Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2014, 17:38   #3196
Senior - BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
Have you fitted them? How do they perform with respect to the stock bulbs in the areas of illumination and throw? I would love to see the pictures of illumination by both if possible.

I think your decision to stick with Osram Hb3-NBUs was a good one. How do NBU/HB3 perform for High beam requirements?
I hope Osram H3 - NBUs cost almost double of Philips X-treme Vision HB3 ones. My worry is that NBUs have a minimum life of 110 Hrs and Hours for 63% failure as 210 Hrs. that worries me. Philips has 200 and 400 Hrs as per spec. But when the Philips X-treme vision HB3s don't perform better than stock ones what is the point in going for them?
I have taken the pictures of before and after - haven't got time to download them from camera and post them yet. The difference is visible in the pictures as well. I will post them this weekend.

I have not changed the High Beam. The Low Beams while the brightness is higher, the throw is not too much of a difference I felt since its targeted/focused that way. Will post the pictures for everyone to decide.
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2014, 20:49   #3197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
I have taken the pictures of before and after - haven't got time to download them from camera and post them yet. The difference is visible in the pictures as well. I will post them this weekend.

I have not changed the High Beam. The Low Beams while the brightness is higher, the throw is not too much of a difference I felt since its targeted/focused that way. Will post the pictures for everyone to decide.
Eagerly waiting to see the before and after photos. I am interested in the performance of the nightbreakers in high beams only because low beams I am satisfied with xtreme vision .
Old 15th November 2014, 06:31   #3198
BHPian

Got delivery of my Red Carnelian i-Dtec VX yesterday from Dream Honda, Vapi. The delivery process was smooth. The car looks very good in this color so am happy that I got this instead of the Urban Titanium I had earlier booked. But it is going to be difficult to maintain.
Got the wheels immediately changed to 195/60R15 Michelin 3ST, for Rs.6,300 a piece and got decent buyback of Rs.3,000 for the MRF's.
Got the bulbs changed to Phillips HB3 100W for high beam and H11 65W extreme vision for low beams on the shop fllow's recommendation..
Also fitted SS scuff plates from accessories shop.
Took a drive of about 35 kms and must say the initial impressions are very good, compared to my SX4 ZXi. The car drives very well, is really comfortable, gears are superb and acceleration was quick and very linear without any lag. Loved the car.
The Music System is good and was streaming the audio from my Mobile without any issues. Sound quality is good.
The sound quality of the bluetooth phone system is also very good.
The touch AC is nice and something of a Novelty but not very good to operate when driving as you have to take eyes off the road.
Suspension was good with just me seated.
The leg space in front good and drivers seat too is comfortable even for my height 6'2". But I had to take the seat down to be comfortable, something I am not used to in SX4.
Though there is no dead pedal, there is space to rest your foot to the left of the clutch.
Fit and finish is top notch I feel.

The headbeam was poor, even after the upgrade. I never could see how the stock lights performed as I changed them immediately. Now the low beams have a good throw but the high beam seems to just to straight on and not making much difference. Any solution to this?

Overall very happy and looking forward to understanding all features and comfortable highway drives and road trips.

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20141114_150709.jpg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20141114_150723.jpg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20141114_154611.jpg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20141114_192101.jpg
jesrani is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th November 2014, 06:43   #3199
BHPian

Congrats jesrani!! In my opinion too the red looks fantastic on the city,though difficult to maintain. Wish you a great drive.
DoctorKK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2014, 08:19   #3200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesrani View Post
Got delivery of my Red Carnelian i-Dtec VX yesterday from Dream Honda, Vapi.
Congratulations Jesrani. Wonderful color choice. 100 watts not able to throw enought light? You could have gone for a hid kit with okay from your dealer I suppose.

All the best. Enjoy your ride.
Seran Manian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2014, 11:00   #3201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got delivery of my Red Carnelian i-Dtec VX yesterday from Dream Honda, Vapi. The delivery process was smooth. The car looks very good in this color so am happy that I got this instead of the Urban Titanium I had earlier booked. But it is going to be difficult to maintain.
Got the wheels immediately changed to 195/60R15 Michelin 3ST, for Rs.6,300 a piece and got decent buyback of Rs.3,000 for the MRF's.
Got the bulbs changed to Phillips HB3 100W for high beam and H11 65W extreme vision for low beams on the shop fllow's recommendation..
Also fitted SS scuff plates from accessories shop.
Congratulations on the new Buy! Wish you many miles of happy and safe driving. I guess Honda is not improving with respect to the tyres being provided You bought the top end and still they hand out the MRFs as the default.
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2014, 14:59   #3202
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations Jesrani. Wonderful color choice. 100 watts not able to throw enought light? You could have gone for a hid kit with okay from your dealer I suppose.

