Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-219.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SumitBahl (Post 3588768)
Yes it works. I tried it with a friends OBD Bluetooth scanner. He had an app on android device to connect via bluetooth.
The app showed RPM, Speed, oil temperature, engine temperature among many other things.
You can also clock 0-100 timing on the app which is fun.

[Noob warning]

Will the connection/usage of the OBD device and associated software applications affect the vehicle's warranty?

I am pretty sure that the answer would be a "NO" since all the discussions so far seem to describe a listen only mode. Still have to ask!

Has Honda, in their infinite wisdom, prohibited the usage of that interface somewhere in their small print?
[/Noob Warning]

In my opinion it should not affect the warranty.

The OBD port is provided for trouble shooting and analysis. By using an OBD scanner and relevant application, if you are just using the data for your own analysis and no where you are modifying any parameters then it should not affect the warranty.

It shouldn't affect the warranty. But I really wonder what their faces would be when asked the same. Since the guys just mug up the info, it would be interesting to see and hear their response... :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshBabu (Post 3589599)
SumitBahl the OBD scanner also provides data like fuel consumption, KM to empty etc. Were you able to validate these readings with the values displayed by the Car Information system? I use same ELM 327 to check these parameters in Etios, just curious to know the accuracy of these devices.

Yes, it does show all the data, but I haven't compared. I shall do that soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sun_king (Post 3589732)
[Noob warning]

Will the connection/usage of the OBD device and associated software applications affect the vehicle's warranty?

I am pretty sure that the answer would be a "NO" since all the discussions so far seem to describe a listen only mode. Still have to ask!

Has Honda, in their infinite wisdom, prohibited the usage of that interface somewhere in their small print?
[/Noob Warning]

It cannot clear any error codes, its just a diagnostic tool. I dont think there should be a problem with warranty.

If one wants to cautious, dont mention it to the dealership. You can ask them to use their OBD scanner if you already know that there is a problem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sun_king (Post 3589732)
[Noob warning]

Will the connection/usage of the OBD device and associated software applications affect the vehicle's warranty?

I am pretty sure that the answer would be a "NO" since all the discussions so far seem to describe a listen only mode. Still have to ask!

Has Honda, in their infinite wisdom, prohibited the usage of that interface somewhere in their small print?
[/Noob Warning]

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshBabu (Post 3589764)
In my opinion it should not affect the warranty.

The OBD port is provided for trouble shooting and analysis. By using an OBD scanner and relevant application, if you are just using the data for your own analysis and no where you are modifying any parameters then it should not affect the warranty.

Quote:

Originally Posted by knight.rider (Post 3589979)
It shouldn't affect the warranty. But I really wonder what their faces would be when asked the same. Since the guys just mug up the info, it would be interesting to see and hear their response... :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SumitBahl (Post 3590002)
Yes, it does show all the data, but I haven't compared. I shall do that soon.



It cannot clear any error codes, its just a diagnostic tool. I dont think there should be a problem with warranty.

If one wants to cautious, dont mention it to the dealership. You can ask them to use their OBD scanner if you already know that there is a problem.

I had been using an ELM 327 wifi device to iOS on my Amaze . The connection somehow was intermittent and hence returned the device.

Its a plug n play device and will not affect warranty in anyway

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsathyap (Post 3588226)
After reading a lot of posts on the perceived quality deterioration from Honda, I was having a bit of a negative cloud in my head that Honda have probably skimped on the new City. But, after driving the car on the highway, that grey feeling is gone completely and I am very happy that I bought a Honda. I don't think there is any other car in this segment that ticks all the boxes one wishes for at this price point - considering the Verna's nauseating back seat drive and high service costs, VW and Skoda's questionable reliability and service (and Maruti's absence in this segment when I booked the car), it's a great buy!

It's still a Honda at heart and that fact was well established during this drive.

I second your thoughts here. And this is all due to the expectations that one sets with Honda badge. This car does have it's piece of niggles, but most of them are good enough to live with. However its the character of this car which sets it class apart, be it any generation. I am in love with my iVTec for sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedsatya (Post 3590184)
I had been using an ELM 327 wifi device to iOS on my Amaze . The connection somehow was intermittent and hence returned the device.

Its a plug n play device and will not affect warranty in anyway

Satya, as far as I know wireless connections to iOS does have issues. But you can use a cable connection which might not cause connection problems. Only problem is cable will dangle in the cabin unless you find a way to stick it in a proper way.

