Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2014, 15:55   #3286
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun_king View Post
Close, but not entirely true. The launch was in November 2013 and the iDTEC deliveries started by mid-January, if not earlier. I would go under the assumption that the 3rd Generation City would not have sold in any significant numbers between November 2013 and January 2014. (With a new model in the offing, would you invest 10L for an outgoing design?)

Logically, the 2014 ANHCs would have an overwhelming numerical advantage for this survey and hence I wish to believe that the numbers are for the new model!
Then it should be correct. I think the Petrol model started deliveries only by March. I'm sure on this for Trivandrum and Cochin locations. Not sure for other cities.
Old 28th November 2014, 17:42   #3287
BHPian

Gonna order the Osram HB3 NBU for my high beam replacement and will try doing a high beam comparo with stock. Any idea if the Powerbulbs.com "free gift" W5W bulbs will be usable on any of the other fittings on the 2014 City?
Old 29th November 2014, 09:07   #3288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakv View Post
Gonna order the Osram HB3 NBU for my high beam replacement and will try doing a high beam comparo with stock. Any idea if the Powerbulbs.com "free gift" W5W bulbs will be usable on any of the other fittings on the 2014 City?
I dont think night breakers would be effective in high beams. Try out a higher wattage bulb. I am trying to install a hid kit in the high beams hoping to get a brighter light throw. No gurantees though because of the poor high beam design.
Old 29th November 2014, 14:14   #3289
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakv View Post
Using NBU HB3, definite improvement over the stock high beam. The free W5W bulbs are pretty much useless. Mine must be lying somewhere in the drawer.
Old 29th November 2014, 14:27   #3290
Senior - BHPian

I am going to do a 1000km highway trip. 3 People in the car with decent amount of luggage. What is the ideal tyre pressure to maintain?
Old 29th November 2014, 15:49   #3291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastraj View Post
I dont think night breakers would be effective in high beams. Try out a higher wattage bulb. I am trying to install a hid kit in the high beams hoping to get a brighter light throw. No gurantees though because of the poor high beam design.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
Using NBU HB3, definite improvement over the stock high beam. The free W5W bulbs are pretty much useless. Mine must be lying somewhere in the drawer.
I have Phillips HB3 100W in the high beams and don't find them too good. Never checked out the stock beam as I changed immediately. But the high beam throw seems to be too high to be effective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
I am going to do a 1000km highway trip. 3 People in the car with decent amount of luggage. What is the ideal tyre pressure to maintain?
I am also interested in knowing this as I am doing a small road trip in January. I have Michelin 3ST 195/60R15 fitted.
Old 29th November 2014, 15:56   #3292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesrani View Post
I am also interested in knowing this as I am doing a small road trip in January. I have Michelin 3ST 195/60R15 fitted.
Try this:

Fill 36 all around drive around 30-40 km on highway. Increase and decrease pressure depending upon the steering, suspension feedback.
abhibh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2014, 19:49   #3293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Try this:

Fill 36 all around drive around 30-40 km on highway. Increase and decrease pressure depending upon the steering, suspension feedback.
Tyre pressures recommended by Honda is 32 at the front and 30 at the back for speeds less than 160 km/h. 35 and 32 for speeds above 160.

What is the advantage of having 36 all round? Will there be a good road grip with higher tyre pressure?
Old 29th November 2014, 20:00   #3294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
Tyre pressures recommended by Honda is 32 at the front and 30 at the back for speeds less than 160 km/h. 35 and 32 for speeds above 160.

What is the advantage of having 36 all round? Will there be a good road grip with higher tyre pressure?
I use 32 in front and rear both during City usage as I have considerable weight in the car.
For highway I was thinking of 33 in front and rear. Or 34?
Cos 36 seems too high.
Old 29th November 2014, 20:56   #3295
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Try this:

Quote:
I use 32 in front and rear both during City usage as I have considerable weight in the car.
For highway I was thinking of 33 in front and rear. Or 34?
Cos 36 seems too high.
Keep the rear tires at 36psi if you will have 3 at the back + luggage. Otherwise, the rear wobbles a bit at times and the car scrapes often. Also, pick up and mileage drop. I get a solid 24-25kmpl on highways, solo. When the car is loaded, it drops to 19-20kmpl if you don't bump up the tire pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesrani View Post
I have Phillips HB3 100W in the high beams and don't find them too good. Never checked out the stock beam as I changed immediately. But the high beam throw seems to be too high to be effective.
The issue with the high beam is with the optics, not the bulbs themselves. The optics spread the light instead of making a parallel focused beam. This is great for highways with proper reflectors, lane markings and signage, like the ones in Gujarat. You can literally see a mile at night. But on regular Indian roads, all the light is lost all around and you don't get focused illumination in front of you.

Guess they didn't Indian-ize the high beam.

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 29th November 2014 at 21:08.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2014, 21:24   #3296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
Its right below the steering. Behind the lever used for tilting the steering.
Sumit, I'm some how not able to locate the OBD2 port. I can find one socket which is connected by two LAN type cable adapters.

I tried to google to find some images for the location of the port. Couldn't find for the 2014 model.
Old 30th November 2014, 00:40   #3297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
Sumit, I'm some how not able to locate the OBD2 port. I can find one socket which is connected by two LAN type cable adapters.

I tried to google to find some images for the location of the port. Couldn't find for the 2014 model.
Check right below the steering at the left side.
abhibh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2014, 01:26   #3298
BHPian

I called up one of the Honda dealers in Hyderabad to enquire about VMT (P), the sales guy said VMT would take a month easily, and he would ensure that I get it from the immediate stock of cars which he would receive. However he said there's a SVMT (P) readily available which was allotted to someone else who wasn't being able to obtain finance for it. He said the only diff is steel wheels and no turn indicators on ORVMs. The puzzling thing was that he told me SVMT comes with a 7" CASKA HU with navigation which is much more superior to the stock one in VMT. Now is this true, as the website doesn't mention it. Your suggestions and inputs are welcome.
Old 30th November 2014, 07:40   #3299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeledsoul View Post
He said the only diff is steel wheels and no turn indicators on ORVMs. The puzzling thing was that he told me SVMT comes with a 7" CASKA HU with navigation which is much more superior to the stock one in VMT. Now is this true, as the website doesn't mention it. Your suggestions and inputs are welcome.
That is totally wrong! ! SVMT doesn't have 7" system but a 3.5" one (if i remember right). For the exact differences between SV and V,download honda city brochure from website and u'll get a list of features in every variant and a clear outline of what all is extra in the higher variant than the just lower one.
Old 30th November 2014, 08:22   #3300
KRN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeledsoul View Post
I called up one of the Honda dealers in Hyderabad to enquire about VMT (P), the sales guy said VMT would take a month easily, and he would ensure that I get it from the immediate stock of cars which he would receive. However he said there's a SVMT (P) readily available which was allotted to someone else who wasn't being able to obtain finance for it. He said the only diff is steel wheels and no turn indicators on ORVMs. The puzzling thing was that he told me SVMT comes with a 7" CASKA HU with navigation which is much more superior to the stock one in VMT. Now is this true, as the website doesn't mention it. Your suggestions and inputs are welcome.
It is possible that the dealer has customized this particular car by making a few additions/modifications of the stock SV version. You may want to check what all has been changed before going ahead. Also check manufacturing month of the car just to be sure.

Most Viewed