All the best. Enjoy your ride.
I don't really have knowledge of HID kit and not sure this dealership would too. The 100W has more power but the low beam is already having an improved throw so maybe the high beam is not so effective. Maybe I will get used to it. Anyway I don't drive much at night since my eyes are sensitive to light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Congratulations on the new Buy! Wish you many miles of happy and safe driving. I guess Honda is not improving with respect to the tyres being provided You bought the top end and still they hand out the MRFs as the default.
Absolutely right.
I think in smaller towns they may not be sending the Michelins at all. They could have rather kept the different brands for different variations. If the top end doesn't deserve the Michelins I wonder what does.
Old 15th November 2014, 15:04   #3203
BHPian

Quote:
Absolutely right.
I think in smaller towns they may not be sending the Michelins at all. They could have rather kept the different brands for different variations. If the top end doesn't deserve the Michelins I wonder what does.
Congrats Jesrani. The car looks great.

Well me too disappointed with the tyres. It's Goodyear for my car. (VX CVT).
adarsh76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2014, 16:36   #3204
Senior - BHPian

AFAIK it's completely random which car will get which tyres from the day City was launched. It doesn't matter if the car is Top or bottom model. Don't know why Manufacturers can't provide same brand of tyres in all variants. It's a bulk buy anyways.
Old 15th November 2014, 16:44   #3205
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I think your decision to stick with Osram Hb3-NBUs was a good one. How do NBU/HB3 perform for High beam requirements?
I hope Osram H3 - NBUs cost almost double of Philips X-treme Vision HB3 ones. My worry is that NBUs have a minimum life of 110 Hrs and Hours for 63% failure as 210 Hrs. that worries me. Philips has 200 and 400 Hrs as per spec. But when the Philips X-treme vision HB3s don't perform better than stock ones what is the point in going for them?
I am into hardcore night driving and have an awesome lighting setup on my other highway-use car. As such, it came as quite a shock, how bad the stock high beam of the City was. Since the criteria was maximum improvement in illumination, I really didn't think much about bulb life. NBUs are reputed to provide slightly better performance than XTreme Vision, so I put my money into NBU. So far, so good.
Old 16th November 2014, 10:01   #3206
Senior - BHPian

As promised I have posted details of my NBU Experience on my Ownership Thread here: 2014 City Ownership
Old 16th November 2014, 12:39   #3207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
AFAIK it's completely random which car will get which tyres from the day City was launched. It doesn't matter if the car is Top or bottom model. Don't know why Manufacturers can't provide same brand of tyres in all variants. It's a bulk buy anyways.

Yes I too agree with this. I fortunately got Michelin for my 'V' whereas the car next in delivery line after me was a 'Vx' fitted with MRF. With the difference in cost of Michelin and other tyres one really feels robbed off.
Old 16th November 2014, 22:00   #3208
BHPian

A run of the mill question.
I am in the market for a C+ sedan and considering a city iVTEC. My usage is around 10k per year, with couple of 1000km+ long drives thrown in. I think a petrol is good for this usage.
I am in a dilemma if I should go for a SV vs VX. Any thread on team BHP that I can refer to? I did a bit of search with no luck.
Old 17th November 2014, 06:13   #3209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravinemala View Post
A run of the mill question.
I am in the market for a C+ sedan and considering a city iVTEC. My usage is around 10k per year, with couple of 1000km+ long drives thrown in. I think a petrol is good for this usage.
I am in a dilemma if I should go for a SV vs VX. Any thread on team BHP that I can refer to? I did a bit of search with no luck.
A petrol would be suitable for your usage i think. I think there is a V option also which is more VFM. Think about petrol automatic.
jesrani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2014, 15:34   #3210
BHPian

Friends,got my car back after all the cosmetic work and really satisfied with the quality of work and commitment by the guys at the shop. Attaching pics for reference. The following work was carried out:
-Protected with hard coating-Gyeon Q2 Mohs
- Windshield, side mirrors with hydrophobic coating
- Heat resistant alloy coating and tyre coating
- External plastic parts,headlights and tail lamps protected with coating.
Drove the car in rain and the effect of hydrophobic coating was very much evident.
The car looks great and just a dusting by jopasu car duster is enough to bring shine.
Attached Thumbnails
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20141115_085911.jpg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20141115_084439.jpg  

Attached Images

DoctorKK is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed