Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-29.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by joslicx (Post 3338854)
Well typically the resale of Diesels is also much much better than Petrols so you can make up for that initial 1.2L loss there. Theres also the feel-good factor at the petrol bunks as well :)

True, but 1.2L in the bank would have doubled by the time you sell the car.

But, everything else matched, a diesel car makes more sense than a petrol one.

But I find the City petrol, a much more compelling proposition than the City diesel. The sweet, high revving, refined iVtec petrol is any day better than the coarse iDtec diesel.

Just got the Mumbai price list from Apex Honda.

Attached is the price list for Bangalore from Magnum Honda

Venkat

Quote:

Originally Posted by uday.ere (Post 3338732)
Carwale has a series of pics that you may want to check out.

http://www.carwale.com/honda-cars/city/photos/

http://www.carwale.com/honda-cars/ci...iews-11754/p8/

...The Golden Brown shade from various angles is towards the end of the 73 pics

Thanks, saw pics of the gloden brown shade. The pics seem to be taken as if just to satisfy the request of member //M. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by venkat2020 (Post 3338889)
Attached is the price list for Bangalore from Magnum Honda

Venkat

Rs. 9500 'handling charge'! I don't know why we don't refuse to pay this amount.

Bangalore kills all car buying aspirations. The ex-showroom of 10.14 (which is less than 10 in almost all other Indian cities) for VX MT results in a 18.84% road tax. And you pay this to drive on what I consider to be an apology in the name of roads.

Quote:

Originally Posted by joslicx (Post 3338854)
Well typically the resale of Diesels is also much much better than Petrols so you can make up for that initial 1.2L loss there. Theres also the feel-good factor at the petrol bunks as well :)

I just sold a 5 year old City VTEC (the one that was just discontinued) and got good money for it. The City Petrol retains good value over time and the Diesel advantage may not be that big in second hand resale markets.

Saw the price list from Apex Honda. Thanks. Wanted to know what is Ex-Warehouse price list and how is it different from Ex-Mumbai prices?.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tats07 (Post 3338925)
Bangalore kills all car buying aspirations. The ex-showroom of 10.14 (which is less than 10 in almost all other Indian cities) for VX MT results in a 18.84% road tax. And you pay this to drive on what I consider to be an apology in the name of roads.

Well said. I think bangalore is one city where the car owners are take for a ride. Pay more in all taxes, and then pay again for maintaining your vehicles due to bad roads. I have not see a road with more than 2 kms pothole free / humps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpshah68 (Post 3338967)
Saw the price list from Apex Honda. Thanks. Wanted to know what is Ex-Warehouse price list and how is it different from Ex-Mumbai prices?.

Perhaps the Octroi that they may charge if you pick it up within Mumbai.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ambadan (Post 3338846)
Read somewhere today that 75% of bookings are for diesel. Tried to find the break-even for the Petrol Vs diesel and found that one need to run 60K kms for break even while calculating on the ex showroom price. Are we just going by cheap fuel not by the value for money.

Where does one get petrol and diesel for those 71.51 & 53.78 in Bangalore. Am I missing something ? please:

Quote:

Originally Posted by nik_kapur (Post 3338929)
I just sold a 5 year old City VTEC (the one that was just discontinued) and got good money for it. The City Petrol retains good value over time and the Diesel advantage may not be that big in second hand resale markets.

Maybe because there was no Diesel option with City so far. But now City Petrol might not enjoy that good resale value anymore.

I think it might be interesting to look at resale value of Verna P and Verna D. Thats the car City would replace as the segment leader. I guess Verna Petrol and Diesel resale values might reflect for City as well.

I inquired about the new Honda City with the Dakshin Honda, Lavelle Road, Bangalore. The SP said test drive vehicle is yet to arrive. They are getting a few diesel cars delivered to them in a week or two. We are interested in petrol City but the dealer was non-committal on the probable month of delivery if we book our vehicle now.
Please suggest if I should book the car now or wait for the TD as the engine is the same as 3rd generation and I loved that free revving engine. We would like to get the car by April as we are planning a trip in April/May in the new car.

Honda City Ex showroom price list for Chennai.

Quote:

Originally Posted by joslicx (Post 3339008)
Maybe because there was no Diesel option with City so far. But now City Petrol might not enjoy that good resale value anymore.

I think it might be interesting to look at resale value of Verna P and Verna D. Thats the car City would replace as the segment leader. I guess Verna Petrol and Diesel resale values might reflect for City as well.

Not at all.

Verna Petrol is a depreciation disaster. Whereas the City is the only sedan with above average resale value for petrol. Difference in resale value for petrol and diesel will be much less for City compared to the Verna or any other car in this segment for that matter, simply because of the high resale City Petrol commands.

Quote:

Originally Posted by avisidhu (Post 3339035)
Not at all.

Verna Petrol is a depreciation disaster. Whereas the City is the only sedan with above average resale value for petrol. Difference in resale value for petrol and diesel will be much less for City compared to the Verna or any other car in this segment for that matter, simply because of the high resale City Petrol commands.

I think joslicx is right here. Resale value depends on the demand. And current bookings reported for City is 75% for diesels. If you look at last month's sales of the Verna, the diesel : petrol ratio is the same (76:24). Hence resale value of petrol City is going to drop. (But, yes, only for the new gen ones)