Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-27.html)

I was away from TBHP for a while and when I returned this review just reminded me what I was missing.

Super review GTO. Your reviews get better and better with each passing year. With just the kind of details TBHPians like to read. clap: :thumbs up

I find Indian auto magazines make for some rather insipid reading.

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-honda.gif

Kudos to Honda for Standard Driver SRS Airbags. Its nice to know auto-makers taking safety seriously.

Mixed feeling for pricing. Don't know why the Diesel V variant was kept just 16k over 10L in Bangalore. They know the tax bracket, why then this choice?

Price difference between the top and bottom variants is a reasonably large 2.5L. People choosing the base Diesel would probably like to know if the 62K extra for S would really be worth it or not, (IMO - Yes!).

Good Pricing. But Verna still tops with features. Diesel Auto, Rear Disc Brakes... It would have been feature rich had Hyundai not omitted side air bags. Waiting for Jazz.

Here's a look at the price-wise comparison of all sedans and their variants in the C2 segment.

Prices have been taken from the respective official company websites, except for Volkswagen Vento whose prices are taken from Carwale.

Added the prices of the outgoing 3rd Gen City for reference as well. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom, Delhi.

(Click on the image to open in a separate window)

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-untitled.gif

It says the base 2 variants come with a different front grill. (front chrome grill is from SV variant only). Any pictures of the other grill ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by autotranny (Post 3338416)
It says the base 2 variants come with a different front grill. (front chrome grill is from SV variant only). Any pictures of the other grill ?

I had uploaded a few pics of the painted grill in the base versions:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3335186

Quote:

Originally Posted by //M (Post 3338420)
I had uploaded a few pics of the painted grill in the base versions:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3335186

I guess I prefer the painted grill over the ghastly overdose of chrome.

I think Honda is stereotyping Indians as chrome lovers .:Frustrati

Anybody has pics of the Golden Brown Metallic shade? There is a pic in the official review by GTO, but still I would prefer to look at the color from different angles. There was no Golden Brown Metallic City at the launch event at my dealership so if anybody saw the color, please share some images here.

When I went with the Vento TSI, there was always a nagging thought in my head as to whether I should have waited for the City. Looking at the pricing of the AT variants, am relieved now. The VX CVT would end up being somewhere between 13.5 and 14L OTR Bangalore and I don't think I could have afforded that and IMHO seems a little too much for what it offers. The SV would be somewhere between 11.5-12L OTR and it misses features which I would expect by default after paying so much. As mentioned by several members, a V AT variant may have been ideal.

For once I feel cheated after comparing the prices of 3rd gen City and 4th gen City.

The Ex-showroom price of 'Diesel' City SMT is exactly same as my 3rd gen Petrol City SMT. For that some of money I paid (9.70 lacs- onroad) to bought my petrol SMT, some one will be happily driving a diesel SMT with more features and of course a oil burner under the hood.

Honda has definitely earned enormous profit by over pricing their cars in past! In other words they have cheated customers.

But anyways, that's how these companies are! Exploit & earn huge profits when there is no competition and then cleverly cut prices with subsequent models.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenAvi (Post 3338409)
Here's a look at the price-wise comparison of all sedans and their variants in the C2 segment.

clap::thumbs up for the comparo prices RavenAvi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by //M (Post 3338428)
Anybody has pics of the Golden Brown Metallic shade? There is a pic in the official review by GTO, but still I would prefer to look at the color from different angles. There was no Golden Brown Metallic City at the launch event at my dealership so if anybody saw the color, please share some images here.

Check out Post 9 of this topic.

There is a picture of the New City in the "Golden Brown Metallic" Shade.

Isn't it time that Honda gave us a City Type S? About 150 horses and 200+ nm should do it with all around discs, a better suspension and a stiffened chasis with bigger tyres! I'd pay 15 OTR for it.

Just wonderin' stupidly aloud.

Quote:

Originally Posted by //M (Post 3338428)

Quote:

Originally Posted by tejas08 (Post 3338438)
Check out Post 9 of this topic.

There is a picture of the New City in the "Golden Brown Metallic" Shade.

I think I already mentioned about that pic shared by GTO.

I wanted to see how the car looks like from various other angles.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluevolt (Post 3338435)
For once I feel cheated after comparing the prices of 3rd gen City and 4th gen City.

The Ex-showroom price of 'Diesel' City SMT is exactly same as my 3rd gen Petrol City SMT. For that some of money I paid (9.70 lacs- onroad) to bought my petrol SMT, some one will be happily driving a diesel SMT with more features and of course a oil burner under the hood.

I guess you wanted to say "The Ex-showroom price of 'Diesel' City SMT is exactly same as my 3rd gen Petrol City VMT" & not SMT. Both are at 9.24 lacs ex-showroom. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Quote:

Originally Posted by //M (Post 3338450)
I think I already mentioned about that pic shared by GTO.

I wanted to see how the car looks like from various other angles.

My Bad! Sorry. I actually read the message in a hurry.