Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-245.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by aviator1101 (Post 3659784)
In my CVT, the low temperature warning light remains on for almost 2-2:30 when the outside air temperature is around 15-20 degrees. Should I wait for the light to go off and then apply power or just let the engine idle for 60 odd seconds? Please advise.

The low temperature light comes on even on the MT for about 2 minutes. The Best Practice I follow, is to turn on the ignition and let it idle for about 30 secs to a minute before rolling without much acceleration. At this time the engine is automatically revving on slightly higher RPM, so as soon as I leave the clutch the car surges forward without me having to give much acceleration. I let it roll on its own power and then slowly start giving gas (no hard acceleration).

When my car was 'new' and had low kms, as best practice, I used to let it warm up for complete 2 minutes (just as a precaution, for whatever worth it was) and then used to roll ahead.

Hope this helps you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by geotracks (Post 3659880)
The low temperature light comes on even on the MT for about 2 minutes. The Best Practice I follow, is to turn on the ignition and let it idle for about 30 secs to a minute before rolling without much acceleration. At this time the engine is automatically revving on slightly higher RPM, so as soon as I leave the clutch the car surges forward without me having to give much acceleration. I let it roll on its own power and then slowly start giving gas (no hard acceleration).

When my car was 'new' and had low kms, as best practice, I used to let it warm up for complete 2 minutes (just as a precaution, for whatever worth it was) and then used to roll ahead.

Hope this helps you.

Sorry for the confusion, my earlier post reads CVT. That was a mistake. Mine is a VMT petrol. Hope that doesn't change the idling/ cold engine driving procedure

Quote:

Originally Posted by aviator1101 (Post 3659784)
... the low temperature warning light remains on for almost 2-2:30... Should I wait for the light to go off and then apply power or just let the engine idle for 60 odd seconds? Please advise.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aviator1101 (Post 3659899)
.....Mine is a VMT petrol. Hope that doesn't change the idling/ cold engine driving procedure

The reason why idling is done on a cold engine (Petrol or Diesel) is to allow for the engine to be properly lubricated before increasing the engine RPM.

Also cold oil has higher friction. The oil needs to attain higher temperatures to efficiently lubricate. Not revving a cold engine minimizes wear and tear and prolongs engine life and also keeps it running efficiently.

In addition, for cars equipped with a turbo charger (like the City- Diesel), allowing for idling time allows the oil to reach the optimal temperature and reach all parts of the turbo and lubricate it well before the turbo starts to spin (when the engine is revved)

Although idling a cold engine for one or two minutes is an acceptable practice, it is not necessary to idle the engine. The Honda city Diesel has enough low end Torque to start off without even touching the accelerator. Just start your car and start driving away slowly, keep the RPM below 1400 and keep engine RPM really low for the first two to three minutes. This should suffice to sufficiently lubricate the turbo before increasing the throttle/RPM. Even in the City Petrol, just drive gently without idling and keep the RPM as low as possible for the first three minutes until the cold engine light goes off.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 3659815)
Hope this is a typo. Else please don't let them wash the car again. Diesel is too harsh a cleaning agent to be used on clear coat IMO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain (Post 3659861)
Don't let them touch your car ever again if it even remotely smelled of diesel afterwards. A diesel wash will kill the paint finish.

Diesel wash seems to be a blatant lie. Nobody does it. It should not be done. The SA has most probable used these fancy words just to impress you.

Well after reading your comments I wanted clarity on the use of Diesel in washing my Car so I called up the Service Adviser and inquired exactly with what medium the car was washed with. the SA replied that the car was simply washed with water but the under-body was washed with Diesel that's why he said Diesel Wash.

But he said that "we wouldn't use Diesel on a new Car but on cars that have been driven a few thousand kms, we use Diesel spray to remove the black marks of Tar and other debris"

Thanks Crazy Driver and Shreyans_Jain for your heads up on this important point.

I'm still wondering what to do to keep my Brand New car sparkling all the time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain (Post 3651420)
I had my iDTEC V's insurance renewed last month. Honda Assure - Royal Sundaram, bought through the dealer itself . I settled on an IDV of 8.5L. It is zero dep with hydrolock protection + 20% NCB. I paid a bit less than 22k and got a complimentary Wurth perfume too.

Team City, my first year insurance renewal is up.

I had taken my policy from ICICI Lombard through Honda Assure, and the renewal IDV being quoted is Rs. 8,19,200/-. For that, Honda Assure has quoted me a premium of Rs. 26,282/-, which includes Zero Dep + Engine Protect Plus (this is new for me) as Add-ons. 20% NCB has been given to me as well.

I feel it's a bit on the higher side, considering the details Shreyans had posted about his insurance renewal a few pages back. I have studied the quotation a few times, but can't find out where the differences come from, unless the Basic Premium itself is high. The best I can think of striking out is the Rs. 600/- worth of additional PA Cover. Nothing else.

Kindly advise.

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-untitled.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenAvi (Post 3660686)
I feel it's a bit on the higher side, considering the details Shreyans had posted about his insurance renewal a few pages back. I have studied the quotation a few times, but can't find out where the differences come from, unless the Basic Premium itself is high. The best I can think of striking out is the Rs. 600/- worth of additional PA Cover. Nothing else.

Kindly advise.

