Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2015, 20:05   #3541

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Not sure if this has been discussed before. Has anyone noticed the strong smell, probably from plastics inside. Its not about extended parking duration or exposure to sun light, but the regular parking interval of some hours seem to generate it. It comes back after few days of soap wash.
Old 12th February 2015, 08:22   #3542
BHPian

I got myself a CVT too.
There is no significant loss of power for me as I came from 9 year old Verna.
It's hope this lasts 9 years without issue
Old 12th February 2015, 09:02   #3543

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMX View Post
Guys Check out thread number #62 at this link

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...minence-5.html

Thank you... Got it sorted out and was successful in deleting the paired devices
Old 12th February 2015, 10:36   #3544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harihs_dr View Post
My ICE setup on my Honda VX has been paired with 6 devices already. I have been trying to delete few devices from the Bluetooth pairing and not able to do so. I don't see any option for deleting or removing a paired device. I have tried pressing all buttons and looking up in YouTube. Help needed from experts here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator1101 View Post
Even I'm facing the same problem. How do I remove a paired device from the ICE?
Quote:
Guys Check out thread number #62 at this link
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...minence-5.html
Been there, experienced that and Done That.

The Thread indicated by MMX is correct. But there is one very important point missing in that Thread. The 'Delete Device' option will only be enabled when you have one of the 6 phones connected via Bluetooth. If there is no phone connected and you try to go to the 'Delete Device' option; the option is not enabled.

I spent probably a couple of hours trying to understand this.
tejas08 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th February 2015, 12:09   #3545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harihs_dr View Post
My ICE setup on my Honda VX has been paired with 6 devices already. I have been trying to delete few devices from the Bluetooth pairing and not able to do so. I don't see any option for deleting or removing a paired device. I have tried pressing all buttons and looking up in YouTube. Help needed from experts here.
Go to Phone Setup by pressing the Phone Button on the top Left Corner of your Entertainment System
Then Select Bluetooth Setup
Scroll Down and Select Delete Device and you should see the list of phone that you have added.

Regards,
Amit
Old 12th February 2015, 13:28   #3546
MMX
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorlover View Post
Congratulations MMX!! I'm also glad to see our tribe of VX CVT owners swell :-)
Thanks Outdoorlover. There's a certain brilliance in driving the Honda City through the streets of Mumbai as it shields you from the Noise and bumps with it's amazing Cabin sound insulation, impressive Ground Clearance and the brilliant suspension. I'm totally enjoying the VX CVT option of luxury.

Quote:
Heartiest congratulations on your new possession. I wish you all the very best and hope you join the band of niggle free City owners. Looking forward to your first hand reviews soon. Please update whether its a 2015 make and what tyres is it shod with.
Thanks Aviator for such a lovely greeting - Niggle Free City Owners I'm here to join you. I'm so excited to actually drive enough to give a well informed review of the car though I feel there are such impressive reviews on the Forum that I wouldn't be able to justify this wonderful Ride.
This is a 2015 Honda City VX CVT and it came with MRF ZVTV tyres which do look slim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
congratulations MMX!! That's money well spent! Best choice.
Thanks Pixantz I totally agree with your view about the right spend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
Many Congrats . Seems the CVT population is increasing.
Thanks Adarsh, it sure seems so. Do you own a CVT as well?
Old 12th February 2015, 19:41   #3547
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Adarsh, it sure seems so. Do you own a CVT as well?
Yep, I own a VX CVT from May 14. The car is going really good, only complaint being ride quality on bad roads which has improved considerably over the last 1 month.
Old 12th February 2015, 21:58   #3548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
Been there, experienced that and Done That.

The Thread indicated by MMX is correct. But there is one very important point missing in that Thread. The 'Delete Device' option will only be enabled when you have one of the 6 phones connected via Bluetooth. If there is no phone connected and you try to go to the 'Delete Device'
option; the option is not enabled.
I spent probably a couple of hours trying to understand this.
Thanks for the practical advice. But it came a bit late. I spent almost 1 hour trying to get to this part of the menu
Old 13th February 2015, 09:43   #3549
BHPian

I was surprised with my drive today morning. Drove my CVT for the first time in 'S' mode ever since I bought my car 8 months ago.

