Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-295.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluevolt (Post 3860312)
With next service due in a week, I was thinking if switching to synthetic engine oil would increase the replacement interval of oil by 10,000 Kms instead of 5,000 Kms for mineral oil?

I mean taking the car to svc for a complete day for servicing every 5,000 KMs seems to be an issue for us due to time constraints.

What if I switch to synthetic oil and increase the service interval by 10,000 Kms instead of usual 5,000 Kms?

My i-VTEC City has done 35,000 KMs till date, with a bit increase in running, it appears to be a bit cumbersome to spend a whole day for servicing the car every 5,000 KMs.

I did the same with my City (type 3 and was out of warranty) and the associates too recommended. I have not noticed any issue with 10k running on synthetic oil.
I still don't understand 5k service interval from Honda when other are moving to 15k :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by outdoorlover (Post 3860386)
Bluevolt, while that may sound perfectly logical, Honda is likely to point out to the warranty clause stating that it will be void if you don't follow their guidance. However, I think many might do that post warranty.

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyliner34 (Post 3860769)
I did the same with my City (type 3 and was out of warranty) and the associates too recommended. I have not noticed any issue with 10k running on synthetic oil. I still don't understand 5k service interval from Honda when other are moving to 15k :Frustrati

Mine is also 3rd gen City and out of warranty period.

So wanted to confirm if the synthetic oil will last for 10k interval.

Also what is the hike in cost going from mineral to synthetic oil?

More than the cost of servicing every 5k KMs, it is a weekend day that can be saved at least by switching to synthetic.

Folks,

Been a silent visitor to this page from Day1:). I have a 2nd generation Honda City ZX CVT and plan to buy City VX CVT in a week or two. (Once Honda City, always Honda City?).

Wanted reviews on Trident Honda on Mysore Road, Bangalore. They have the color that I want (Siver or Urban Titanium) readily available and manufactured in November.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashwinee (Post 3861339)
Folks,

Been a silent visitor to this page from Day1:). I have a 2nd generation Honda City ZX CVT and plan to buy City VX CVT in a week or two. (Once Honda City, always Honda City?).

Wanted reviews on Trident Honda on Mysore Road, Bangalore. They have the color that I want (Siver or Urban Titanium) readily available and manufactured in November.

I moved from City ZX VTEC 2006 manual to Jazz V CVT 2015.
So - maybe - Once Honda - always Honda??

Jokes apart, on a serious note - why are you asking about Trident? I am confused - why don't you continue with the existing dealer?

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyliner34 (Post 3860769)
I still don't understand 5k service interval from Honda when other are moving to 15k :Frustrati

That was for the Third Generation Honda City.

For the latest (4th Generation) it has been changed to 6 Months / 10K Kms whichever is earlier.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GKMahajan (Post 3861370)
I moved from City ZX VTEC 2006 manual to Jazz V CVT 2015.
So - maybe - Once Honda - always Honda??

Jokes apart, on a serious note - why are you asking about Trident? I am confused - why don't you continue with the existing dealer?

===
I was the second owner of that car and hence no particular affinity to any dealer in Bangalore. Trident is the latest dealer (for Honda, they have Hyundai dealership from decades:)...) and hence the apprehension.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashwinee (Post 3861459)
===
I was the second owner of that car and hence no particular affinity to any dealer in Bangalore. Trident is the latest dealer (for Honda, they have Hyundai dealership from decades:)...) and hence the apprehension.

Dear ashwinee,

This is an interesting case!

So, the question now becomes - where are you getting the pre-worshiped City serviced? Why not buy from there only? You will surely have developed some sort of equation with them.

Girish Mahajan

Fellow BHP-ians,

My City VMT i-VTec (Nov 2014 model) has now run for almost 9K kms and is due for its first paid service in the next couple of weeks.

I'll check on the owner's manual but need advice on -

1. Should I be focusing/ insisting on this time during the service?
2. What things should I careful about, that the service centre could be forcing upon me?
3. What could be the cost I can expect at the end of the service assuming only general paid service and standard consumables/ filters etc. are charged?

Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OwnersPride (Post 3861786)
Fellow BHP-ians,

My City VMT i-VTec (Nov 2014 model) has now run for almost 9K kms and is due for its first paid service in the next couple of weeks.

2. What things should I careful about, that the service centre could be forcing upon me?
3. What could be the cost I can expect at the end of the service assuming only general paid service and standard consumables/ filters etc. are charged?

Thanks.

Just go for what is suggested in the Manual. Please don't opt for Germ Clean (Interiors) / AC Disinfect or any other job which is not mentioned in the manual.

You can get Wheel Alignment and balancing done outside as it would be economical and the job done would be better than ASC.

I paid around 3300 for the first service.

Quote:

Fellow BHP-ians,

Thanks.

They will push you for silencer treatment and some additional ECU remapping. Try to enquire further about this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GKMahajan (Post 3861542)
Dear ashwinee,

This is an interesting case!

So, the question now becomes - where are you getting the pre-worshiped City serviced? Why not buy from there only? You will surely have developed some sort of equation with them.

Girish Mahajan

Sorry, should have mentioned earlier. I used to service the car outside of Honda at a friend.

Quote:

Fellow BHP-ians,

Thanks.

First of all congrats for an year with city.
Since your city has only completed 9k,so you can extend the service by few extra weeks till you reach 10k.
Recommended things for 1yr servicing are Engine oil, Tyre rotation, Engine air filter and a/c filter.
Among these you can skip a/c filter change unless serious choking of pores is not present, I clean my filters every month so mine was clean enough to work.
Leaving you with engine oil,Tyre rotation and air filter, it will cost you 3700 (a/c pollen filter costs 850).
Apart from this the service guy asks for wheel balancing/alignment , interior leather cleaning, a/c disinfectant, washer fluid top up, etc. As already suggested by senior members here wheel balancing and alignment can be done at good Tyre shops outside; Rest things depend on your requirement.

I did my same servicing yesterday at 8700kms/14 months and ended up with 4300 bucks.

Also, While returning after servicing I received 22.5 kmpl mileage :D with my Ivtec in 30kms of highway stretch.

Regards,
Krishna

Booked Honda City VX CVT at Advaith Honda, Bangalore. The colour is readily available and delivery promised on 12th December. Plan to get the delivery on 13th December :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashwinee (Post 3863799)
Booked Honda City VX CVT at Advaith Honda, Bangalore. The colour is readily available and delivery promised on 12th December. Plan to get the delivery on 13th December :)

Congrats Ashwinee! What colour did you choose and what's the on-road and ex-showroom price did you get?

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-eastern_honda.png

I really hate it when service centers do a lousy job.

Party trick for newbies going in for service - Specifically ask the service rep to NOT clean your car. This probably takes the most amount of time and it almost always ends up being a shoddy job. Especially if this is a new car, don't let them clean it. The "free car wash" ends up in a long queue of cars being hurriedly cleaned and delivered.

You should be able to get your car a) ahead of time b) without any additional scratches and c) without people fiddling with your car. Take it to the nearest detailer and treat the car to a "happy birthday" wash and wipe. :)