I am uploading my insurance document for your reference. I have not taken any of these extra covers. The exact amount I paid was Rs 21700, re-confirmed. Perhaps the amount is lower because I had finalized the deal 2 months before the insurance was to expire and promptly gave them a post dated cheque. This deal was hammered out over a good 10 days or so. I distinctly remember getting one better offer from another party but I continued with Honda Assure - Royal Sundaram because of multiple hassle free claim settlements.
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_20150310_203330.jpg

Quote:

I had taken my policy from ICICI Lombard through Honda Assure, and the renewal IDV being quoted is Rs. 8,19,200/-. For that, Honda Assure has quoted me a premium of Rs. 26,282/-, which includes Zero Dep + Engine Protect Plus (this is new for me) as Add-ons. 20% NCB has been given to me as well.

Kindly advise.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain (Post 3660710)
I am uploading my insurance document for your reference. I have not taken any of these extra covers. The exact amount I paid was Rs 21700, re-confirmed. Perhaps the amount is lower because I had finalized the deal 2 months before the insurance was to expire and promptly gave them a post dated cheque. This deal was hammered out over a good 10 days or so. I distinctly remember getting one better offer from another party but I continued with Honda Assure - Royal Sundaram because of multiple hassle free claim settlements.
Attachment 1348495

Shreyans,

Did you get any kind of discount or Cash Back sort of stuff while renewing the Insurance. I am renewing my insurance too right now. I have the quote of Honda Assure with a total premium of 27395 (Including Zero Dep & the PA cover) Although no NCB for me due to one claim during the year. The Dealer is offering Rs. 1500 Cash back if renewed before 15-Mar-15. My policy is up for renewal from 15-Apr-15.

RavenAvi / Shreyans,

I compared the quotes of you guys got with the quote I received. Except some minor changes in the Basic Premium, everything else remains the same. I guess the Basic premium difference arises due to the difference in Petrol & Diesel IDV and some difference even in the Zero Dep Add-on.

Quote:

Kindly advise.

I renewed thru' Tata AIG 2 years in a row and opted for the Pearl Plan (0 depreciation). You could try getting a quote from these guys also, just for comparison purpose before deciding.

Diesel vehicles will be slightly higher wrt insurance premium versus a petrol counterpart, same model, same year etc.

Hope this helps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geo (Post 3578446)
I have been having a nagging issue with a stuffy smell within the car. The dealer isn't very cooperative. I am planning to escalate to Honda India. What is the best way to reach out to Honda India?

Like to know how it is now. I have been facing the same issue even after the car being 7 months old. Have you escalated and are there any solutions being done for permanent fix. Have waited for long hoping it will subside, but not so. I wonder many bhp-ians have not taken note of this. When I checked with a professional car interior clean, they say the low grade of plastics in in 4th gen City is causing this? Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lostinride (Post 3661217)
Have you escalated and are there any solutions being done for permanent fix.

I have raised the concern in 3 different occasions to Dakshin Honda Bangalore but they haven't done anything to address my concern. I raised a complaint to Honda India, and they haven't done anything either. I still have the issue.

Quote:

Like to know how it is now. I have been facing the same issue even after the car being 7 months old. Have you escalated and are there any solutions being done for permanent fix. Have waited for long hoping it will subside, but not so. I wonder many bhp-ians have not taken note of this. When I checked with a professional car interior clean, they say the low grade of plastics in in 4th gen City is causing this? Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geo (Post 3661271)
I have raised the concern in 3 different occasions to Dakshin Honda Bangalore but they haven't done anything to address my concern. I raised a complaint to Honda India, and they haven't done anything either. I still have the issue.

Guys,

Do you turn on the AC fully and open the windows or 20-30 seconds before stepping into the vehicle?

Generally due to the temperature changes through the day, the plastics do emit stuffy smell in the car. I generally start the car but stand outside, roll down all the windows and after about 30 seconds get into the car. I have never faced any issue with regards to the stuffy smell.

Just try the same and check if you still get the same smell. If yes, then the problem is not related to the Plastic material used. This kind of stuff happens in a lot of vehicles. Specially vehicles which are parked under the sun for a long portion of the day.

If not, then it must me mold formation inside the AC Ducts. In that probable case, you may have to get the AC Duct cleaned.

Hi guys
I just got a call from prestige honda chandigarh on 9th of march regarding the allotment of my CVT VX and as per them the car will arrive on 20th march. I got it booked on 3rd of jan :)

Quote:

Absolutely rubbish. I have never experienced any stuffy smell in my car. If plastics is the reason then it should be with each one of us. I am sure the reason is something else. Like someone suggested get AC ducts checked out and cleaned.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tejas08 (Post 3660904)
Shreyans,

Did you get any kind of discount or Cash Back sort of stuff while renewing the Insurance. I am renewing my insurance too right now. I have the quote of Honda Assure with a total premium of 27395 (Including Zero Dep & the PA cover) Although no NCB for me due to one claim during the year. The Dealer is offering Rs. 1500 Cash back if renewed before 15-Mar-15. My policy is up for renewal from 15-Apr-15.

RavenAvi / Shreyans,

I compared the quotes of you guys got with the quote I received. Except some minor changes in the Basic Premium, everything else remains the same. I guess the Basic premium difference arises due to the difference in Petrol & Diesel IDV and some difference even in the Zero Dep Add-on.

If you noticed, the final amount printed on my policy is also 25k something. That is the 'official ' price. Like I said, I got it for less because I bought it well in advance. This is how they work. The sooner you buy it, better the cash discount you get.

The insurance people are desperate to meet their monthly targets and if you approach them right when your insurance is about to expire, they also know that you really don't have many options left. Rest, it is upto your bargaining skills.

Quote:

I wonder many bhp-ians have not taken note of this.

Is this smell noticed when the car (and the a/c) is started? Then it should mostly be a fungus problem with the a/c. If it's a persistent smell from the a/c - please get the a/c cabin filter checked.

If the smell is pungent when the car is parked under sunlight for sometime, it could be the plastics.