Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2015, 19:03   #3646
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun_king View Post
City SV has one accessory socket, the VX too should have the same number or probably more. So have no worries, Happy Navigating!
The V and VX variants have two Power Sockets at the rear.
So 3 in total.
Old 7th March 2015, 11:09   #3647
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Sat in the new City after a long time (Uber rental on a night out).

What an amazing back seat! Very cushiony, very comfortable, compliant ride and with excellent space. The E variant diesel - at 10 lakhs - makes for an excellent taxi.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2015, 11:50   #3648
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The E variant diesel - at 10 lakhs - makes for an excellent taxi.
The best option even from Zoom. You could pick up a City E for less than Rs.200 a day additional charges as compared to the entry level Figo / Amaze. For a negligible difference- you get twice the car!

In comparison, an Ecosport diesel costs Rs.600 per day more than the City diesel. I guess the Honda's excellent real world efficiency is really working in its favour in the commercial sector.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2015, 20:10   #3649

Got 3rd service done for my City VXMT I-Vtec. Final bill was Rs. 1497.
The dealer tried the A/C disinfectant scam, but thanks to TBHP, denied all the optionals. Here's a picture:

Meanwhile on the way back, drove with an extremely light foot and here's the result:
Old 7th March 2015, 20:16   #3650
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
I believe yours is a DTEC. Is there any noticeable change in FE with these plus size tyres?

I guess the brake pads will last only till 25K to 30K max. But again not sure completely, but I used to change the brake pads of my earlier Accent every 25000 kms or so.
Yes, its an iDTEC. I just did a 1000km run into Punjab on these tires. No exact calculations but overall mileage has reduced by around 1.5kmpl. Its a combination of the wider rubber and the lower tire pressures.

On the plus side, car stays rock steady at 120kmph. It also changes direction quicker and more confidently. Much better grip. This in addition to the improvement in ride comfort.

It is a surprise for me that the brake pads have worn out so quickly. My Jazz is at 60k km and the pads still have a good amount of life in them. Jazz is actually abused, while the City is handled with care. Even my Scorpio's pads last much longer than this.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2015, 21:27   #3651
BHPian

Took Delivery of my Honda City VX iDTEC on 05-Mar. The delivery was perfect and to the mark. Hats off to Naveen - the SA at Sundaram Honda.

Immediately drove to Lal Enterprises, Lloyds Road to upgrade the tyre to Michelin 195/60 R15 Primacy 3ST. I was lucky to get Michelin XM1+ tyres as stock one on the vehicle. So got a good exchange rate. Last two days have been spent at 3M and Privilege Moto mall to deck up the beauty. I will be posting my detailed experience in respective threads. Now few snaps on Delivery Day:

Decked up for Delivery:

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_4259_01.jpg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_4263_01.jpg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_4267.jpg

Ceremonial Key Handover - Naveen was good in coordinating and providing a seamless delivery experience:

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-honda_delivery.jpg

For Tyre Upgrade:

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_4277.jpg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_4282.jpg

At Home:

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_4299_01.jpg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_4308.jpg
AshBabu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th March 2015, 08:52   #3652
GTO
Team-BHP Support

James drops the following email. Thanks for sharing!

Quote:
Team,

Today I went for the PDI of my Honda City VMT - Orchid White Pearl at Sundaram Honda in Chennai. Thought I'd share some of the pictures I took. Car had come from the yard and was just washed.

In the Honda City official review thread, I know some members wanted to see a comparison of the white colours. I made them park my car next to a Taffeta White and took a pic.

The car on the left is Orchid White Pearl and the other is Taffeta White. Orchid White Pearl is whiter, shinier and has a metallic finish.
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_44032.jpg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_44022.jpg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_44042.jpg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_44062.jpg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_44072.jpg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_44082.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 9th March 2015 at 16:43.
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th March 2015, 09:13   #3653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
This brings me to one stupid question. Would it be possible sometime in the future for me to switch over from Tafetta White to Orchid Pearl White or even the Carnelian Red Pearl by undergoing a full repainting.

I mean is it legal to do something like a colour change of your vehicle.

Last edited by GTO : 9th March 2015 at 16:43. Reason: Removing full name
Old 9th March 2015, 09:44   #3654
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
I mean is it legal to do something like a colour change of your vehicle.

Perfectly legal if you get the colour change endorsed in the RC book. However, your resale value might go for a toss as evaluators tend to see repainted vehicles as probable accident cases.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2015, 16:21   #3655
BHPian

I booked by iVTEC VXMT last week of Jan and Got a call from my SA today that the car is allocated and will be dispatched on 19th. So, it should be ready for delivery in 1st week of April.
Anyone know when the car will reach the stockyard in Bangalore and can be available for PDI?
Old 9th March 2015, 17:22   #3656
BHPian

In my CVT, the low temperature warning light remains on for almost 2-2:30 when the outside air temperature is around 15-20 degrees. Should I wait for the light to go off and then apply power or just let the engine idle for 60 odd seconds? Please advise.
Old 9th March 2015, 17:42   #3657
MMX
BHPian

It's one month with my beloved "Bronco" and I can't believe that it was time for the first service already. I still remember the day I asked whether I should raise a complaint with Honda India on this Forum, actually just a few pages away from there.

