Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-258.html)

What is the long term implication of not having full cladding in the wheel wells? Other than increase in NVH levels, can it lead to early onset of rusting in the wheel wells?

Quote:

Originally Posted by geotracks (Post 3693099)
I had a question on fuel tank capacity. At around 14.8 kmpl - 15 kmpl, I am getting around 400 kms on ODO, before the fuel needle touches 'Empty' mark. Now 400 kms tank full to tank full is seems very low. My Getz goes to around 450 ks before touching empty. Is the Honda City tank really that small? Once I get the fuel indicator light around 400 kms ODO reading I have to fill up.

What are other Honda City owner experiences on this aspect? Would be good to know.

Tank capacity is 40ltrs. Low fuel warning will appear on dash after you have consumed 33ltrs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SumitBahl (Post 3693574)
Tank capacity is 40ltrs. Low fuel warning will appear on dash after you have consumed 33ltrs.

Thanks @SumitBahl. So that means at around say 12 kmpl (taking the lower figure), the City should run another 84 kms+- once the fuel warning light comes?

This means, for the size of a C2 class sedan, the tank capacity and total kms the Honda City can run on a tankful, before refuel is needed, is rather less. Honda could have given a larger fuel tank capacity. Maybe one reason could be a bigger tank means more fuel & weight, which in turn could have affected ARAI readings for FE, is what I think.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sun_king (Post 3692959)
I was quite surprised by Tejas' first reply of 2200, so tested it today morning when going to pick up a cousin of mine.

[quote=shubhamag92;3693314]Are you sure about that 2200 figure?/QUOTE]

I had already responded saying that it was mistake from my side. If only the other post would have been read, these questions wouldn't have been required.

Quote:

Originally Posted by knight.rider (Post 3693456)
Hi. Can someone please elaborate on the tyre rotation pattern? Completed 5000 kms on my stock MRF. I couldn't understand the jargon online, as to which method is correct and how it shall be repeated subsequently.

I would suggest leaving that to the Service Center guys. As such this is part of the Servicing and they don't charge anything extra. Why take headache for stuff that you don't need to look at.

Said that, knowing these minor details always help as an owner.

Quote:

Originally Posted by geotracks (Post 3693590)
Thanks @SumitBahl. So that means at around say 12 kmpl (taking the lower figure), the City should run another 84 kms+- once the fuel warning light comes?

This means, for the size of a C2 class sedan, the tank capacity and total kms the Honda City can run on a tankful, before refuel is needed, is rather less. Honda could have given a larger fuel tank capacity. Maybe one reason could be a bigger tank means more fuel & weight, which in turn could have affected ARAI readings for FE, is what I think.

On a full tank on City roads you can do around 400 Kms easily with still 7-8 ltrs. still balance. On Highways, one can easily do around 550 Kms with a full tank and still have around 6-8 ltrs of Petrol in fuel tank.

I think that's a pretty healthy number. No person is going to drive to that extents without stopping, so I don't see any reason that for a car of this size should necessarily have a bigger fuel tank than what it has right now.

Quote:

On a full tank on City roads you can do around 400 Kms easily with still 7-8 ltrs. still balance. On Highways, one can easily do around 550 Kms with a full tank and still have around 6-8 ltrs of Petrol in fuel tank.

I think that's a pretty healthy number. No person is going to drive to that extents without stopping, so I don't see any reason that for a car of this size should necessarily have a bigger fuel tank than what it has right now.
I understand, all I am trying to say is that my Hyundai Getz which is a hatch, with a slightly lower FE (it gives around 12.5 to 13 kmpl) than the Honda City (gives around 14 to 15 kmpl) on a tankful on City roads, gives more kms (Getz does around 450+ kms) before the needle touches 'Empty' on the Odometer.

Highways may be, you are right, about Honda City giving 550 kms on a tankful. But regular day-to-day city driving going to a gas station every 375 kms (approx.) on a tankful is too quick. That's why I said, a slightly bigger tank would have been good. I believe the Vento has a slightly bigger tank in the same C2 segment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tejas08 (Post 3693902)

Quote:

Originally Posted by geotracks (Post 3694079)
I understand, all I am trying to say is that my Hyundai Getz which is a hatch, with a slightly lower FE (it gives around 12.5 to 13 kmpl) than the Honda City (gives around 14 to 15 kmpl) on a tankful on City roads, gives more kms (Getz does around 450+ kms) before the needle touches 'Empty' on the Odometer.

I believe the Vento has a slightly bigger tank in the same C2 segment.

The vento has a 55ltr tank which is the largest in the segment. I had always thought that the city capacity was on the lower side, but I just checked all other c2 segment sedans, although the city has the lowest tank capacity at 40ltrs, the others like ciaz, verna, linea and sunny all are in the 41-43 range. My earlier sx4 had a 50 ltr capacity. Looks like this is one of the ways to cut costs and improve efficiency numbers?

The higher capacity is very useful to me. My home town is around 400km away via 2 lane highways with ghat sections. This capacity is enables me to reach there and also complete any local trips for a week and I need to refuel only when starting back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tejas08 (Post 3692161)
That's on my mind since a long time. That's the same point I made at the below post too.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3689774

Everybody has their own views, hence I suggested going for Philips Extreme Vision first. If they find it's good enough for them, then can continue using it else go for an upgrade to HID.

There are some folks on the forum who are actually satisfied with the Low Beam on Stock bulbs too. Depends on every person's perception.

About 2200 RPM.

Tejas xtreme vision does really good in low beam. You don't need to install Philips rally, hid or projectors in the low beam. But as I said before, the hid in the high beam is very effective in the city. The only issue with hid is the not so bright flashing.

