Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-257.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by srameshdelhi (Post 3691554)
Can someone confirm that Spare Bulbs are not provided anymore from Honda?

No spare bulbs for me either. Had checked at the time of delivery and was informed that these aren't provided any more. (I checked because I had received spare bulbs for my Spark 6 years back).

Quote:

Originally Posted by srameshdelhi (Post 3691554)
Can someone confirm that Spare Bulbs are not provided anymore from Honda?

Quote:

Originally Posted by KRN (Post 3691578)
I didn't get spare bulbs either when I took delivery of the City

Quote:

Originally Posted by keviv (Post 3691583)
No spare bulbs for me either. Had checked at the time of delivery and was informed that these aren't provided any more. (I checked because I had received spare bulbs for my Spark 6 years back).

I did get spare bulbs alongwith my car (Delivered on Apr-2014) but they are pretty much useless. The stock bulbs although Philips or Osram really are the regular bulbs and nothing extravagant.

My suggestion to you guys would be upgrade the Low Beam and High Beam to Philips Extreme Vision / Osram Night-Breaker Unlimited and keep the current stock ones as spare.

Note: Changing the High Beam to the above mentioned bulbs too does not give the desired effect. The High Beam reflectors are not good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tejas08 (Post 3691712)
I did get spare bulbs alongwith my car (Delivered on Apr-2014) but they are pretty much useless. The stock bulbs although Philips or Osram really are the regular bulbs and nothing extravagant.

My suggestion to you guys would be upgrade the Low Beam and High Beam to Philips Extreme Vision / Osram Night-Breaker Unlimited and keep the current stock ones as spare.

Note: Changing the High Beam to the above mentioned bulbs too does not give the desired effect. The High Beam reflectors are not good.

Get hids for the high beams. The stock reflector is pathetic, had upgraded lights to xtreme vision but was of no use. I just had light scattered with no usable light. I thought of installing hid hesitantly, but once installed to my surprise the beam pattern changed to focussed straight ahead. An amazing side effect. The high beams act as auxiliary lights now extending the beam length of the lows. Try the hid's, you would be pleasantly surprised.

What RPM does the petrol engine spin at 100 Kmph in fifth gear?

Quote:

Originally Posted by D4D (Post 3692032)

D4D checking out the vital stats of VVTi?

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastraj (Post 3692008)
Get hids for the high beams. The stock reflector is pathetic, had upgraded lights to xtreme vision but was of no use. I just had light scattered with no usable light. I thought of installing hid hesitantly, but once installed to my surprise the beam pattern changed to focussed straight ahead. An amazing side effect. The high beams act as auxiliary lights now extending the beam length of the lows. Try the hid's, you would be pleasantly surprised.

That's on my mind since a long time. That's the same point I made at the below post too.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3689774

Everybody has their own views, hence I suggested going for Philips Extreme Vision first. If they find it's good enough for them, then can continue using it else go for an upgrade to HID.

There are some folks on the forum who are actually satisfied with the Low Beam on Stock bulbs too. Depends on every person's perception.

Quote:

About 2200 RPM.

Quote:

I have an AT.

So far, in the 500 kms that I have driven the car, the speeds have varied from 10-90kmph and I haven't seen the RPMs go above 2K. I am talking about the "D" mode.

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by tejas08 (Post 3692161)
About 2200 RPM.

My Bad. stupid: It's 2900 RPM. I don't know why I got that 2200 RPM in my head. Yesterday while going back from my office, I checked the Engine RPM at 100 kmph.

Quote:

Originally Posted by keviv (Post 3692232)
I have an AT.

So far, in the 500 kms that I have driven the car, the speeds have varied from 10-90kmph and I haven't seen the RPMs go above 2K. I am talking about the "D" mode.

The credit for that goes to the 7 Virtual Gears that the Automatic has. The Manual is a 5-Speed Gearbox. Hence the RPM for Manual at 100 kmph is around 2900.

At 100 kmph it is 2900 RPM, stable with Cruise Control set. 110 kmph, it goes to slightly over 3000.

I was quite surprised by Tejas' first reply of 2200, so tested it today morning when going to pick up a cousin of mine.

I had a question on fuel tank capacity. At around 14.8 kmpl - 15 kmpl, I am getting around 400 kms on ODO, before the fuel needle touches 'Empty' mark. Now 400 kms tank full to tank full is seems very low. My Getz goes to around 450 ks before touching empty. Is the Honda City tank really that small? Once I get the fuel indicator light around 400 kms ODO reading I have to fill up.

What are other Honda City owner experiences on this aspect? Would be good to know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tejas08 (Post 3692161)
That's on my mind since a long time. That's the same point I made at the below post too.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3689774

Everybody has their own views, hence I suggested going for Philips Extreme Vision first. If they find it's good enough for them, then can continue using it else go for an upgrade to HID.

There are some folks on the forum who are actually satisfied witceh the Low Beam on Stock bulbs too. Depends on every person's perception.

About 2200 RPM.

Are you sure about that 2200 figure?
I checked my meter today while driving and it was revving at 2800 at 100kmph. 2200 was around 80, if I remember correctly. What could cause this possible difference?

Quote:

Originally Posted by shubhamag92 (Post 3693314)
Are you sure about that 2200 figure?
I checked my meter today while driving and it was revving at 2800 at 100kmph. 2200 was around 80, if I remember correctly. What could cause this possible difference?

I checked it today over a long open stretch of around 12 kms. In cruise control mode at 100 kmph, the rpm was around 2900-3000. Also i noticed that on gradual climbs the rpm increased slightly and the instantaneous fuel efficiency readings dropped quite a bit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tejas08 (Post 3692920)
The credit for that goes to the 7 Virtual Gears that the Automatic has. The Manual is a 5-Speed Gearbox. Hence the RPM for Manual at 100 kmph is around 2900.

Situation is different in 'S' mode. I haven't clearly checked how much it climbs but definitely above 2500 or 3000.

Hi. Can someone please elaborate on the tyre rotation pattern? Completed 5000 kms on my stock MRF. I couldn't understand the jargon online, as to which method is correct and how it shall be repeated subsequently.

Quote:

Originally Posted by knight.rider (Post 3693456)
Hi. Can someone please elaborate on the tyre rotation pattern? Completed 5000 kms on my stock MRF. I couldn't understand the jargon online, as to which method is correct and how it shall be repeated subsequently.

Usually rotation is done at every 10k km AFAIK. I think it's even mentioned in the service manual.