So I clocked 515 kms on the city as it's my weekend car, so I took it to Apex Honda workshop in Worli for the servicing at 9:45. Funny though the workshop actually has a couple of security guards with a pen and sheets of paper noting down the car numbers and Kilometers, they then ask you to hand over the keys to them. Well I was in no mood to handover the keys to the security just yet, so in I went straight to the Receptionist who guided me to a Service Agent. He accompanied me to the car checked it all around since it was the first Service, casually asking "Are there any problems?" to which I smiled and promptly replied "No" so then came the service chart marking all that was there in the car and then he said "please give the keys to the security guard"

I was advised to come at 1 as it would be a quick service - Diesel wash of the exteriors, vacuum of interiors, Battery check, Systems Check, Engine Belt tension checked and all Liquid Levels to be checked.

All done and I received my Bronco spik and span at 1 and I was out with a smile, I then headed straight to the 3M car care guys to know what I must Do to keep the paint in the prime condition that I have received it in.
Earlier they had suggested the UV Protect for Rs 1250/- this package includes the following services
  • Complete car body cleaning.
  • Cleaning wheels and wheel arches.
  • Dry vacuuming interiors.
  • Dashboard cleaning.
  • Engine cleaning and degreasing.
  • 3M Paste wax application on car body.
  • Tyre dressing.

But today they explained that isn't a time warranted solution but rather just a quick fix like a quick finished look. So when I explained that I was looking for a longer lasting solution they said there are 2 options
1. Paint Sealant for Rs 5,880/- This package includes the following services
  • Exterior clay wiping for removing grease, sticky dirt, tar marks etc.
  • Exterior polishing.
  • 3M's paint sealant application.
  • Bumper dressing.
  • Tyre cleaning.
  • Glass cleaning.
  • Dry vacuuming.

2. Annual Maintenance Contract where they make sure that I my car shines bright all year through with 4 Car washes, 2 Interior and 2 exterior treatments, Damage control in case of scratches and the entire package of Waxing and Polishing for Rs 15.500/-

My question to all you proud Honda City owners -
1. Should I just Polish the car myself like DIY since it's new and the Paint work doesn't need too much work on it to give it the shine and Mirror like polish.
2. It would be less taxing to just take the AMC (though a steep option especially after paying 56,000/- more this year for the same car) and not bother with all the manual labor and time consumed.
3. Just do the one time UV Protect and hope that I get the Shine and Mirror like polish that I dream of.

Suggestions are very welcome.
Old 9th March 2015, 18:02   #3658
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMX View Post
Diesel wash of the exteriors.

Hope this is a typo. Else please don't let them wash the car again. Diesel is too harsh a cleaning agent to be used on clear coat IMO.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2015, 18:12   #3659
MMX
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Hope this is a typo. Else please don't let them wash the car again. Diesel is too harsh a cleaning agent to be used on clear coat IMO.
Crazy Driver - It's not a Typo, the service agent clearly mentioned that he'll wash the car with Diesel.
But I've read in the Car Care post that Diesel is used to remove Tar stains from the paint. I guess that's why they use it here too. I'm not saying you're wrong - but I'll make sure to refrain from regular diesel washes.
Old 9th March 2015, 19:25   #3660
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator1101 View Post
In my CVT, the low temperature warning light remains on for almost 2-2:30 when the outside air temperature is around 15-20 degrees. Should I wait for the light to go off and then apply power or just let the engine idle for 60 odd seconds? Please advise.
It is normal for the low temperature warning light to stay for a couple of minutes. No need to idle the car but dont rev it either. Just drive normally at low rpm for the initial few minutes. You will feel the engine giving better response once it warms up.

Quote:
Crazy Driver - It's not a Typo, the service agent clearly mentioned that he'll wash the car with Diesel.
But I've read in the Car Care post that Diesel is used to remove Tar stains from the paint. I guess that's why they use it here too. I'm not saying you're wrong - but I'll make sure to refrain from regular diesel washes.
Quote:
I was advised to come at 1 as it would be a quick service - Diesel wash of the exteriors,
Don't let them touch your car ever again if it even remotely smelled of diesel afterwards. A diesel wash will kill the paint finish.

Diesel wash seems to be a blatant lie. Nobody does it. It should not be done. The SA has most probable used these fancy words just to impress you.

Most Viewed