Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-242.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by keviv (Post 3654999)
I had booked a Golden Brown CVT (VX) back in August with Apex Honda (Santacruz). It has been 7 months now and I am still not being given any clarity on the delivery. Patience has worn thin now. So need to escalate to Honda India. Can someone please help me with the relevant email ID of Honda India. I couldn't find one on their website.

Thanks in advance.

Keviv - PM me. I've had the exact same experience with APEX and I raised the issue with Honda India after great advice from the members from the Forum. I don't want to mention all the details again but you can see me post in the previous few pages.

I can forward the email I sent to Honda India. Apex Honda followed up immediately after I sent the Complaint.

I wish you the very best as I have the same Golden Metallic Brown CVT and you MUST raise a complaint.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysticeyes (Post 3653634)
Had a severe traffic block for about 2KM today morning as I got out from home and that was when i realized the 'peace-of-mind..or left leg' lol: Here is how it stood.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 3655027)
That area looks real familiar. But a 2 kms traffic block? They really need to plan the junction properly. Has become a mess ever since the civil station opened. One reason even we shifted to an automatic for TVPM.

:OT Mysticeyes - That is Peroorkkada, right.

CD, A very familiar place for me too. I usually cross this junction at least twice (to and from Tenkasi) every time I visit Trivandrum. stupid:

When I leave Trivandrum, that is usually very early in the morning, the road is totally free. But when I return, the traffic has always been pretty bad. But 2 kms is unbelievable by Trivandrum standards. Hope it is an one-off situation and not all that common. And Yes, in situations like these, Automatic is a big blessing!!!

Hi MMX,

Thanks. It was your experience here that gave me this idea of emailing Honda India.

I guess I can't PM you given my membership level. Will it be possible for you to email / PM me the relevant details?

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by keviv (Post 3655286)
Hi MMX,

Thanks. It was your experience here that gave me this idea of emailing Honda India.

I guess I can't PM you given my membership level. Will it be possible for you to email / PM me the relevant details?

Thanks!

For Sure Keviv,

It will be my Pleasure if you would get the Car much sooner after sending the email.

Mods - If in case it's not allowed to mention email addresses do let me know and I'll think of some other way.

customer_relations@hondacarindia.com>
cc: geeta.chodankar@apexhonda.in, donaldd@apexhonda.in, swaghole@apexhonda.in

Please email all these people immediately and do mention you're a member of a very prominent Autmobile Forum and your review about their service will definitely make others think twice about purchasing a car through them.

I've mailed you as well
:thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by tejas08 (Post 3652866)

I went ahead with the switch over to 195/60 R15 XM2 on Day 1. Have done over 11K Kms and don't see any issue.

With regards to difference between P3ST & XM2, although both being soft compound tyres, the XM2 is slightly harder than P3ST, giving it a little more longer life. Based on the FE that I have heard from some of the members on stock tyres, I don't see a difference of more than 0.3 to 0.5 kmpl which for me is OK as it depends on the way a person drives too.

I totally agree with you. I too have the 3st and was in the impression that the mileage has gone down. I usually get around 9 to 10 kmpl in my vtec. But to my surprise I managed a max of 20.9 yesterday, my highest ever. I did another two runs with and without cruise control both consistently above 19kmpl. This proves that the city rewards you if you drive with a light right foot.
Ps: Sunday , traffic was light.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMX (Post 3655295)

Thanks MMX.

Have emailed these people. Let's see what happens.

Am quite disappointed at all of this. 7 months and the Apex Honda sales person still has the gumption of telling me that I will have to wait more because "CVT has longer wait periods". Why would anyone want to wait for 8-9 months for a car? It isn't as if options aren't available in the market. I don't understand where the problem lies - this isn't a new car any more and even after a year of launch how is it that there is such a long waiting period?

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastraj (Post 3655661)
I totally agree with you. I too have the 3st and was in the impression that the mileage has gone down. I usually get around 9 to 10 kmpl in my vtec. But to my surprise I managed a max of 20.9 yesterday, my highest ever. I did another two runs with and without cruise control both consistently above 19kmpl. This proves that the city rewards you if you drive with a light right foot.
Ps: Sunday , traffic was light.

Apart from the FE, which one can be considered better overall? XM2 or 3ST?

Quote:

Originally Posted by adarsh76 (Post 3655759)

Just Like Teja and Fastraj I've upgraded the tires too. I chose the 195/60 R15 3ST and they look awesome and feel very confident.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysticeyes
During the waiting period, the MID would come down to 11.7km/l. In such cases, I had noticed that the MID then hovers around 11.7-12.8km/l, whatever, the traffic condition may be. Even if the road is free, the MID remains same when, ideally, the value should have been increasing due to free road or shuould decrease further due to bumper-bumper traffic.

Mysticeyes - Honestly I'm waiting to complete my first service to start noticing the FE and it's a little difficult to be precise until the engine had it's preliminary run in. I'll speak to the service manager during my visit there and shed some light on your query.

Quote:

I have a doubt that there will be many people who will be able to tell you the Practical Experience and difference between the Two, since both are new products and in the market at the same time. Generally it will be either one of them which would have been used by one person.

Going by the forums, I think everybody who has switched to either of them is happy and doesn't have any complaints regarding them. Ultimately it's your choice. 4th Gen Honda City Tyre Upgrade thread did however slight inch towards the XM2 over 3ST.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMX (Post 3655832)
Mysticeyes - Honestly I'm waiting to complete my first service to start noticing the FE and it's a little difficult to be precise until the engine had it's preliminary run in. I'll speak to the service manager during my visit there and shed some light on your query.

Don't keep your hopes too high for the first service. The real noticeable difference is seen post the 3rd Service after the Oil Change. You will notice and feel the difference in FE, Driving, Smoothness of the Engine etc.

Post the 3rd Service when I drove my car back from the ASC to my home, I was completely in love with the car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by keviv (Post 3655756)
Thanks MMX.

Have emailed these people. Let's see what happens.

Am quite disappointed at all of this. 7 months and the Apex Honda sales person still has the gumption of telling me that I will have to wait more because "CVT has longer wait periods". Why would anyone want to wait for 8-9 months for a car? It isn't as if options aren't available in the market. I don't understand where the problem lies - this isn't a new car any more and even after a year of launch how is it that there is such a long waiting period?

Keviv - Honestly, we're taken for a ride by Apex Honda. They internally keep moving around allotments for cars, no wonder I got my car as soon as I raised my voice once I was advised by the Forum members.

My personal experience - don't stop calling Honda Customer Care till they don't take your complaint seriously and start following up on your behalf. After sending the complaint by email I called them up to follow up and they immediately called me the next day after which Apex Honda dealership called me too.
We're very polite and patient with the dealers as we want a pleasant experience while booking and getting the Car we prefer, but the dealers take their own sweet time until they're made to realize that we're not ready to keep postponing the delivery.
Imagine this - even after my harrowing experience with the whole booking and delivery experience Apex Honda told me that my Car was on it's way to the stockyard on 21st Jan, but I got the car not before 10th Feb that too after I sat at the Dealership from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm waiting for my registration Number to arrive. I kept calling the Sales Agent and the Manager of the dealership and gave them an earful on more than one occasion.
After I got the Delivery and was driving out of the showroom the SA begs me to give him a 9 in the feedback in the phone call from Honda India as 8 and lesser is supposed to be BAD (whats the deal with this scoring). I was so relieved to finally receive my car that I gave them a 9 even though in my head I wanted to give them a 4. (My fear that the dealership wouldn't handle the car servicing well if I scored them bad)

Anyway don't stop calling them every single day and let them know you mean business.

:thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMX (Post 3655832)

Quote:

Originally Posted by tejas08 (Post 3655840)
Don't keep your hopes too high for the first service. The real noticeable difference is seen post the 3rd Service after the Oil Change. You will notice and feel the difference in FE, Driving, Smoothness of the Engine etc. Post the 3rd Service when I drove my car back from the ASC to my home, I was completely in love with the car.

MMX & Tejas, It's not the FE I'm worried about now. It's the value shown in the MID as to why they remain within a small range without changing even as the traffic gets worse or the road opens up, just after remaining stationary in a traffic signal. (For eg: Coming to a stand-still at 12km/l at a signal, the MID would hover between 11.5-12.5km/l and won't change even if its bumper-bumper traffic, where the MID should ideally be showing around 7km/l)

I recently changed the stock alloys with 15" Momo Europe Carbon Black alloys and I think the look of the car has changed totally.

Quote:

If fuel economy is the only reason then xm2, I have used them and they have low rolling resistance and are quite tough. But 3st are a superior product available for the same price. And 3st has actually changed the ride characteristics of the city, From harsh to butter smooth. And as u saw in my previous post I have managed to achieve 20.9 kmpl on 3st in my vtec.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmitKumarVinay (Post 3656296)
I recently changed the stock alloys with 15" Momo Europe Carbon Black alloys and I think the look of the car has changed totally.

I am in awe when I see a golden brown city. I wanted it so bad but couldn't stand the waiting period so settled for silver v. Any darkish alloys look good on that colour, especially the stance of the car changes too. Good choice Amit. Btw did u get it from saifee and how much, because I almost bought the same design last month.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tejas08 (Post 3655840)

Don't keep your hopes too high for the first service. The real noticeable difference is seen post the 3rd Service after the Oil Change. You will notice and feel the difference in FE, Driving, Smoothness of the Engine etc.

Post the 3rd Service when I drove my car back from the ASC to my home, I was completely in love with the car.

You are absolutely right tejas, the car is awesome after the third service. The engine just opens up if pushed with an amazing smoothness and if you want to just cruise , you would be hard pressed to tell whether the engine is on. It's like Jekyll and Hyde ...two personalities. And the bonus with all this refinement is amazing fuel economy.