Noticed a new problem in the car yesterday. When I was travelling on the highway, I tried to lower the driver side window and the headlight beam suddenly seemed to weaken. This happened thereafter every time I repeated the act. Also operating the high beam or power window switches are affecting the blower speed and headlight intensity. My car is only done around 4000 kms and hardly 6 months old. If this is the condition of the battery, then it sure is a matter of concern. Wanted to know if other owners have noticed or are facing a similar problem. Or is it normal because of the load on the battery and will not aggravate? Pl help with your invaluable inputs.please:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rajeevraj (Post 3694115)
The vento has a 55ltr tank which is the largest in the segment. I had always thought that the city capacity was on the lower side, but I just checked all other c2 segment sedans, although the city has the lowest tank capacity at 40ltrs, the others like ciaz, verna, linea and sunny all are in the 41-43 range. My earlier sx4 had a 50 ltr capacity. Looks like this is one of the ways to cut costs and improve efficiency numbers?

Before we decide that Honda put in a smaller tank to cut costs alone - we need to look at the Diesel variant as well. You will not see the diesel owners complaining about the smaller tank. The average in City limits hovers in the range of 16 kmpl-18 kmpl which would yield 528-596 kms of range @33 Litres being mark before reserve. Although I am not sure if that figure of 33 is correct. I guess its a design trade-off made thinking Diesel would sell more - but the trend seems to be reserving these days...

Update on Alternator Belt Grinding Noise

Post the 1st Paid Servicing on 10-Apr-2015, I have had to take my vehicle three times for the Alternator Belt Grinding Noise.

For Three continous Weeks, each Monday morning I have taken the vehicle to Arya Honda Service Center.

13-Apr-15 - Dropped the car at the Service center in the morning. They cleaned the Drive Belt and Lubricated the Pulley (That's what I was told) and observed it for a day and returned the car on Tuesday. Wednesday Evening the noise was back. Informed the Service Manager (Went a level up this time on reporting the issue)

20-Apr-15 - Dropped the car at the Service center in the morning. This time the mechanic removed the drive belt in front of me and turned the car ON. There was no grinding noise when the Drive belt was removed. They replaced the Drive Belt this time and kept it under observation for a day. Returned the car to me on Tuesday. The Grinding noise was back on Thursday. Talked to the Service Manager and decided to give one more try next week before I think about writing to Honda.

27-Apr-15 - Dropped the car at the Service center today morning. Hoping for a good long-term solution to the problem.

It's been frustrating :Frustrati every monday taking the car to the ASC. Spending about 600 Rs. everytime on Fuel, Auto-Rickshaw & Toll.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tejas08 (Post 3694587)
Update on Alternator Belt Grinding Noise
It's been frustrating :Frustrati every monday taking the car to the ASC. Spending about 600 Rs. everytime on Fuel, Auto-Rickshaw & Toll.

It is indeed very frustrating. This is not something we expect to happen on any Honda and that too on a new one, this is like adding insult to injury:deadhorse. Hope your issue gets rectified once for all. Is it only your car that is facing this issue or others have also reported it? Honda must give a permanent solution.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tejas08 (Post 3694587)

Not expected from Honda. IIRC, earlier indicas had a similar grinding sound from the alternator belt.

The 1.5 Ivtec is the same unit that powered the previous gen city. Cost cutting and localization might be the reason.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AutoIndian (Post 3694598)
It is indeed very frustrating. This is not something we expect to happen on any Honda and that too on a new one, this is like adding insult to injury:deadhorse. Hope your issue gets rectified once for all. Is it only your car that is facing this issue or others have also reported it? Honda must give a permanent solution.

It's the most famous issue discussed on the 4th Gen Honda City. So I am not the only one suffering from this. lol:

Quite frankly, had I not known that this issue is reported by a lot of BHPians and read about it on Team-BHP, I would not have known the issue myself. Because it's very easy to neglect this sound specially when you drive the car around with your windows rolled and AC on. This problem can be only known if you hear the engine carefully in a noise-free environment or open the hood and listen closely.

Hi, My Boss's 2012 (2.5 yrs old)Honda City(Gen 3) has developed a strange problem. It has started rusting and forming blisters. It started with the front hood and then started afresh on the doors, Now there is again a new formation on the hood. The vehicle was taken to Sundaram Honda who acknowledged the issue but are not willing to do anything about it. This was then taken up with Honda directly who acknowledged the problem again but later on backtracked saying the vehicle was subjected to extreme conditions. Now I fail to understand what extrme conditions are there in Chennai(If its the heat and humidity we are talking, sure its getting bad :-)). But this is totally unacceptable for a car that sits in a covered parting lot. The biggest problem is that these blisters are spreading up like cancerous cells. The colour is Urban titanium. Another observation that I made on our 2015 Honda city is that the paint is easily scratched. Do I smell a hint of cost cutting ???

A Quick question on starting the VX CVT Automatic in the right way.

Apparently when I took the delivery of my Bronco (ANHC Petrol Automatic) the Sales Agent advised me to Push Start the Car in a 3 phase process-
1. Push the Start button once without depressing the brake.
2. Push the Start button a second time to see all the electrical components / lights to turn on without depressing the Brake.
3. Finally PRESS the brake and Push the Start button to hear the Roar of the Engine coming alive.

The Sales Agent said that this way of starting the Car gives the engine a stage-wise progression of starting just like it would start if it was a key-start. He says the Honda recommends all their customers to start the CAR in this fashion.

Can you all confirm if this REALLY is the best way to start the Car or can we directly start the car with the first Push of the button and depressing the Brake.