Guys, this looks like a later version of the device, though it specifies that it's not for the IOS. http://http://www.ebay.in/itm/161487915716
The remaining specs are the same as the earlier one, except that it does not say it can "clear trouble codes and turn off the MIL ("Check Engine" light)", which I think is good, since the warning lights serve a purpose.
The price is also practically the same, considering they charge Rs. 69 for shipping the earlier one outside Bangalore, while this is free all over India for the later one.
Cheers

friends who are still waiting on their honda city... any update on delivery dates? i have booked my VMT on 26th sept. its been 2 months and the SA still thinks within 3.5 mths for delivery. i was delighted to hear about increased production of city but it hasnt reduced my wait time so far.
what about other folks here? are you getting your honda delivered ahead than promised? Curiously the SA twice asked if i was going in for a loan... would a complete payment matter for delivery times?

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsathyap (Post 3588226)
I finished a long pending Highway drive on my iVtec City V last weekend. Highway behaviour is very different from that in the city.

Yet to do mine, just counting the days to Christmas and these words make the wait even more painful, will be going from Bangalore to Thrissur, Kerala. So far have driven close to 2000 km in Bangalore city, less than 50 of them in 5th gear. That is intolerable cruelty to an iVTEC.
Quote:

After reading a lot of posts on the perceived quality deterioration from Honda, I was having a bit of a negative cloud in my head that Honda have probably skimped on the new City. But, after driving the car on the highway, that grey feeling is gone completely and I am very happy that I bought a Honda. I don't think there is any other car in this segment that ticks all the boxes one wishes for at this price point - considering the Verna's nauseating back seat drive and high service costs, VW and Skoda's questionable reliability and service (and Maruti's absence in this segment when I booked the car), it's a great buy!

It's still a Honda at heart and that fact was well established during this drive.
http://india.jdpower.com/sites/defau..._Final_Rev.pdf

Just one more niggle than than the segment average, I can live with that.

Hi,
Does any of you know if any Honda showroom in Bangalore has an All New City CVT vehicle for test drive?

Have tried all 3 - Whitefield, Dakshin and Magnum without any success.:Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by sun_king (Post 3590688)
http://india.jdpower.com/sites/defau..._Final_Rev.pdf

Just one more niggle than than the segment average, I can live with that.

This study was conducted between Nov 2013 and July 2014. Since, the New City was given to customers starting March 2014, the Honda City in this study would be most probably the 3rd generation.

That's my guess.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WishboneAsh (Post 3590658)
friends who are still waiting on their honda city... any update on delivery dates? i have booked my VMT on 26th sept. its been 2 months and the SA still thinks within 3.5 mths for delivery. i was delighted to hear about increased production of city but it hasnt reduced my wait time so far.
what about other folks here? are you getting your honda delivered ahead than promised? Curiously the SA twice asked if i was going in for a loan... would a complete payment matter for delivery times?

I booked my Honda City VX CVT in the first week of Nov. No update from SA as of yet, I am keeping my fingers crossed for a Jan delivery :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarshVShrotriya (Post 3590747)
Hi,
Does any of you know if any Honda showroom in Bangalore has an All New City CVT vehicle for test drive?

Have tried all 3 - Whitefield, Dakshin and Magnum without any success.:Frustrati

The SA at Magnum Honda said that there is only one CVT test vehicle in Bangalore and is being shared by all the dealers. He has promised to call me once it is available at Magnum, it has been 3 weeks already and still no call from SA. Nonetheless I have already booked a CVT VX trim and waiting for anticipated delivery date sometime early next year :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by adarsh76 (Post 3590749)
This study was conducted between Nov 2013 and July 2014. Since, the New City was given to customers starting March 2014, the Honda City in this study would be most probably the 3rd generation.

That's my guess.

Close, but not entirely true. The launch was in November 2013 and the iDTEC deliveries started by mid-January, if not earlier. I would go under the assumption that the 3rd Generation City would not have sold in any significant numbers between November 2013 and January 2014. (With a new model in the offing, would you invest 10L for an outgoing design?)

Logically, the 2014 ANHCs would have an overwhelming numerical advantage for this survey and hence I wish to believe that the numbers are for the new model!

Quote:

Originally Posted by WishboneAsh (Post 3590658)
friends who are still waiting on their honda city... would a complete payment matter for delivery times?


OK. Let me tell you a prevalent dealership practice here. :D

Sometimes the dealership has a car in stock which they want to liquidate before the month end to achieve their monthly sales target in order to achieve higher dealership ranking.

That time, suppose a customer whose car has been arrived, for some reason is unable to pay the amount or is cancelling or postponing the purchase, in that case the Sales Executives are ordered to bring in ANY customer who is able to purchase it on ASAP basis, either by complete outright payment or immediately on loan basis.

Here, SEs usually gun after outright buyers only and hence call up all the HOT-A (those who really want to buy) customers they know to enquire if they are able to purchase it on immediate basis.

This is like first-cum-first-serve type allotment. SO, you know now why he is calling you to enquire.

Hope this helps. :)


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:19.