Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-221.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain (Post 3591726)
Keep the rear tires at 36psi if you will have 3 at the back + luggage. Otherwise, the rear wobbles a bit at times and the car scrapes often. Also, pick up and mileage drop. I get a solid 24-25kmpl on highways, solo. When the car is loaded, it drops to 19-20kmpl if you don't bump up the tire pressure.



The issue with the high beam is with the optics, not the bulbs themselves. The optics spread the light instead of making a parallel focused beam. This is great for highways with proper reflectors, lane markings and signage, like the ones in Gujarat. You can literally see a mile at night. But on regular Indian roads, all the light is lost all around and you don't get focused illumination in front of you.

Guess they didn't Indian-ize the high beam.lol:

Thanks will check with increased tyre pressure. For solo runs also do you recommend increased tyre pressure? I had nitrogen filled in my new tyres. Can i just top up with air. Any pressure calibration issues between air and nitrogen?

You are spot on about the head beams. On our nearby small Gujarat state highway the beams just get lost. Even my Nano's head beam seems better maybe due to the high seating position.

Tbhp mobile app has no thanks button so will press after logging on desktop :)

I have changed the Low and High Beam Bulbs with Philips Extreme Vision and Osram NBP Unlimited respectively and details with pictures posted in my ownership thread as below.

My thanks to vsrivatsa and others for their inputs regarding Head Light upgrade.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3592109

Hey everyone.
Some Points I would like to share:

*Does the Car have an alarm system anti-theft? I tried making the alarm ring a couple of times (We all have a little child in us somewhere:)) but locking the doors but kept the window glass down; then asked one of my friends to open it. He opened it and there was no alarm. (I was at a distance of approx. 300m). I had enquired about it during my 2nd free service, but the service advisor looked puzzled and then shook his head in a negative manner. (he did not utter a word)
The other car we have at home (swift desire 2010 model) has door alarm. (works even if the key is used for opening doors instead of the remote)

*Had installed the same Galio Door visors with chrome which BHPian RavenAvi installed. Bought them from eBay.in. It was cheaper when I bought it(rs.1400.00 + rs.90.00 shipping). It was packed very well with 4 layers of bubble wrap with cardboard in between. The link for the door visors - http://www.ebay.in/itm/Wind-Door-Vis...item2c913c64a2

*My next upgrade would be headlights. I am confused whether to go for a HID setup with projectors or a HID setup without projectors (d2r type) or to get a retrofitted kit (projectors with DRLs). I am already using Philips Xtreme Vision H11 for the low beams.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jesrani (Post 3591876)
Thanks will check with increased tyre pressure. For solo runs also do you recommend increased tyre pressure? I had nitrogen filled in my new tyres. Can i just top up with air. Any pressure calibration issues between air and nitrogen?

I maintain 32-32psi for normal use and 34-36psi for when the car is loaded, all pressures on cold tires. Nitrogen is pretty much a gimmick. Normal air is 75% nitrogen anyway. There are no calibration issues between nitrogen and regular air.

My Bluetooth audio gets choppy in between with my note 2. It's slightly better when the phone is below the ac touch screen. Call quality is optimum regardless. Anyone else has the same problem?

Quote:

Originally Posted by themonster (Post 3592143)
*Does the Car have an alarm system anti-theft? I tried making the alarm ring a couple of times (We all have a little child in us somewhere:)) but locking the doors but kept the window glass down; then asked one of my friends to open it. He opened it and there was no alarm. (I was at a distance of approx. 300m). I had enquired about it during my 2nd free service, but the service advisor looked puzzled and then shook his head in a negative manner. (he did not utter a word)

I guess the alarm sounds when we lock the car and try to open it with some other key, not sure though. Even I have this same confusion right from when I purchased this car. Would be good if someone throws some light here.

I did the final free service on 28th Nov with the odo at 5500 kms on my VX CVT. Below are the work done:

Replaced Engine Oil and Filter
Alignment Check
Tyre Rotation
Honda Service Diagnostics (I complained of slight steering play more towards the right. This was done mainly to check that and got it corrected)
Wiper check. No streaks now.
Replaced wind shield washer fluid.
All other general checkup including electrical areas.

The total cost came to Rs. 1518.

Filled petrol today morning after the price cut and got a maximum FE of 14.1 km/l and settled finally at 12.2 kms/l as per the MID display. AC set at 24 degrees full time. Traffic was acceptable but there were quite a few stretches of bumper to bumper traffic as well (Probably about 2 kms).

