Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-290.html)

Honda City CVT Recalled in India

Quote:

Honda has issued a recall for the City sedan in India. A part of the carmaker's "recall campaign in several regions globally", the recall affects 3,879 units of CVT variants of the Honda City manufactured from February, 14 to November, 14. The procedure has been initiated to allow Honda to update the software that manages the continuously variable transmission (CVT) on the affected units of the Honda City. The CVT control software will be updated to optimize the Hydraulic Pressure applied to the CVT.

Starting October 24, 2015, the aforementioned software update will be done at Honda dealership across India*at no cost to the customers. Honda Cars India will get in touch with the affected customers directly. Furthermore, customers can also visit the company's official website to check if their car is covered under this recall.
SOURCE: http://auto.ndtv.com/news/id-1235648

Friends could anyone pleas share info on how much the first paid service( one year/20k Kms) for the diesel city cost you? I spoke in detail to my service guy and he told that they just did what is recommended by Honda at this time except for AC disinfectant which costed some 870/- bucks.
I spoke to the other company service centre and he told as my car had done only 9000 Kms,there was no point in changing the oil or filters etc and no warranty issues would crop up later. However my service guy told me that warranty issues would come if they don't go according to honda's policy of servicing and part replacement no matter how much the car has done.
Please give your valuable feedback.

So, something very alarming happened in my 2014 City VMT Petrol.
Water had accumulated in the left side rear door (near the area where the rear speaker is situated.
The SA dismantled the door and the water just came gushing down. I really don't know how could water even enter the door?
I realised this while going over humps, because it would sound like a shaking water bottle and I thought something was wrong with the petrol tank but that wasn't the case.
Please advise as to what needs to be done now! Any help would be appreciated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoctorKK (Post 3832283)
Friends could anyone pleas share info on how much the first paid service( one year/20k Kms) for the diesel city cost you? I spoke in detail to my service guy and he told that they just did what is recommended by Honda at this time except for AC disinfectant which costed some 870/- bucks.
I spoke to the other company service centre and he told as my car had done only 9000 Kms,there was no point in changing the oil or filters etc and no warranty issues would crop up later. However my service guy told me that warranty issues would come if they don't go according to honda's policy of servicing and part replacement no matter how much the car has done.
Please give your valuable feedback.

Your service guy is right. Honda is very strict when it comes to warranties. Just follow the manual and do whatever it says on every service to be on the safe side. My bill for 20k service was 7500. Do change the oil and filters mentioned in service manual.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 3832764)
Your service guy is right. Honda is very strict when it comes to warranties. Just follow the manual and do whatever it says on every service to be on the safe side. My bill for 20k service was 7500. Do change the oil and filters mentioned in service manual.

Thanks Bro. I had a pretty lengthy talk with the GM of the show room. He told me and send me the Honda recommended jobs to be done at 20k Kms. He told that other service centres are not following the recommended protocol and might lead to warranty issues later. The only thing they had done extra was AC disinfection for which he politely agreed to make the refund. Think it was a fair deal as I had not requested for it to be done. Overall I was convinced with his explanation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tejas08 (Post 3831946)
Another zoomcar goes crashing. This time it's a frontal collision of a Honda City.

These consistent Zoomcar crashes just reaffirm my personal belief that people drive carefully/sanely in a particular car only and only when they are aware of the fact that every penny going towards the repair and maintenance of that car is coming from their own pocket. :Frustrati

This is an important fact to always bear in mind in an event that we lend someone our automobiles for whatever cause. I almost never do it. Except my mechanic of course :)

Hello Team BHP. Just got my membership approved and I'm really grateful!

We received our Honda City Vx-mt ivtec in Golden brown on 14th October. I stay in Surat and we got our car from Landmark Honda. We booked our car sometime in the first week of September. They were ready to deliver it to us by sept end but since we needed to arrange for finances and since 14th was an auspicious day (my birthday according to the stars) for us, we decided to get it then. They easily let us do the PDI about a week before delivery and we only made payment after we saw that everything was fine, except for the non-uniform panel gaps near the boot, which most of the cars there had. They were even ready to let me choose any other similar car if I was dissatisfied but I did not since the one allotted to us came with Michelin set, thank God! Because of this we decided not to go for the tyre upgrade for now.

