Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-282.html)

Yes apparently there is a new price list effective September i believe as mentioned to me by the SA if only I had booked in June itself would have saved a bit!

Quote:

Originally Posted by adarsh76 (Post 3803688)
Honda's service is nowhere near Hyundai's service. But personally for me, there has been no threaten on tyre upsize. However, they told it might void warranty. K&N filters - I haven't asked so far yet.

I checked with Honda Service today and they've given me go ahead to install K&N filters. As per them, it won't avoid warranty and there would be an increase in performance and virtually without any drop in FE for City Petrol engines. Quite a number of 3rd gen City has this installed.

I'm planning to install if this is available in India before November last week when the service is due.

Hi Guys, Need help with some questions on the Automatic variant of Honda City:

1. What is the recommended tire pressure for the car? I was not able to find the values in the owner's manual.

2. Now while driving the car, the gear slot should be in D mode or the S mode. What is the use of the N mode? Should we be shifting to N mode while waiting at traffic signals? If some one can please guide me as to when the N mode should be used, it would be greatly appreciated!

P.S: The car has been driven for about 100kms and the fuel efficiency is around 10kmpl (mostly driven in the city with AC on all the time).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saanil (Post 3804766)
Hi Guys, Need help with some questions on the Automatic variant of Honda City:

1. What is the recommended tire pressure for the car? I was not able to find the values in the owner's manual.

2. Now while driving the car, the gear slot should be in D mode or the S mode. What is the use of the N mode? Should we be shifting to N mode while waiting at traffic signals? If some one can please guide me as to when the N mode should be used, it would be greatly appreciated!

P.S: The car has been driven for about 100kms and the fuel efficiency is around 10kmpl (mostly driven in the city with AC on all the time).

Saanil, I've been driving automatics for the past 14 years and would like to answer your queries :

1. You'll find the recommended tire pressures on a sticker on the pillar when you open your driver's side door.

2. You use D for a standard drive and S (sports mode) for a "spirited" drive but lose out a bit on FE. N is for neutral and you use it if your vehicle were to be ever towed. Some folks in India, I've noticed talk about stopping at traffic on N but the is neither required nor recommended.

Hope this helps!

Quote:

Originally Posted by outdoorlover (Post 3805527)
Some folks in India, I've noticed talk about stopping at traffic on N but the is neither required nor recommended.

Hope this helps!

Energy has to be dissipated somewhere!

When you put the transmission to neutral, the engine just idles away, and is only trying to run by itself without a load. When you put it in gear, you are loading the engine, the transmission and the brakes which work to oppose the other two!

Agreed that the effects are negligible, but isn't it better to just make one small shift to N, specially for those long signals stops? I usually shift to N at signals that have counters in place telling you beforehand when D would be required.

You can get articles on both views online. I found the below one sensible enough-

http://www.topgear.com.ph/features/c...uck-in-traffic

So the honda recall issue for faulty airbags that is going on, does it affect the new cars also which are gonna be delivered. I hope we don't get cars with non working airbags. As a few posts back there was a case of an accident where the airbags did not deploy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigblackshark (Post 3806063)
So the honda recall issue for faulty airbags that is going on, does it affect the new cars also which are gonna be delivered. I hope we don't get cars with non working airbags. As a few posts back there was a case of an accident where the airbags did not deploy.

The news of recall clearly has the period of dates of the affected cars. So nothing to worry on the current manufacturing lot.

As seen in the case of accident, the sensors weren't activated or the accident didn't happen the way it should have to deploy the Airbags. Strange reply from Honda but may be that's how it is.

I was interested in installing an ORVM autofold module in my 2014 idtec city and found the following product. Can anyone enlighten me on this or a similar product?

http://www.autolab.com.my/index.php?...roduct_id=1331

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-autofold.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistiks (Post 3784846)
Excellent advice. I will follow up with service centre fellows. Fingers crossed, this works. Will keep the group posted.

Quick follow up. It turned out to be a fairly minor issue. A loose wire not fixed properly behind the steering wheel assembly. 2 minutes, and there's no more "rattling".

One month of ownership and first service later, with 850 kms behind me at 12.5 km/l on the CVT, I am beginning to realise why this car sells in the numbers that it does.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistiks (Post 3806759)
Quick follow up. It turned out to be a fairly minor issue. A loose wire not fixed properly behind the steering wheel assembly. 2 minutes, and there's no more "rattling".

One month of ownership and first service later, with 850 kms behind me at 12.5 km/l on the CVT, I am beginning to realise why this car sells in the numbers that it does.

Take to a good highway and there would be a big smile on your face. On 2 lane highways in Kerala the MID displayed up to 20.5 kms/l. The cruise control on open roads is another fun factor :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 3806066)
The news of recall clearly has the period of dates of the affected cars. So nothing to worry on the current manufacturing lot.

I must have missed the manufacturing date ranges for this recall. Can anyone help with this info? Mine is a Nov 2014 made iVTec (V MT). Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OwnersPride (Post 3808544)

I must have missed the manufacturing date ranges for this recall. Can anyone help with this info? Mine is a Nov 2014 made iVTec (V MT). Thanks.

Hey, check the below link.

https://hondacarindia.com/PUD5VG/Mul...erInquiry.aspx

You'll have your City's VIN with you, Right? Just put it in that and Check. If it is listed for the recall then go to your HASS and get it done.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigblackshark (Post 3806063)

Quote:

Originally Posted by OwnersPride (Post 3808544)

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 3808553)
Hey, check the below link.

https://hondacarindia.com/PUD5VG/Mul...erInquiry.aspx

You'll have your City's VIN with you, Right? Just put it in that and Check. If it is listed for the recall then go to your HASS and get it done.

1. Your City's VIN would be part of your RC card/ paper documented as Chassis number, its a 17 letters in length.
2. The link shared will inform you if your car is effected, and if so, the free replacement of the effected part will happen after Oct 12th, 2015. Honda is probably in the mode of transporting the required part from their manufacturing facility all over India.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adarsh76 (Post 3804757)
I checked with Honda Service today and they've given me go ahead to install K&N filters. As per them, it won't avoid warranty and there would be an increase in performance and virtually without any drop in FE for City Petrol engines. Quite a number of 3rd gen City has this installed.

I'm planning to install if this is available in India before November last week when the service is due.

Thanks for the update. Can you post the price of this Filter for the IVTEC?
Also check with the K&N Dealer if there is a plan to release a filter for the IDTEC? :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsrivatsa (Post 3809280)
Thanks for the update. Can you post the price of this Filter for the IVTEC?

Also check with the K&N Dealer if there is a plan to release a filter for the IDTEC? :thumbs up

The last that I checked, the K&N filter costed was about 6k I think online.