Quote:

Originally Posted by themonster (Post 3592143)
*My next upgrade would be headlights. I am confused whether to go for a HID setup with projectors or a HID setup without projectors (d2r type) or to get a retrofitted kit (projectors with DRLs). I am already using Philips Xtreme Vision H11 for the low beams.

All these mods are related to the low beam, which I honestly find adequate as it is. Its the high beam that is bad. Projectors are used only for the low beam and HIDs will not improve the high beam in any significant way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by knight.rider (Post 3592480)
My Bluetooth audio gets choppy in between with my note 2. It's slightly better when the phone is below the ac touch screen. Call quality is optimum regardless. Anyone else has the same problem?

I also have a Note2 with Custom ROM and custom Kernel. The audio stutters sometimes even otherwise, I think because of kernel. So the same happens in car BT also I feel. I am playing songs from USB. No problems there and does not use phone battery. BT call quality is very good, not a problem for me too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adarsh76 (Post 3592487)
I did the final free service ... VX CVT. ...

The total cost came to Rs. 1518.

Filled petrol ..

Thats interesting, I got the final free servicing done (Diesel @ 9.5 K Kms) and the bill came to Rs 3920. (Charges for Engine oil change, Wheel alignment, rotation and balancing, Windshield fluid)

Honda City becomes the leader again in C2 segment. Honda has despatched 7252 city in November 14 as compared to 5200 of Ciaz.

http://rtn.asia/d-r/9609/honda-city-...sed-production

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshBabu (Post 3593039)
Honda City becomes the leader again in C2 segment. Honda has despatched 7252 city in November 14 as compared to 5200 of Ciaz.

http://rtn.asia/d-r/9609/honda-city-...sed-production

City beats Ciaz in November with increased production.

Segment competition is going to get really interesting with new Hyundai Verna launch. Consumers would have lots of choices which is a good thing.

Honda going the Maruti way - expensive service:deadhorse

20k km service done @ Classic Honda, Faridabad. They have increased the charges for labor and the price of consumables.

New engine oil 4.5l - 2000
Oil filter - 500
Air filter - 600
Diesel filter- 1500
Labor - 2250

Additional jobs:
Dry cleaning - 1450
Broken right fender lining (black plastic cladding inside the wheel well) - 1500

Noisy rear seat fixed. Left rear view mirror was not closing, that has been looked into.

Total damage was Rs 10148. Their system was down today, so they billed me by approximation. I am expecting the final bill with the exact amount tomorrow. Total amount can go up or down by a hundred bucks or so.

Additional jobs aside, 7000 bucks for a 20k km service pinches. :mad:

Incidentally, there is a drastic difference in the labor charges for the Amaze diesel and the City diesel, despite the cars sharing the same engine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain (Post 3593877)
Honda going the Maruti way - expensive service:deadhorse

20k km service done @ Classic Honda, Faridabad. They have increased the charges for labor and the price of consumables.

New engine oil 4.5l - 2000
Oil filter - 500
Air filter - 600
Diesel filter- 1500
Labor - 2250

Additional jobs:
Dry cleaning - 1450
Broken right fender lining (black plastic cladding inside the wheel well) - 1500

Noisy rear seat fixed. Left rear view mirror was not closing, that has been looked into.

Total damage was Rs 10148. Their system was down today, so they billed me by approximation. I am expecting the final bill with the exact amount tomorrow. Total amount can go up or down by a hundred bucks or so.

Additional jobs aside, 7000 bucks for a 20k km service pinches. :mad:

Incidentally, there is a drastic difference in the labor charges for the Amaze diesel and the City diesel, despite the cars sharing the same engine.

I'm shocked to see the Oil Filter and Air filter prices and yes off course Labor charges. I thought filters were normally in the range of INR 200-300. Normally Maruti charges Rs 1,450/ for the service labor

Quote:

Originally Posted by PM97 (Post 3590756)
I booked my Honda City VX CVT in the first week of Nov. No update from SA as of yet, I am keeping my fingers crossed for a Jan delivery :Frustrati

Quick update - Got a call from SA from Magnum Honda, he says that my car will be dispatched on Dec 12th and expected to be delivered to me around Dec 20th. This came as a surprise as I was prepared for a late Jan delivery. Would it make sense to take delivery of the car with a Temporary Registration and then get the car registered in Jan so that it will show as MY 2015 in the RC card.?


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:56.