Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-289.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiro3110 (Post 3829058)
Coming Today! Got a call from Pinnacle Honda that they have the VX Petrol offloaded and can deliver it. Checked-out out the car and tracked the VIN number too. Manufactured in Oct 2015!

They are doing some final cleaning and accessories fitting. It would be delivered in a few hours. Can't wait; time seems to go slow now. :uncontrol

Hearty congratulations and wish that you have a good delivery experience and many safe and happy miles...clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiro3110 (Post 3828294)
Hi Guys,

When I was scrutinizing the display vehicle (V MT Diesel), I had one question which the SA did not come up with a proper response: How can we set the map lights in the cabin to activate when we open the door?

Secondly, just before I was leaving i saw this on one of the cars in the storage area. The front discs looked rusted! Is this normal?

Attachment 1428670

The dealer is Pinnacle Honda in Asansol, West Bengal.

If you set map light switch to middle, map light turns on whenever door is opened.

Rusty discs are common in damp environment and if car is stationary. To remove rust just take car for ride it goes away .

Hi friends, it's been a long time since I posted on this thread. My City is completing its one year this month and I am very happy and satisfied with the performance so far. My wife is using the car right now and is very happy. Got my first paid service and costed me 8056/-
Insurance renewal costed another 31405/-, primarily because I had claimed insurance once( so no NCB)
I hope these rates are at par with the other members. Please do suggest if anyone had a different experience.
Overall satisfaction levels are a 100% 😊

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiro3110 (Post 3828294)
Hi Guys,

When I was scrutinizing the display vehicle (V MT Diesel), I had one question which the SA did not come up with a proper response: How can we set the map lights in the cabin to activate when we open the door?

Secondly, just before I was leaving i saw this on one of the cars in the storage area. The front discs looked rusted! Is this normal?

Attachment 1428670

The dealer is Pinnacle Honda in Asansol, West Bengal.

If you put light switch in middle, it lights up whenever you open the door.

Rusty disc brakes are common in rainy season and damp environment. If you park car for longer duration in such conditions disc brakes start rusting.
To remove rust just take your car for ride and it goes away :D

Just got mine delivered y'day. Diesel V MT trim in Urban Titanium (Grey) color. Worthy upgrade from my Polo TDI. Very happy! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoctorKK (Post 3829354)
Got my first paid service and costed me 8056/-
Insurance renewal costed another 31405/-, primarily because I had claimed insurance once( so no NCB)
I hope these rates are at par with the other members. Please do suggest if anyone had a different experience.
Overall satisfaction levels are a 100% 😊

Can you provide the breakup for 8056INR you spent for your first paid service. It seems to be quite high, or is it okay for 2014 Honda City?

Quote:

Originally Posted by xKSB (Post 3829952)
Just got mine delivered y'day. Diesel V MT trim in Urban Titanium (Grey) color. Worthy upgrade from my Polo TDI. Very happy! :D

Many congratulations....Have a great ownership experience and many happy miles.

Quote:

Originally Posted by keeprevving (Post 3830207)
Can you provide the breakup for 8056INR you spent for your first paid service. It seems to be quite high, or is it okay for 2014 Honda City?

Even I would like to know the breakup as the total does appear to be high. Were you able to do 10k on the odo at this service?

Last week while driving, started hearing a slight ‘noise’. Preventive maintenance servicing was due, so I went to the Honda showroom and gave my Honda City for regular servicing and at that time requested them to check out the ‘noise’. The car was also pulling slightly to the left.

A few months ago when a similar sound had come, turned out that 2 of the stock MRF ZVTV tyres had developed a ‘bulge’ on the side wall. This happened at 2 different time intervals. This was causing the noise, slight wobbling and vehicle being pulled to one side. Replaced the faulty & damaged tyres with new ones and all was fine.

This time once again, for the 3rd time one of my MRF ZVTV tyres’ side wall was ‘bulged’ which was causing this ‘noise’. I believe this was one of the new replacement tyres that had developed the bulge. The service center swapped it with the spare wheel and magically the ‘noise’ disappeared.

I drive carefully over bumps and uneven roads, hence very surprised how a 3rd tyre has the same bulge issue. Really makes me wonder about the MRF ZVTV tyre quality.

Then again, the thought comes to my mind, are the rather ‘skinny’ tires (with inherent quality issues) on the Honda City not able to take the ‘weight’ of the car each time it goes over bad roads that is causing these bulges.

Anyone else faced these tyre bulging issues? Wonder if there was a 'faulty batch' of these MRF ZVTV tyres that is causing similar issues.

While the tyres are still under warrantee and will be replaced, it is just additional work to coordinate and request for replacement.

Quote:

Got my first paid service and costed me 8056/-

Unfortunately 8k is definitely on the higher side. I had paid less than 4k for my 1st paid service.

Service centers try to rip off unsuspecting customers with unnecessary add-ons which are not required as per the manufacturer's guidelines.

