Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2014, 22:26   #3136
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
For me low beam in Stock bulbs is just adequate. It's the high beam which I am not satisfied with on high speeds. So, is it advisable to go for Xtreme vision in high beam?
I have Osram NBU for both High and Low beams. Although the performance is better than the stock bulbs, I am not happy with the throw of High beam and surely it is inadequate for a highway drive.

Meanwhile I have noticed fogging of both headlamps and reported the matter to ASS. They informed me that this is normal. Not satisfied I mailed Honda customer care who in turn forwarded the mail to the same ASS. The reply from the ASS is pasted below:
Dear Sir

First of all we apologize for the inconvenience caused to you in this regard.

This regarding your Honda Car KL-05 - XXXX

Regarding the concern of headlight fog, we already tested your car and communicated to you, this is a natural phenomenon and not a defect in the part.

The said phenomenon occurs due to condensation of air within headlight due in difference in temperature within and outside the headlight. While observation of your car the fog formation disappeared with change in air temperature and no water ingress was detected.

You would appreciate the same phenomenon happens on glass filled with cold water, windshield/window glass in rainy/winter season etc.

Please be assured that your car is in pristine condition and covered under Honda care program of HSCI.

We assure you our best service at all the times.

Regards,

Last edited by anilagdr : 5th November 2014 at 22:33.
anilagdr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2014, 23:38   #3137
BHPian

Yesterday, met with a minor accident. A biker came from nowhere and hit the right side of my car damaging the ORVM and scratching both the doors, front fender. Gave the car to the workshop for repairs and filled in insurance claim form and other formalities. In the evening, I get a call from the surveyor and he informs me that he is not going to approve the rear door claim in the incident. According to him, the scratch on the rear door is from another incident. I was shocked to hear that!! I asked him, what made him conclude that? He was not able to answer it and was just adamant on his facts. Guys, you would be surprised to know that this fellow didn’t even see the car in person at workshop, he sent someone who took few shots of the car. When I asked him to visit the workshop to inspect the car, he straight away denied and was asking to see him in his office with my damaged car.

I have escalated it with his higher authorities as he was not polite on the call and was taking me for granted. What happened next was kind of another shock! Holy S##%, these guys are unprofessional too. They don’t know how to talk to their customers, I don’t think they are going to be helpful either.

I am going to talk/escalate this with Honda Assure as they have selected my insurer without even taking my approval (even I couldn’t check on that as I was quiet excited on getting my Japanese beauty). I am sure they might be getting a little higher margin from IFFCO TOKIO compared to other insurance companies.

YES, MY CAR’S INSURANCE IS FROM IFFCO TOKIO.

My humble request to all the prospective buyers of Honda city who are going with zero dep cover from Honda Assure, please make sure to select the insurer rather than Honda selecting it on your behalf. NEVER EVER GO FOR IFFCO TOKIO ATLEAST.

Few of the pics of the unfortunate incident:

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20141103-21.56.22.jpg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20141103-21.52.10.jpg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20141103-21.52.25.jpg
feroz_009 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2014, 00:16   #3138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
I can let go it. But when checked on Snapdeal, can see many variants of car covers for City. Which one should I choose.
This may be tricky to buy online. My personal advice is to check with any accessories dealer in person so that you can physically see the quality along with the fit before you pay for the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post

All cars and bikes come with a dry battery which does not require any topping up of distilled or anything.

Hello Tejas ,

May be you are right as the car I last sold was 7 years old and currently I dont have any ride with me . My comment earlier was from the experience I had with my earlier car battery .

Quote:
Originally Posted by feroz_009 View Post
Few of the pics of the unfortunate incident:
I feel bad for the unfortunate incident , also I never knew that Honda assure is more like a third part administrator and the actual insurance company is different. I always though that the Honda Assure is in house insurer from Honda.
However I strongly think that they just cannot deny the claim and I have never come across in person or read about an experience where the customer is asked to come to the insurance office with the vehicle.
Thank You for sharing this info Feroz , please keep us posted.

