Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2015, 18:29   #4261
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeprevving View Post
In my opinion, its not Ciaz that is eating up City sales. Creta is the one that is affecting sales of midsize sedans. I have come across 10-15 people who have booked Creta over City/Ciaz. Its the Pseudo-SUVish look and ground clearance that is responsible.
Yes I agree. It's the Creta mainly eating up City here although I'm seeing quite a number of Ciaz Diesel models on the road as well. Needs to be seen how the Ciaz Hybrid version sells up.
Old 1st October 2015, 19:27   #4262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
Yes I agree. It's the Creta mainly eating up City here although I'm seeing quite a number of Ciaz Diesel models on the road as well. Needs to be seen how the Ciaz Hybrid version sells up.
Looks to be true: URL

It seems to be fully booked till the end of this year!!
Old 1st October 2015, 20:29   #4263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
Ivtec owners,have you ever noticed that the gear knob vibrates and sort of feels like it's grinding when you let your hand lean on it?
This happens in third gear, especially when I'm accelerating. It's very irritating and feels like the gearbox is going to break. Doesn't happen in any other gear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakv View Post
Yup - been this way since I got my car last June. It probably isn't as hard/noticeable in my case though as compared to your description. Living with it for now.
Facing the same issue with my new Jazz SV MT Petrol bought this Sunday. The SA has advised to live with it for a while and see if the problem gets worse. Says that it has been reported by city owners till date and that Jazz is a first for them. I too feel the gears grinding while in third gear. SA said it'll take minimum of 15-20 days for Honda to identify the issue before they reach a conclusion and they will have to open the entire gear box for it, which he mentioned is not a good thing to do.

I will report this during the first service so that it gets recorded and will observe the vehicle's behavior till the next falls due. In case I find it getting too intrusive, I will press them for a gear box change or whatever parts that are required to be changed to make it work normally. I have a 930 km trip ahead of me tomorrow and am a little concerned about this since this can get me stranded in the middle of nowhere.
Old 1st October 2015, 20:40   #4264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Looks to be true: URL

It seems to be fully booked till the end of this year!!
Well It's still early days for Creta. As far as City is concerned, doing consistenly above 5K+ Units by a C2 Sedan till the 21st Month from the Launch is still a commanding number. I don't remember any Million Bucks car ever being able to achieve this.

Now that I have already made some post, I will just use the same post to show off my first LTD Stickers on my City.
Attached Thumbnails
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_6205.jpg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_6207.jpg  

Last edited by tejas08 : 1st October 2015 at 20:54. Reason: Minor correction on the number of months
tejas08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2015, 20:58   #4265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.sumit View Post
Facing the same issue with my new Jazz SV MT Petrol bought this Sunday. The SA has advised to live with it for a while and see if the problem gets worse. Says that it has been reported by city owners till date and that Jazz is a first for them. I too feel the gears grinding while in third gear. SA said it'll take minimum of 15-20 days for Honda to identify the issue before they reach a conclusion and they will have to open the entire gear box for it, which he mentioned is not a good thing to do.

I will report this during the first service so that it gets recorded and will observe the vehicle's behavior till the next falls due. In case I find it getting too intrusive, I will press them for a gear box change or whatever parts that are required to be changed to make it work normally. I have a 930 km trip ahead of me tomorrow and am a little concerned about this since this can get me stranded in the middle of nowhere.
Hmm, maybe because they didn't sell many jazz before. I think that the gearbox for both is quite similar and by the looks of it,I am of the impression that this is a design flaw? I will definitely report this to Honda again now that I know many other city owners are also facing this.
Old 1st October 2015, 21:17   #4266
BHPian

Quote:
Hmm, maybe because they didn't sell many jazz before. I think that the gearbox for both is quite similar and by the looks of it,I am of the impression that this is a design flaw? I will definitely report this to Honda again now that I know many other city owners are also facing this.
It does. The guy also quoted that he recommend the same thing to a couple of city owners and they've been using the car for 6+ months now and haven't reported an increase in vibration intensity.

As per him, one thing that is critical is to get it recorded on the job card while handing over the car for service so that the records can be referred to while making a warranty claim. Verbal communication wont help since you may or may not find the same guy who checked the issue earlier. This will take you back to square one if not recorded. I made sure I highlighted this issue while I received a feedback call and also while providing a post purchase online feedback.
k.sumit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2015, 07:00   #4267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilagdr View Post
I was interested in installing an ORVM autofold module in my 2014 idtec city and found the following product. Can anyone enlighten me on this or a similar product?

http://www.autolab.com.my/index.php?...roduct_id=1331

Attachment 1417048
Hello Guys

Even I'm interested. In case somebody has already installed it do please enlighten us.

Thanks Harpreet
Old 4th October 2015, 09:47   #4268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
Hello Guys

Even I'm interested. In case somebody has already installed it do please enlighten us.

Thanks Harpreet
Two things :-
First : The product off hand seems to be good. But what is the cost and are the service center guys ready to install it without much tampering with the wiring.
Second : I have a serious doubt with the battery life of the new generation City. The battery seems to be overloaded with the entire system to an extent that while driving with heaf lights on, even if you operate the power window buttons, the headlight beam seems to dim quite a bit and this is the condition with a one year old battery. Who knows what will happen after a few more years. Anybody else facing a similar issue?
Old 4th October 2015, 10:23   #4269
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Driven the old Jazz for 70k km now, it's gearbox is perfect. Silky smooth, slick, short throw... with the proverbial hot-knife-through-butter feel. No harshness whatsoever.

In contrast, my City iDTEC's gear feels significantly more rough and clunky, even after over 37000km on the odo. The lever requires more force to operate and has a generally industrial feel to it. It is actually quite like my 10 year old Scorpio's gearbox except that the throw is obviously a lot shorter.

Complained about it during service. SA insists this is normal and promptly lets me check with other cars in the workshop.

Another thing I have noticed is that the City's gear oil takes more time to warm up than the Jazz's. During cold Delhi winter mornings, the City needs more time for the gearbox to start feeling 'normal'. Jazz becomes smooth sooner.
Old 4th October 2015, 10:29   #4270
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator1101 View Post
Second : I have a serious doubt with the battery life of the new generation City. The battery seems to be overloaded with the entire system to an extent that while driving with heaf lights on, even if you operate the power window buttons, the headlight beam seems to dim quite a bit and this is the condition with a one year old battery. Who knows what will happen after a few more years. Anybody else facing a similar issue?
Absolutely not. I have upgraded the high beam to Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited and the horn to Hella Windtone(with relay). I can confirm that the electrical system stays stable with all lights on (low beam+high beam+fogs), music system blaring, wipers on and with the horn/power window operating. No issues whatsoever. The battery is stock and is 20 months old now.

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 4th October 2015 at 10:31.
Old 4th October 2015, 20:09   #4271
BHPian

My 2012 Honda City VMT I-Vtec's stock dual horns when pressed continuously tends to become weak. Do other City owners (new or old) face similar issue with the horn?

At first I thought, maybe due to a weak battery. But not too long ago I changed the stock battery and installed a brand new Amaron battery. However the dual horn issue described above still persists. Wonder if Honda engineers designed it this way so as to 'save battery power' if a driver chooses to honk with a long press.
Old 4th October 2015, 21:55   #4272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotracks View Post
My 2012 Honda City VMT I-Vtec's stock dual horns when pressed continuously tends to become weak. Do other City owners (new or old) face similar issue with the horn?

At first I thought, maybe due to a weak battery. But not too long ago I changed the stock battery and installed a brand new Amaron battery. However the dual horn issue described above still persists. Wonder if Honda engineers designed it this way so as to 'save battery power' if a driver chooses to honk with a long press.
Same thing used to happen with my car horns until they finally stopped working. Get them changed. I am using Minda trumpets now and they are awesome.
Old 5th October 2015, 07:56   #4273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotracks View Post

This is common problem with 3rd gen City. Got the horn replaced under warranty for about 5 times in 4 years.

And after the warranty paid 2k+ to get the new horns of 4th gen and as of now they are working fine.

If your car is under warranty get it replaced for free else after market horns will be good option.
Old 5th October 2015, 08:47   #4274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Same thing used to happen with my car horns until they finally stopped working. Get them changed. I am using Minda trumpets now and they are awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
This is common problem with 3rd gen City. Got the horn replaced under warranty for about 5 times in 4 years.

And after the warranty paid 2k+ to get the new horns of 4th gen and as of now they are working fine.

If your car is under warranty get it replaced for free else after market horns will be good option.
Thanks, both.

I had got additional year's warranty which should be good until 2016. When I had initially asked ASS of Honda about a 1+ year back, they told me that this was by design, so never really followed up on this.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 5th October 2015 at 09:02. Reason: Typo
Old 5th October 2015, 15:57   #4275
BHPian

I have a quick question for fellow Honda City owners. How much engine oil goes in when we do a oil change?
The Honda Service bills say quantity as 36 Units. Is this for 3.6 litres? I know for sure that its between 3.5 and 4 litres.

Most Viewed