early peek into the rates. With the rates to be disclosed tomorrow, I am sure dealers have got the price list by now!
VX P @ INR 12.5 OTR BLR
rakeshvarma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2014, 17:55   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pats View Post
Even i have got an invite through email and phone call from Arya Honda Prabhadevi for attending the launch event tomorrow at 13.00 hours. The email confirms that the diesel car will be available for test drive post the launch.
Apex Honda in Sion told me that I wouldn't be able to test drive the car tomorrow as the test drive cars would be coming in 3-4 days. Looks like Arya Honda gets preferential treatment!

Most Viewed