Cheers,
pdma.

Last edited by pdma : 6th November 2014 at 00:26.
pdma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2014, 09:16   #3139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilagdr View Post
Meanwhile I have noticed fogging of both headlamps and reported the matter to ASS. They informed me that this is normal. Not satisfied I mailed Honda customer care who in turn forwarded the mail to the same ASS. The reply from the ASS is pasted below:
This happened to me also once and reported to Service. As per them also, this is a natural phenomenon and we are having some high humidity levels in Kerala.

However, Peninsular Honda informed me that the next time I find it, take a picture and show them.
Old 6th November 2014, 09:22   #3140
BHPian

Quote:
YES, MY CAR’S INSURANCE IS FROM IFFCO TOKIO.
Yes, we will really feel upset for no fault of ours. Keeping this in mind, I had taken the Honda Assure bumper to bumper insurance. The insurance company is Royal Sundaram.

I too had a similar incident. The left fender was dented slightly and the left side of bumper was also scratched. All the repairs were done in 3 days time and the amount I spend is 1000 rupees as claim charges.

If this is the case with IFFCO TOKIO then we should avoid taking it. Feroz, I guess there is a facility of contacting the insurance ombudsman for issues like these.

Last edited by adarsh76 : 6th November 2014 at 09:24.
adarsh76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2014, 12:53   #3141
BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday, met with a minor accident.
Oh. Sad to here that. I had some thing similar in my Logan due to an irresponsible biker an year back. But the damage was limited to the Driver side Rear View mirror assembly breaking off and was replaced.

I am further pained to know the irresponsible support by the Insurance Company. In my City I went for Royal Sundaram and I hope they will be better.

Please do keep us posted about how it goes further.
Old 6th November 2014, 13:52   #3142
BHPian

I spoke to Ramesh babu, who is the regional head of IFFCO TOKIO. I was shocked to hear his version. According to him, if a bike is involved in a car accident, the scratches and dent will only come on the upper region.
He also mentions that he has more than 10 years of experience in surveying and he is kind of Accident illusionist

I realized that there is no use of talking to these guys. So, I am gonna meet the insurance head of Honda Assure (Pride Honda, Hyderabad) today evening.

Will keep posted on this. This is becoming interesting now!!

GTO: I think, with so many bad experiences in different departments (quality, insurance, service) by almost all the owners of the 4th Generation Honda city. Honda cars have no longer the advantage of "reliability & fuss-free ownership experiences".

The point mentioned in the ownership thread
"• Honda's reliability & fuss-free ownership experiences" doesn't go well with Honda anymore.
Old 6th November 2014, 16:11   #3143
BHPian

Quote:
I am gonna meet the insurance head of Honda Assure (Pride Honda, Hyderabad) today evening.

Will keep posted on this. This is becoming interesting now!!
Unfortunate incident Feroz and they make matters worse by being so obstinate. Please also involve Honda 121, they will make these guys see some sense. Also Honda Assure gives you the option of selecting the Insurer, perhaps since you didnt make a choice, they went with their most cost effective partner.

As suggested, you should get the Insurance ombudsman involved too.

HYDERABAD
Office of the Insurance Ombudsman,
6-2-46, 1st floor, "Moin Court"
Lane Opp. Saleem Function Palace,
A. C. Guards, Lakdi-Ka-Pool,
Hyderabad - 500 004.
Tel.:- 040-23325325/23312122
Fax:- 040-23376599
Email:- insombudhyd@gmail.com

source : http://www.policyholder.gov.in/Addre...Ombudsmen.aspx

Good Luck with the repairs. (the body shop guys in Honda are pretty good though)
uday.ere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2014, 16:37   #3144
BHPian