Read this thread here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...infectant.html ... there are other threads as well which showcase the scams these service centers try.

Can you post breakup of the bill?

Quote:

Again, 31k is on the higher side. I got mine renewed from Tata AIG for 21k. Even I had claimed insurance once and didn't get NCB. In fact Solitaire Honda (my dealer) had quoted me 25k but then I decided not to go for Honda Assure as it doesn't make any difference at all. It's just a marketing gimmick to make the extra brokerage commission.

The trick in insurance is to start discussing with various agents 2 months in advance and pitch one against the other. The process requires time and patience but then results in saving money.

Oh dear, so have I really ended up paying more? Unfortunately I don't have the break up of the bill as my wife gave it for servicing and I am in a different city now. But what is the usual charge for first paid service for 2014 city diesel model? Is it really under 4K?
As far as insurance is concerned,my amount for new insurance was around 34k and this time renewal was 27k. Because I had claimed it once,it came to 31k. Insurance is by Honda assure and Royal Sundaram.
Are the charges for insurance and servicing too high in opinion of other members for a 2014 model of City 'V' diesel. Please let me know so I can talk to my Service centre.

[quote=avdhesh15;3830577]Unfortunately 8k is definitely on the higher side. I had paid less than 4k for my 1st paid service

Again, 31k is on the higher side. I got mine renewed from Tata AIG for 21k. Even I had claimed insurance once and didn't get NCB. In fact Solitaire Honda (my dealer) had quoted me 25k but then I decided not to go for Honda Assure as it doesn't make any difference at all. It's just a marketing gimmick to make the extra brokerage commission.

I strictly told the service center not to do anything outside the recommended jobs by the company and he confirmed the same to my wife at the time of billing.
My insurance is bumper to bumper from Honda assure. Is this the reason why I had to pay more?

So I have a Silver Petrol VMT model available by end of the month from Ring Road Honda (No Discounts or Offers) & Urban Titanium/Golden Brown available by Diwali from Prime Honda (No Discounts or Offers).

Are there usually any discounts in December on Honda City? I can delay my booking if that is the case. I don't mind purchasing 2015 model in December if I'm getting a good discount as I don't plan to sell car soon so not looking at resale value. However, the dealers tell me there aren't any discounts on Honda City in December as well as there is no Stock to clear really. Is that true?

Should I wait till December or book now. Please guide.

I don't think you will be getting any discount on the city as it is still the best selling car in it's category and has some waiting period.
Saw an Adv in the paper the other day where they are offering good discounts on Mobilio and Amaze. There was so much hype and waiting for the Mobilio when it was launched that they had to shut down the manufacturing of City for a month to make way for Mobilio. Wonder how quickly equations change!!

Hello folks, after owning a Honda City Zx Gxi for 7 years, decided to own another Honda City 2015 iVtec CVT Vx. Booked the car last week, made full payment and expect the car to be delivered on Wednesday 28th October. Other cars I test drove were Vento TSI and TDI, Verna (petrol and diesel) and Rapid Petrol and TDI. Felt all round comfort with Honda City, which none of the others could match. The CVT is particularly impressive and Honda engineers have done a wonderful job regarding drive ability. I was informed that the car came fitted with Goodyears OEM. Any feedback on the OEM tyre experience? Should I upgrade them to 195/60?

Since I have booked the Vx version, can anyone suggest any must have accessories that improve / protect the looks and car condition. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Another zoomcar goes crashing. This time it's a frontal collision of a Honda City.

I was at the Service Center today to put my car through the 30K / 18 Month service. Saw this accident zoomcar outside the Service Center.

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_6736.jpg
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_6738.jpg
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_6739.jpg
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_6741.jpg

I am not expert to judge the speed of the impact from the photos. But my best guess it that the Impact should have been somewhere between 50-60 kmph.

An analysis from the photographs:

Quote:

Originally Posted by AAAP (Post 3831395)
Hello folks, after owning a Honda City Zx Gxi for 7 years, decided to own another Honda City 2015 iVtec CVT Vx. Booked the car last week, made full payment and expect the car to be delivered on Wednesday 28th October. Other cars I test drove were Vento TSI and TDI, Verna (petrol and diesel) and Rapid Petrol and TDI. Felt all round comfort with Honda City, which none of the others could match. The CVT is particularly impressive and Honda engineers have done a wonderful job regarding drive ability. I was informed that the car came fitted with Goodyears OEM. Any feedback on the OEM tyre experience? Should I upgrade them to 195/60?

Since I have booked the Vx version, can anyone suggest any must have accessories that improve / protect the looks and car condition. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Congrats on the Booking. No Accessories are required IMO for the VX CVT. You could just add the basic stuff:

Regarding Tyres, I think Good Years are the worst of the lot that Honda offer for the City. If it's really Good Year, you might want to upgrade to Michelin XM2 or Yokohamas.