Initially I drove in 'D' mode for about 5 kms with the MID FE displayed at 12 kms/l. Once I reached the highway (Trivandrum bye-pass road), switched to 'S' mode and drove for 8 kms. Did not use paddle shifts. There were traffic blocks in between. The drive was so smooth and fast, I had a big smile on my face. Got really thrilled. Moreover, was surprised to see the MID FE remained same at 12 kms/l.

I know the Manual Petrol is faster than CVT, but like to know if anybody owning the Manual City have ever driven the CVT in 'S' mode?
Old 13th February 2015, 13:17   #3550
MMX
BHPian

So After getting the Under Chassis Anti-Rust treatment done from 3M Car Care in Worli, I also got 3M Nomad mats from them as well as PPF film for both ORVMs. Phew....
Anti Corrosion treatment - 5 Yrs Warranty - 3390 - Serv Tax
3M Nomad Mats - Beige - 4790 - 12.5% VAT
Scotchgard PPF ORVM - 500 - Serv Tax

Total with Tax and VAT - 10235/-.
Special Mention for Mr Pradeep at the center for his professional, no BS advice and straight forward pricing.

So now I look up to TeamBHP again for advice for a Tyre upgrade. Spoke to Saifee Tyre in SantaCruz and they said they'll give me Michelin 195/65/R15 for 6000/- I need to find out whether they are Primacy 3ST or XM2.

Spoke to Laxmi Auto Center who advised against 195 and suggested 185/60/R15 mentioning that 195 would hamper the effective turning of the car.

Guys, what do you suggest. I'm keen on getting the 195/60/R15 Michelin though
Attached Thumbnails
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20150211_095811.jpg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20150211_095820.jpg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20150211_095853.jpg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20150211_100235.jpg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20150211_100456.jpg  

MMX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2015, 15:50   #3551
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the practical advice. But it came a bit late. I spent almost 1 hour trying to get to this part of the menu
Even with the phone connected through Bluetooth, the menu does not show the delete device option. Another hour wasted. Has the software in the ICE been updated? Which year & month make is your car?
Old 14th February 2015, 20:07   #3552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
I know the Manual Petrol is faster than CVT, but like to know if anybody owning the Manual City have ever driven the CVT in 'S' mode?
The Manual Petrol does not have any different modes. You drive and create your own D & S Mode with the Rev-Meter

Quote:
Even with the phone connected through Bluetooth, the menu does not show the delete device option. Another hour wasted. Has the software in the ICE been updated? Which year & month make is your car?
Well my car make is March-2014. I don't know of any update on the ICE from since then, unless the Service Center guys did the update by themselves, which I have a doubt. Give me a day and I'll try to send you snapshots by doing one myself.
tejas08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2015, 20:44   #3553
BHPian

[quote=tejas08;3644976]The Manual Petrol does not have any different modes. You drive and create your own D & S Mode with the Rev-Meter
Very well said. The CVT and the manual are dependent on the same powerplant. However the way they perform are absolutely different from each other owing partially to the driver's nature and more so on the capabilities of the 'box. The manual can be made to behave like a CVT in whichever mode u may think of but vice versa may not be a pleasant experience and burdening on the inherent nature of a CVT.
Old 14th February 2015, 21:52   #3554
Senior - BHPian

On more than one occasion, the rear passenger sitting behind the driver's seat has asked to increase the AC even if it is set in Auto Mode. I end up manually setting the fan speed (with AC on) to the highest level.
This is during the peak afternoon times while driving in direct sunlight.

I got me wondering whether the cooling level in the AC is on the lower side in my car. I'll get this checked at leisure sometime.
When I put my fingers in front of the blower, there is cool air coming out for sure, but its not like finger numbing chill (like it was in my earlier car)

The rear window without any sunfilm gets all the sunlight shining on the rear passenger and this might be a significant contributing factor. I have those suction cup based fabric shields, it useless and keeps falling off.

Have any of you faced the same issue with cooling ?

Last edited by for_cars1 : 14th February 2015 at 21:55.
Old 14th February 2015, 22:40   #3555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
The Manual Petrol does not have any different modes. You drive and create your own D & S Mode with the Rev-Meter
No my question was meant if the drive of CVT in 'S' mode was as powerful as the manual. With 'S' mode and paddle shifters I guess it could be driven just like manual moving to the highest rpm, but not sure if it will still have that maniac thrust.

I've taken just one TD of the manual version long back. Let me try to get one more drive of the manual to just see the difference.

Most Viewed