The delivery was all smooth and even they were fast since it was a rush day, courtesy dussehra. He service rep walere all courteous, but this being North India, they did mess up my dad's south Indian Name in all of their documents. They changed and gave new printouts for their documents but the name change in insurance, RSA and RTO is still pending. The process is still undergoing. The odo was at 10 km which is fine. The accessories they gave included the pendrive too which is nice and as a small bonus, we got three coupons for a car wash, which is very less but yeah.

With regards to accessories, we bought a couple of car charging cables since our 12 year old Indica didn't have a socket so never used it before. 3d maxpider mats for 6.3k which I already love. A car duster, car shampoo, microfibre cloth all came too. Since the vx has leather seats, we also got the f1 leather cleaner. Gotta see how good they are. We didn't go for any fancy accessories other than the standard. Maybe once I start earning myself I'll pimp this up to my taste someday :p

The car itself has been a dream to drive. The smoothness and power delivery in 2nd gear never ceases to amaze me. The passengers all feel very comfortable. The thigh support in the front support is something I love. I sit quite low and wide, spreading my legs, so this is a boon. The AC is powerful enough. The sunroof is really nice in the night! But the drive has to be the best part. I've clocked some 200 km in the past week with a 70-30% city drive and it has been a pleasure after coming from a very harsh indica diesel.

I'll be going on a longer drive in a week, maybe clock another 400km on highways. I've had an avg fuel efficiency of about 10.5kmpl as seem on MID. I'm an enthusiastic driver, but the new car and the comfort really does calm you down and I haven't really crossed 2.5k revs much gill now. So expecting about 14-15kmpl on the trip.

The first service will be in 2 weeks and I've already scourged through all 4300 posts in the thread so I'm really grateful to all of you since I now know what to expect. Thanks again and I'll keep posting about any niggles or wonders as and when they come.

Hello all. My query is regarding the 3M anti rust underbody coat used on Honda city by the service centres. It is black in colour, tends to get very dirty and mud sticks to it easily as well.:Frustrati Is silver colour 3M anti rust underbody paint available? If yes, has anyone used it? I think silver can hide dirt well and will bring down the monthly washing frequency.

Quote:

Originally Posted by avdhesh15 (Post 3830577)
Unfortunately 8k is definitely on the higher side. I had paid less than 4k for my 1st paid service.

Service centers try to rip off unsuspecting customers with unnecessary add-ons which are not required as per the manufacturer's guidelines.

Read this thread here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...infectant.html ... there are other threads as well which showcase the scams these service centers try.

Can you post breakup of the bill?

Again, 31k is on the higher side. I got mine renewed from Tata AIG for 21k. Even I had claimed insurance once and didn't get NCB. In fact Solitaire Honda (my dealer) had quoted me 25k but then I decided not to go for Honda Assure as it doesn't make any difference at all. It's just a marketing gimmick to make the extra brokerage commission.

The trick in insurance is to start discussing with various agents 2 months in advance and pitch one against the other. The process requires time and patience but then results in saving money.

My insurance is due to expire in a week and I've got an Insurance Renewal Reminder cum Quote from the dealer for an amount of Rs 16116 with 20% NCB. Previous insurance was for Rs 22129 from ICICI Lombard.
Now I called up TATA AIG on their helpline and for a normal comprehensive package they are quoting 12000 and nil dep package for 15-16000. I'm quite surprised how this huge a difference between the two companies. Need guidance pl

Quote:

Originally Posted by aviator1101 (Post 3834099)
My insurance is due to expire in a week and I've got an Insurance Renewal Reminder cum Quote from the dealer for an amount of Rs 16116 with 20% NCB. Previous insurance was for Rs 22129 from ICICI Lombard.
Now I called up TATA AIG on their helpline and for a normal comprehensive package they are quoting 12000 and nil dep package for 15-16000. I'm quite surprised how this huge a difference between the two companies. Need guidance pl

Is the quote from ICICI directly or through Honda dealer? If through the dealer, the difference is due to the margin which he is keeping. He will give you some c**p about Honda Assure benefits but that can be ignored. Just take the cheapest possible option ensuring that it's an apple to apple comparison. You could try calling ICICI directly and inform them about other quotes you have received and am sure you will receive an amount closer to TATA this time around.

Quote:

Originally Posted by keeprevving (Post 3834050)
Hello all. My query is regarding the 3M anti rust underbody coat used on Honda city by the service centres. It is black in colour, tends to get very dirty and mud sticks to it easily as well.:Frustrati Is silver colour 3M anti rust underbody paint available? If yes, has anyone used it? I think silver can hide dirt well and will bring down the monthly washing frequency.

Both variants of 3M antitrust (5 yrs warranty and 2 yrs) are similar in colour and finish and do their job well. 3M has recently introduced a coating for silencers which is silver colour but it is very different in composition and viscosity and cannot be used for general underbody.

Regarding Tyres, I think Good Years are the worst of the lot that Honda offer for the City. If it's really Good Year, you might want to upgrade to Michelin XM2 or Yokohamas.[/quote]

Thank you very much for your suggestions.

1. 3M Nomad Mats I suppose one should buy from 3M car care.
2. Anti rust protection - Is it really necessary? Arent cars supposed to get some anti rust protection from the OEM?
3. Already have the TP gauge etc.
4. My SA mentioned that my vehicle came with Good Year pre-fitted from the factory. I wasn't able to do Pre-registration inspection since I stay in Navi Mumbai and the yard was in Vasai (2 hour drive). I am planning to upgrade to 195/60 R15 Michelin P3ST. Any idea about how much the Good Years can fetch me from the dealer.
5. The dealer has listed a high power headlight kit (Xenon kit) as accessory for Rs. 15,500. Feedback from anyone who had it installed would be really appreciated. Not sure if they include projectors.
6. Planning to install door protectors (rs.6500) from the dealer. Does it ruin the looks of the car. I thought it would be a useful protection in tight parking spaces.
7. One think I would like to mention is about Local Body Tax (LBT). Since I reside in Navi Mumbai where LBT used to be levied until August, there were some dealers who quoted me an on road price including LBT, while there were some other dealers who quoted me an on road price without LBT. LBT, as I know, was scrapped in August-2015. Upon asking one dealer, he informed me that LBT is still applicable for business establishments whose turnover is R50crs and above. As a result had to book the car with a non-preferred dealer in far away Borivali. Such are the strange ways of taxation in our country.

Thanks much for your reply

Quote:

Originally Posted by avdhesh15 (Post 3834114)
Is the quote from ICICI directly or through Honda dealer? If through the dealer, the difference is due to the margin which he is keeping. He will give you some c**p about Honda Assure benefits but that can be ignored. Just take the cheapest possible option ensuring that it's an apple to apple comparison. You could try calling ICICI directly and inform them about other quotes you have received and am sure you will receive an amount closer to TATA this time around.

I got a quote of 11569/- finally from TATA AIG including a 50% discount for online inquiry.clap:
But the problem is Honda Claim Assistance whom i rang up on toll free number said Honda Assure doesn't have a tie up with TATA AIG. Will it make any difference? I'm getting a benefit of almost 4500/- over the ICICI quote through the dealer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aviator1101 (Post 3834754)
I got a quote of 11569/- finally from TATA AIG including a 50% discount for online inquiry.clap:
But the problem is Honda Claim Assistance whom i rang up on toll free number said Honda Assure doesn't have a tie up with TATA AIG. Will it make any difference? I'm getting a benefit of almost 4500/- over the ICICI quote through the dealer.

You can ignore Honda Assure having a tie up or not. Call the ASC you would go to and ask them if they have a cashless tie up with TATA. Also call TATA and confirm if they have a cashless tie up with your Honda ASC. If the answer is yes both ways, then go for it.

Hi BHPians,

Somebody scratched my Orchid White Pearl Honda City on front bumper:Frustrati. Because of this paint chipped off and black bumper plastic is exposed and looking ugly. The damaged area is around 4-5 centimeters in diameter. What are the options/suggestions to get back original look backplease:?