Quote:
I spoke to Ramesh babu, who is the regional head of IFFCO TOKIO. I was shocked to hear his version. According to him, if a bike is involved in a car accident, the scratches and dent will only come on the upper region.
Feroz, if you file a case with Traffic police, they will be giving you a document (forgot the name of document) which can be produced to the insurance company. I don't think IFFCO will be able to deny that. Mine was a hit and run, so I'd filed a case.
adarsh76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2014, 17:26   #3145
BHPian

Quote:

He also mentions that he has more than 10 years of experience in surveying and he is kind of Accident illusionist .
This is the most pathetic explanation I have ever heard of!! Infact just the day after I took delivery of my car, I was patiently waiting at a red light when a biker slammed the rear left bumper totally putting my mood off( he was trying to get past me but there was minimal space between the car and footpath) I had to get out of the car and scream at him. The damage was the reflector,the lowest part of the bumper, broke partially and a couple of unnoticeable scratch at the lowermost bumper. I called the honda showroom and was informed that the reflector costed 220 bucks( which the biker was happy enough to give me and save his life from me!!)
So damaged part was really the lower region only. I also have royal Sundaram insurance from Honda assure. My father in law has the same insurance for his Maruti and there was no issue in claiming.
Old 6th November 2014, 18:47   #3146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post

As suggested, you should get the Insurance ombudsman involved too.

HYDERABAD
Office of the Insurance Ombudsman,
6-2-46, 1st floor, "Moin Court"
Lane Opp. Saleem Function Palace,
A. C. Guards, Lakdi-Ka-Pool,
Hyderabad - 500 004.
Tel.:- 040-23325325/23312122
Fax:- 040-23376599
Email:- insombudhyd@gmail.com

source : http://www.policyholder.gov.in/Addre...Ombudsmen.aspx

Good Luck with the repairs. (the body shop guys in Honda are pretty good though)
Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
If this is the case with IFFCO TOKIO then we should avoid taking it. Feroz, I guess there is a facility of contacting the insurance ombudsman for issues like these.
Thanks for the suggestion, guys! Will keep a note of this for future reference.

I met Mr. Aditya (Insurance Manager, Pride Honda), everything was resolved with just a phone call from him to respective authorities at IFFCO TOKIO, I should have met him in first place.

The image/brand value of a company are damaged by few unprofessional people who are placed at a designation which they don't deserve.I was not asking any favor from the insurance company, I have just lodged a claim which was genuine one, and there was no point in rejecting it. Adding more pain to this process was the bad attitude of the Surveyor / Approver.

Anyways, I am thankful to Mr Aditya for resolving this issue.

Even now, after the resolution, if you ask me about IFFCO TOKIO, the answer would be a big NOOOOO!!!
Old 6th November 2014, 18:55   #3147
BHPian

Quote:
I met Mr. Aditya (Insurance Manager, Pride Honda), everything was resolved with just a phone call from him to respective authorities at IFFCO TOKIO, I should have met him in first place.
Good to know everything has been resolved to your satisfaction.
Old 6th November 2014, 20:14   #3148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilagdr View Post
Meanwhile I have noticed fogging of both headlamps and reported the matter to ASS. They informed me that this is normal. Not satisfied I mailed Honda customer care who in turn forwarded the mail to the same ASS.
I noticed this phenomenon last month while I was in the mountains near Shimla. My car was parked in the open and the lights had a lot of moisture in them in the morning which went away as the outside temperature rose.
Old 7th November 2014, 12:56   #3149
BHPian

Quote:
Glad to hear that the issue has been solved. Stunned by the work ethics of IFFCO guys. A few such incidents will really kill there business. By this attitude they are making our lives miserable and are not doing any good to the name of the organisation that pays them. we should be happy that there are people like Mr Aditya also. Thumbs up for your relentless effort. All the best.
Old 9th November 2014, 11:41   #3150

Hello all!

Here is a picture of our steed. The Honda City V MT iVTEC.4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_2265.jpg
sandeepravi is online now   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed